UCF

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NAggsty Butler

UCF

Post by NAggsty Butler » November 16th, 2018, 12:37 pm

What is better for us? Do we want them to lose in against Cincinatti tomorrow, or lose in the AAC Championship game?

If they lose tomorrow, Cincinatti will likely jump us in the polls and it won't be until we beat Boise that we would possibly if at all jump ahead of them. On the other hand, if UCF wins tomorrow and loses in the Championship Game, we would be in perfect place to take the top G5 spot if we win out.

Thoughts?

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

USUaggie

Re: UCF

Post by USUaggie » November 16th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Lose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » November 16th, 2018, 12:38 pm

We should win tomorrow. I've no opinion on the rest!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 16th, 2018, 12:47 pm

I think the best case for us is Cincy beating UCF and then losing to the AAC West team in the conference championship. If Cincy wins and then us and Cincy both win out, it'll be reallllly interesting.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 16th, 2018, 12:47 pm

We need UCF to lose at some point. Cincinnati would jump us temporarily and there's a chance we never catch them, but at least there's a chance. If UCF doesn't lose there is no chance. On the slight chance both Cincinnati and USU win out, there would be an uproar no matter who the committee chooses at that point. It's worrisome that Cincinnati has a P5 win (though it was UCLA). So root against UCLA.

Another area to watch is who Cincinnati/UCF would play in the championship game. SMU really isnt that good, but if they win out they'll be in. They're 7.5 point underdogs to Memphis at home tonight, which tells your right there they aren't that good. They wouldn't beat Cincinnati or UCF. Houston has a chance though and we need them to win their division. So root for SMU to lose so Cincinnati or UCF would face Houston in the championship.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 16th, 2018, 12:54 pm

We beat them 30-27 in 2001, I was at that game :)

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » November 16th, 2018, 1:34 pm

I just can't even think about UCF right now. We still have to win 2 road games, one against a ranked BSU team and we've never won in Boise.

Pins and needles.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 16th, 2018, 1:40 pm

I've said this a thousand times this season.....WE GOT THIS

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 16th, 2018, 2:17 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 1:40 pm
You are my favorite!!!!!!!

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 16th, 2018, 2:19 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:17 pm
taniataylor wrote:
:thanks: :cheers:

satireag
Has thanked: 0

Post by satireag » November 16th, 2018, 2:33 pm

paaron46 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 1:34 pm
I just can't even think about UCF right now. We still have to win 2 road games, one against a ranked BSU team and we've never won in Boise.

Pins and needles.

We have won in Boise before, it was in the 90's but it did happen. I remeber being in the Boise area for one game and listening on the radio and they were dismantled by Cal State Northridge by 50 some points, of course that was then and this is now...

jAggie

Post by jAggie » November 16th, 2018, 3:17 pm

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 16th, 2018, 3:18 pm

I love Tania's attitude. JFW.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Bybs25

Post by Bybs25 » November 16th, 2018, 3:25 pm

taniataylor wrote:I've said this a thousand times this season.....WE GOT THIS
Yes we do. Also I really like what I said after the Michigan state game on the poll we did I said we win every game from then on. I said we would go 11-1

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 16th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Bybs25 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 3:25 pm
taniataylor wrote:I've said this a thousand times this season.....WE GOT THIS
Yes we do. Also I really like what I said after the Michigan state game on the poll we did I said we win every game from then on. I said we would go 11-1

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
:thanks:

Bondar4Aggies

Post by Bondar4Aggies » November 16th, 2018, 5:04 pm

swishh_15 wrote:We need UCF to lose at some point. Cincinnati would jump us temporarily and there's a chance we never catch them, but at least there's a chance. If UCF doesn't lose there is no chance. On the slight chance both Cincinnati and USU win out, there would be an uproar no matter who the committee chooses at that point. It's worrisome that Cincinnati has a P5 win (though it was UCLA). So root against UCLA.

Another area to watch is who Cincinnati/UCF would play in the championship game. SMU really isnt that good, but if they win out they'll be in. They're 7.5 point underdogs to Memphis at home tonight, which tells your right there they aren't that good. They wouldn't beat Cincinnati or UCF. Houston has a chance though and we need them to win their division. So root for SMU to lose so Cincinnati or UCF would face Houston in the championship.
Houston’s QB, D’Eriq King, is out for the year now. He led the nation in TDs responsible for. Probably not a huge difference between SMU and Houston with no King or Oliver.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » November 16th, 2018, 5:55 pm

taniataylor wrote:
As I've said before, this is a team of destiny.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 16th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Bondar4Aggies wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 5:04 pm
swishh_15 wrote:We need UCF to lose at some point. Cincinnati would jump us temporarily and there's a chance we never catch them, but at least there's a chance. If UCF doesn't lose there is no chance. On the slight chance both Cincinnati and USU win out, there would be an uproar no matter who the committee chooses at that point. It's worrisome that Cincinnati has a P5 win (though it was UCLA). So root against UCLA.

Houston’s QB, D’Eriq King, is out for the year now. He led the nation in TDs responsible for. Probably not a huge difference between SMU and Houston with no King or Oliver.
Oh I did not realize that. Dang. Thanks for providing relevant information though instead of just going around like a talking robot on repeat muttering “JFW JFW JFW”.

Thank goodness the team focuses on every little detail and works really hard instead of just saying “nothing matters, who cares about any details? Just win the game.”

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 16th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Beat CSU first, keep winning and this will all sort out fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 17th, 2018, 8:33 am

swishh_15 wrote:
Bondar4Aggies wrote:

Oh I did not realize that. Dang. Thanks for providing relevant information though instead of just going around like a talking robot on repeat muttering “JFW JFW JFW”.

Thank goodness the team focuses on every little detail and works really hard instead of just saying “nothing matters, who cares about any details? Just win the game.”
I’m glad I’m not the only one this drives crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 17th, 2018, 9:23 am

2004AG wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 8:33 am
swishh_15 wrote:
Bondar4Aggies wrote:

Thank goodness the team focuses on every little detail and workshop really hard instead of just saying “nothing matters, who cares about any details? Just win the game.”

Details don’t matter if we don’t WIN the game.

If this team were 1-9 with some amazing and incredible “details”.

The only numbers I care about at this point is final score and hopefully 0 injured players.

You know what they would call the team if they won our next 3 games by only 1 point each?

MWC champions.

UCF controls their fate- all our guys can do right now is beat who they play. Other chips can fall where they may.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 17th, 2018, 3:15 pm

I'm glad we have details right about now. 2 defensive TDs! Sure feels better than a win.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 17th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Ain’t happening. 28-6 to start the 4th quarter

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 17th, 2018, 9:10 pm

It's okay.
With todays game I have realized that we should focus on goals not dreams. One week at a time, one game at a time, win the division, win the conference.

Where only sage brush grows

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 17th, 2018, 9:26 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:19 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:17 pm
taniataylor wrote:
:thanks: :cheers:
BTW, no way Jordan muffs that punt

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

hvaggie

Post by hvaggie » November 17th, 2018, 9:29 pm

I forgot. How many muffed punts does Jordan have this year?

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 17th, 2018, 9:50 pm

hvaggie wrote:I forgot. How many muffed punts does Jordan have this year?
I think one

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 17th, 2018, 10:05 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
hvaggie wrote:I forgot. How many muffed punts does Jordan have this year?
I think one

He dropped one but it bounced back up to him quick. I think it was the AF game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » November 17th, 2018, 10:09 pm

UCF tears through Cincinnati 38-13.

The next couple of weeks are going to provide some entertaining football.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 17th, 2018, 10:32 pm

hvaggie wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 9:29 pm
I forgot. How many muffed punts does Jordan have this year?
More than he should....#toughmom

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 17th, 2018, 10:39 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 9:23 am
2004AG wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 8:33 am
swishh_15 wrote:
Bondar4Aggies wrote:

Thank goodness the team focuses on every little detail and workshop really hard instead of just saying “nothing matters, who cares about any details? Just win the game.”

Details don’t matter if we don’t WIN the game.

If this team were 1-9 with some amazing and incredible “details”.

The only numbers I care about at this point is final score and hopefully 0 injured players.

You know what they would call the team if they won our next 3 games by only 1 point each?

MWC champions.

UCF controls their fate- all our guys can do right now is beat who they play. Other chips can fall where they may.
The Houston vs Memphis game is crucial next week as the winner of that will play UCF in the title game as Memphis was able to beat SMU today. With injuries for Houston, we need Memphis to win as they would have a better shot of knocking off UCF. Btw, the knights only beat Memphis by 1 point earlier this season. But, we need to get back on track and rebound from this week in order to be competitive the rest of the season. With a MW championship and a little luck, just maybe.....! :utah: :state:

Locked Previous topicNext topic