Aggie Karma

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tinplater

Aggie Karma

Post by tinplater » November 18th, 2018, 8:18 am

I can't ever recall being more disappointed in a "win" lifetime. The CSU game sucked all the good vibes I had about this team and I think exposed the fact that our amazing record is primarily the result of playing very poor teams. Our wins against CSU and Wyoming were hardly impressive. It will take, IMO, a herculean effort to get the team up and ready for Boise. That single game is going to define our season much more than a bowl game (Potato again???Ugh). Unfortunately I fear the Aggies lose by three touchdowns. Considering placing a substantial bet on Boise, just to ease the pain of losing.

GameFAQSAggie

Re: Aggie Karma

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 18th, 2018, 8:35 am

tinplater wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 8:18 am
I can't ever recall being more disappointed in a "win" lifetime.
Southern Utah 2015??????

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 18th, 2018, 8:44 am

Interesting take. Look, it was a horrible game that we should have lost. I think it was a lot of different elements that came together for that game to have that outcome. Colorado State played their guts out. We got there best shot and they probably played they best game all season. There was the weather. It did play a factor. I think it caused coaches and players to play a bit more conservative. Mentally, I feel the team didn't prepare for Colorado State as much as they should have. I think the earlier kick off time played a factor as well. Late night games you get to mentally prepare all day long. A noon kick off you only get a couple hours.

That brings me to next week. Late night game. I feel that is going to better for us. None of the players are going to be looking past Bosie. This is the game they been wanting to get to. It's winner takes all. All previous games are irreverent. They are going to be much more prepared for Boise.

I truly feel better about Boise now given what happen at CSU then if the Aggies blew them out. If the Aggies just blew them out then it's just the status quo to game prep. The shot to the confidence by CSU will make the players and coaches work extra hard to get ready for the donks.

Im going to be putting my money on the Aggies. I hope they sent favored so I can win more to be honest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » November 18th, 2018, 9:14 am

tinplater wrote:
I can't ever recall being more disappointed in a "win" lifetime. The CSU game sucked all the good vibes I had about this team and I think exposed the fact that our amazing record is primarily the result of playing very poor teams. Our wins against CSU and Wyoming were hardly impressive. It will take, IMO, a herculean effort to get the team up and ready for Boise. That single game is going to define our season much more than a bowl game (Potato again???Ugh). Unfortunately I fear the Aggies lose by three touchdowns. Considering placing a substantial bet on Boise, just to ease the pain of losing.
Don't look up, the sky is falling on the 10-1 Aggies. I'm so disappointed in everything, can't find anything to be happy about. Oh, we won a very strange game on the road. Good idea, bet against your team. :headscratch: :shock:

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » November 18th, 2018, 9:39 am

Disappointed in a loss? We act like the Aggies didn’t fight hard yesterday. CSU played really well and the Aggies didn’t execute to the level we have seen this year. The players were out their playing hard. Because of the way it ended we forget that the Aggies came down and scored the go ahead td in the clutch. The play before the crazy ending a 3 man rush got to the qb. Players out there fighting to the end. Aggies winning should never be disappointing. 10-1 moving on the Boise State

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 18th, 2018, 9:42 am

The only thing that concerns me right now is our abilities to play well on the road. Our only blow out road win was at Hawaii and we know how they are. We should remind the team that Boise is practically a home game!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 18th, 2018, 9:43 am

bigblue wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 8:44 am
Interesting take. Look, it was a horrible game that we should have lost. I think it was a lot of different elements that came together for that game to have that outcome. Colorado State played their guts out. We got there best shot and they probably played they best game all season. There was the weather. It did play a factor. I think it caused coaches and players to play a bit more conservative. Mentally, I feel the team didn't prepare for Colorado State as much as they should have. I think the earlier kick off time played a factor as well. Late night games you get to mentally prepare all day long. A noon kick off you only get a couple hours.

That brings me to next week. Late night game. I feel that is going to better for us. None of the players are going to be looking past Bosie. This is the game they been wanting to get to. It's winner takes all. All previous games are irreverent. They are going to be much more prepared for Boise.

I truly feel better about Boise now given what happen at CSU then if the Aggies blew them out. If the Aggies just blew them out then it's just the status quo to game prep. The shot to the confidence by CSU will make the players and coaches work extra hard to get ready for the donks.

Im going to be putting my money on the Aggies. I hope they sent favored so I can win more to be honest.

There is nothing worse than and irreverent game, except an irrelevant one. :lol:

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » November 18th, 2018, 10:05 am

The only thing 3 and 9 means is they were easy to overlook. That was not the same team that is 3 and 9 that looked more like the team that was picked to finish towards the top of the conference. When youre ranked where we are you have a bullseye on your head for every team you play with half of a competitive nature about them. Not to mention how much diff the score would have been had we cleaned up even a few of the mistakes. That being said we have got to play a hell of a lot better in Boise.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 18th, 2018, 10:11 am

tinplater wrote:
I think you're drawing some very final conclusions about an entire team and season based on two bad games (games we won, BTW) versus nine good ones. The knee-jerk emotional responses are off the reality I believe. The game against Boise will be a close one. Big picture for me is that while we played really poorly, we still won. If we play well against Boise, we can win. I'm expecting a refocused team next week.
Last edited by Madmartigan on November 18th, 2018, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 18th, 2018, 10:13 am

ViAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 9:42 am
The only thing that concerns me right now is our abilities to play well on the road. Our only blow out road win was at Hawaii and we know how they are. We should remind the team that Boise is practically a home game!
BYU was also a blowout win on the road.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 18th, 2018, 10:15 am

Madmartigan wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 9:42 am
BYU was also a blowout win on the road.
#yeahbutstill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 18th, 2018, 11:34 am

Over reaction. You can’t believe CSU is a really good team. It was a great effort by them, but no means an example of us playing a difficult, tough opponent. We played like crap and they played great, it was not because we finally played a great opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 18th, 2018, 11:34 am

Yeah, that 10th straight WIN, on the road, in the cold, has just ruined my enjoyment of the best start to a season in the entire 100+ years of football at Utah State. We have no chance to beat a team that got beat at home by SDSU and barely, barely survived BYU at home - a team we beat by 25 on the road. No chance. We don’t deserve to be ranked. We don’t deserve to win. We don’t deserve to be happy. Life just sucks as an Aggie.
Last edited by bluegrouse on November 18th, 2018, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 18th, 2018, 11:55 am

The good Aggie Karma was alive & well on Saturday!! Take note.

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » November 18th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Glad we won though we didnt deserve to. My biggest concern is our pass defense. It seem like anyone can pass chunk yardage all over us. Are our DBs taught to stay 5 yards off of every receiver? Are they taught to just play their man and not look back for a ball? Its been like this for every game this season. I am very nervous about the last 2 games where we play teams with good quarterbacks.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » November 18th, 2018, 1:39 pm

Sometimes you win games you shouldn't. This was one of those games. Having said that I can't remember very many "lucky" wins in USU history. We usually seem to be on the losing side of that coin. I hope this is a game we look back at and say that is when we started winning the "lucky" games.

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 18th, 2018, 3:22 pm

bigblue wrote:

I call this the byu excuse. We're everyone's superbowl, right?

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 18th, 2018, 4:40 pm

AgMac wrote:
bigblue wrote:

I call this the byu excuse. We're everyone's superbowl, right?
Call it whatever you want, we are ranked and on top in the conference. We are going to get everyone's best game.

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Locked Previous topicNext topic