VAUGHNS Walk in TD

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Blue Sage
Posts: 525
Joined: January 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 34 times

VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Blue Sage » November 18th, 2018, 3:39 pm

How key was that walk in TD? The hail mary / illegal touching play started with 8 seconds left. If I'm not mistaken if that happened with 11 seconds left CSU gets one more shot. Looking back walking in the TD was some crafty smart football. Not sure if it was the difference time wise but slowing it down sure didn't hurt. Hats off to Vaughns :thanks:

Does somebody have a link to the play? I couldn't find one.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 18th, 2018, 4:05 pm

[youtube][/youtube]



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5738
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Imakeitrain » November 18th, 2018, 4:32 pm

Key- but we also could have- had him fall- run a play call a time out- and kick a fg with no time remaining.

That being said, you take the points you have every time.

This is a good example of how it’s unfsir to say we didn’t deserve to win. This was such a key drive and we stepped up when it mattered.


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6266
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 18th, 2018, 10:53 pm

He could have wasted even more time and just run parallel to the end zone for a bit.



Olderthandirt
Posts: 217
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 2:00 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Olderthandirt » November 18th, 2018, 11:04 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 10:53 pm
He could have wasted even more time and just run parallel to the end zone for a bit.
Yes. I kind of wish he would have done that. But--we went for two, which was good, but taken away because of a penalty. Then, the late hit moved them up the field, so that the hail mary was much shorter than it should have been.

We are lucky to win after those mistakes.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5738
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Imakeitrain » November 18th, 2018, 11:45 pm



"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

pablohoney
Posts: 449
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:45 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by pablohoney » November 19th, 2018, 6:10 am

One time on the old Tecmo Bowl I ran out an entire quarter in one play with Bo Jackson.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9085
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4067 times
Been thanked: 2255 times
Contact:

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2018, 6:19 am

pablohoney wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 6:10 am
One time on the old Tecmo Bowl I ran out an entire quarter in one play with Bo Jackson.
Wasn't that during one of our epic Thanksgiving or Christmas Tecmo Bowl tournaments?



Aggie_CEE
Posts: 224
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Aggie_CEE » November 19th, 2018, 8:32 am

Olderthandirt wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 11:04 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 10:53 pm
He could have wasted even more time and just run parallel to the end zone for a bit.
Yes. I kind of wish he would have done that. But--we went for two, which was good, but taken away because of a penalty. Then, the late hit moved them up the field, so that the hail mary was much shorter than it should have been.

We are lucky to win after those mistakes.
That Ferguson hit was not late in my opinion. I watched a few times and he makes contact with the CSU QB about a nanoseco before his feet are out of bounds. Can anyone convince me I'm wrong, or was that just a bad call?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9085
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4067 times
Been thanked: 2255 times
Contact:

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2018, 8:38 am

Aggie_CEE wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 8:32 am
Olderthandirt wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 11:04 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 10:53 pm
He could have wasted even more time and just run parallel to the end zone for a bit.
Yes. I kind of wish he would have done that. But--we went for two, which was good, but taken away because of a penalty. Then, the late hit moved them up the field, so that the hail mary was much shorter than it should have been.

We are lucky to win after those mistakes.
That Ferguson hit was not late in my opinion. I watched a few times and he makes contact with the CSU QB about a nanoseco before his feet are out of bounds. Can anyone convince me I'm wrong, or was that just a bad call?
I don't think you're wrong BUT in this day and age where referees protect QBs with more protectiveness than they would protect their own mothers. Gaje has to be more aware of the situation. Colin Hill was clearly headed out of bounds and Gaje came over and cracked him. All Gaje needed to do was keep Hill honest and not let him slip a few more yards forward. If it were the first quarter, crack him and send a message that you mean business. 30 seconds left in the game and you're nursing a lead, don't let him punk you but you have to lay up.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3734
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Elkaggie » November 19th, 2018, 8:50 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 8:38 am
Aggie_CEE wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 8:32 am
Olderthandirt wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 11:04 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 10:53 pm
He could have wasted even more time and just run parallel to the end zone for a bit.
Yes. I kind of wish he would have done that. But--we went for two, which was good, but taken away because of a penalty. Then, the late hit moved them up the field, so that the hail mary was much shorter than it should have been.

We are lucky to win after those mistakes.
That Ferguson hit was not late in my opinion. I watched a few times and he makes contact with the CSU QB about a nanoseco before his feet are out of bounds. Can anyone convince me I'm wrong, or was that just a bad call?
I don't think you're wrong BUT in this day and age where referees protect QBs with more protectiveness than they would protect their own mothers. Gaje has to be more aware of the situation. Colin Hill was clearly headed out of bounds and Gaje came over and cracked him. All Gaje needed to do was keep Hill honest and not let him slip a few more yards forward. If it were the first quarter, crack him and send a message that you mean business. 30 seconds left in the game and you're nursing a lead, don't let him punk you but you have to lay up.
Wasn’t it Aaron Wade that hit him late? I think they called it on Ferguson but I believe it was Wade that actually hit him well out of bounds.



tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG
Posts: 452
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:17 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by tipitup » November 19th, 2018, 8:53 am

no wade was from the side, gage was coming at him from downfield, it was gage.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9085
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4067 times
Been thanked: 2255 times
Contact:

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2018, 8:58 am

tipitup wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 8:53 am
no wade was from the side, gage was coming at him from downfield, it was gage.
Absolutely Gaje.



Aggie_CEE
Posts: 224
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Aggie_CEE » November 19th, 2018, 9:18 am

Image

The problem that I have with the call is that Hill is running for the first down marker and stayed in bounds to try and pick up the extra yard. Gaje hits him while still in bounds and is trying to keep him from making the first down. Wells was in his face for it, but I think it was just a bad call and he played it right. You shouldn't be called for a late hit on a QB that is still technically in bounds, despite how close he was to being out. "It's a game of inches..."



tysteve20
Posts: 221
Joined: August 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by tysteve20 » November 19th, 2018, 9:25 am

Not surprised at all gaje did that. And probably out of frustration too. I graduated high school with the kid and his nickname for football and basketball was "raging gaje" because of his short temper and stupid mistakes.




User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by GUS » November 19th, 2018, 10:35 am

I'm on the side that it was a bogus call. Hill was running for the first down marker and Gaje was trying to prevent that. Hill still was partially inbounds when Gaje hit him.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3734
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Elkaggie » November 19th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Video anyone? Based on the photo from above it looks like Ferg pushes him out but Wade shoulders him after he was clearly out of bounds.



aggieaggie
Posts: 1719
Joined: November 11th, 2010, 10:45 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by aggieaggie » November 19th, 2018, 1:22 pm

Ferguson is the player about to apply the shoulder in the photo above, not the player pushing him out. I don't even think Wade is in that photo or was anywhere near the play.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3734
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by Elkaggie » November 19th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Ok. Sounds good. As usual my memory sucks.



sneed
Posts: 832
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by sneed » November 19th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Elkaggie wrote:Video anyone? Based on the photo from above it looks like Ferg pushes him out but Wade shoulders him after he was clearly out of bounds.
My vote is bad call. He is trying to prevent the first down - hit him right as he was going out of bounds (not out of bounds) he finished the hit when his foot was out of bounds. I’m an Aggie though.

https://youtu.be/rKM2W00KoEo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by dyedblue » November 19th, 2018, 9:52 pm

If that is a late hit why did Love get drilled in the first half while sliding? Much more blatant than this.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

BigBlueSteve
Posts: 484
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: VAUGHNS Walk in TD

Post by BigBlueSteve » November 20th, 2018, 12:25 am

Watching live I thought it was late. The replay shows Gage? Stepping in front of the first down marker to prevent the first down run and pushing the qb to redirect him.



Locked Previous topicNext topic