how are the players feeling?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AndroidAggie

how are the players feeling?

Post by AndroidAggie » November 18th, 2018, 9:13 pm

i don't feel like we didn't deserve to win, i felt like we didn't deserve to win that way.

how do the players feel?

Usurossco
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: how are the players feeling?

Post by Usurossco » November 18th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Some years ball the bounces in our direction. This one win does not erase 30 years of losing these type of games.
It is awesome to finally win one!!!! I feel very happy and excited to be 10-1. I have never seen Nebraska or Alabama fans ever say anything about some of the lucky ways they have won in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 18th, 2018, 9:34 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:i don't feel like we didn't deserve to win, i felt like we didn't deserve to win that way.

how do the players feel?
I just ran into Wells at the Hyde Park Maverick red box, CSU is petitioning to have the game overturned.

Hail Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 18th, 2018, 9:39 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 9:34 pm
AndroidAggie wrote:i don't feel like we didn't deserve to win, i felt like we didn't deserve to win that way.

how do the players feel?
I just ran into Wells at the Hyde Park Maverick red box, CSU is petitioning to have the game overturned.

We are giving the game to CSU. They don't need to petition anything. We didn't deserve to win that way so the win belongs to them.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 18th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Rule 1

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 18th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Not sure if AK is serious but no way the game could be overturned waaay to much video evidence on that one plus you can't review that type of call.

BTW Go re-watch the final play, note our player being held big time flagrant preventing an otherwise certain sack, ref is right there but no call. The hold should have been called before the player stepped out. Due to 8 seconds in the game, the holding call still would have ended the game. CSU was LUCKY not to get a call there or earlier in the drive where there was also a big-time hold. Glad the other official called it as it happened and didn't hold his hat.

I have no idea how the players are feeling other than what they said on the post game. One can only imagine. It would be fun to find out though.

#hornsup!

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » November 19th, 2018, 1:40 am

Have the result of a game ever been overturned? I have never heard of it happening, even when the officials clearly made a mistake. In this case the rule is very clear, and the video evidence is clear that the rule was violated. The only question is whether he may have been forced out of bounds. Someone on the MWC board posted several screen shots of the play in question. The last contact between the CSU player and the USU defender (I cannot remember who it was), occurred in the vicinity of the 25 or 26 yard line. The CSU player made at least four strides after contact, and three of them were in a straight line along the sidelines, before stepping out around the 13 yard line. The fact that he had ran in a straight line for at least three strides over 12 yards before stepping out of bounds makes it very unlikely the contact that occurred earlier was the cause for his stepping out of bounds. I am skeptical that CSU is seeking to overturn the results, and even more skeptical that it would actually happen.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » November 19th, 2018, 2:04 am

Blue Sage wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 10:35 pm
Not sure if AK is serious but no way the game could be overturned waaay to much video evidence on that one plus you can't review that type of call.

BTW Go re-watch the final play, note our player being held big time flagrant preventing an otherwise certain sack, ref is right there but no call. The hold should have been called before the player stepped out. Due to 8 seconds in the game, the holding call still would have ended the game. CSU was LUCKY not to get a call there or earlier in the drive where there was also a big-time hold. Glad the other official called it as it happened and didn't hold his hat.

I have no idea how the players are feeling other than what they said on the post game. One can only imagine. It would be fun to find out though.
Clearly you are fairly new to this board.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 19th, 2018, 7:47 am

utaggies wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 2:04 am
Blue Sage wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Clearly you are fairly new to this board.

I remember those days......ohhhh AK

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » November 19th, 2018, 8:53 am

We won the game fair and square and according to the rules. Did CSU out play us? Yes, but they didn't win the game. The shoe has been on the other foot for the Aggies many times. For example the 1963 game against Utah in Logan. Statistically we beat them in every category and photos show our ball carrier over the goal on a last minute play to win the game but the referees called it short and we lost. Enough of this self imposed torture!

Donman

Post by Donman » November 19th, 2018, 9:11 am

Coach Wells said he will tell the team the words of his Grandpa who was a golf pro in Tulsa. He always said after a hole to put the score down and then put it in the box. It doesn't matter whether you made a bad drive and it hit a tree and luckily went into fairway or you made a great drive and then lipped out the put, the score is still the same.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 19th, 2018, 10:06 am

TheAKAggie wrote:

how do the players feel?

Funny you ran into him. I saw Yost at Smith's yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen boxes of hair dye in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the boxes and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each box and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 19th, 2018, 10:26 am

Hidden yards guys, 2 long pick 6's, good kickoff return...we did what we had to do to win...good teams find a way...some games we'll have all facets of the game firing on high, some only a couple, some only a couple of big plays...but God help the teams when we're all on point...and let it be Saturday night in Boise.

Aggiebull
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggiebull » November 19th, 2018, 10:56 am

Ah, now we have an indication is here and not at some larger school.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 19th, 2018, 2:04 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 10:06 am
TheAKAggie wrote:

how do the players feel?

Funny you ran into him. I saw Yost at Smith's yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen boxes of hair dye in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the boxes and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each box and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Funny. The EXACT same thing happened to fans who ran into Gary Anderson a few years ago at Smith's. Not sure if this has made the rounds yet regarding Coach Wells.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 19th, 2018, 2:06 pm

awesome thoughts.

anyone heard from the players?

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » November 19th, 2018, 2:47 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

how do the players feel?

I had hoped this joke had died.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 19th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Old jokes never die, they just fade away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » November 19th, 2018, 5:27 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

how do the players feel?

Yost is a dick.

Hail Aggies!

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 19th, 2018, 6:04 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

how do the players feel?

Yost is a dick.

But one with a freshly dyed mane

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » November 20th, 2018, 7:30 am

I work with someone extremely close to ferguson. It was brought up that they may have been looking to boise already. Also saw someone here say that maybe ferguson saw the hat flag which is why he laid off the hail mary. Not true, just didnt get there and still feels really bad about it. Obviosuly i tried to give words of comfort. There were many errors that lead to the last drive. I bet we wont see the unsportsmanlike again at least for sure.

Bybs25

Post by Bybs25 » November 20th, 2018, 9:25 am

I would say fortunate. They probably said we squeaked by guys we can't let that happen in Sat. We need to prepare better than we have all year and we need to crush Boise and finish what we started and go undefeated in conference play and win the ccg. We have to crush Boise and that all that matters.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » November 20th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Usu0505 wrote:I work with someone extremely close to ferguson. It was brought up that they may have been looking to boise already. Also saw someone here say that maybe ferguson saw the hat flag which is why he laid off the hail mary. Not true, just didnt get there and still feels really bad about it. Obviosuly i tried to give words of comfort. There were many errors that lead to the last drive. I bet we wont see the unsportsmanlike again at least for sure.
Third hand info? Weak. Get that out to 5th or 6th and it’ll be believable.

Hail Aggies!

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » November 21st, 2018, 8:46 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 8:28 pm
Usu0505 wrote:I work with someone extremely close to ferguson. It was brought up that they may have been looking to boise already. Also saw someone here say that maybe ferguson saw the hat flag which is why he laid off the hail mary. Not true, just didnt get there and still feels really bad about it. Obviosuly i tried to give words of comfort. There were many errors that lead to the last drive. I bet we wont see the unsportsmanlike again at least for sure.
Third hand info? Weak. Get that out to 5th or 6th and it’ll be believable.

Lol my bad.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » April 5th, 2019, 11:32 pm

williamson12041 wrote:This is a really subjective question and there are endless Possibilites to this. People play with the feeling of other people because the threshold of being hurt emotionally is different in everyone. What might be hurtful to someone might not be the same for other. Hence people treat others in the way they feel (best golf irons) is bearable. The other reason could be immaturity and inactivity towards others. I have met many people who are insensitive towards the feelings of others. They just turn a blind eye towards them. Immaturity could be factor as well, lack of perception of feeling is prevalent when a person is immature to Handel things. The other mere reason could be to have that “cassonova" image in other people's eye. I believe all this comes from where you come, how you have been brought up, how have you seen people reacting around you. Homes with caring and sensitive adults usually results in a more mature and caring child and homes with violence and hatred results in insensitive approach towards others feelings.

Say what?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 6th, 2019, 7:20 am

Jjoey53 wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 11:32 pm
williamson12041 wrote:This is a really subjective question and there are endless Possibilites to this. People play with the feeling of other people because the threshold of being hurt emotionally is different in everyone. What might be hurtful to someone might not be the same for other. Hence people treat others in the way they feel (best golf irons) is bearable. The other reason could be immaturity and inactivity towards others. I have met many people who are insensitive towards the feelings of others. They just turn a blind eye towards them. Immaturity could be factor as well, lack of perception of feeling is prevalent when a person is immature to Handel things. The other mere reason could be to have that “cassonova" image in other people's eye. I believe all this comes from where you come, how you have been brought up, how have you seen people reacting around you. Homes with caring and sensitive adults usually results in a more mature and caring child and homes with violence and hatred results in insensitive approach towards others feelings.
Say what?
Seriously

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » April 6th, 2019, 7:55 am

Jjoey53 wrote:

Say what?

Spam bot

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic