Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dogie
Posts: 2944
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 75 times

Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by dogie » November 23rd, 2018, 1:37 pm

At game time, the current forecast for Logan on December 1 is 28 degrees and 40% chance of snow.



Machismo
Posts: 3282
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by Machismo » November 23rd, 2018, 2:02 pm

That's football weather in Logan Ut.
Champions can play in any type of weather.


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

tinplater
Posts: 615
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by tinplater » November 23rd, 2018, 6:09 pm

Machismo wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 2:02 pm
That's football weather in Logan Ut.
Champions can play in any type of weather.
I wish we could say that is true of the Aggies...but the poor performance in Wyoming and Colorado makes me think we will not fare well tomorrow night in Boise, and the weather of concern is likely to be in Fresno.



brian5562
Posts: 1384
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by brian5562 » November 23rd, 2018, 6:21 pm

Both those games on the road and San Jose game was colder than Wyoming.



User avatar
IdaAg93
Posts: 1460
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SE Idaho...a perfect distance from the hive.
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by IdaAg93 » November 23rd, 2018, 6:49 pm

Yep, Aaron Vaughns was saying the cold weather was an issue in Colorado, which is an issue, that it was a problem. Maybe some of you have read this, but it is concerning that weather was a surprise for this team. I do believe we will be mentally prepared for it Saturday evening.

Aaron Vaughn’s said this: “The receivers had to figure out how we were going to catch the ball in that type of weather,” Vaughns said. “So, we got the feel. I believe we had one drop from the inside corps and not very many from the outside group. [junior quarterback] Jordan [Love] got the feel of how to throw the ball. He got a better understanding of how to throw in that weather. This week, moving forward, we just have a mindset of, ‘OK, it’s going to be cold; let’s just dial it in a little bit more and focus.’”

I think this is exactly why we sucked at CSU. Cause it was cold.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5734
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 237 times
Contact:

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by TheAKAggie » November 23rd, 2018, 7:00 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:Yep, Aaron Vaughns was saying the cold weather was an issue in Colorado, which is an issue, that it was a problem. Maybe some of you have read this, but it is concerning that weather was a surprise for this team. I do believe we will be mentally prepared for it Saturday evening.

Aaron Vaughn’s said this: “The receivers had to figure out how we were going to catch the ball in that type of weather,” Vaughns said. “So, we got the feel. I believe we had one drop from the inside corps and not very many from the outside group. [junior quarterback] Jordan [Love] got the feel of how to throw the ball. He got a better understanding of how to throw in that weather. This week, moving forward, we just have a mindset of, ‘OK, it’s going to be cold; let’s just dial it in a little bit more and focus.’”

I think this is exactly why we sucked at CSU. Cause it was cold.
It was cold in the valley s, m, t, w, this was not the case last week. They practiced what they will play in this week.


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7104
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by GeoAg » November 23rd, 2018, 7:20 pm

Wyoming was great weather. Not cold at all.


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

72AgGrad
Posts: 5812
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by 72AgGrad » November 23rd, 2018, 8:00 pm

Forgive me for saying so, but I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Watching the game between Washington and WSU, where if the weather keeps up they might be playing up to their knees by the 4th quarter, I'm more worried that weather will be in Boise tomorrow night. Washington has the better run game, and are dominating thus far. I hope we can generate a running offense in the snow, if that is what happens. If we don't, and BSU is able to pass on our depleted secondary, it won't matter what the weather is in Logan next week.



brian5562
Posts: 1384
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by brian5562 » November 23rd, 2018, 8:09 pm

So the weather won’t affect their passing game?



User avatar
Aggie_in_Idaho
Posts: 48
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 2:45 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Has liked: 419 times
Been liked: 1 time

Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by Aggie_in_Idaho » November 23rd, 2018, 9:13 pm

Image

Shouldn’t be bad at all tomorrow night. It rained off and on most of the day today. It’s been fine tonight.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny all day. Clear tomorrow night. Only thing the Aggies should have to worry about is a little cold air. It shouldn’t be nothing like last week at Fort Collins.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



tinplater
Posts: 615
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by tinplater » November 23rd, 2018, 10:08 pm

Aggie_in_Idaho wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 9:13 pm
Image

Shouldn’t be bad at all tomorrow night. It rained off and on most of the day today. It’s been fine tonight.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny all day. Clear tomorrow night. Only thing the Aggies should have to worry about is a little cold air. It shouldn’t be nothing like last week at Fort Collins.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
32 at 8pm 28 at 11 wind around 10mph. Arizona has made me feel that that is a bit more than "a little cold air".



Olderthandirt
Posts: 210
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 2:00 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by Olderthandirt » November 23rd, 2018, 10:39 pm

I can't believe there is a thread about this. Can we win tomorrow first? This feels like a jinx!



dogie
Posts: 2944
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by dogie » November 24th, 2018, 7:32 am

Olderthandirt wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 10:39 pm
Can we win tomorrow first?
Then in Logan second!



NVAggie
Posts: 15951
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 539 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by NVAggie » November 24th, 2018, 8:26 am

I’m very superstitious about this type of stuff. I hate when these threads show up.



Machismo
Posts: 3282
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by Machismo » November 24th, 2018, 9:34 am

The fiesta bowl thread is making me even more nervous.


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

72AgGrad
Posts: 5812
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by 72AgGrad » November 24th, 2018, 10:27 am

brian5562 wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 8:09 pm
So the weather won’t affect their passing game?
The weather, IF it is like it was last night in Pullman, might affect BSU's passing game. It did seem to slow down Washington State, but it didn't stop them completely. I do not claim expertise, but the argument I have often heard is that wet, slick conditions favor the offense. A receiver knows where he is going, when he is going to cut. The DB has to react to what he sees, not easy in the slop, and something our DB's have not been very good at even in ideal conditions.



72AgGrad
Posts: 5812
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by 72AgGrad » November 24th, 2018, 10:28 am

NVAggie wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 8:26 am
I’m very superstitious about this type of stuff. I hate when these threads show up.
As do I. I'm very nervous about this game.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13403
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 349 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2018, 10:30 am

72AgGrad wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 10:27 am
brian5562 wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 8:09 pm
So the weather won’t affect their passing game?
The weather, IF it is like it was last night in Pullman, might affect BSU's passing game. It did seem to slow down Washington State, but it didn't stop them completely. I do not claim expertise, but the argument I have often heard is that wet, slick conditions favor the offense. A receiver knows where he is going, when he is going to cut. The DB has to react to what he sees, not easy in the slop, and something our DB's have not been very good at even in ideal conditions.
Forecast for tonight in Boise is clear and cold. I think visibility was the biggest issue in the Apple Cup.



Olderthandirt
Posts: 210
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 2:00 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by Olderthandirt » November 25th, 2018, 12:00 am

Not very superstitious, but this thread should never have happened.



User avatar
AGNUMPI
Posts: 1256
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by AGNUMPI » November 25th, 2018, 1:18 am

NVAggie wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 8:26 am
I’m very superstitious about this type of stuff. I hate when these threads show up.
Me too.


"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

Elkaggie
Posts: 3641
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Current Logan forecast for MWC championship game

Post by Elkaggie » November 25th, 2018, 1:26 am

I blame our loss on this thread.



Locked Previous topicNext topic