is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7419
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 41 times

is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by ViAggie » November 28th, 2018, 2:32 pm

:joking:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5696
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by USU78 » November 28th, 2018, 2:46 pm

I'm voting bring back Lucifer Smith!


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7419
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by ViAggie » November 28th, 2018, 2:52 pm

HEY check this out, one of GA's old assistant coaches is now available: http://footballscoop.com/news/report-we ... 3FCoZvsvD4


The pieces are starting to fit :joking:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7419
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by ViAggie » November 28th, 2018, 2:54 pm

USU78 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 2:46 pm
I'm voting bring back Lucifer Smith!
Is o'l Lucifer still alive? Maybe he can get Mick D and Dave Arslainian to be his assistant coaches?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4544
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 28th, 2018, 3:11 pm

ViAggie wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 2:52 pm
HEY check this out, one of GA's old assistant coaches is now available: http://footballscoop.com/news/report-we ... 3FCoZvsvD4


The pieces are starting to fit :joking:
This Mike Sanford was never an assistant coach for Gary.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4488
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 36 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 28th, 2018, 3:15 pm

swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:11 pm
ViAggie wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 2:52 pm
HEY check this out, one of GA's old assistant coaches is now available: http://footballscoop.com/news/report-we ... 3FCoZvsvD4


The pieces are starting to fit :joking:
This Mike Sanford was never an assistant coach for Gary.
He is the son of the Mike Sanford that was an assistant under Gary and former UNLV head coach.



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 216
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by BustaMcNutt » November 28th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Mike Sr was on staff and also fired.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 4874
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Aglicious » November 28th, 2018, 3:21 pm

I will say that Mike Sanford Jr. as an OC to replace Yost (should he leave) would not be so bad.



feeah
Posts: 189
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 11:15 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by feeah » November 28th, 2018, 3:22 pm

How much does Gary make per year at the U?



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3273
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by ratofallaggies » November 28th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Unless something EXTREMELY drastic where to happen to change peoples minds... Gary will not be the head coach here. But you're more than welcome to continue discussing :)



gomretat
Posts: 511
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by gomretat » November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm

I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan



User avatar
Full
Posts: 1580
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Full » November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:Unless something EXTREMELY drastic where to happen to change peoples minds... Gary will not be the head coach here. But you're more than welcome to continue discussing :)
Is defensive coordinator on the table. :devil:



taniataylor
Posts: 1394
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by taniataylor » November 28th, 2018, 3:31 pm

I mean didn't he approach Wells last year about some type of assistant job here??? I don't think him coming here would be too far fetched....


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4544
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm

gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.



User avatar
jackmormon
Posts: 10564
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by jackmormon » November 28th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Bobby! Bobby! Bobby!.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6465
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 454 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by aggies22 » November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm

swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.



BigBlue32
Posts: 147
Joined: December 16th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by BigBlue32 » November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7419
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by ViAggie » November 28th, 2018, 4:30 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.
More than him losing his mind and going all loonie tunes on his staff?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6465
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 454 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by aggies22 » November 28th, 2018, 4:38 pm

BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.



User avatar
tetonaggie
Posts: 694
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by tetonaggie » November 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm

aggies22 wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.
So, given the fact that there is more to the story and you know what that is, would you support him returning as coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


"I never Lose. I either Win or Learn." - Nelson Mandela

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6465
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 454 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by aggies22 » November 28th, 2018, 4:46 pm

tetonaggie wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm
aggies22 wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.
So, given the fact that there is more to the story and you know what that is, would you support him returning as coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.



brian5562
Posts: 1308
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 10 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by brian5562 » November 28th, 2018, 4:53 pm

No way. When you aren’t sure who sold his soul first him or Urban you steer clear



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1244
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Jjoey53 » November 28th, 2018, 5:00 pm

aggies22 wrote:
tetonaggie wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm
aggies22 wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.
So, given the fact that there is more to the story and you know what that is, would you support him returning as coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.
You probably have more credibility than anyone on this board, so if you say there is more, I buy it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5274
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 75 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by TheAKAggie » November 28th, 2018, 5:01 pm

aggies22 wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.
I’m not sold. You’re the one who said WELLS WAS FLYING TO LUBBOCK THIS MORNING.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6465
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 454 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by aggies22 » November 28th, 2018, 5:04 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 5:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.
I’m not sold. You’re the one who said WELLS WAS FLYING TO LUBBOCK THIS MORNING.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, I'm not sure if this is serious but no, I did not say that. I'm sure you're just messing with me.



QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 15203
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 28th, 2018, 5:05 pm

aggies22 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 5:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm
swishh_15 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I think there is a lot more to the story about what happened at Oregon State. I doubt GA is ever a head coach again and don't think I want him in Logan
There isn't. He was failing at his job, was completely stressed out, and felt horrible about not living up to expectations. He couldn't keep going as the status quo and had to do what he felt was the right thing.
I'm not sure if this post is serious or not. There is ABSOLUTELY more to the story of Gary's departure from Oregon State.

Do tell. genuinely interested
I'm not trying to be an a$$hole (believe me I'm not) but it's really not for me to say. The issue is a private matter and I'll leave it at that. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've built up enough credibility among my fellow board members that when I say there is more to the story, there is more to the story. I hope you all understand.
I’m not sold. You’re the one who said WELLS WAS FLYING TO LUBBOCK THIS MORNING.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, I'm not sure if this is serious but no, I did not say that. I'm sure you're just messing with me.
You said it was a done deal and he already had a horns down tat on his bicept that turns to guns up when he flexes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
aggiefan4ever44
Posts: 411
Joined: December 23rd, 2011, 9:25 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by aggiefan4ever44 » November 28th, 2018, 5:37 pm

What about Jay Hill from Weber State. I think he would be an amazing coach. Obviously Yost is great, but I don’t think he will be sticking around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5274
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 75 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by TheAKAggie » November 28th, 2018, 5:40 pm

aggiefan4ever44 wrote:What about Jay Hill from Weber State. I think he would be an amazing coach. Obviously Yost is great, but I don’t think he will be sticking around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hill’s on TTU’s shortlist too according to aaggies22


Hail Aggies!

BigSkyAG
Posts: 85
Joined: November 23rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by BigSkyAG » November 28th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Couple questions for 22.

You do realize:
He rebuilt a train wreck in only four seasons and left a group of players that went to the MWC chipper?

He knows Utah and the Poly community better than anyone except maybe Sitake?
and...
We may have a football Stew situation where Gary's been around and now knows he'd stay in Logan till he retires.

So given these factors and your still saying "no way" ....we must be talking about something fairly serious. Right?



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2202
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 10 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 28th, 2018, 5:49 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:Couple questions for 22.

You do realize:
He rebuilt a train wreck in only four seasons and left a group of players that went to the MWC chipper?

He knows Utah and the Poly community better than anyone except maybe Sitake?
and...
We may have a football Stew situation where Gary's been around and now knows he'd stay in Logan till he retires.

So given these factors and your still saying "no way" ....we must be talking about something fairly serious. Right?
Nobody is going to hire GA right now. Even if he wanted a gig he couldn’t get one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1244
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Jjoey53 » November 28th, 2018, 5:58 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
aggiefan4ever44 wrote:What about Jay Hill from Weber State. I think he would be an amazing coach. Obviously Yost is great, but I don’t think he will be sticking around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hill’s on TTU’s shortlist too according to aaggies22

Have to call you butter on this thread, as you are on a roll.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5274
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 75 times
Contact:

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by TheAKAggie » November 28th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
aggiefan4ever44 wrote:What about Jay Hill from Weber State. I think he would be an amazing coach. Obviously Yost is great, but I don’t think he will be sticking around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hill’s on TTU’s shortlist too according to aaggies22

Have to call you butter on this thread, as you are on a roll.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m a margarine man!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
Posts: 15058
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 208 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by NVAggie » November 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm

We’ve seen the pics around here. Definitely true.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 1835
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 32 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 28th, 2018, 8:07 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 5:41 pm
Couple questions for 22.

You do realize:
He rebuilt a train wreck in only four seasons and left a group of players that went to the MWC chipper?

He knows Utah and the Poly community better than anyone except maybe Sitake?
and...
We may have a football Stew situation where Gary's been around and now knows he'd stay in Logan till he retires.

So given these factors and your still saying "no way" ....we must be talking about something fairly serious. Right?
Gary bombed hard at Oregon State. The coach the Aggies hired in 2009 is not the same that you would be getting in 2018. There are better options if Wells leaves.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7035
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: is it too soon to start another GA coming back to USU thread?

Post by dyedblue » November 28th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Gary did not walk away from all that money at OSU because he felt terrible as a failure. Way more to that story than we know. I'll take '22 at face value on this one. I have heard rumors and overtures but nothing concrete. But that ship has sailed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Locked Previous topicNext topic