Don't allow Wells on the sideline for Bowl Game

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FeartheFro

Re: Don't allow Wells on the sideline for Bowl Game

Post by FeartheFro » December 1st, 2018, 8:56 pm

So tired of hearing how much Matt loved Utah state, followed by how could he pass on this opportunity due to the money. HE WAS MAKING OVER A MILLION A YEAR IN LOGAN UTAH!!!! He may have really liked Utah State but must love money more. I have zero issue with this. I just hate hearing how hard a decision it was and how you can’t pass up this money. The money argument makes much more sense for someone making $50,000 in a job they don’t like, going to another job they may not like that pays $150,000. I have passed on several opportunities to leave the state of Utah for significantly more money, but I love living in Utah, and passed. I felt the same way towards Gary when he left after proclaiming his love. This is not just a matt Wells rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » December 1st, 2018, 9:30 pm

Wow, this is sensitive subject! People getting personal. I love usu sports. But sadly, win or lose... Millions they pay coaches. None of it truly affects my life overall. Leave it up to players. Not emotional fans.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 1st, 2018, 10:15 pm

For a second l thought I ventured into the booger board. I'm afraid I'm right. SMH

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » December 1st, 2018, 10:31 pm

One thing that I think is missed here is that Wells was also a former player at USU and some former players come back to be on the sidelines in a game like this. Would we tell Bobby Wagner no? What about Brian Suite? Anthony Calvillo? It would be a little weird to say some former players could come and be on the sideline but others couldn't? Just food for thought that perhaps being a coach has less to do with it than being a former player.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 1st, 2018, 10:36 pm

Coloraggie wrote:One thing that I think is missed here is that Wells was also a former player at USU and some former players come back to be on the sidelines in a game like this. Would we tell Bobby Wagner no? What about Brian Suite? Anthony Calvillo? It would be a little weird to say some former players could come and be on the sideline but others couldn't? Just food for thought that perhaps being a coach has less to do with it than being a former player.
What the hell?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 2nd, 2018, 7:51 am

I have a small team of people that work for me. We have had a bunch of people leave the group and move onto bigger and better things. When that happens, I sincerely congratulate them and thank them for all of the work they did for us.

But once we have shaken hands and said goodbye we disable their IT account and remove access to any of our facilities.

Why? Not because we are vindictive or take it personally. Because they are no longer part of the team. They have different priories and motivations. They move on and so do we.

I assumed everyone operated this way?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 8:38 am

Empire of Dirt wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:51 am
I have a small team of people that work for me. We have had a bunch of people leave the group and move onto bigger and better things. When that happens, I sincerely congratulate them and thank them for all of the work they did for us.

But once we have shaken hands and said goodbye we disable their IT account and remove access to any of our facilities.

Why? Not because we are vindictive or take it personally. Because they are no longer part of the team. They have different priories and motivations. They move on and so do we.

I assumed everyone operated this way?

Same here. On both accounts. Email and login accounts are disabled, personal files and access transferred, badges turned off. I thought this was the way it worked for everyone.

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » December 2nd, 2018, 8:42 am

Agreed. That's why you grab the trade secrets before quitting, everyone knows this.

In all seriousness, don't allow him on the field. What good if any could possibly come from it?

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 2nd, 2018, 11:32 am

TrueBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 8:42 am
Agreed. That's why you grab the trade secrets before quitting, everyone knows this.

In all seriousness, don't allow him on the field. What good if any could possibly come from it?

Vindictive, spiteful, petty and pathetic is what you are. MW had an absolute right to accept a better job when the offer came.

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am

Smokin Joe wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:

Vindictive, spiteful, petty and pathetic is what you are. MW had an absolute right to accept a better job when the offer came.
Agreed? I never said he didn't.

He's also not our coach anymore. So why would he be on our sideline? Him or any of the coaches that have already been announced as leaving.

coolag
Has thanked: 0

Post by coolag » December 2nd, 2018, 11:53 am

Smokin Joe wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:32 am
TrueBlue wrote:

Of course he did. That doesn't mean he should be on the sideline with the team he just walked away from. Nothing good will come from this.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 2nd, 2018, 12:39 pm

Not vindictive at all. Thank you, your badge, your personal things, good luck at Tech, thanks again, and goodbye.

Stay out of the building, away from our players and recruits, and you're not welcome on the sideline.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

BeNo

Post by BeNo » December 2nd, 2018, 12:41 pm

Well. He won’t have to drive far. Albuquerque and Lubbock aren’t that far from each other.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm

Not sure if this had been discussed but did the players get a vote on if Wells can be on the sidelines?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 2nd, 2018, 12:49 pm

Good point. I like that idea lot.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » December 2nd, 2018, 1:55 pm

USUBlue wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 5:52 pm
lionhead wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 1:18 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 10:11 am
lionhead wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:46 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 3:58 pm
gomretat wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 3:27 pm
I don't think he should be on the sideline for the game. He did what was best for him and his family and it is time to move one. IMO the notion that Wells quit on us the last two games is complete rubbish. Did he do the same against Wyoming? It is a convenient way to make sense of the last two games but is simply retrospectively making sense of something that did not go well. It happens all the time in every sport.
You've articulated what I've been thinking pretty well here. Thank you.
Exactly! This is a 45 year old Man being given the opportunity of a lifetime and we think he's a turncoat? Wish him well and move on. Are we really a bunch of little kids who had their ball taken away? :headscratch: :headscratch:
Many 45-55 year old men find "opportunities of a lifetime" and they come in all different colors like blonde, brunette, or ginger. They make the choice they feel is best for them and leave their current family situation to start a new one. They are free to make that choice. It's just always awkward, and inappropriate for those men to show up to their previous family's big events right after making this life changing decision and act like everyone should be cool with it.

Since you brought up the kids aspect.
Ridiculous correlation. We can disagree, but I think this whole thing is childish and petty. I want to say to many, have you met Matt, do you know Matt personally, do you know what kind of Dad and family man he is, do you know how much he loves USU, do you know how difficult this decision was for him? You might want to talk to one of those people and gain some insight. Or not...
OR NOT is the right answer. I'm a Utah State fan; Wells is no longer Utah State. I don't want the camera focusing on him the whole game and talking about him going to Texas Tech. He should not be on the sidelines for the game; focus should be on the players and Utah State only.
I read the lionhead quote supporting Wells the person....not talking about being on the sidelines.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 2nd, 2018, 2:13 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:

Yes. That doesn’t mean coaches for other teams who may be recruiting against us now, need to be on our sideline.

I hope we crush em’ so Matt Wells knows we don’t need him.

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm

BeNo wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 2:16 pm
El Sapo wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 2:11 pm
GA participated in the Utah bowl game after accepting the USU HC job.
And we, Utah State, benefited from the publicity. And in this case TT will benefit. Are you a Red Raider?
Nice spin but the deal is already done. Wells is gone bowl or no bowl. Seems like he's being a stand up guy, no reason he should be treated with anything other than respect. Since you mention publicity, how will USU look if we make a public snub? What will the incoming coaching prospects think if we tar and feather a 10 win coach?

“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 3rd, 2018, 4:19 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm
BeNo wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 2:16 pm
El Sapo wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 2:11 pm
GA participated in the Utah bowl game after accepting the USU HC job.
And we, Utah State, benefited from the publicity. And in this case TT will benefit. Are you a Red Raider?
Nice spin but the deal is already done. Wells is gone bowl or no bowl. Seems like he's being a stand up guy, no reason he should be treated with anything other than respect. Since you mention publicity, how will USU look if we make a public snub? What will the incoming coaching prospects think if we tar and feather a 10 win coach?

What he said.^^^^

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

Matt moved on and we should too.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » December 3rd, 2018, 4:25 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 2:13 pm
Smokin Joe wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:

Yes. That doesn’t mean coaches for other teams who may be recruiting against us now, need to be on our sideline.

I hope we crush em’ so Matt Wells knows we don’t need him.
Yea, what's that quote from Gary he (Wells) used to bastardize "we can win with you, but we certainly can win without you". Let's make sure that applies to Wells

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » December 3rd, 2018, 4:46 pm

I support John Hartwell 80% of the time now and will trust that he made the right decision to let Mr Wells on the sideline for the Bowl Game. :stirpot:

Locked Previous topicNext topic