A lot of the staff is going with Wells

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bpd
Posts: 1076
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 134 times

A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by bpd » December 1st, 2018, 6:59 pm




User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4115
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by AndroidAggie » December 1st, 2018, 7:17 pm

that article is ambiguous

it lists everyone on offense but doesn't say they're *all* going. i'm pretty sure that jovon bouknight has said he's staying (per taniataylor)

/me shrugs

we'll see



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2965 times
Contact:

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by aggies22 » December 1st, 2018, 7:19 pm

Bouknight is going.



User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4115
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by AndroidAggie » December 1st, 2018, 7:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 7:19 pm
Bouknight is going.
(I can't express myself without swearing).



Aggie84025
Posts: 2001
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by Aggie84025 » December 1st, 2018, 7:31 pm

I was hoping to keep some of our assistants. Hopefully we can still keep Maile to bring some stability. Hopefully we can have a coach in place by next weekend.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3762
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by Elkaggie » December 1st, 2018, 7:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 7:19 pm
Bouknight is going.
Ouch. This one hurts almost as much as losing Yost imo.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 8684
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 1st, 2018, 9:18 pm

Don't worry, it was a tough decision for Matt Wells. He agonized over it. In the end, he took everything with him leaving pretty much no coaching infrastructure behind for the program. He really loves USU though, so, we have that going for us.



brian5562
Posts: 1430
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by brian5562 » December 1st, 2018, 9:25 pm

He obviously offered them jobs and those that are going have accepted.

If the job was going to someone in-house then we would see guys stick around. There is no certainty that the new coach would keep any of these guys on staff.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14545
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by brownjeans » December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm

Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by Jjoey53 » December 1st, 2018, 10:03 pm

If they have an offer, they got to take it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1012
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 580 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 1st, 2018, 10:08 pm

I especially get a position coach making a coaching move. You go from 80k/year to 200k/year, that's a big deal. That's life changing. Going from 1M/year to 3M/year just means you can get a lambo if you'd like. Probably not much marginal increase in happiness or quality of life.



taniataylor
Posts: 1766
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 730 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by taniataylor » December 1st, 2018, 11:59 pm

Bo told j he’s going now so Wells must have made quite an offer offer because he told me he was staying


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 2nd, 2018, 12:05 am

well crap, sure glad we're sitting around and letting Wells continue to poach coaches and I'm sure we'll hear about some players too. Come on Hartwell!



Blue Sage
Posts: 528
Joined: January 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by Blue Sage » December 2nd, 2018, 12:07 am

Running backs coach said he's going too but Thompson said he's staying.



IdAggie
Posts: 143
Joined: December 9th, 2011, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by IdAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 12:26 am

Farmer is going...great o-line coach that transformed our line in the 3 years he was here. Plus, a great guy!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



taniataylor
Posts: 1766
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 730 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by taniataylor » December 2nd, 2018, 12:37 am

Coach Bo told me he was staying....but the whole offensive staff is going with him...


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6693
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 310 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 2nd, 2018, 12:40 am

F.



TrueBlueAggie123
Posts: 196
Joined: October 14th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » December 2nd, 2018, 12:42 am

Anyone know about Chuckie? I know he’s only a Quarterbacks coach and a GA but I really feel he can develop into a really outstanding coach.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2782
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 549 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 12:45 am

I honestly don’t see what the big deal is. Most coaches will bring in a new staff anyway and retain maybe only a few guys. As for these coaches, good for them. They deserved a big pay raise for the work they’ve done and they’ve gotten it. Wells is just doing what’s best for him, which is what any of us would do in the same situation.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 2nd, 2018, 12:49 am

I think this means that Anderson is off the table. So now his guys are no longer interested in sticking around like they were at first.



User avatar
jackmormon
RIP
Posts: 10564
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by jackmormon » December 2nd, 2018, 8:52 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
What he said...



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2965 times
Contact:

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by aggies22 » December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
If you are an assistant that it currently hanging around and you have a part in holding on to what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class in USU history, the new coach, whoever he is will find a spot for you. Frank and Stacy Collins can keep this together.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 8684
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 2nd, 2018, 9:17 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:45 am
I honestly don’t see what the big deal is. Most coaches will bring in a new staff anyway and retain maybe only a few guys. As for these coaches, good for them. They deserved a big pay raise for the work they’ve done and they’ve gotten it. Wells is just doing what’s best for him, which is what any of us would do in the same situation.
Yes, we get that. Just don't want to hear another rant from a Wells apologist about how hard he agonized over the decision to leave his beloved alma mater.

He cares so much about kids he recruited from all over the nation that he's taking everything he can and leaving them in Logan with no familiarity left.

Don't worry mom. Send Billy to my school and I will coach him up and and make sure he's taken care of
Hang on...I'm getting a call with a Texas area code and need to take it.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by dyedblue » December 2nd, 2018, 9:46 am

#redraiderup 806



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14545
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by brownjeans » December 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
If you are an assistant that it currently hanging around and you have a part in holding on to what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class in USU history, the new coach, whoever he is will find a spot for you. Frank and Stacy Collins can keep this together.
Unless an assistant has a document from the AD guaranteeing a position on the new staff, that assistant is taking a risk. Wells is offering guarantees.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2965 times
Contact:

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by aggies22 » December 2nd, 2018, 10:15 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
If you are an assistant that it currently hanging around and you have a part in holding on to what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class in USU history, the new coach, whoever he is will find a spot for you. Frank and Stacy Collins can keep this together.
Unless an assistant has a document from the AD guaranteeing a position on the new staff, that assistant is taking a risk. Wells is offering guarantees.
Yes. It does sound like he is offering guarantees. To the offensive side of the ball and Julius Brown. I've not seen Frank, Stacy or Uani named anywhere. Hell, even Chuckie has been named as going albeit by footballscoop.com. At least we'll get Dave Kragthorpe off the books. All I know is, it's been really tight lipped.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14545
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by brownjeans » December 2nd, 2018, 10:21 am

I'm just saying, it's hard to fault anyone for taking a guarantee vs. sticking around and taking a chance at being unemployed.



Machismo
Posts: 3905
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 447 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by Machismo » December 2nd, 2018, 11:26 am

Maybe Gary will swoop in on Ole Welsy and take some of our old staff back. :devil: :devil:


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by TheAKAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am

My concern with GA is he took Klune and McGiven off our hands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by dyedblue » December 2nd, 2018, 12:42 pm

Will we get to see 42 bubble screens a game?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

taniataylor
Posts: 1766
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 730 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by taniataylor » December 5th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Image


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2353
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by newhouse9 » December 5th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Crap. I loved Bo.



hickaggie
Posts: 3063
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by hickaggie » December 5th, 2018, 1:50 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:15 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
If you are an assistant that it currently hanging around and you have a part in holding on to what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class in USU history, the new coach, whoever he is will find a spot for you. Frank and Stacy Collins can keep this together.
Unless an assistant has a document from the AD guaranteeing a position on the new staff, that assistant is taking a risk. Wells is offering guarantees.
Yes. It does sound like he is offering guarantees. To the offensive side of the ball and Julius Brown. I've not seen Frank, Stacy or Uani named anywhere. Hell, even Chuckie has been named as going albeit by footballscoop.com. At least we'll get Dave Kragthorpe off the books. All I know is, it's been really tight lipped.
You can't blame the assistants over going. They had no control over Wells decision and they have stand to be left without a job vs. a university that can pay 3 times as much. That is the main reason why I hate the delay in this circumstance with a new coach hire. To me its a lot different situation than firing a coach in a program that needs to be rebuilt. You need to get someone in who can make some decisions and offers to provide some continuity because next year is huge to this program in keeping momentum. But on the other hand they probably would all be gone anyway just do to the pay.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14545
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by brownjeans » December 5th, 2018, 2:25 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 1:50 pm
aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:15 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
If you are an assistant that it currently hanging around and you have a part in holding on to what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class in USU history, the new coach, whoever he is will find a spot for you. Frank and Stacy Collins can keep this together.
Unless an assistant has a document from the AD guaranteeing a position on the new staff, that assistant is taking a risk. Wells is offering guarantees.
Yes. It does sound like he is offering guarantees. To the offensive side of the ball and Julius Brown. I've not seen Frank, Stacy or Uani named anywhere. Hell, even Chuckie has been named as going albeit by footballscoop.com. At least we'll get Dave Kragthorpe off the books. All I know is, it's been really tight lipped.
You can't blame the assistants over going. They had no control over Wells decision and they have stand to be left without a job vs. a university that can pay 3 times as much. That is the main reason why I hate the delay in this circumstance with a new coach hire. To me its a lot different situation than firing a coach in a program that needs to be rebuilt. You need to get someone in who can make some decisions and offers to provide some continuity because next year is huge to this program in keeping momentum. But on the other hand they probably would all be gone anyway just do to the pay.
On of the reasons I like Hill as a possible replacement is that he'll bring most his staff with him.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1205
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: A lot of the staff is going with Wells

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 5th, 2018, 2:38 pm

brownjeans wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 1:50 pm
aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:15 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:42 pm
Right, new coach may or may not keep any of the existing staff. To turn down an offer to go with Wells is to risk not having a job.
If you are an assistant that it currently hanging around and you have a part in holding on to what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class in USU history, the new coach, whoever he is will find a spot for you. Frank and Stacy Collins can keep this together.
Unless an assistant has a document from the AD guaranteeing a position on the new staff, that assistant is taking a risk. Wells is offering guarantees.
Yes. It does sound like he is offering guarantees. To the offensive side of the ball and Julius Brown. I've not seen Frank, Stacy or Uani named anywhere. Hell, even Chuckie has been named as going albeit by footballscoop.com. At least we'll get Dave Kragthorpe off the books. All I know is, it's been really tight lipped.
You can't blame the assistants over going. They had no control over Wells decision and they have stand to be left without a job vs. a university that can pay 3 times as much. That is the main reason why I hate the delay in this circumstance with a new coach hire. To me its a lot different situation than firing a coach in a program that needs to be rebuilt. You need to get someone in who can make some decisions and offers to provide some continuity because next year is huge to this program in keeping momentum. But on the other hand they probably would all be gone anyway just do to the pay.
On of the reasons I like Hill as a possible replacement is that he'll bring most his staff with him.[/]

Would sure save on relocation expenses. May even be able to get the EQ to load/unload the trucks and the RS to drop off some casseroles.



Locked Previous topicNext topic