Hartwell blowing it

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TrueAG

Re: Hartwell blowing it

Post by TrueAG » December 2nd, 2018, 6:31 pm

SuperiorBlueDiver wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:21 pm
If the dirt on GA from Oregon State came to light and USU hired him and it was proven that we had knowledge of it. Let’s just say that would not be good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do share

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 6:39 pm

mrbiggle said on another thread gary wasn't coming
MrBiggle wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 5:06 pm
It won’t be Gary.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » December 2nd, 2018, 6:43 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:39 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
It won’t be Gary.
In the serious inquiries thread started by AK

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 2nd, 2018, 6:46 pm

brownjeans wrote:
2004AG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 5:39 pm
Careful. People around here don’t take criticism of Hartwell very well. He doesn’t make mistakes.
Likewise, people around here don’t take criticism of GA very well. He's the divine redeemer of Aggie football.
He did raise Aggie football from the dead. That part isn’t debatable.

Oregon State is fair game.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 6:46 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:43 pm
AndroidAggie wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
It won’t be Gary.
right you are

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47832

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 2nd, 2018, 6:47 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
It won’t be Gary.
I forgot that AK is 95% sarcastic.

Where only sage brush grows

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 6:49 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:47 pm
so was your post sarcastic in AK's thread?

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 6:55 pm

Here is a solution, in looking at the U’s football directory, this should be Gary’s email address: gandersen@huntsman.utah.edu.

Email him and ask him to jump through the hoops to get the interview.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » December 2nd, 2018, 7:02 pm

This is not true... stop spreading garbage

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 2nd, 2018, 7:03 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:49 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:47 pm
so was your post sarcastic in AK's thread?
No.
From what I was told, Gary is still taking care of some things and is not ready for a HC position. That’s not to say that he doesn’t want the job, just that he isn’t ready yet. To me that speaks a lot about a person, you gotta own up.
Last edited by MrBiggle on December 2nd, 2018, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 2nd, 2018, 7:06 pm

TrueAG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:31 pm
SuperiorBlueDiver wrote:
If the dirt on GA from Oregon State came to light and USU hired him and it was proven that we had knowledge of it. Let’s just say that would not be good for us.

Do share
Wow this whole deal is out of control with so called high level sources. Between the Gary is a done deal, Gary has no shot, Gary won't play by Hartwell's rules, Gary is toxic but I can't tell you why...but if you only knew you would agree.

I don't know anything except he turned this program around once and whatever happened at OSU didn't stop the Utes from putting him under contract the first chance he got. I don't doubt for one second Hartwell will make a smart hire. Even that is a crapshoot in College football and since Hartwelll is gambling anyway I hope he''d personally vet and give Andersen the first shot to convince him. Maybe he has. But I suspect, not off insider info but just common sense, that's not where Hartwell believes his long term self interest lies.

The BB hire tells me Hartwell will more than likely get a very good coach. Just not sure that what he will bring for 2-3 years that Gary probably couldn't do without the possible longer term benefit. I hope too in this big search with a fancy vetting firm that Hartwell won't go too far to the ends of this earth. This isn't basketball and sustained success of any football school in Utah depends on the ability to understand and recruit polys and utilize the advantages of missionaries.

If you doubt that, ask yourself if Utah would be in the PAC12, BYU would have had their run, or USU could have turned it around.without the poly community in Utah? Utah schools have out sized success in college football because of these unique features and its not realistic to believe that USU could maintain the depth and talent in the trenches they need without a coach that is committed and able to take advantage. Just my opinion. Keeping Maile is nothing like the Spencer Nelson example for instance.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 2nd, 2018, 7:09 pm

What's GA's job at Utah?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 2nd, 2018, 7:09 pm

SuperiorBlueDiver wrote:

Just stop. There's no dirt. Yes, he turned to the bottle when things got rough because he had a mental breakdown and couldn't handle the stress of everything. Outside of the that he just left on his own accord.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 7:10 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
It won’t be Gary.
Try again. Like I visited former Aggie hoopster Mike Ahmad at his place of business!

Hail Aggies!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 2nd, 2018, 7:10 pm

TrueAG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:09 pm
What's GA's job at Utah?
Associate Head Coach and D-line.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 2nd, 2018, 7:10 pm

D-line I think.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 2nd, 2018, 7:11 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:10 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
It won’t be Gary.
Try again. Like I visited former Aggie hoopster Mike Ahmad at his place of business!

Oh okay... 99% ;)

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 2nd, 2018, 7:21 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:06 pm
TrueAG wrote:
SuperiorBlueDiver wrote:

Do share
Wow this whole deal is out of control with so called high level sources. Between the Gary is a done deal, Gary has no shot, Gary won't play by Hartwell's rules, Gary is toxic but I can't tell you why...but if you only knew you would agree.

I don't know anything except he turned this program around once and whatever happened at OSU didn't stop the Utes from putting him under contract the first chance he got. I don't doubt for one second Hartwell will make a smart hire. Even that is a crapshoot in College football and since Hartwelll is gambling anyway I hope he''d personally vet and give Andersen the first shot to convince him. Maybe he has. But I suspect, not off insider info but just common sense, that's not where Hartwell believes his long term self interest lies.

The BB hire tells me Hartwell will more than likely get a very good coach. Just not sure that what he will bring for 2-3 years that Gary probably couldn't do without the possible longer term benefit. I hope too in this big search with a fancy vetting firm that Hartwell won't go too far to the ends of this earth. This isn't basketball and sustained success of any football school in Utah depends on the ability to understand and recruit polys and utilize the advantages of missionaries.

If you doubt that, ask yourself if Utah would be in the PAC12, BYU would have had their run, or USU could have turned it around.without the poly community in Utah? Utah schools have out sized success in college football because of these unique features and its not realistic to believe that USU could maintain the depth and talent in the trenches they need without a coach that is committed and able to take advantage. Just my opinion. Keeping Maile is nothing like the Spencer Nelson example for instance.
Or you could say because of what happened at OSU, Gary's only option was from a friend as a position coach which isn't a good look.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 2nd, 2018, 7:26 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:46 pm
brownjeans wrote:
2004AG wrote:
Careful. People around here don’t take criticism of Hartwell very well. He doesn’t make mistakes.
Likewise, people around here don’t take criticism of GA very well. He's the divine redeemer of Aggie football.
He did raise Aggie football from the dead. That part isn’t debatable.

Oregon State is fair game
Oh I know. Everything in my post is true.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » December 2nd, 2018, 7:34 pm

WasatchAggie wrote:Here is a solution, in looking at the U’s football directory, this should be Gary’s email address: gandersen@huntsman.utah.edu.

Email him and ask him to jump through the hoops to get the interview.
My teenage son sent him an email at that address the day Wells left.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 2nd, 2018, 7:38 pm

TrueAG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:21 pm
hickaggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:06 pm
TrueAG wrote:
SuperiorBlueDiver wrote:

Do share

Or you could say because of what happened at OSU, Gary's only option was from a friend as a position coach which isn't a good look.
True. Whatever happened at OSU wasn't pretty at all. But the supposition that keeps coming up was that Andersen's offense or offenses were so appalling that no one would hire him if they knew. Stuff like that doesn't not get leaked at the level of the highest paid employees in the state, not to mention the universal celebrity of a guy who coached at two P5 schools.

I'm sure it was really bad. Just saying if it was bad to the point claimed it would have been seriously criminal or NCAA violation bad, it would have come out, and Utah wouldn't have hired him.

Whether what happened makes it impossible for him to effectively run a team or too much of a risk? Maybe? But once again I'm skeptical anytime I get told "if only you knew/trust me." Especially knowing if it was that bad it would have been leaked.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 2nd, 2018, 7:41 pm

TrueAG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 7:21 pm

Not really K-whitt wouldn't have hired Gary if he thoughts there were some issues. He especially wouldn't have hired him as Associate Head Coach and paid for him $400k/year.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 7:57 pm

Can we trust a source that can't spell Andersen correctly?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 2nd, 2018, 8:01 pm

So was it ten dead hookers in Corvallis or just five?

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 2nd, 2018, 8:13 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 8:01 pm
Gary doesn't like hookers, he loves them. No way this is true. Seriously though, all this character assassination of Gary needs to stop.

Go after his teams at USU, OSU or Wisconsin, his poor late-game management, or his hatred of having good kickers, but don't come on here and defame him personally alluding to all sorts of "shady stuff" that went on at OSU.
Last edited by Madmartigan on December 2nd, 2018, 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 8:15 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Gary doesn't like hookers, he loves them. No way this is true. Seriously though, all this character assassination of Gary needs to stop. Go after his teams at OSU or Wisconsin, his poor late-game management, or his hatred of having good kickers, but don't come on here and defame him personally alluding to all sorts of "shady stuff" that went on at OSU.
ImageImage Are you so into your Aggie bubble you can’t think of the poor women Gary obviously murdered?!!

Hail Aggies!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 2nd, 2018, 8:23 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 8:13 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
Gary doesn't like hookers, he loves them. No way this is true. Seriously though, all this character assassination of Gary needs to stop.

Go after his teams at USU, OSU or Wisconsin, his poor late-game management, or his hatred of having good kickers, but don't come on here and defame him personally alluding to all sorts of "shady stuff" that went on at OSU.
Man, how did I forget his hated for decent kickers... I must have repressed the trauma.

aggiefan4ever44
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggiefan4ever44 » December 2nd, 2018, 8:32 pm

I have read this thread and it is just like booger board. I am not sure why we have to attack each other. We are all Aggies and that should unite us. Even if we disagree we can say so without being rude or attacking.

People who keep bringing up GA’s mistakes need to stop or just come out and say what they are, but I am sure most of them are rumors heard second or third hand and are probably as credible as what we are hearing on this board about the hiring process.

I highly doubt Witt or Utah would have brought GA back if there were concerns bad enough to hurt the school. Friend or no friend, they would not let him damage their program and pay him half a million of what he did was that bad or if he still had the problems.

Can’t we all just get along?

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 9:03 pm

aggiefan4ever44 wrote:I have read this thread and it is just like booger board. I am not sure why we have to attack each other. We are all Aggies and that should unite us. Even if we disagree we can say so without being rude or attacking.

People who keep bringing up GA’s mistakes need to stop or just come out and say what they are, but I am sure most of them are rumors heard second or third hand and are probably as credible as what we are hearing on this board about the hiring process.

I highly doubt Witt or Utah would have brought GA back if there were concerns bad enough to hurt the school. Friend or no friend, they would not let him damage their program and pay him half a million of what he did was that bad or if he still had the problems.

Can’t we all just get along?

Hail Aggies!

Detroit-Aggie

Post by Detroit-Aggie » December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 pm

I heard from my source, The Mole People, (super reliable, by the way), that Gary won't interview unless Hartwell buys him dinner at Cafe Sabor, but the firm says Cafe Sabor is too far from the university and they will only buy him a bagel and the Quadside. The Mole People are working with top men to see if all parties can agree to PB&J with margaritas in the Smith's parking lot.

(Sorry, but this is what 90% of this thread sounded like to me)

I do have to say on the hypothetical that OP story is true, Andersen sounds ridiculous. If he wants the job, he needs to take the steps for the job and he'll get plenty of face to face time. If that's too much and he's too big time to apply for his old job like everyone else, clearly the last 6 years have changed a few things for the worse.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 2nd, 2018, 9:31 pm

Detroit-Aggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:09 pm
I heard from my source, The Mole People, (super reliable, by the way), that Gary won't interview unless Hartwell buys him dinner at Cafe Sabor, but the firm says Cafe Sabor is too far from the university and they will only buy him a bagel and the Quadside. The Mole People are working with top men to see if all parties can agree to PB&J with margaritas in the Smith's parking lot.

I do have to say on the hypothetical that OP story is true, Andersen sounds ridiculous. If he wants the job, he needs to take the steps for the job and he'll get plenty of face to face time. If that's too much and he's too big time to apply for his old job like everyone else, clearly the last 6 years have changed a few things for the worse.
Can you tell us if The Mole People are part of the athletic department or just big donors? ‘Cause that’ll make a difference.

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » December 2nd, 2018, 9:57 pm

2004AG wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:From inside source:
Gary Anderson said, if you want to hire me, come talk to me. I won’t go through the firm.

Hartwell says he wanted him to go through the process. There’s a hiring firm

After that Gary literally said “F@$# You guys”

WHAT IS HARTWELL DOING?!?!

Believe me I know from experience.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 2nd, 2018, 10:19 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 9:31 pm
Detroit-Aggie wrote:

Can you tell us if The Mole People are part of the athletic department or just big donors? ‘Cause that’ll make a difference.
AD

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 2nd, 2018, 10:35 pm

utahcountyaggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:26 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:19 pm
utahcountyaggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:16 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 6:12 pm
Not sure on your source, but this is not even close to what I am hearing... try again.
Biggle, maybe you try again? I’m not sure on YOUR source.
You don’t have to be, I just know that my source is likely much closer to the truth. Sorry if that offends you.
I just mean....you have no idea who my source is.
I have no idea who your source is.
There is literally no way possible to know whether your source or my source is more right if we both also do not know who the other source IS.
Wouldn’t it be hysterical if your sources were the same person? And that person is screwing with both of you.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » December 2nd, 2018, 10:39 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
Detroit-Aggie wrote:

I haven’t had Cafe Sabor in years. I live in Davis county and work in downtown SLC. Everyone down here knows if you want good Mole, Red Iguana is the place. Their Mole been on at least one Food network show.

Seriously folks, This is getting crazy. Trust the process. There are people way above our pay grades, whose job is to make these decisions. If it is Gary, great welcome home!! I don’t like ya, I love ya!!!

From what we have seen so far from Hartwell men’s basketball pick, I trust him. It is horrible as a fan to watch this and wonder what will happen to our program.

I personally feel that the next coach 100% has to have spent time in Utah as a coach and follow the blueprint that Gary left or he will fail. He has to understand the mission thing and we have to keep the poly pipeline going. I would love to see at least a couple of coaches from the current staff stay on, but if Hartwell doesn’t move quickly, then everyone will be gone.

I think we would be successful with any of the following:
Lance Anderson
Gary Andersen
Jay Hill
Frank Maile

I really don’t think anyone would jump ship for Zoobieville in their current situation. So until they get their football team into a conference we shouldn’t lose sleep worrying about a coach leaving for Provostian.

But if Hartwell and Guy whatshisname try to get cute and go outside of the blueprint we are screwed.

Locked Previous topicNext topic