Gary First Press Conference

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bluegrouse

Re: Gary First Press Conference

Post by bluegrouse » December 11th, 2018, 1:54 pm

FYI

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 11th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I’m not sure who aged faster, him or Obama.

aggieblue11

Post by aggieblue11 » December 11th, 2018, 3:19 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:28 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:22 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:15 pm
ChiCityAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 11:36 am
Just said he has no plans to go anywhere. He plans to stay and build a winner here. Logan is where he wanted to retire and wants to retire. Wants to get Utah State to the point where we are consistent winners and get double digit wins year after year.
I didn't get the same thing. He said he'd be in that house for a long time. He also said that he kept the house because that is where they want to retire. Didn't say he was retiring at USU, at least not that I heard.
Same here. Seemed to not want to pin himself down to staying forever (who could blame him, though?)

Was overall kind of a "meh" presser (though most pressers are). Would have liked more info, but good info never seems to come out of these things.
Honestly, I got the impression he didn’t really want to be there.
Seriously??? Maybe I was at a different presser. He seemed pleased to be back to me.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 11th, 2018, 3:34 pm

My favorite part of the press conference:

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » December 11th, 2018, 7:25 pm

I loved how he mentioned the Hawaii game. It was obviously a very special moment for him as well as to the rest of us. Part of the reason I am excited for GA is that he understands who we are and can relate. He knows our history and what it has taken to get us where we are.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 11th, 2018, 7:32 pm

aggieblue11 wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 3:19 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:28 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:22 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:15 pm
ChiCityAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 11:36 am
Just said he has no plans to go anywhere. He plans to stay and build a winner here. Logan is where he wanted to retire and wants to retire. Wants to get Utah State to the point where we are consistent winners and get double digit wins year after year.
I didn't get the same thing. He said he'd be in that house for a long time. He also said that he kept the house because that is where they want to retire. Didn't say he was retiring at USU, at least not that I heard.
Same here. Seemed to not want to pin himself down to staying forever (who could blame him, though?)

Was overall kind of a "meh" presser (though most pressers are). Would have liked more info, but good info never seems to come out of these things.
Honestly, I got the impression he didn’t really want to be there.
Seriously??? Maybe I was at a different presser. He seemed pleased to be back to me.
I didn’t mean he didn’t seem pleased to be back at Utah State. More that he didn’t really want to be at the press conference. That’s all I meant.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 11th, 2018, 8:16 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 7:25 pm
I loved how he mentioned the Hawaii game. It was obviously a very special moment for him as well as to the rest of us. Part of the reason I am excited for GA is that he understands who we are and can relate. He knows our history and what it has taken to get us where we are.
Loved the Hawaii comeback mention as well.

I would suggest though that everyone check out his interview with Scotty and Hans. Much more entertaining and informative.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... F543598125

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » December 11th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Made me really happy to see that man at the mic talking Utah State football again. Hard to imagine players not loving him just the way he talks about them and cares about them. I think Aggie football is in great hands for many years to come.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 11th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Yeah, he has changed a lot from the guy we saw the first time around when he couldn't wait to get his hands on the program. Today he seemed much more low-key (which might be good for his own health) and focused more on life outside of football than he was 10 years ago. I assume this is due to his stage in life now as compared to before. This time there were no declarations or promises about how no one will out work him or his staff. Today's comments made it seem more like a comfortable and rewarding job for him where he and his wife could settle in for the long haul.

I don't think this means he's any less dedicated to the job, maybe just more mature as he put it. Also, maybe our expectations for coaches and their excitement level has been skewed a bit by a certain coach Smith...haha.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 11th, 2018, 10:03 pm

I thought the press conference was fine.

Locked Previous topicNext topic