has Yost signed his TT contract yet???

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

has Yost signed his TT contract yet???

Post by ViAggie » December 13th, 2018, 5:42 pm

This deserves a new thread. Yost is said to be making $600K at Texas Tech. Has he laid eyes on Lubbock yet? He know's where he's going right? It's not Dallas or Houston, we're talking BFE northwestern Texas. Couldn't we scrounge up a $600K to keep him here??? Seriously...

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

blueaggie

Re: has Yost signed his TT contract yet???

Post by blueaggie » December 13th, 2018, 7:14 pm

I agree. Gary should press hard to get him.
Maybe a big Donor can come up with some of the money. Just think of the possibilities with Yost and Jordan love for two more years.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » December 13th, 2018, 7:21 pm

blueaggie wrote:I agree. Gary should press hard to get him.
Maybe a big Donor can come up with some of the money. Just think of the possibilities with Yost and Jordan love for two more years.
If I were Gary I’d seriously consider making up some of the difference with my own salary. A couple more years with Yost and Love and you know you’re going to make a lot of it back in a new contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneed

Post by sneed » December 13th, 2018, 7:22 pm

That would be a big jump from his pay last year. We are saving a couple hundred k with Gary though (from what we would have paid Wells next year). Seems unlikely but would be awesome.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » December 13th, 2018, 7:34 pm

We have 800K from the Wells buyout don’t we? Wouldn’t that be enough to supplement Yosts income for the next 2 years?

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » December 13th, 2018, 7:35 pm

tetonaggie wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 7:21 pm
If I were Gary I’d seriously consider making up some of the difference with my own salary. A couple more years with Yost and Love and you know you’re going to make a lot of it back in a new contract.

Is it possible Yost would take 450-500k? Or is 600k just to much?

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » December 13th, 2018, 8:21 pm

USUstudent13 wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 7:35 pm
tetonaggie wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Is it possible Yost would take 450-500k? Or is 600k just to much?
Hang on. Let me check...

He says not a penny less than 550.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 13th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Yost is gone. Not coming back.
Shame though.
We are better off getting a very good up and coming WR coach from the same system (think WSU, TT, OSU, etc....) to just take Yost's playbook and run.

bullshot

Post by bullshot » December 14th, 2018, 8:04 am

Maybe Logan is a better fit?
Does anyone know the answers to the following ?’s
1. How does Mrs. Yost like Logan? And his kids?
2. Does he prefer a mountain/college town to a prairie/college town?
3. Summers in West Texas can be dreadful (can’t imagine the winters are much better)
4. Religion? Might a predominantly LDS environment be preferable to a predominantly evangelical Christian one?
5. Culture? Theatre vs. NASCAR?
Anyone have any insights on these topics? These are topics that would drive my decision more than $. Don’t get me wrong $ is important, but not necessarily the main concern.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » December 14th, 2018, 8:10 am

bullshot wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 8:04 am
3. Summers in West Texas can be dreadful (can’t imagine the winters are much better)
4. Religion? Might a predominantly LDS environment be preferable to a predominantly evangelical Christian one?
Anyone have any insights on these topics? These are topics that would drive my decision more than $. Don’t get me wrong $ is important, but not necessarily the main concern.
hair stylists vs barbers?
Cowboy hats vs visors?

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » December 14th, 2018, 9:08 am

Yost has been down to Lubbuck. He and Patterson had an introductory press conference down there soon after they were hired.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 14th, 2018, 9:13 am

bullshot wrote:
It comes down to personal preference. Logan winters can be extremely brutal, a predominantly LDS environment is probably about the same as an evangelical Christian enviornment, and I doubt neither Logan or Lubbock are bastions of culture.

Both are isolated areas. I would move to Lubbock if I was offered three times my current salary.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » December 14th, 2018, 9:40 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 9:13 am
bullshot wrote:
It comes down to personal preference. Logan winters can be extremely brutal, a predominantly LDS environment is probably about the same as an evangelical Christian enviornment, and I doubt neither Logan or Lubbock are bastions of culture.

Both are isolated areas. I would move to Lubbock if I was offered three times my current salary.
Actually Lubbock is larger than Salt Lake City, so probably shouldn't be viewed as a wasteland of culture. I would guess there are a lot more dining and drinking options than in Logan! The reason I wouldn't want to live there is it is in Texas, it is flat.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 14th, 2018, 9:41 am

HomeTown wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 9:08 am
Yost has been down to Lubbuck. He and Patterson had an introductory press conference down there soon after they were hired.
oooo you're new......HI THERE!

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 14th, 2018, 9:44 am

tinplater wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 9:40 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
bullshot wrote:

Actually Lubbock is larger than Salt Lake City, so probably shouldn't be viewed as a wasteland of culture. I would guess there are a lot more dining and drinking options than in Logan!
Larger than SLC, but not larger than the SL-MSA

Snowboarding vs Bull ridding??

Would I move from Logan to Lubbock for four times my current salary? Okay, fair enough, sure. BUT my question is could we at least come close? Maybe half a mill and he says? I'd take that to stay. TT is going to be a tough road to hoe, you could stay at USU and win a bunch of games, never win the conference an still keep your job and get a raise. Just getting a BG at TT wont cut it!!!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Murkymerk

Post by Murkymerk » December 14th, 2018, 9:58 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
bullshot wrote:

That may be true if you don’t belong to either group. As a Mormon who has spent some time in the south, I felt like I constantly had to defend my beliefs and I often felt like others thought I was super weird. I know some evangelicals who live in Utah and have had very similar experiences.
Politically you are correct though.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » December 14th, 2018, 10:05 am

[/quote]

Actually Lubbock is larger than Salt Lake City, so probably shouldn't be viewed as a wasteland of culture. I would guess there are a lot more dining and drinking options than in Logan!
[/quote]

Larger than SLC, but not larger than the SL-MSA

Snowboarding vs Bull ridding??

Would I move from Logan to Lubbock for four times my current salary? Okay, fair enough, sure. BUT my question is could we at least come close? Maybe half a mill and he says? I'd take that to stay. TT is going to be a tough road to hoe, you could stay at USU and win a bunch of games, never win the conference an still keep your job and get a raise. Just getting a BG at TT wont cut it!!!
[/quote]

Anyway you cut it, Lubbock is a lot larger than Logan and its metropolitan area. Folks have a way of looking at the worst aspects of a location and ignore the best if an unwanted move is taking place. I'm sure there are lots of folks in Lubbock who feel Wells is escaping from a provincial hell.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 14th, 2018, 10:13 am

Don't know his contract status, but https://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2 ... h=football

Locked Previous topicNext topic