Boise Orange

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggieup2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Boise Orange

Post by Aggieup2 » December 26th, 2018, 4:50 pm

bsu looked good in orange for their short bowl game.

Wish the MWC had guts enough to make the
bs school wear the color on the putrid blue.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Boise Orange

Post by ProvoAggie » December 26th, 2018, 4:55 pm

The Mountain West had the guts to make that rule but had to give in and remove it to get Boise back from the Big East. I personally think it's stupid that anyone would choose to wear all blue on the field. It doesn't give you any competitive advantage and it only pisses off people watching on TV. That being said, I didn't see many comments about BYU wearing all blue in their bowl game in Boise.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » December 26th, 2018, 4:58 pm

I agree, it doesn’t give anyone an advantage, and also wonder why BYU wore all blue, when they slammed Boise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » December 26th, 2018, 5:05 pm

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 26th, 2018, 5:08 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:The Mountain West had the guts to make that rule but had to give in and remove it to get Boise back from the Big East. I personally think it's stupid that anyone would choose to wear all blue on the field. It doesn't give you any competitive advantage and it only pisses off people watching on TV. That being said, I didn't see many comments about BYU wearing all blue in their bowl game in Boise.

It kinda does though. I talked to an ex BYU player the other day and he was saying it can be hard to read the defense and account for everybody on the field in a short period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 26th, 2018, 5:15 pm

2004AG wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:The Mountain West had the guts to make that rule but had to give in and remove it to get Boise back from the Big East. I personally think it's stupid that anyone would choose to wear all blue on the field. It doesn't give you any competitive advantage and it only pisses off people watching on TV. That being said, I didn't see many comments about BYU wearing all blue in their bowl game in Boise.

It kinda does though. I talked to an ex BYU player the other day and he was saying it can be hard to read the defense and account for everybody on the field in a short period of time.

I've seen comments from players that have said the opposite. If it made players difficult to see then it would also make things difficult on Boise's quarterbacks. Also, no one complains when teams wear green on a green field.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » December 26th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 26th, 2018, 6:37 pm

All blue seemed to me to give a competitive advantage a few years back when we played in Boise for the right to go to the mwccg. The tv was faked out a ton. Players seemed to be faked out just enough to let Ajayi break through- granted Ajayi is a beast and Boise was probably just better.

Either way it’s ugly.

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 26th, 2018, 6:42 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

I've seen comments from players that have said the opposite. If it made players difficult to see then it would also make things difficult on Boise's quarterbacks. Also, no one complains when teams wear green on a green field.

Well Boise obviously thinks it gives them an advantage or they wouldn’t have demanded it from the MW.

I’m not aware of teams that wear 100% green. Green helmets, green jerseys and green pants. Who does ?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 26th, 2018, 6:51 pm

2004AG wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

I’m not aware of teams that wear 100% green. Green helmets, green jerseys and green pants. Who does ?

ImageImageImageImage

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 26th, 2018, 6:53 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 6:42 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Well Boise obviously thinks it gives them an advantage or they wouldn’t have demanded it from the MW.

CSU bordered on that when we played the’. But Boise plays with almost pure blue helmets with logos that are difficult to make out. The field doesn’t alternate shades of blue and the uniforms are often a fairly close match.

Most schools that wear green use darker green and have a field that is either lighter green or alternates shades.

"Gary Come Home”

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 26th, 2018, 6:55 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 6:51 pm
2004AG wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

ImageImageImageImage

None of these teams are wearing green shoes. Most if not all of these teams are not wearing a very close shade of green to the field. The numbers aren’t meant to blend in either as Boise does with the light grey numbers.

"Gary Come Home”

Aggieup2

Post by Aggieup2 » December 26th, 2018, 6:57 pm

First trip into the MWC boise agreed to ":contrasting uniforms " on the blue. Need to go back to that rule..
Nonsense that blue on blue doesn't affect the play..
Not fun to watch on TV.

Aggieup2

Post by Aggieup2 » December 26th, 2018, 8:43 pm

Actually boise's attire looked more like a costume than a uniform..

Reminds me of Oregon duds.

Agg-Man

Post by Agg-Man » December 26th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Orange uniforms were fantastic, especially the helmets. Very tired of listening to the "blue on blue" banter. Extremely dated and irrelevant. If a team cant plan for this then maybe they should reconsider playing Boise at home (non-conference). Conference opponents have had plenty of prep time. Let it go.

Aggieup2

Post by Aggieup2 » December 26th, 2018, 9:38 pm

You're welcome to your minority opinion.
Last edited by Aggieup2 on December 27th, 2018, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » December 26th, 2018, 9:42 pm

If Boise was not winning a lot, this would not be an issue, Visiting teams need to quit whining and crying, get better players and coaches, and win a few games there. SDSU has done rather well there last few times.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 26th, 2018, 10:16 pm

If I were Wyoming, I'd make sure my brown uniform was the exact same color as the brown of the ball.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 26th, 2018, 11:48 pm

If it isn't an advantage then why did they immediately go to all orange at the first chance they got to be the home team in their bowl game?

I don't care if they wear blue, but they should have some contrast somewhere in there such as an orange helmet or orange pants.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 27th, 2018, 12:28 am

The bigger beef I have is why our road game rotation with Boise always has us playing them the last game of the season but they always come to Logan earlier like in October.

aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 27th, 2018, 6:18 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 10:16 pm
If I were Wyoming, I'd make sure my brown uniform was the exact same color as the brown of the ball.
If I remember correctly, once upon a time in the early days of the NFL an owner had a football-shaped and football colored patch sewn onto the lower torso area of his players in an attempt to fool the opposition. Needless to say, it was outlawed shortly thereafter.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 27th, 2018, 7:16 am

No one is saying that Boise isn’t a really good football team. No one is saying that if they wore orange on the smurf they’d be .500.

But it is a competitive advantage. It is an eyesore. It cheapens the game. The only other FBS school that has a colored school I know of is Eastern Michigan and they actually wear green.

It’s a slight competitive advantage, but in football that slight advantage can make a big difference.

"Gary Come Home”

CanuckAggie

Post by CanuckAggie » December 27th, 2018, 11:22 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 7:16 am
No one is saying that Boise isn’t a really good football team. No one is saying that if they wore orange on the smurf they’d be .500.

But it is a competitive advantage. It is an eyesore. It cheapens the game. The only other FBS school that has a colored school I know of is Eastern Michigan and they actually wear green.

It’s a slight competitive advantage, but in football that slight advantage can make a big difference.
Sums up my thoughts as well :golfclap:

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 27th, 2018, 11:33 am

There's these guys, too, Boazy's Mini Me's from Cheney:

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » December 27th, 2018, 1:26 pm

I don't really care that much about the blue on blue thing. The blue field is just hideous. I suppose it's the school's right to have it, but their fans are the only ones that want it. Everyone else just hates looking at it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic