Tania - Should We Fight?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 2:41 am

A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.



jpswensen
Posts: 1420
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 146 times
Contact:

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by jpswensen » January 7th, 2019, 2:59 am

USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:41 am
Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
You couldn't enforce this even if you wanted to. First, I think it is probably a free speech issue unless you had it written into a contract. I think the problem with that would be that they aren't employees and thus you probably couldn't even include that in a scholarship offer letter.

I personally like having the family members around. They give insights and points of view that can't be obtained from those of us far removed from the program. When I had my first job at Ball Aerospace out of college, my project manager would often talk about how she maintained a mental "optimism factor" for each employee. Some people would tell her a job would take 3 months, but had a 0.5 optimism factor, meaning it would really take 1.5 months. Some people would tell here a job would take 5 days, but had a 8.0 optimism factor. The reason I tell this story is because it is the same with family members on a message board. Each one has an "I love Johnny" factor, which most rational fans can quickly determine how level-headed that family member is about their athlete. I think that most rational fans would rate Tania as a 1.0. I think she understands and acknowledges her son's strengths and weaknesses, and evaluated her son fairly in her commentary.

To a certain extent, I think it is kindof bush league to call her out asking for commentary and then leave off with a clear intention of going to the A.D. to try to silence her and others.


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 3:15 am

jpswensen wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:59 am
USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:41 am
Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
You couldn't enforce this even if you wanted to. First, I think it is probably a free speech issue unless you had it written into a contract. I think the problem with that would be that they aren't employees and thus you probably couldn't even include that in a scholarship offer letter.

I personally like having the family members around. They give insights and points of view that can't be obtained from those of us far removed from the program. When I had my first job at Ball Aerospace out of college, my project manager would often talk about how she maintained a mental "optimism factor" for each employee. Some people would tell her a job would take 3 months, but had a 0.5 optimism factor, meaning it would really take 1.5 months. Some people would tell here a job would take 5 days, but had a 8.0 optimism factor. The reason I tell this story is because it is the same with family members on a message board. Each one has an "I love Johnny" factor, which most rational fans can quickly determine how level-headed that family member is about their athlete. I think that most rational fans would rate Tania as a 1.0. I think she understands and acknowledges her son's strengths and weaknesses, and evaluated her son fairly in her commentary.

To a certain extent, I think it is kindof bush league to call her out asking for commentary and then leave off with a clear intention of going to the A.D. to try to silence her and others.
No one is calling Tania out. I actually think she’s very levelheaded and has tremendous insights. I’m actually interested in her opinion on the subject. My free speech is not going to be limited either and that’s part of the point I’m making. And yes this policy could be enforced by the athletic department as part of the team rules of each team. Just like they limit players interviews or tweeting.



bluegrouse
Posts: 2878
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 267 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by bluegrouse » January 7th, 2019, 4:46 am

Tell us again who is the thin-skinned one.

Maybe it’s the one who is going to run to the AD to try to have people banned from fan message boards because he doesn’t like their opinions? Who doesn’t find them “objective” because they don’t agree with him? Who labels people “cheerleaders” if they are not heroically, mind-numbingly, eternally and perpetually pessimistic and negative about every single possible hint of a weakness until the end of days?



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2464
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 7th, 2019, 5:03 am

I’m also pretty offended that I wasn’t sought out by name, given that I’m Jordan’s one true number one fan.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

cval
Posts: 931
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by cval » January 7th, 2019, 5:18 am

Must you pick a fight in every thread on every forum?

Hyperbole... I know 😀



QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 15456
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 301 times

Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 7th, 2019, 5:30 am

USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 5:44 am

Ummmmm fight?? You probably would lose :joking: ....anyway I don’t get offended about anyone’s opinion about Jordan. You’re right he is solid, maybe not NFL solid but that remains to be seen. He is there to obtain his degree while doing what he loves to do. If he makes a mistake, I have been pretty vocal about it - both to this board and him. We all make mistakes. As long as he is not attacked for his character you can say what you want. I worked very hard to make sure my son went out into the world a respectful, helpful and hardworking man.
All that being said Blue, in life there are things you cannot control, and like you said FREE SPEECH will not be limited. I do not understand why I had the honor of being named in the title of a thread in one of your rants but hey.....it won’t change my day. My son has put his heart into this team and I have NEVER been the parent that blows smoke up his a$$ telling him he’s going to the NFL..
Last edited by taniataylor on January 7th, 2019, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4852
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 286 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 7th, 2019, 5:47 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 5:44 am
Ummmmm fight?? You probably would lose....anyway I don’t get offended about anyone’s opinion about Jordan. You’re right he is solid, maybe not NFL solid but that remains to be seen. He is there to obtain his degree while doing what he loves to do. If he makes a mistake, I have been pretty vocal about it - both to this board and him. We all make mistakes. As long as he is not attacked for his character you can say what you want. I worked very hard to make sure my son went out into the world a respectful, helpful and hardworking man.
All that being said Blue, in life there are things you cannot control, and like you said FREE SPEECH will not be limited. I do not understand why I had the honor of being named in the title of a thread in one of your rants but hey.....it won’t change my day. My son has put his heart into this team and I have NEVER been the parent that blows smoke up his a$$ telling him he’s going to the NFL..
Tania, USUBlue's post was really just a very different and long winded way of paying you a compliment in only the way USUblue can.



taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 5:49 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 5:47 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 5:44 am
Ummmmm fight?? You probably would lose....anyway I don’t get offended about anyone’s opinion about Jordan. You’re right he is solid, maybe not NFL solid but that remains to be seen. He is there to obtain his degree while doing what he loves to do. If he makes a mistake, I have been pretty vocal about it - both to this board and him. We all make mistakes. As long as he is not attacked for his character you can say what you want. I worked very hard to make sure my son went out into the world a respectful, helpful and hardworking man.
All that being said Blue, in life there are things you cannot control, and like you said FREE SPEECH will not be limited. I do not understand why I had the honor of being named in the title of a thread in one of your rants but hey.....it won’t change my day. My son has put his heart into this team and I have NEVER been the parent that blows smoke up his a$$ telling him he’s going to the NFL..
Tania, USUBlue's post was really just a very different and long winded way of paying you a compliment in only the way USUblue can.
I wouldn’t know that because he ALWAYS has something to say and argues with people often.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2255
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » January 7th, 2019, 6:15 am

USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
I thought you were an attorney?? Certainly you must know better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2346
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 276 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2019, 7:57 am

:anonymous: :bananafire:



jpswensen
Posts: 1420
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 146 times
Contact:

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by jpswensen » January 7th, 2019, 8:14 am

USUBlue wrote: And yes this policy could be enforced by the athletic department as part of the team rules of each team. Just like they limit players interviews or tweeting.
I still don’t think there is a valid way to prevent the family members from social media. The scholarship is to the youth, not the family. The only thing you could potentially do is forbid them from talking about their team/sport with there family, which would be a really stupid and virtually unenforceable policy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2255
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » January 7th, 2019, 8:26 am

jpswensen wrote:
USUBlue wrote: And yes this policy could be enforced by the athletic department as part of the team rules of each team. Just like they limit players interviews or tweeting.
I still don’t think there is a valid way to prevent the family members from social media. The scholarship is to the youth, not the family. The only thing you could potentially do is forbid them from talking about their team/sport with there family, which would be a really stupid and virtually unenforceable policy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s looking for a State entity to restrict speech over an athletic event? Yikes. Maybe he isn’t an attorney. I thought he was for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 8:28 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 5:03 am
I’m also pretty offended that I wasn’t sought out by name, given that I’m Jordan’s one true number one fan.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2309
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 116 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by OKAggie » January 7th, 2019, 8:29 am

Surprise, surprise: USUBlue poses a hypothetical question to provoke vivid conversation and enlightenment of the board, but which of course has only one USUBlue-approved outcome, which he has already made an appointment with the AD (pray for him) to discuss. Hopefully Mr. Hartwell will understand the real importance of this issue and the seriousness of the proponent, and delegate the discussion to the janitor who empties KC Smurthwaite's secretary's trashcan.

Back on my Ignore list. I tried, really I did.


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 801
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 7th, 2019, 8:43 am

This was an extremely bizarre way to start a topic. Not sure how Miss Tania is suppose to react. I like your son, he's not NFL material, he's got limitation, can we criticize....etc., etc. Very strange. Why not ask your question without all the other stuff? Sorry Tania but it seemed like a strange position to put you in.



taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 8:48 am

I don't understand why I would have to be removed from this board anyway. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board there has not been one time I have been at all emotional about Jordan, his mistakes or anyone's comments. I have brought facts to this place, based on having an inside scoop. I participate in many discussions and in chat during a game.
USUBlue has assumed that Jordan and myself will just fizzle off into the sunset once he graduates. I am a parent, not an alum. He gauges our dedication by how much money we will or have donated. I have loaned Utah State my son and they have given him an opportunity to earn a degree. I support my son and have become a fan of the Aggies because of him and will stay that way once he has graduated and when he becomes a graduate, he will not forget the Aggies. He and I are forever grateful for his opportunity here.
This year was an exceptional year for them, (Jordan has received 3 game balls this season, so while he may not be NFL caliber, he sure made an impact. He has made great strides in his people skills and maturity & I am beyond pleased with that)
You can go to Mr. Hartwell and say what you want, it won't change anything. I read the rants of the other family and while they may be excessive, I don't think it's fair to single out a player by calling out how bad he or she may be. These athletes give it their all when they're playing and they read this board, you can't build someone up by breaking them down. Sometimes it's forgotten that alot of these athletes are far from home for the first time, maybe grew up financially struggling and are trying to become something other than what their circumstances have laid out for them.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 801
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 7th, 2019, 8:53 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:48 am
I don't understand why I would have to be removed from this board anyway. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board there has not been one time I have been at all emotional about Jordan, his mistakes or anyone's comments. I have brought facts to this place, based on having an inside scoop. I participate in many discussions and in chat during a game.
USUBlue has assumed that Jordan and myself will just fizzle off into the sunset once he graduates. I am a parent, not an alum. He gauges our dedication by how much money we will or have donated. I have loaned Utah State my son and they have given him an opportunity to earn a degree. I support my son and have become a fan of the Aggies because of him and will stay that way once he has graduated and when he becomes a graduate, he will not forget the Aggies. He and I are forever grateful for his opportunity here.
This year was an exceptional year for them, (Jordan has received 3 game balls this season, so while he may not be NFL caliber, he sure made an impact. He has made great strides in his people skills and maturity & I am beyond pleased with that)
You can go to Mr. Hartwell and say what you want, it won't change anything. I read the rants of the other family and while they may be excessive, I don't think it's fair to single out a player by calling out how bad he or she may be. These athletes give it their all when they're playing and they read this board, you can't build someone up by breaking them down. Sometimes it's forgotten that alot of these athletes are far from home for the first time, maybe grew up financially struggling and are trying to become something other than what their circumstances have laid out for them.
:golfclap:



NVAggie
Posts: 15804
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 487 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by NVAggie » January 7th, 2019, 8:53 am

Someone needs to train USUBlue on the "foe" feature in this forum. He should just eliminate them from his experience and call it a day.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7440
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 257 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by dyedblue » January 7th, 2019, 9:27 am

What the hell Blue? Bean, Taylor, Tania, and now your going to go have have chat with the principal?

How about you just take a breather from the board and chill out for a while. Nothing we do on this board will really ever help what happens in the field or court. Right now, it can only hurt.

You're like the guy who thought he had a public hair, until he peed out of it.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Donman
Posts: 2493
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by Donman » January 7th, 2019, 9:28 am

1) This is a private board, not run by the university.

2) Do you really think the AD is going to tell parents they can't communicate on a board.

3) Parents can offer important insight but they must understand there will be some criticism. On the other hand, we should recognize these young men and women are representing our university. We should be cheering for their success. All to often, I get the feeling some hope they fail to validate their opinions.

4) We need to allow young men and women time to improve. Often we are forced to play players before they are ready. We should take that into account.

5) I certainly hope the AD isn't wasting his time with this topic.

Love having Tania on here. She is a valuable asset.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1726
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by JSHarvey » January 7th, 2019, 9:45 am

I absolutely love reading Tania Taylor's posts on this board. In my opinion it would be a great loss if she were not here contributing!

Obviously some parents go off the deep end and cause problems for the program - not the board per se but the program (Mr. Garrettson's Dad as exhibit number one) but so do a lot of generic fans.

I'm just happy the Aggies are doing well and grateful to the parents responsible for raising such great players.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2464
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 7th, 2019, 10:14 am

If I had to pick three accounts on this forum to protect forever it would be:
1. aggies22. Obviously.
2. taniataylor. A great second biggest fan of Jordan Nathan and she always gives us great insight into what the guys are thinking.
3. YoungBloodAggie. That dude is hilarious.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 10:17 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:48 am
I don't understand why I would have to be removed from this board anyway. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board there has not been one time I have been at all emotional about Jordan, his mistakes or anyone's comments. I have brought facts to this place, based on having an inside scoop. I participate in many discussions and in chat during a game.
USUBlue has assumed that Jordan and myself will just fizzle off into the sunset once he graduates. I am a parent, not an alum. He gauges our dedication by how much money we will or have donated. I have loaned Utah State my son and they have given him an opportunity to earn a degree. I support my son and have become a fan of the Aggies because of him and will stay that way once he has graduated and when he becomes a graduate, he will not forget the Aggies. He and I are forever grateful for his opportunity here.
This year was an exceptional year for them, (Jordan has received 3 game balls this season, so while he may not be NFL caliber, he sure made an impact. He has made great strides in his people skills and maturity & I am beyond pleased with that)
You can go to Mr. Hartwell and say what you want, it won't change anything. I read the rants of the other family and while they may be excessive, I don't think it's fair to single out a player by calling out how bad he or she may be. These athletes give it their all when they're playing and they read this board, you can't build someone up by breaking them down. Sometimes it's forgotten that alot of these athletes are far from home for the first time, maybe grew up financially struggling and are trying to become something other than what their circumstances have laid out for them.
So back to the topic, you understand and are OK with fans talking about Jordan missing a block or dropping a ball? We can actually watch the game and see it for what it is, without having to praise someone just to keep the parent or family happy?



FeartheFro
Posts: 362
Joined: March 11th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by FeartheFro » January 7th, 2019, 10:32 am

I can only assume someone has hacked USUBLUE’s account. In reality he got exactly what he was looking for, attention. If we keep providing it, he will continue this behavior.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am

USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:17 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:48 am
I don't understand why I would have to be removed from this board anyway. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board there has not been one time I have been at all emotional about Jordan, his mistakes or anyone's comments. I have brought facts to this place, based on having an inside scoop. I participate in many discussions and in chat during a game.
USUBlue has assumed that Jordan and myself will just fizzle off into the sunset once he graduates. I am a parent, not an alum. He gauges our dedication by how much money we will or have donated. I have loaned Utah State my son and they have given him an opportunity to earn a degree. I support my son and have become a fan of the Aggies because of him and will stay that way once he has graduated and when he becomes a graduate, he will not forget the Aggies. He and I are forever grateful for his opportunity here.
This year was an exceptional year for them, (Jordan has received 3 game balls this season, so while he may not be NFL caliber, he sure made an impact. He has made great strides in his people skills and maturity & I am beyond pleased with that)
You can go to Mr. Hartwell and say what you want, it won't change anything. I read the rants of the other family and while they may be excessive, I don't think it's fair to single out a player by calling out how bad he or she may be. These athletes give it their all when they're playing and they read this board, you can't build someone up by breaking them down. Sometimes it's forgotten that alot of these athletes are far from home for the first time, maybe grew up financially struggling and are trying to become something other than what their circumstances have laid out for them.
So back to the topic, you understand and are OK will fans talk about Jordan missing a block or dropping a ball? We can actually watch the game and see it for what it is, without having to praise someone just to keep the parent or family happy?
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 10:39 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:14 am
If I had to pick three accounts on this forum to protect forever it would be:
1. aggies22. Obviously.
2. taniataylor. A great second biggest fan of Jordan Nathan and she always gives us great insight into what the guys are thinking.
3. YoungBloodAggie. That dude is hilarious.
:thanks:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 10:41 am

Donman wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 9:28 am
1) This is a private board, not run by the university.

2) Do you really think the AD is going to tell parents they can't communicate on a board.

3) Parents can offer important insight but they must understand there will be some criticism. On the other hand, we should recognize these young men and women are representing our university. We should be cheering for their success. All to often, I get the feeling some hope they fail to validate their opinions.

4) We need to allow young men and women time to improve. Often we are forced to play players before they are ready. We should take that into account.

5) I certainly hope the AD isn't wasting his time with this topic.

Love having Tania on here. She is a valuable asset.
[
/quote]

:thanks:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 10:42 am

JSHarvey wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 9:45 am
I absolutely love reading Tania Taylor's posts on this board. In my opinion it would be a great loss if she were not here contributing!

Obviously some parents go off the deep end and cause problems for the program - not the board per se but the program (Mr. Garrettson's Dad as exhibit number one) but so do a lot of generic fans.

I'm just happy the Aggies are doing well and grateful to the parents responsible for raising such great players.
:thanks:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
bigblue
2012 Gridiron KickOff Pick'em Champion & 2016 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Posts: 2066
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by bigblue » January 7th, 2019, 10:46 am

Oh my hell. This whole thread is ridiculous. Except for Tania of course.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 10:46 am

bigblue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:46 am
Oh my hell. This whole thread is ridiculous. Except for Tania of course. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
;)

OMG if this thread goes to another page I'm gonna die!!!!! :disappointed:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 11:00 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:46 am
bigblue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:46 am
Oh my hell. This whole thread is ridiculous. Except for Tania of course. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
;)

OMG if this thread goes to another page I'm gonna die!!!!! :disappointed:
Just free publicity Tania; you should run for governor of the board, or at the very least miss congeniality.



pilotaggie
Posts: 493
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by pilotaggie » January 7th, 2019, 11:02 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:14 am
If I had to pick three accounts on this forum to protect forever it would be:
1. aggies22. Obviously.
2. taniataylor. A great second biggest fan of Jordan Nathan and she always gives us great insight into what the guys are thinking.
3. YoungBloodAggie. That dude is hilarious.
Young I am offended that you didn't include me on this list. I provide no insight and mostly useless conversation fodder. You have hurt my self esteem so I am going to take my ball and go home. Before I get there I'm going to stop by the AD's office and demand you add me to your list.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2346
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 276 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2019, 11:10 am

OF COURSE Tania and Blue should fight! Are we talking like an actual fight, or something like an armwrestle, thumb war, or stick pull?

Trying now to formulate the betting odds — assuming an actual fight, Blue, how old are you? Tania, do you own brass knuckles?

When/where should the fight take place? Proceeds from all ticket sales go to Aggies Unlimited?



Locked Previous topicNext topic