2019 Schedule

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bazinga22

2019 Schedule

Post by bazinga22 » January 2nd, 2019, 12:07 am

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/utah-state/ I see us playing 3 teams that won 10 or more games this year and likely ranked in the final ap top 25 poll LSU,Fresno and BSU.Wake also won 7 games beat memphis in bowl

jpswensen

Re: 2019 Schedule

Post by jpswensen » January 2nd, 2019, 11:27 am

I fear that unless we can reload at receiver, we might be in for a bad year. Vaughns, Green, and Tarver are really big losses. I think Nathan is solid, but we need another 2 guys to spread the Love around (pun intended). Darwin Thompson is a big loss, but Bright seemed a lot better at the end of the year.

It was almost better expecting an OK year and getting 11 wins, than worrying about drop off with a new coach and reloading at skill positions.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » January 2nd, 2019, 11:34 am

jpswensen wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 11:27 am
I fear that unless we can reload at receiver, we might be in for a bad year. Vaughns, Green, and Tarver are really big losses. I think Nathan is solid, but we need another 2 guys to spread the Love around (pun intended). Darwin Thompson is a big loss, but Bright seemed a lot better at the end of the year.

It was almost better expecting an OK year and getting 11 wins, than worrying about drop off with a new coach and reloading at skill positions.
We lose our 4 best pass catchers: Tarver, Greene, Vaughns and Raymond. Add in losing DT and 4 out of 5 OL.... that's a lot to replace. GA has his work cut out on offense.

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » January 2nd, 2019, 11:44 am

GA is a good coach, his situation at ore st was bad.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » January 2nd, 2019, 12:01 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 11:34 am
jpswensen wrote:

We lose our 4 best pass catchers: Tarver, Greene, Vaughns and Raymond. Add in losing DT and 4 out of 5 OL.... that's a lot to replace. GA has his work cut out on offense.
Sometimes you think you lose when you only saw a glimpse of what the other options were. With all of the switching out and the coaches not liking certain players, you will be surprised what diamonds in the rough we have. Personally, Tarver was ok, he's big, so I guess you guys consider him a loss...watch EVERY game and count how many drops or misses he had....yes, he had yards, yes TDs too, but he dropped ALOT of passes, Dax can't be too much of a loss when Terrell played most of the season due to Dax's injury.
The schedule is going to be tough, but if we are prepared, we will be fine......

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 2nd, 2019, 12:07 pm

taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

Sometimes you think you lose when you only saw a glimpse of what the other options were. With all of the switching out and the coaches not liking certain players, you will be surprised what diamonds in the rough we have. Personally, Tarver was ok, he's big, so I guess you guys consider him a loss...watch EVERY game and count how many drops or misses he had....yes, he had yards, yes TDs too, but he dropped ALOT of passes, Dax can't be too much of a loss when Terrell played most of the season due to Dax's injury.
The schedule is going to be tough, but if we are prepared, we will be fine......
You’re REALLY underrating Tarver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 2nd, 2019, 12:09 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:07 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

Tarver was very dropsy at times. His blocking was great, but I don’t think he’s the sort of player you lose and everything falls apart.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » January 2nd, 2019, 12:11 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:09 pm
2004AG wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

Tarver was very dropsy at times. His blocking was great, but I don’t think he’s the sort of player you lose and everything falls apart.
Greene is a bigger loss than Taver, IMO. Tarver was still a very nice target in the red zone and will be missed.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » January 2nd, 2019, 12:13 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:11 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:09 pm
2004AG wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

I see where you might think that.....I like him, he was good, just not game changing....DTRAINNN was our game changer.
Greene is a bigger loss than Taver, IMO. Tarver was still a very nice target in the red zone and will be missed.
Yes he is a much bigger loss....

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 2nd, 2019, 12:14 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

Every player has drops. Hell I’ve read on here how Scarver is gonna replace Tarver.....talk about drops.

QB is really the only position where everything “can” fall apart but we are gonna miss him greatly. He’s good.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » January 2nd, 2019, 12:22 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:14 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

Every player has drops. Hell I’ve read on here how Scarver is gonna replace Tarver.....talk about drops.

QB is really the only position where everything “can” fall apart but we are gonna miss him greatly. He’s good.

It's hard to gauge a guy that never really got much time at receiver, he's good and fast.....and he doesn't fight

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » January 2nd, 2019, 12:23 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
2004AG wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

It's hard to gauge a guy that never really got much time at receiver, he's good and fast.....and he doesn't fight
LOL. Tarver would win the award for most punches thrown in his direction. He must have a strong trash talk game.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » January 2nd, 2019, 12:25 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:23 pm
taniataylor wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
2004AG wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

LOL. Tarver would win the award for most punches thrown in his direction. He must have a strong trash talk game.
Like the STRONGEST

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 2nd, 2019, 1:01 pm

We'll get revenge for that embarrassing loss to WF! Bank on it!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic