Chuckie not returning...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
@ggies
Posts: 19
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Chuckie not returning...

Post by @ggies » January 2nd, 2019, 10:27 pm

I want to take the time to thank everyone that was apart of such a fun year! There is an indescribable amount of love that I have for each of you guys. That will never change. With that being said, i will not be coaching at Utah State this upcoming season. #AggieBrotherhood


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



garyismyhomeboy
Posts: 31
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by garyismyhomeboy » January 2nd, 2019, 10:34 pm

Texas Tech



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4150
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by USUBlue » January 2nd, 2019, 10:53 pm

**
Last edited by USUBlue on January 2nd, 2019, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4376
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 2nd, 2019, 11:02 pm

USUBlue wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 10:53 pm
Good luck wherever you go, and we hope to see you again soon in Logan
He’s not Chuckie, he just copy and pasted chuckie’s tweet.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4195
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 2nd, 2019, 11:18 pm



Last edited by GameFAQSAggie on January 3rd, 2019, 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4195
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 2nd, 2019, 11:20 pm






User avatar
Naked Bull Rider
Posts: 340
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 11:15 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by Naked Bull Rider » January 2nd, 2019, 11:26 pm

Loved most of Gary’s hires (Sanford, Ena, and Bojay were great pickups). Though I can’t help but wonder if Gary’s tantrum comments about his OSU staff played into this.

I’ve heard people say Chuckie wasn’t on the staff at the time those texts were sent, but the blame game on the assistants was still a poor way to explain an exit.

I think Chickie coaching Love was aces. Seems like a mistake not to retain him. Really wondering if it was Chuckie’s choice to stay or not.



User avatar
sam tingey
2013 & 2016 FB Predict The Score Champion & 2017 & 2018 Bowl Pick'Em Champion
Posts: 1214
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by sam tingey » January 3rd, 2019, 6:57 am

Chuckie needs to build his network before he comes back. good Luck to an Aggie legend!



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 5406
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 3rd, 2019, 7:55 am

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 11:26 pm
Loved most of Gary’s hires (Sanford, Ena, and Bojay were great pickups). Though I can’t help but wonder if Gary’s tantrum comments about his OSU staff played into this.

I’ve heard people say Chuckie wasn’t on the staff at the time those texts were sent, but the blame game on the assistants was still a poor way to explain an exit.

I think Chickie coaching Love was aces. Seems like a mistake not to retain him. Really wondering if it was Chuckie’s choice to stay or not.
Maybe there aren't any lines to read between and it simply came down to the fact there just wasn't a place on the staff with Sanford preferring to coach the QB's along with being the OC.



taniataylor
Posts: 1233
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by taniataylor » January 3rd, 2019, 8:37 am

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 11:26 pm
Loved most of Gary’s hires (Sanford, Ena, and Bojay were great pickups). Though I can’t help but wonder if Gary’s tantrum comments about his OSU staff played into this.

I’ve heard people say Chuckie wasn’t on the staff at the time those texts were sent, but the blame game on the assistants was still a poor way to explain an exit.

I think Chickie coaching Love was aces. Seems like a mistake not to retain him. Really wondering if it was Chuckie’s choice to stay or not.
Chuckie didn't coach QBs


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
Naked Bull Rider
Posts: 340
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 11:15 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by Naked Bull Rider » January 3rd, 2019, 9:52 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 8:37 am
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 11:26 pm
Loved most of Gary’s hires (Sanford, Ena, and Bojay were great pickups). Though I can’t help but wonder if Gary’s tantrum comments about his OSU staff played into this.

I’ve heard people say Chuckie wasn’t on the staff at the time those texts were sent, but the blame game on the assistants was still a poor way to explain an exit.

I think Chickie coaching Love was aces. Seems like a mistake not to retain him. Really wondering if it was Chuckie’s choice to stay or not.
Chuckie didn't coach QBs


What did he coach?



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 6686
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by dyedblue » January 3rd, 2019, 9:55 am

Inside WR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7133
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by ViAggie » January 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am

Has it been announced that Chuckie is going to TT yet? That's my guess. He had a great relationship with Yost and the rest of the staff, so it doesn't surprise me one bit to see him follow Matt Wells & Co to Lubbock.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Sl7vk
Posts: 89
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by Sl7vk » January 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am

Anyone else heard the rumor that Whittingham is going after Yost at Utah?
That'd be hillarious if MW lost Yost.



taniataylor
Posts: 1233
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by taniataylor » January 3rd, 2019, 10:05 am

dyedblue wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 9:55 am
Inside WR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I KNEW THAT...... :scotsman:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

FloridaAggie13
Posts: 5406
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 3rd, 2019, 10:06 am

ViAggie wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am
Has it been announced that Chuckie is going to TT yet? That's my guess. He had a great relationship with Yost and the rest of the staff, so it doesn't surprise me one bit to see him follow Matt Wells & Co to Lubbock.
Good point. Plus, I'm sure TT could pay him more.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 341
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by thegreendalegelf » January 3rd, 2019, 11:23 am

Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
Anyone else heard the rumor that Whittingham is going after Yost at Utah?
That'd be hillarious if MW lost Yost.
As an Aggie who likes the Utes, I hope this happens.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 6686
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by dyedblue » January 3rd, 2019, 11:36 am

taniataylor wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 9:55 am
Inside WR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I KNEW THAT...... :scotsman:
Yeah, but what is your source level? Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

taniataylor
Posts: 1233
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by taniataylor » January 3rd, 2019, 11:39 am

dyedblue wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:36 am
taniataylor wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 9:55 am
Inside WR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I KNEW THAT...... :scotsman:
Yeah, but what is your source level? Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on a scale form 1-10....I'd say 72 and this time it wasn't my favorite receiver, it was Chuckie's favorite receiver (Matt Austin) ;)


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7133
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by ViAggie » January 3rd, 2019, 11:58 am

Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
Anyone else heard the rumor that Whittingham is going after Yost at Utah?
That'd be hillarious if MW lost Yost.
I'm guessing that Yost has probably signed a contract with TT by now. So unless the Utes want to buy him out before he even starts...


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Sl7vk
Posts: 89
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by Sl7vk » January 3rd, 2019, 3:01 pm

ViAggie wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:58 am
Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
Anyone else heard the rumor that Whittingham is going after Yost at Utah?
That'd be hillarious if MW lost Yost.
I'm guessing that Yost has probably signed a contract with TT by now. So unless the Utes want to buy him out before he even starts...
I think Arnada at LSU is the only coordinator in the country with a buyout. Every other coordinator is free to leave as they please.

Which would be freaking hilarious.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7133
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by ViAggie » January 3rd, 2019, 4:09 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 3:01 pm
ViAggie wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:58 am
Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
Anyone else heard the rumor that Whittingham is going after Yost at Utah?
That'd be hillarious if MW lost Yost.
I'm guessing that Yost has probably signed a contract with TT by now. So unless the Utes want to buy him out before he even starts...
I think Arnada at LSU is the only coordinator in the country with a buyout. Every other coordinator is free to leave as they please.

Which would be freaking hilarious.
I wouldn't want to see Yost go to a (potential/one-time) rival.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Sl7vk
Posts: 89
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by Sl7vk » January 3rd, 2019, 4:49 pm

ViAggie wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 4:09 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 3:01 pm
ViAggie wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:58 am
Sl7vk wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
Anyone else heard the rumor that Whittingham is going after Yost at Utah?
That'd be hillarious if MW lost Yost.
I'm guessing that Yost has probably signed a contract with TT by now. So unless the Utes want to buy him out before he even starts...
I think Arnada at LSU is the only coordinator in the country with a buyout. Every other coordinator is free to leave as they please.

Which would be freaking hilarious.
I wouldn't want to see Yost go to a (potential/one-time) rival.
Utah isn't going to play us anytime soon.
Matt Wells without Yost would be in deep s*** at TT, and he might be anyway with him.
Yost would be a bad fit at Utah anyway because of all the pressure his offense puts on the defense. Think the airforce game where they ran 300 plays or so and had 6 hours of time of possession.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 6686
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by dyedblue » January 3rd, 2019, 4:59 pm

I'd pay money to be in the film sessions with Yost and Whittingham. That would be an epic clash. Whitt is too hands on and demanding for anyone to succeed there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by brownjeans » January 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm

Utah is career suicide for OCs. No respectable OC will take that job. Seriously, I've thought about applying. Even though I have 0 experience and have never drawn up a play, there's a good chance that I could be the best candidate they will have apply. Here's my sales pitch: Coach, I'll do whatever you want and when things don't go well, I'll take the blame.

Done, hired.



LKGates
Posts: 3042
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by LKGates » January 3rd, 2019, 7:48 pm

brownjeans wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm
Utah is career suicide for OCs. No respectable OC will take that job. Seriously, I've thought about applying. Even though I have 0 experience and have never drawn up a play, there's a good chance that I could be the best candidate they will have apply. Here's my sales pitch: Coach, I'll do whatever you want and when things don't go well, I'll take the blame.

Done, hired.
Shoot, I'd like to have you come work for me.


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

FloridaAggie13
Posts: 5406
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 3rd, 2019, 9:48 pm

brownjeans wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm
Utah is career suicide for OCs. No respectable OC will take that job. Seriously, I've thought about applying. Even though I have 0 experience and have never drawn up a play, there's a good chance that I could be the best candidate they will have apply. Here's my sales pitch: Coach, I'll do whatever you want and when things don't go well, I'll take the blame.

Done, hired.
Take the blame, get fired, pass GO and collect several hundred thousand dollars for a job...done.

I'm submitting my resume now!



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14057
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Contact:

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by treesap32 » January 8th, 2019, 1:05 pm

brownjeans wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm
Utah is career suicide for OCs. No respectable OC will take that job. Seriously, I've thought about applying. Even though I have 0 experience and have never drawn up a play, there's a good chance that I could be the best candidate they will have apply. Here's my sales pitch: Coach, I'll do whatever you want and when things don't go well, I'll take the blame.

Done, hired.
At what salary?



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am

Re: Chuckie not returning...

Post by brownjeans » January 8th, 2019, 2:23 pm

treesap32 wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:05 pm
brownjeans wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm
Utah is career suicide for OCs. No respectable OC will take that job. Seriously, I've thought about applying. Even though I have 0 experience and have never drawn up a play, there's a good chance that I could be the best candidate they will have apply. Here's my sales pitch: Coach, I'll do whatever you want and when things don't go well, I'll take the blame.

Done, hired.
At what salary?
Take the 10 lowest paid P5 OCs and I'll take the average.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic