Tania - Should We Fight?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 903
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 381 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 7th, 2019, 11:14 am

pilotaggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:02 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:14 am
If I had to pick three accounts on this forum to protect forever it would be:
1. aggies22. Obviously.
2. taniataylor. A great second biggest fan of Jordan Nathan and she always gives us great insight into what the guys are thinking.
3. YoungBloodAggie. That dude is hilarious.
Young I am offended that you didn't include me on this list. I provide no insight and mostly useless conversation fodder. You have hurt my self esteem so I am going to take my ball and go home. Before I get there I'm going to stop by the AD's office and demand you add me to your list.
I actually just shot an email out to Hartwell asking that he ban anybody from ever rankings posters as favorites on this board to avoid hurt feelings. Not that mine were hurt or anything...



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 11:15 am

and here we go...page 2 OMGGGGGGG!!!


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6668
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 871 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USU78 » January 7th, 2019, 11:24 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am
USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:17 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:48 am
I don't understand why I would have to be removed from this board anyway. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board there has not been one time I have been at all emotional about Jordan, his mistakes or anyone's comments. I have brought facts to this place, based on having an inside scoop. I participate in many discussions and in chat during a game.
USUBlue has assumed that Jordan and myself will just fizzle off into the sunset once he graduates. I am a parent, not an alum. He gauges our dedication by how much money we will or have donated. I have loaned Utah State my son and they have given him an opportunity to earn a degree. I support my son and have become a fan of the Aggies because of him and will stay that way once he has graduated and when he becomes a graduate, he will not forget the Aggies. He and I are forever grateful for his opportunity here.
This year was an exceptional year for them, (Jordan has received 3 game balls this season, so while he may not be NFL caliber, he sure made an impact. He has made great strides in his people skills and maturity & I am beyond pleased with that)
You can go to Mr. Hartwell and say what you want, it won't change anything. I read the rants of the other family and while they may be excessive, I don't think it's fair to single out a player by calling out how bad he or she may be. These athletes give it their all when they're playing and they read this board, you can't build someone up by breaking them down. Sometimes it's forgotten that alot of these athletes are far from home for the first time, maybe grew up financially struggling and are trying to become something other than what their circumstances have laid out for them.
So back to the topic, you understand and are OK will fans talk about Jordan missing a block or dropping a ball? We can actually watch the game and see it for what it is, without having to praise someone just to keep the parent or family happy?
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here
I can think of very few times I had much to argue about Jordan's effort or execution. During his sophomore season, I noticed that he did get out-efforted by the senior. That extra spark that comes when you see the end of your career coming made a difference.

Now that # 11 is gone wherever he's going, and # 12 is off to med school or wherever his dad ends up sending him, no more 3-headed monster in the slot. What this means for Jordan finding an extra gear, I do not know. So many variables, especially who comes in as JC or grad transfers. It will be fun to see how things develop in Spring- and Fall-ball. I see him, if he really does start getting some snaps at wide-out, becoming a possession-type receiver. He's already established that he's not afraid of going across the middle and catching it [most times].

What I'm also wondering about is his blocking. As an upper-classman, will he lead the way with the younger guys and improve his explosiveness there?

So many questions.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

mcaggie1
Posts: 2564
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by mcaggie1 » January 7th, 2019, 11:42 am

Tania, you are awesome! Always been a breath of fresh air on this board.

As for your son. Whose to say whether he is an NFL type receiver or not? So far he has been playing on a team with Green and Tarver, who are pretty dang good, and will get a chance with the NFL. We had a d lineman years ago named Greg Kragen. He was good, but few thought he was NFL material. He was given a chance to try out with the Denver Broncos. He stuck. Soon after he played a little. Then he started. Then he was an All Pro for a couple of years. There was a d back name Earsal McBee back in the mid 60's who came to Utah State to play basketball. He ended up playing both, and then a great pro career with the Vikings. A GREAT basketball player for USU named Cornell Green who was All Pro for several years for the Dallas Cowboys. Didn't play College football.

I could tell you more and more stories about Aggie athletes who were not really considered "pro quality" players.....who made it, and some made it big. My details on those stories may be a little foggy as to the details, but they happened.
So, whose to say where Jordon will end up in regards to the pros....even his wonderful mother? I have seen him work magic with many punt returns, and I am sure there not only more of that, but more as he gets more time at receiver.

I will sit back and enjoy the watching.
Last edited by mcaggie1 on January 7th, 2019, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 11:44 am

USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:24 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am
USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:17 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:48 am
I don't understand why I would have to be removed from this board anyway. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board there has not been one time I have been at all emotional about Jordan, his mistakes or anyone's comments. I have brought facts to this place, based on having an inside scoop. I participate in many discussions and in chat during a game.
USUBlue has assumed that Jordan and myself will just fizzle off into the sunset once he graduates. I am a parent, not an alum. He gauges our dedication by how much money we will or have donated. I have loaned Utah State my son and they have given him an opportunity to earn a degree. I support my son and have become a fan of the Aggies because of him and will stay that way once he has graduated and when he becomes a graduate, he will not forget the Aggies. He and I are forever grateful for his opportunity here.
This year was an exceptional year for them, (Jordan has received 3 game balls this season, so while he may not be NFL caliber, he sure made an impact. He has made great strides in his people skills and maturity & I am beyond pleased with that)
You can go to Mr. Hartwell and say what you want, it won't change anything. I read the rants of the other family and while they may be excessive, I don't think it's fair to single out a player by calling out how bad he or she may be. These athletes give it their all when they're playing and they read this board, you can't build someone up by breaking them down. Sometimes it's forgotten that alot of these athletes are far from home for the first time, maybe grew up financially struggling and are trying to become something other than what their circumstances have laid out for them.
So back to the topic, you understand and are OK will fans talk about Jordan missing a block or dropping a ball? We can actually watch the game and see it for what it is, without having to praise someone just to keep the parent or family happy?
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here
I can think of very few times I had much to argue about Jordan's effort or execution. During his sophomore season, I noticed that he did get out-efforted by the senior. That extra spark that comes when you see the end of your career coming made a difference.

Now that # 11 is gone wherever he's going, and # 12 is off to med school or wherever his dad ends up sending him, no more 3-headed monster in the slot. What this means for Jordan finding an extra gear, I do not know. So many variables, especially who comes in as JC or grad transfers. It will be fun to see how things develop in Spring- and Fall-ball. I see him, if he really does start getting some snaps at wide-out, becoming a possession-type receiver. He's already established that he's not afraid of going across the middle and catching it [most times].

What I'm also wondering about is his blocking. As an upper-classman, will he lead the way with the younger guys and improve his explosiveness there?

So many questions.
In H.S. Jordan never had to block, the passing game was all about him and the one outside guy. Blocking is new for him since he got to USU. He was leaps and bounds better this year than last as Yost said NO BLOCKEE, NO PLAYEE.....I'm sure he will improve.
And you are exactly right, Jordan got put behind AV, not because of the skill set because they are about even, but because the last coaching staff wanted the SRs to get a chance to put some numbers up. The start of the season #16 & #11 switched off more, then there was the concussion before the CSU game for Jordan and he lost momentum there.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 11:48 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:42 am
Tania, you are awesome! Always been a breath of fresh air on this board.

As for your son. Whose to say whether he is an NFL type receiver or not? So far he has been playing on a team with Green and Tarver, who are pretty dang good, and will get a chance with the NFL. We had a d lineman years ago named Greg Kragen. He was good, but few thought he was NFL material. He was given a chance to try out with the Denver Broncos. He stuck. Soon after he played a little. Then he started. Then he was an All Pro for a couple of years. There was a d back name Earsal McBee back in the mid 60's who came to Utah State to play basketball. He ended up playing both, and then a great pro career with the Vikings. A GREAT basketball player for USU named Cornell Green who was All Pro for several years for the Dallas Cowboys. Didn't play College football.

I could tell you more and more stories about Aggie athletes who were not really considered "pro quality" players.....who made it, and some made it big. My details on those stories may be a little foggy as to the details, but they happened.
So, whose to say where Jordon will end up in regards to the pros....even his wonderful mother? I have seen him work magic with many punt returns, and I am sure there not only more of that, but more as he gets more time at receiver.

I will sit back and enjoy the watching.

Thank you!

I think any D1 player has an opportunity to play at the next level if they dedicate themselves to the game. I just don't tell Jordan that's his destiny, if he gets there, AWESOME, but he needs his degree 1st and anything else is a result of the opportunity he has been given on the field and how he takes advantage of that, until then he will contribute to the wins and I'm sure the losses for the next 2 seasons


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6668
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 871 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USU78 » January 7th, 2019, 11:59 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:44 am
USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:24 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here
I can think of very few times I had much to argue about Jordan's effort or execution. During his sophomore season, I noticed that he did get out-efforted by the senior. That extra spark that comes when you see the end of your career coming made a difference.

Now that # 11 is gone wherever he's going, and # 12 is off to med school or wherever his dad ends up sending him, no more 3-headed monster in the slot. What this means for Jordan finding an extra gear, I do not know. So many variables, especially who comes in as JC or grad transfers. It will be fun to see how things develop in Spring- and Fall-ball. I see him, if he really does start getting some snaps at wide-out, becoming a possession-type receiver. He's already established that he's not afraid of going across the middle and catching it [most times].

What I'm also wondering about is his blocking. As an upper-classman, will he lead the way with the younger guys and improve his explosiveness there?

So many questions.
In H.S. Jordan never had to block, the passing game was all about him and the one outside guy. Blocking is new for him since he got to USU. He was leaps and bounds better this year than last as Yost said NO BLOCKEE, NO PLAYEE.....I'm sure he will improve.
And you are exactly right, Jordan got put behind AV, not because of the skill set because they are about even, but because the last coaching staff wanted the SRs to get a chance to put some numbers up. The start of the season #16 & #11 switched off more, then there was the concussion before the CSU game for Jordan and he lost momentum there.
I'd forgotten about his concussion. Is he suffering any ill-effects? I remember you downplaying it then. Is your view the same now that he has a couple of months of recovery?

Blocking is a mindset. Old linemen like me are always puzzled when we hear stories about guys playing however many seasons of little league, 4 years of HS, and a couple of years of college, and are just getting used to the notion that there's another way to be useful than catching or running fakes.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 12:10 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:59 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:44 am
USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:24 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here
I can think of very few times I had much to argue about Jordan's effort or execution. During his sophomore season, I noticed that he did get out-efforted by the senior. That extra spark that comes when you see the end of your career coming made a difference.

Now that # 11 is gone wherever he's going, and # 12 is off to med school or wherever his dad ends up sending him, no more 3-headed monster in the slot. What this means for Jordan finding an extra gear, I do not know. So many variables, especially who comes in as JC or grad transfers. It will be fun to see how things develop in Spring- and Fall-ball. I see him, if he really does start getting some snaps at wide-out, becoming a possession-type receiver. He's already established that he's not afraid of going across the middle and catching it [most times].

What I'm also wondering about is his blocking. As an upper-classman, will he lead the way with the younger guys and improve his explosiveness there?

So many questions.
In H.S. Jordan never had to block, the passing game was all about him and the one outside guy. Blocking is new for him since he got to USU. He was leaps and bounds better this year than last as Yost said NO BLOCKEE, NO PLAYEE.....I'm sure he will improve.
And you are exactly right, Jordan got put behind AV, not because of the skill set because they are about even, but because the last coaching staff wanted the SRs to get a chance to put some numbers up. The start of the season #16 & #11 switched off more, then there was the concussion before the CSU game for Jordan and he lost momentum there.
I'd forgotten about his concussion. Is he suffering any ill-effects? I remember you downplaying it then. Is your view the same now that he has a couple of months of recovery?

Blocking is a mindset. Old linemen like me are always puzzled when we hear stories about guys playing however many seasons of little league, 4 years of HS, and a couple of years of college, and are just getting used to the notion that there's another way to be useful than catching or running fakes.
He's fine, but because he had one last year, that one was very bad (during the Hawaii game) he had to sit out longer - but he passed all protocol within a few days.
His HS coaches just never taught him the fundamentals of blocking and he just never felt he had to - He was a little spoiled then by the coaches because of his ability. He played corner too and only wrapped up a couple of times, he focused more on interceptions. His attitude has improved so much now and he doesn't play with the sense of entitlement anymore.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6668
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 871 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USU78 » January 7th, 2019, 12:16 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:10 pm
USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:59 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:44 am
USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:24 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here
I can think of very few times I had much to argue about Jordan's effort or execution. During his sophomore season, I noticed that he did get out-efforted by the senior. That extra spark that comes when you see the end of your career coming made a difference.

Now that # 11 is gone wherever he's going, and # 12 is off to med school or wherever his dad ends up sending him, no more 3-headed monster in the slot. What this means for Jordan finding an extra gear, I do not know. So many variables, especially who comes in as JC or grad transfers. It will be fun to see how things develop in Spring- and Fall-ball. I see him, if he really does start getting some snaps at wide-out, becoming a possession-type receiver. He's already established that he's not afraid of going across the middle and catching it [most times].

What I'm also wondering about is his blocking. As an upper-classman, will he lead the way with the younger guys and improve his explosiveness there?

So many questions.
In H.S. Jordan never had to block, the passing game was all about him and the one outside guy. Blocking is new for him since he got to USU. He was leaps and bounds better this year than last as Yost said NO BLOCKEE, NO PLAYEE.....I'm sure he will improve.
And you are exactly right, Jordan got put behind AV, not because of the skill set because they are about even, but because the last coaching staff wanted the SRs to get a chance to put some numbers up. The start of the season #16 & #11 switched off more, then there was the concussion before the CSU game for Jordan and he lost momentum there.
I'd forgotten about his concussion. Is he suffering any ill-effects? I remember you downplaying it then. Is your view the same now that he has a couple of months of recovery?

Blocking is a mindset. Old linemen like me are always puzzled when we hear stories about guys playing however many seasons of little league, 4 years of HS, and a couple of years of college, and are just getting used to the notion that there's another way to be useful than catching or running fakes.
He's fine, but because he had one last year, that one was very bad (during the Hawaii game) he had to sit out longer - but he passed all protocol within a few days.
His HS coaches just never taught him the fundamentals of blocking and he just never felt he had to - He was a little spoiled then by the coaches because of his ability. He played corner too and only wrapped up a couple of times, he focused more on interceptions. His attitude has improved so much now and he doesn't play with the sense of entitlement anymore.
Interesting. I've never seen anything remotely prima donna-ish from him since he got to Logan.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 12:19 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:16 pm
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:10 pm
USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:59 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:44 am
USU78 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:24 am
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:37 am
I've been ok with it, if ChicAggie were here he would tell you, WHEN Jordan has messed up I have called it in the chat before anyone else. I raised a boy into a man and I don't sugarcoat anything....keep in mind that he will mess up but overall he can play, so if you can also give credit where credit is due and not always be negative, your comments would be so much more welcome around here
I can think of very few times I had much to argue about Jordan's effort or execution. During his sophomore season, I noticed that he did get out-efforted by the senior. That extra spark that comes when you see the end of your career coming made a difference.

Now that # 11 is gone wherever he's going, and # 12 is off to med school or wherever his dad ends up sending him, no more 3-headed monster in the slot. What this means for Jordan finding an extra gear, I do not know. So many variables, especially who comes in as JC or grad transfers. It will be fun to see how things develop in Spring- and Fall-ball. I see him, if he really does start getting some snaps at wide-out, becoming a possession-type receiver. He's already established that he's not afraid of going across the middle and catching it [most times].

What I'm also wondering about is his blocking. As an upper-classman, will he lead the way with the younger guys and improve his explosiveness there?

So many questions.
In H.S. Jordan never had to block, the passing game was all about him and the one outside guy. Blocking is new for him since he got to USU. He was leaps and bounds better this year than last as Yost said NO BLOCKEE, NO PLAYEE.....I'm sure he will improve.
And you are exactly right, Jordan got put behind AV, not because of the skill set because they are about even, but because the last coaching staff wanted the SRs to get a chance to put some numbers up. The start of the season #16 & #11 switched off more, then there was the concussion before the CSU game for Jordan and he lost momentum there.
I'd forgotten about his concussion. Is he suffering any ill-effects? I remember you downplaying it then. Is your view the same now that he has a couple of months of recovery?

Blocking is a mindset. Old linemen like me are always puzzled when we hear stories about guys playing however many seasons of little league, 4 years of HS, and a couple of years of college, and are just getting used to the notion that there's another way to be useful than catching or running fakes.
He's fine, but because he had one last year, that one was very bad (during the Hawaii game) he had to sit out longer - but he passed all protocol within a few days.
His HS coaches just never taught him the fundamentals of blocking and he just never felt he had to - He was a little spoiled then by the coaches because of his ability. He played corner too and only wrapped up a couple of times, he focused more on interceptions. His attitude has improved so much now and he doesn't play with the sense of entitlement anymore.
Interesting. I've never seen anything remotely prima donna-ish from him since he got to Logan.
Yea, his redshirt year was a challenge. He flat out told both Wells he was better than Rayshad (remember him?) and that he was only starting starting because of who is Dad was....I was soooo mad at him for that but sitting out humbled him quite a bit


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

NVAggie
Posts: 16171
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 625 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by NVAggie » January 7th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Is NVAggie an (please mark one):

_____ (I can't express myself without swearing)
_____ ASSET



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 12:27 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Is NVAggie an (please mark one):

_____ a**
__X___ ASSET
;)


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

bull
Posts: 92
Joined: September 16th, 2016, 4:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by bull » January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm

Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 12:49 pm

bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Maybe not, but that's not something you say to a Coach at one of his 1st practices ever....OMG

I get Blue believe it or not....


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

AggieFBObsession
Posts: 833
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by AggieFBObsession » January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm

bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm
bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.
I was reading the other posts that Blue was talking about and they did get a little butt hurt when their student was being criticized, my point, really was that you can't always be negative. I mean, we rarely heard from Blue during this season, probably because there wasn't too much to complain about. I just would like for him to participate through good and bad.
I'm sure the athletes are used to the talking but reinforce them too, when they mess up they are already in their own heads, the coaches are in their ear or pulling them out, fans in the stands, etc etc....I respectfully request USUBlue to change his name to Eeyore.... :lol:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2582
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 7th, 2019, 1:08 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm
bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.
I was reading the other posts that Blue was talking about and they did get a little butt hurt when their student was being criticized, my point, really was that you can't always be negative. I mean, we rarely heard from Blue during this season, probably because there wasn't too much to complain about. I just would like for him to participate through good and bad.
I'm sure the athletes are used to the talking but reinforce them too, when they mess up they are already in their own heads, the coaches are in their ear or pulling them out, fans in the stands, etc etc....I respectfully request USUBlue to change his name to Eeyore.... :lol:
Truer words have perhaps never been spoken.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Donman
Posts: 2533
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by Donman » January 7th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Every parent thinks their child is the best player on the team. Anyone who has spent any time coaching youth sports understands this.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 1:20 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm
bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.
I was reading the other posts that Blue was talking about and they did get a little butt hurt when their student was being criticized, my point, really was that you can't always be negative. I mean, we rarely heard from Blue during this season, probably because there wasn't too much to complain about. I just would like for him to participate through good and bad.
I'm sure the athletes are used to the talking but reinforce them too, when they mess up they are already in their own heads, the coaches are in their ear or pulling them out, fans in the stands, etc etc....I respectfully request USUBlue to change his name to Eeyore.... :lol:
Or you ignore the positive that I post. I remember specifically posting about one of Jordan's touchdown catches where he laid out in the end zone and made a difficult catch. I watch for the very good -- I assume most scholarship players can do the average and don't comment much on those things. So I watch for the very good and the poor. Positive or Negative -- I don't really care how you define that.

Just to see if you're balanced with me Tania -- tell me one time I criticized Jordan's play? Then tell me where I praised his play. I think you'll be surprised by what you come up with.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5191
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by Aglicious » January 7th, 2019, 1:20 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Is NVAggie an (please mark one):

_Smart_ (I can't express myself without swearing)
_____ ASSET
Done.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 1:30 pm

USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:20 pm
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm
bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.
I was reading the other posts that Blue was talking about and they did get a little butt hurt when their student was being criticized, my point, really was that you can't always be negative. I mean, we rarely heard from Blue during this season, probably because there wasn't too much to complain about. I just would like for him to participate through good and bad.
I'm sure the athletes are used to the talking but reinforce them too, when they mess up they are already in their own heads, the coaches are in their ear or pulling them out, fans in the stands, etc etc....I respectfully request USUBlue to change his name to Eeyore.... :lol:
Or you ignore the positive that I post. I remember specifically posting about one of Jordan's touchdown catches where he laid out in the end zone and made a difficult catch. I watch for the very good -- I assume most scholarship players can do the average and don't comment much on those things. So I watch for the very good and the poor. Positive or Negative -- I don't really care how you define that.

Just to see if you're balanced with me Tania -- tell me one time I criticized Jordan's play? Then tell me where I praised his play. I think you'll be surprised by what you come up with.
Here we go....I didn't say Jordan specifically, just that you don't have much positive to say which is why no one heard much from you this season. Don't start this all over again....I don't want to be a target due to your lack of USU Football or sleep or whatever it is....NO NEW YEAR NEW YOU huh Blue.......sheesh


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3310
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by ratofallaggies » January 7th, 2019, 1:49 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:20 pm
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm
bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.
I was reading the other posts that Blue was talking about and they did get a little butt hurt when their student was being criticized, my point, really was that you can't always be negative. I mean, we rarely heard from Blue during this season, probably because there wasn't too much to complain about. I just would like for him to participate through good and bad.
I'm sure the athletes are used to the talking but reinforce them too, when they mess up they are already in their own heads, the coaches are in their ear or pulling them out, fans in the stands, etc etc....I respectfully request USUBlue to change his name to Eeyore.... :lol:
Or you ignore the positive that I post. I remember specifically posting about one of Jordan's touchdown catches where he laid out in the end zone and made a difficult catch. I watch for the very good -- I assume most scholarship players can do the average and don't comment much on those things. So I watch for the very good and the poor. Positive or Negative -- I don't really care how you define that.

Just to see if you're balanced with me Tania -- tell me one time I criticized Jordan's play? Then tell me where I praised his play. I think you'll be surprised by what you come up with.
Here we go....I didn't say Jordan specifically, just that you don't have much positive to say which is why no one heard much from you this season. Don't start this all over again....I don't want to be a target due to your lack of USU Football or sleep or whatever it is....NO NEW YEAR NEW YOU huh Blue.......sheesh
Tania - Don't feed the bears....



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13779
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by brownjeans » January 7th, 2019, 2:10 pm

Stating that a player is "limited" isn't much of a statement. 99.9% of players are limited. Even pros. Not every player is good at everything. Nearly all have limitations, things they don't do well.

What I've seen in sports is that some coaches focus on the flaws of their players, constantly criticizing and working to develop and improve that problem area. While it's good to improve weaknesses, you can't do it at the cost of a player's strength. Players and coaches can become so consumed with that weakness that the strengths disappear. Other coaches find the players strengths, make use of them, putting that player into a position where he can excel at the things he does well. The coach then knits players together in ways where each player's strength compliments each other into a team concept. Coaches who do this are usually much more successful.



NVAggie
Posts: 16171
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 625 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by NVAggie » January 7th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:20 pm
NVAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Is NVAggie an (please mark one):

_Smart_ a**
_____ ASSET
Done.
That is improper English.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 2:28 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:20 pm
taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm
bull wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ha ha ha! I’m not sure Jordan was wrong about Rayshad.
I think Blue is saying more parents should be like you Tania. Critiquing their skill is not saying we don’t like them or they should be kicked off campus. We are simply pationate and competitive. Some parents (Not Tania) can’t see that.
Although this is a fan's message board and most here are passionate about the Aggies, players should become habituated to the idea that people will criticize their play. This is a sad reality of life that there will always be "haters". Even the people that like you will be critical of you in certain ways. Every adult has to face this reality.

I think USUBlue's request, albeit not put in the best words (strange for a lawyer), is valid because he's basically asking a parent who reads this board and posts here with a certain frequency to give an opinion on this subject.

I'm very grateful that tania finds time to do this because it's helpful for the fans to understand what it's like to be a parent and a student athlete. So, thank you! Please keep it coming.

Regarding critiquing players' performances on the field, I really don't think it's a big deal and I wish fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. The players already know which voices they should listen to most and which ones they shouldn't.
I was reading the other posts that Blue was talking about and they did get a little butt hurt when their student was being criticized, my point, really was that you can't always be negative. I mean, we rarely heard from Blue during this season, probably because there wasn't too much to complain about. I just would like for him to participate through good and bad.
I'm sure the athletes are used to the talking but reinforce them too, when they mess up they are already in their own heads, the coaches are in their ear or pulling them out, fans in the stands, etc etc....I respectfully request USUBlue to change his name to Eeyore.... :lol:
Or you ignore the positive that I post. I remember specifically posting about one of Jordan's touchdown catches where he laid out in the end zone and made a difficult catch. I watch for the very good -- I assume most scholarship players can do the average and don't comment much on those things. So I watch for the very good and the poor. Positive or Negative -- I don't really care how you define that.

Just to see if you're balanced with me Tania -- tell me one time I criticized Jordan's play? Then tell me where I praised his play. I think you'll be surprised by what you come up with.
Here we go....I didn't say Jordan specifically, just that you don't have much positive to say which is why no one heard much from you this season. Don't start this all over again....I don't want to be a target due to your lack of USU Football or sleep or whatever it is....NO NEW YEAR NEW YOU huh Blue.......sheesh
Exactly what I thought. Positive v. Negative is perception. I haven't said anything negative about Jordan -- he is an average player at the D1 level, and his work ethic and attitude keeps him from making many poor plays. When he makes an exceptional play, I take notice and comment. There are plenty of cheerleaders and bandwagon fans that will praise the average and ignore the poor, I'm just not one of them. No change here Tania -- someone's got to bring balance to the love fest.



aggieup15
Posts: 60
Joined: January 4th, 2019, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by aggieup15 » January 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm

USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
I never said only praise should be given to Quinn & you’re the one who also said you knew Quinn’s family? I don’t know his family, I know him, but that never was the reason I commented on threads. My comment was correcting your inaccurate information, that is all. I am also friends with other players I have commented about, I don’t understand how that would lead to talking to the AD? It wouldn’t do anything, but if it makes you feel better you sure could. I haven’t seen one member of Beans or Taylor’s family comment, I don’t understand your distress for this concern.

Just like you have your opinions, it’s ok for others to voice theirs if they think you’re wrong and can back it up with stats and facts. No need to cry about being a cheerleader or “thin skinned” if people are simply correcting you with actually statistics. I’m sorry if you offend easily, I’m just here trying to voice my opinion on this program, didn’t mean to make you cry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 2:38 pm

aggieup15 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm
USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
I never said only praise should be given to Quinn & you’re the one who also said you knew Quinn’s family? I don’t know his family, I know him, but that never was the reason I commented on threads. My comment was correcting your inaccurate information, that is all. I am also friends with other players I have commented about, I don’t understand how that would lead to talking to the AD? It wouldn’t do anything, but if it makes you feel better you sure could. I haven’t seen one member of Beans or Taylor’s family comment, I don’t understand your distress for this concern.

Just like you have your opinions, it’s ok for others to voice theirs if they think you’re wrong and can back it up with stats and facts. No need to cry about being a cheerleader or “thin skinned” if people are simply correcting you with actually statistics. I’m sorry if you offend easily, I’m just here trying to voice my opinion on this program, didn’t mean to make you cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey dude, this is the FBall board. There's plenty of room to hash out Quinn's strengths and weaknesses on the BBall board. Tania doesn't want this going to 3 pages.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by taniataylor » January 7th, 2019, 2:39 pm

USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:38 pm
aggieup15 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm
USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
I never said only praise should be given to Quinn & you’re the one who also said you knew Quinn’s family? I don’t know his family, I know him, but that never was the reason I commented on threads. My comment was correcting your inaccurate information, that is all. I am also friends with other players I have commented about, I don’t understand how that would lead to talking to the AD? It wouldn’t do anything, but if it makes you feel better you sure could. I haven’t seen one member of Beans or Taylor’s family comment, I don’t understand your distress for this concern.

Just like you have your opinions, it’s ok for others to voice theirs if they think you’re wrong and can back it up with stats and facts. No need to cry about being a cheerleader or “thin skinned” if people are simply correcting you with actually statistics. I’m sorry if you offend easily, I’m just here trying to voice my opinion on this program, didn’t mean to make you cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey dude, this is the FBall board. There's plenty of room to hash out Quinn's strengths and weaknesses on the BBall board. Tania doesn't want this going to 3 pages.
OMG - I wish this thread didn't even exist


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggieup15
Posts: 60
Joined: January 4th, 2019, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by aggieup15 » January 7th, 2019, 2:41 pm

USUBlue wrote:
aggieup15 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm
USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
I never said only praise should be given to Quinn & you’re the one who also said you knew Quinn’s family? I don’t know his family, I know him, but that never was the reason I commented on threads. My comment was correcting your inaccurate information, that is all. I am also friends with other players I have commented about, I don’t understand how that would lead to talking to the AD? It wouldn’t do anything, but if it makes you feel better you sure could. I haven’t seen one member of Beans or Taylor’s family comment, I don’t understand your distress for this concern.

Just like you have your opinions, it’s ok for others to voice theirs if they think you’re wrong and can back it up with stats and facts. No need to cry about being a cheerleader or “thin skinned” if people are simply correcting you with actually statistics. I’m sorry if you offend easily, I’m just here trying to voice my opinion on this program, didn’t mean to make you cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey dude, this is the FBall board. There's plenty of room to hash out Quinn's strengths and weaknesses on the BBall board. Tania doesn't want this going to 3 pages.

You made it b-ball when you mentioned basketball...duh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 2:47 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:39 pm
USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:38 pm
aggieup15 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm
USUBlue wrote:A serious question. Others have fought with Mark Davis about his son Kyle and how good he was or was not, and his transfer; there are many other examples none of which ended positively. Others have come on this board and expected their kids to be praised rather than evaluate their play.

Now we have a basketball family, the Taylor’s, and their friends (like aggieup15) that thinks only praise should be given to the players. It is now considered “ harsh” to say that Quinn doesn’t have great athletic ability or lateral quickness, and had a bad defensive game against Air Force. Only praising his shooting, rebounding and lack of turnovers is acceptable. Apparently we all need to become cheerleaders for these thin skinned families.

So my question to you, Tania, if we post on the football forum that we don’t think Jordan is an all-conference type player, but a solid receiver, Should we just go to war? Jordan doesn’t appear to be an NFL type player, so there must be limitations to his game. Can those be discussed, or by simply having families on the board, have we limited real conversation. In short, Is it healthy for parents and their families and friends to be on these boards where they stop by for a year or two and then leave. Can they really allow others to be objective without their bias becoming just unreasonable I want your thoughts Tania?

Along these lines I am going to be meeting with the A.D. to discuss the appropriateness of the families and their friends to be on these boards. Perhaps there needs to be an AD policy against players and their families being on fan boards. They still can self-promote on Twitter, etc. I can’t think of many situations where families being on the boards has ended well.
I never said only praise should be given to Quinn & you’re the one who also said you knew Quinn’s family? I don’t know his family, I know him, but that never was the reason I commented on threads. My comment was correcting your inaccurate information, that is all. I am also friends with other players I have commented about, I don’t understand how that would lead to talking to the AD? It wouldn’t do anything, but if it makes you feel better you sure could. I haven’t seen one member of Beans or Taylor’s family comment, I don’t understand your distress for this concern.

Just like you have your opinions, it’s ok for others to voice theirs if they think you’re wrong and can back it up with stats and facts. No need to cry about being a cheerleader or “thin skinned” if people are simply correcting you with actually statistics. I’m sorry if you offend easily, I’m just here trying to voice my opinion on this program, didn’t mean to make you cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey dude, this is the FBall board. There's plenty of room to hash out Quinn's strengths and weaknesses on the BBall board. Tania doesn't want this going to 3 pages.
OMG - I wish this thread didn't even exist
Your wish is my command Tania. Just wanted to make a point and get your take (since I consider you more reasonable), Positive v. Negative is a perception. Jordan has been treated well by me -- he's earned it with his play; not by the color of jersey he wears, the family or friends he has, or any other sense of entitlement. Cheerleaders think that people that aren't cheering are negative; fans wonder why we don't win more and want answers. I get it! My part of this thread is over.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by ChicAggie » January 7th, 2019, 2:56 pm

USUBlue is an attorney!?!! Seriously? Where did he get his JD? BYU? Is he a personal injury attorney? This may be the most self-aggrandizing, attention seeking thread in the history of this board, and I am somewhat ashamed to contribute to its continuation. I'm going to run to the principal's office? Wow.

Oh, and I agree with all of the plaudits for Tania. She has definitely earned a title. "Mayor of Merlin Olsen Field?" "Her Majesty of Maverik Stadium?" "Goddess of the Gridiron?" "The Lady of Logan?" "Big Blue Baroness?" "The Aggie Abbess?"

Okay, Big Blue Baroness may not be the best choice . . . .


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 3:00 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:56 pm
USUBlue is an attorney!?!! Seriously? Where did he get his JD? BYU? Is he a personal injury attorney? This may be the most self-aggrandizing, attention seeking thread in the history of this board, and I am somewhat ashamed to contribute to its continuation. I'm going to run to the principal's office? Wow.

Oh, and I agree with all of the plaudits for Tania. She has definitely earned a title. "Mayor of Merlin Olsen Field?" "Her Majesty of Maverik Stadium?" "Goddess of the Gridiron?" "The Lady of Logan?" "Big Blue Baroness?" "The Aggie Abbess?"

Okay, Big Blue Baroness may not be the best choice . . . .
Well given your stellar high school career at Logan High, I don't imagine you should be judging anyone else's work.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by ChicAggie » January 7th, 2019, 3:03 pm

USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:00 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:56 pm
USUBlue is an attorney!?!! Seriously? Where did he get his JD? BYU? Is he a personal injury attorney? This may be the most self-aggrandizing, attention seeking thread in the history of this board, and I am somewhat ashamed to contribute to its continuation. I'm going to run to the principal's office? Wow.

Oh, and I agree with all of the plaudits for Tania. She has definitely earned a title. "Mayor of Merlin Olsen Field?" "Her Majesty of Maverik Stadium?" "Goddess of the Gridiron?" "The Lady of Logan?" "Big Blue Baroness?" "The Aggie Abbess?"

Okay, Big Blue Baroness may not be the best choice . . . .
Well given your stellar high school career at Logan High, I don't imagine you should be judging anyone else's work.
LOL. So you ARE a PI attorney who earned his JD from BYU? You have no idea who I am. Did not attend Logan High, and did not get my JD from a crap school like BYU. Just guessing BYU based on your attitude on this board.
Last edited by ChicAggie on January 7th, 2019, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Donman
Posts: 2533
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by Donman » January 7th, 2019, 3:06 pm

I will say in a fight, Tania would kick USUBLUe's butt.



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2282
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Tania - Should We Fight?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » January 7th, 2019, 3:11 pm

LOL @ scheduling an appointment with the AD because people don’t agree with everything you say on the internet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

Locked Previous topicNext topic