Zach Moss Returning

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Chatman
Posts: 958
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am

Zach Moss Returning

Post by Chatman » January 7th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Just curious, why does it seem that great players on other teams seem to stick around and not go to the NFL but as soon as we get one they are a shoe in to leave. I’m happy for our guys who are leaving but not sure the reason these guys aren’t too.

https://kslsports.com/403909/four-utes- ... or-season/



AggieUprising50
Posts: 378
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by AggieUprising50 » January 7th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Having a legit shot at winning the PAC 12 and making the playoffs next year definitely helps Utah’s case.

I’m just crossing my fingers that Tipa stays another year. Anybody have an update on this one?



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 1963
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 7th, 2019, 2:55 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Having a legit shot at winning the PAC 12 and making the playoffs next year definitely helps Utah’s case.

I’m just crossing my fingers that Tipa stays another year. Anybody have an update on this one?
Hahaha! You seem to be coming into contact with way too many Utes these days that are drinking a kool-aid just as powerful as anything they are serving in Utah County. The Utes couldn't win the PAC-12 when they were gifted their worst divisional slate ever.

@ USC, @ Washington, vs Wazzu, and vs UCLA. There's no chance they will win all four of those. They are likely to lose two of them, and that will be the end of their Natty hopes. Although I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing Bama or Clemson beat them by four touchdowns in a semifinal game.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Sl7vk
Posts: 89
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by Sl7vk » January 7th, 2019, 3:22 pm

I've said it here before and got blasted, declaring early isn't necessarily a positive for the athlete.
I've changed my mind on Dax based on his age, but Darwin and Tipa, I still think are making mistakes. Time will tell and their draft position ability to hold a roster spot will determine who's right on this in the long run.....



AggieUprising50
Posts: 378
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by AggieUprising50 » January 7th, 2019, 3:43 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:55 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Having a legit shot at winning the PAC 12 and making the playoffs next year definitely helps Utah’s case.

I’m just crossing my fingers that Tipa stays another year. Anybody have an update on this one?
Hahaha! You seem to be coming into contact with way too many Utes these days that are drinking a kool-aid just as powerful as anything they are serving in Utah County. The Utes couldn't win the PAC-12 when they were gifted their worst divisional slate ever.

@ USC, @ Washington, vs Wazzu, and vs UCLA. There's no chance they will win all four of those. They are likely to lose two of them, and that will be the end of their Natty hopes. Although I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing Bama or Clemson beat them by four touchdowns in a semifinal game.
I have a lot of family and friends who are Utes. They have made several good points of why they have reason to be excited for next year.

They were only one bad pass from winning the PAC-12 this year, and return about 17-18 starters. Washington loses their QB, Gaskin, their top LB, and both of their corners. Wazzu loses their QB. Utah wrecked both USC and UCLA last year and seeing that they return most of their team next year, chances are it will happen again.

Oregon on the road would has the biggest chance of beating them imho.

Either way, Im and Aggie and I wish the Utes would man up and play us.



hickaggie
Posts: 2726
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by hickaggie » January 7th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:22 pm
I've said it here before and got blasted, declaring early isn't necessarily a positive for the athlete.
I've changed my mind on Dax based on his age, but Darwin and Tipa, I still think are making mistakes. Time will tell and their draft position ability to hold a roster spot will determine who's right on this in the long run.....
Tipa, I think you are correct on. He's kind of the NFL's version of a tweener and needs to bulk up a bit. Darwin is a no brainer because of his position and associated risks. RBs only have so many carries in them.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 1963
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 7th, 2019, 4:28 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:43 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:55 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Having a legit shot at winning the PAC 12 and making the playoffs next year definitely helps Utah’s case.

I’m just crossing my fingers that Tipa stays another year. Anybody have an update on this one?
Hahaha! You seem to be coming into contact with way too many Utes these days that are drinking a kool-aid just as powerful as anything they are serving in Utah County. The Utes couldn't win the PAC-12 when they were gifted their worst divisional slate ever.

@ USC, @ Washington, vs Wazzu, and vs UCLA. There's no chance they will win all four of those. They are likely to lose two of them, and that will be the end of their Natty hopes. Although I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing Bama or Clemson beat them by four touchdowns in a semifinal game.
I have a lot of family and friends who are Utes. They have made several good points of why they have reason to be excited for next year.

They were only one bad pass from winning the PAC-12 this year, and return about 17-18 starters. Washington loses their QB, Gaskin, their top LB, and both of their corners. Wazzu loses their QB. Utah wrecked both USC and UCLA last year and seeing that they return most of their team next year, chances are it will happen again.

Oregon on the road would has the biggest chance of beating them imho.

Either way, Im and Aggie and I wish the Utes would man up and play us.
USC will likely bounce back quickly with Kingsbury running the offense (assuming he doesn't get poached). You can see the strides that UCLA made in the second half of the season with Chip Kelly. I would guess they are already competitive to start the year. Oregon is, in my eyes, the best team in the PAC-12 (not like that means much), and Washington is now bringing in its fourth straight Top 25 recruiting class. Add in the fact that Mike Leach could coach me to a 4,000 yard passing season, and I'm really quite sure that there are enough stumbling blocks for the Utes (we didn't even mention their annual loss to an Arizona team).


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Chatman
Posts: 958
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by Chatman » January 7th, 2019, 4:38 pm

hickaggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 4:09 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:22 pm
I've said it here before and got blasted, declaring early isn't necessarily a positive for the athlete.
I've changed my mind on Dax based on his age, but Darwin and Tipa, I still think are making mistakes. Time will tell and their draft position ability to hold a roster spot will determine who's right on this in the long run.....
Tipa, I think you are correct on. He's kind of the NFL's version of a tweener and needs to bulk up a bit. Darwin is a no brainer because of his position and associated risks. RBs only have so many carries in them.
No risk for Zach Moss? Going to risk his payday for a PAC 12 championship?



Blitz79
Posts: 905
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by Blitz79 » January 7th, 2019, 4:39 pm

CSU is losing a couple of guys to the draft early. Does that make you feel better OP?



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 1963
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 7th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:22 pm
I've said it here before and got blasted, declaring early isn't necessarily a positive for the athlete.
I've changed my mind on Dax based on his age, but Darwin and Tipa, I still think are making mistakes. Time will tell and their draft position ability to hold a roster spot will determine who's right on this in the long run.....
I don't think we've heard anything definitive on Tipa yet, right?


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by brownjeans » January 7th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Who's Zach Moss?



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5238
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by aggies22 » January 7th, 2019, 5:52 pm

brownjeans wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 4:52 pm
Who's Zach Moss?
I like this answer.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 6686
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by dyedblue » January 7th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Utah will not win their division because they cannot score the ball. The only reason moss is coming back is because he is always hurt and has to prove he can stay healthy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Cows-n-aggies
Posts: 8
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 10:27 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by Cows-n-aggies » January 7th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Dumb move by Moss. Bruce Love came back and went from the Heisman runner up- to “where’d he go” status


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4195
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 7th, 2019, 9:45 pm

It's easy to be sad based on one data point, but Utah loses other players to the NFL early. And other great teams as well lose players early.



Murkymerk
Posts: 139
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 10:53 am

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by Murkymerk » January 8th, 2019, 8:41 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 4:28 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:43 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:55 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Having a legit shot at winning the PAC 12 and making the playoffs next year definitely helps Utah’s case.

I’m just crossing my fingers that Tipa stays another year. Anybody have an update on this one?
Hahaha! You seem to be coming into contact with way too many Utes these days that are drinking a kool-aid just as powerful as anything they are serving in Utah County. The Utes couldn't win the PAC-12 when they were gifted their worst divisional slate ever.

@ USC, @ Washington, vs Wazzu, and vs UCLA. There's no chance they will win all four of those. They are likely to lose two of them, and that will be the end of their Natty hopes. Although I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing Bama or Clemson beat them by four touchdowns in a semifinal game.
I have a lot of family and friends who are Utes. They have made several good points of why they have reason to be excited for next year.

They were only one bad pass from winning the PAC-12 this year, and return about 17-18 starters. Washington loses their QB, Gaskin, their top LB, and both of their corners. Wazzu loses their QB. Utah wrecked both USC and UCLA last year and seeing that they return most of their team next year, chances are it will happen again.

Oregon on the road would has the biggest chance of beating them imho.

Either way, Im and Aggie and I wish the Utes would man up and play us.
USC will likely bounce back quickly with Kingsbury running the offense (assuming he doesn't get poached). You can see the strides that UCLA made in the second half of the season with Chip Kelly. I would guess they are already competitive to start the year. Oregon is, in my eyes, the best team in the PAC-12 (not like that means much), and Washington is now bringing in its fourth straight Top 25 recruiting class. Add in the fact that Mike Leach could coach me to a 4,000 yard passing season, and I'm really quite sure that there are enough stumbling blocks for the Utes (we didn't even mention their annual loss to an Arizona team).
This is correct. The Utes blew their chance of winning the PAC 12, and I don’t see them having another legit chance for a few years. Sure other teams are losing key players, but remind your Ute friends that the mighty swoops are losing guys too. Including their two best linebackers and their all-world kicker/punter duo.



taniataylor
Posts: 1233
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by taniataylor » January 8th, 2019, 9:23 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:22 pm
I've said it here before and got blasted, declaring early isn't necessarily a positive for the athlete.
I've changed my mind on Dax based on his age, but Darwin and Tipa, I still think are making mistakes. Time will tell and their draft position ability to hold a roster spot will determine who's right on this in the long run.....
I don't think we've heard anything definitive on Tipa yet, right?
Not yet, Jordan told me when I originally posted this, that this was what Tipa was thinking, nothing for sure. I personally think they all need more PT, including Dax & DT to drive their stock up.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

NVAggie
Posts: 14183
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!

Re: Zach Moss Returning

Post by NVAggie » January 8th, 2019, 10:38 am

After reviewing this thread, I am now certain that Utah will win the PAC 12.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic