Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 790
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 53 times

Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 11th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Question for Aggies22...Do we have room/interest in Hunt coming to USU. He seems like he could contribute and I believe he would have two years...thoughts? Also saw that Tevita Mounga is transferring from BYU...any possible interest in him? It would provide depth to an already deep defensive front.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6731
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1177 times
Been liked: 585 times
Contact:

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by aggies22 » January 11th, 2019, 6:36 pm

I'm sure there would be interested in Hunter. Especially since he was interested in Utah State the first time around. The dilemma that we are going to have in regards to transfers is that we are rapidly running out of room. The only way we are going to bring in any transfers is for us to be able to sign them in late spring and push them forward and count them toward the 2020 signing class.



slcagg
Posts: 3027
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by slcagg » January 11th, 2019, 6:40 pm

I saw he is not officially transferring until after the spring semester. So I don’t think he could sign anywhere until that time.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by ineptimusprime » January 11th, 2019, 7:32 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 6:36 pm
I'm sure there would be interested in Hunter. Especially since he was interested in Utah State the first time around. The dilemma that we are going to have in regards to transfers is that we are rapidly running out of room. The only way we are going to bring in any transfers is for us to be able to sign them in late spring and push them forward and count them toward the 2020 signing class.
How many scholarships do we have left for this signing period?



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6731
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1177 times
Been liked: 585 times
Contact:

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by aggies22 » January 11th, 2019, 7:39 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 7:32 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 6:36 pm
I'm sure there would be interested in Hunter. Especially since he was interested in Utah State the first time around. The dilemma that we are going to have in regards to transfers is that we are rapidly running out of room. The only way we are going to bring in any transfers is for us to be able to sign them in late spring and push them forward and count them toward the 2020 signing class.
How many scholarships do we have left for this signing period?
7 or 8. We are currently hoping to sign a HS RB, 2WRs, 2 OL and 3 DBs.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by ineptimusprime » January 11th, 2019, 8:11 pm

The 7 or 8 does not include sign and sends or push forwards, and assumes everyone already committed (but not signed) signs, or no?



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6731
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1177 times
Been liked: 585 times
Contact:

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by aggies22 » January 11th, 2019, 10:04 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 8:11 pm
The 7 or 8 does not include sign and sends or push forwards, and assumes everyone already committed (but not signed) signs, or no?
It does NOT include sign and send or push forwards. It also does NOT include current commits. The 7 or 8 remaining scholarships are all open spots that have NOT been spoken for.



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 219
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by BustaMcNutt » January 11th, 2019, 10:08 pm

It'd sure be nice to pick up some guys on the D-line for 2020. I feel like our entire 2 deep are seniors this coming season.



bullshot
Posts: 707
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 3:22 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by bullshot » January 12th, 2019, 4:31 pm

I thought we would be more like 9 to 10 remaining spaces &or 2019 because we are allowed 25 and we have 15 commits not counting the sign and sends. Is Lamar Dawson on the roster? And will Shaq Bond be able to even play next year?



taniataylor
Posts: 1451
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 194 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by taniataylor » January 12th, 2019, 4:45 pm

bullshot wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:31 pm
I thought we would be more like 9 to 10 remaining spaces &or 2019 because we are allowed 25 and we have 15 commits not counting the sign and sends. Is Lamar Dawson on the roster? And will Shaq Bond be able to even play next year?
Shaq Bond is rehabbing as of now and is expected back for summer


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6731
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1177 times
Been liked: 585 times
Contact:

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by aggies22 » January 12th, 2019, 5:18 pm

bullshot wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:31 pm
I thought we would be more like 9 to 10 remaining spaces &or 2019 because we are allowed 25 and we have 15 commits not counting the sign and sends. Is Lamar Dawson on the roster? And will Shaq Bond be able to even play next year?
We had 4 push forwards.



LKGates
Posts: 3206
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 142 times
Contact:

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by LKGates » January 12th, 2019, 10:20 pm

taniataylor wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:45 pm
bullshot wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:31 pm
I thought we would be more like 9 to 10 remaining spaces &or 2019 because we are allowed 25 and we have 15 commits not counting the sign and sends. Is Lamar Dawson on the roster? And will Shaq Bond be able to even play next year?
Shaq Bond is rehabbing as of now and is expected back for summer
Ever since Chuckie came back, in my opinion, too early, I worry about the kids coming back from injuries. I hope Shaq isn't going to push it too hard, too fast. He's such a great player, I'd hate to see him take unnecessary risks.


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

Smokin Joe
Posts: 3422
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Mufi Hunt transferring from Michigan State

Post by Smokin Joe » January 13th, 2019, 1:18 pm

LKGates wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 10:20 pm
taniataylor wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:45 pm
bullshot wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 4:31 pm
I thought we would be more like 9 to 10 remaining spaces &or 2019 because we are allowed 25 and we have 15 commits not counting the sign and sends. Is Lamar Dawson on the roster? And will Shaq Bond be able to even play next year?
Shaq Bond is rehabbing as of now and is expected back for summer
Ever since Chuckie came back, in my opinion, too early, I worry about the kids coming back from injuries. I hope Shaq isn't going to push it too hard, too fast. He's such a great player, I'd hate to see him take unnecessary risks.
Seems like I've read the recovery varies quite a bit from player to player.



Locked Previous topicNext topic