Top 5 MWC recruits

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
LKGates

Re: Top 5 MWC recruits

Post by LKGates » June 30th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Engineering isn't the only good prep for a patent law career. Biochemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacology are also great choices.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 30th, 2019, 11:50 pm

WAAggie wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:51 pm
I think tuition is like 48 and his scholarship is 43. He has his moms smarts and dads competitiveness. He did his EE in 4 years and was a div 1 scholarship swimmer so he knows how to manage time and study.

I just want Aggie season tickets for payback if I ever get back to Utah Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM me if you would rather but it’s not uncommon for IP lawyers to have degrees from relatively modestly ranked law schools and be very successful.

Our IP group has the highest billing rates, is crazy profitable, and I don’t think any went to top 50 schools.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 30th, 2019, 11:54 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 7:41 am
Wow, not what I was expecting.

Ok, I have a law school question too... My daughter (at USU) will be applying to law school next year. I think her application will be pretty competitive. Right now she wants to be a prosecutor and get into public service. I'm concerned that she will pay way way too much for law school (and therefore have huge student loans) for the salary that she will make as a public servant. Any thoughts on what type law school should she be looking at?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I agree with ineptimus on this. Most affordable school (include cost of living in this calculation) in the general region she wants to work.

Investigate loan forgiveness and scholarship programs certainly. Some organizations will give scholarships to students that want to do public interest work and you may not have to rely on law school scholarships which can come with major strings.

My class had a guy who scored 180 on the LSAT who had a full scholarship if he stayed in the top 1/3 of the class and lost it after his first year. Some third party scholarships are more stable.

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » July 1st, 2019, 8:16 am

Empire of Dirt wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 7:41 am
Wow, not what I was expecting.

Ok, I have a law school question too... My daughter (at USU) will be applying to law school next year. I think her application will be pretty competitive. Right now she wants to be a prosecutor and get into public service. I'm concerned that she will pay way way too much for law school (and therefore have huge student loans) for the salary that she will make as a public servant. Any thoughts on what type law school should she be looking at?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
As one that practiced as a prosecutor for about five years, I would say look for an affordable law school anywhere. I graduated from the University of Richmond in Virginia and then took a job as a prosecutor in Colorado. As long as the law school isn't bottom of the barrel, it shouldn't really matter where she goes unless it's top-25.

Prosecutor work has it's ups and downs. You don't have control over policy (that's the DA or City Attorney's job) so you have to enforce plea agreements that you may not agree with. Also, dealing with attorneys (both defense attorneys and other prosecutors) can be really difficult. However, for me there was nothing better than being in front of a jury making my case.

As far as my opinion regarding whether someone should or should not go to law school, I am no longer practicing as it wasn't something that brought me any joy anymore and it was killer on my work-life balance and mental health. However, I think law school (if priced reasonably) is very worth it. If I could do it over again, I would still go to law school, but I would look for a better priced option.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » July 1st, 2019, 8:50 am

I haven't read the whole thread, but thought I would pass on that USUFans has a "Foe" feature. If you mark a poster as a "Foe" all of their posts disappear from your feed. So since I marked the poster who started this thread as a "Foe" a long time ago none of his posts show up for me. The thread still did because all of you answered it - but his posts are blocked.

I highly recommend each one of the posters in this thread mark the poster from BSU as a "Foe". Just click on his username and follow the prompts. It takes less than a minute, and can be reversed in the future if you change your mind.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Locked Previous topicNext topic