Athlon Sports Pre-Spring 130

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times

Athlon Sports Pre-Spring 130

Post by aggies22 » March 6th, 2019, 9:11 am

Elkaggie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Athlon Sports Pre-Spring 130

Post by Elkaggie » March 6th, 2019, 9:40 am

Wow! I hope we live up to this at 31.

breadysmith
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by breadysmith » March 6th, 2019, 9:51 am

I kept scrolling up through the rankings and expecting to see the Aggies and I had to keep going and going. Really surprised at the ranking to honest with the O-line being depleted and losing so many skill players on offense, but there is talent and depth in the program so finishing that high is certainly doable.
These users liked this post from breadysmith:
sneed

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

LKGates
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by LKGates » March 6th, 2019, 9:59 am

If this is accurate (a big if), we should be favored over everyone except Boise and LSU.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times

Post by aggies22 » March 6th, 2019, 10:05 am

LKGates wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 9:59 am
If this is accurate (a big if), we should be favored over everyone except Boise and LSU.
Boise is at our house we'll be favored.

captain68
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 8 times

Post by captain68 » March 6th, 2019, 10:27 am

I don't feel like we are ranked too high at all. We lost our offensive line, but it seemed like Wells, and now Gary have gone on and on about the depth that we have at line. Really the only skill players that we lost were Thompson, Greene and Tarver. In my opinion Bright was every bit as good as Thompson, so I don't think we will feel Thompson leaving as badly as some think. I also believe that Scarver will step it up this year and be much improved at the receiver position. It looks like the Defensive line is still stout. We have some good linebackers coming back, and recruited the Defensive backs heavily in the offseason. I'm telling you, I'm drinking the blue Kool-Aid!! It's gonna be another great season in 2019!
Last edited by captain68 on March 6th, 2019, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post from captain68:
Machismo

breadysmith
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by breadysmith » March 6th, 2019, 12:31 pm

captain...my only addition would be Dax...NFL caliber tight ends are valuable...even though we didn't use him as much as we should have. But Terrell is a good replacement...not as good but still.

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

ViAggie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by ViAggie » March 6th, 2019, 12:56 pm

ME LIKEY! I noticed we were mentioned in there at least four times, nice. :rock:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Madmartigan
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Madmartigan » March 7th, 2019, 10:30 am

captain68 wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 10:27 am
I don't feel like we are ranked too high at all. We lost our offensive line, but it seemed like Wells, and now Gary have gone on and on about the depth that we have at line. Really the only skill players that we lost were Thompson, Greene and Tarver. In my opinion Bright was every bit as good as Thompson, so I don't think we will feel Thompson leaving as badly as some think. I also believe that Scarver will step it up this year and be much improved at the receiver position. It looks like the Defensive line is still stout. We have some good linebackers coming back, and recruited the Defensive backs heavily in the offseason. I'm telling you, I'm drinking the blue Kool-Aid!! It's gonna be another great season in 2019!
We lost our four best pass catchers: Tarver, Greene, Vaughans, and Raymond. Bright is good, and Thompson is good. A big reason both were good is that neither of them had to do it all alone. Thompson is a freak athlete we don't see in these parts everyday. I think we will miss him a lot.
We have a lot of question marks that make me nervous: Brand new coaching staff (mostly), losing 4/5 starting OLs, losing an NFL caliber back+ NFL caliber TE, and losing three other very good WRs. That combined with a very difficult schedule has me less optimistic than you.
These users liked this post from Madmartigan:
Intermeddler

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic