Mason Falslev

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 760
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 40 times

Mason Falslev

Post by GeorgiaAggie » March 13th, 2019, 9:03 am

Question for 22. Earlier Mason was listed as a Utah commit but currently it has Utah as a favorite and USU his other offer. Did he back off Utah and does USU have a shot at him?



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 713
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 13th, 2019, 9:37 am

Hopefully he wants to play for the undisputed best team in the state. Otherwise Utah is a fine option.



Usu0505
Posts: 327
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Usu0505 » March 13th, 2019, 9:43 am

I thought he was a basketball recruit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 760
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by GeorgiaAggie » March 13th, 2019, 9:48 am

Usu0505 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 9:43 am
I thought he was a basketball recruit?
247 has him as a WR but maybe he'll play both in college.
Last edited by GeorgiaAggie on March 13th, 2019, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.



Usu0505
Posts: 327
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Usu0505 » March 13th, 2019, 9:49 am

Ok. I guess I misunderstood.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by aggies22 » March 13th, 2019, 10:23 am

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 9:03 am
Question for 22. Earlier Mason was listed as a Utah commit but currently it has Utah as a favorite and USU his other offer. Did he back off Utah and does USU have a shot at him?
This is what I can tell you. He's still committed to Utah hoops...... for now. I've had many a discussion about Mason. I've been led to believe that if Larry Krystkowiak is fired, Mason will no longer remain committed to Utah. I do know that both our coaching staffs think Mason is a great player but neither are involved with him because of his current commitment to Utah. But I can also tell you that no other schools have been by Sky View to recruit him either. I have also been led to believe that Mason would REALLY like to play both football and hoops in college. IF a school were to offer both options to him, I think he would jump at the opportunity. For numbers reasons, I think accepting a football scholarship would be best and he would make one helluva walk-on for the hoops team.
These users liked this post from aggies22. Total Likes: 3
sneedAggie in Boisethegreendalegelf



User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 760
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by GeorgiaAggie » March 13th, 2019, 11:38 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:23 am
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 9:03 am
Question for 22. Earlier Mason was listed as a Utah commit but currently it has Utah as a favorite and USU his other offer. Did he back off Utah and does USU have a shot at him?
This is what I can tell you. He's still committed to Utah hoops...... for now. I've had many a discussion about Mason. I've been led to believe that if Larry Krystkowiak is fired, Mason will no longer remain committed to Utah. I do know that both our coaching staffs think Mason is a great player but neither are involved with him because of his current commitment to Utah. But I can also tell you that no other schools have been by Sky View to recruit him either. I have also been led to believe that Mason would REALLY like to play both football and hoops in college. IF a school were to offer both options to him, I think he would jump at the opportunity. For numbers reasons, I think accepting a football scholarship would be best and he would make one helluva walk-on for the hoops team.
Thank you!



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by aggies22 » March 13th, 2019, 11:40 am

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 11:38 am
aggies22 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:23 am
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 9:03 am
Question for 22. Earlier Mason was listed as a Utah commit but currently it has Utah as a favorite and USU his other offer. Did he back off Utah and does USU have a shot at him?
This is what I can tell you. He's still committed to Utah hoops...... for now. I've had many a discussion about Mason. I've been led to believe that if Larry Krystkowiak is fired, Mason will no longer remain committed to Utah. I do know that both our coaching staffs think Mason is a great player but neither are involved with him because of his current commitment to Utah. But I can also tell you that no other schools have been by Sky View to recruit him either. I have also been led to believe that Mason would REALLY like to play both football and hoops in college. IF a school were to offer both options to him, I think he would jump at the opportunity. For numbers reasons, I think accepting a football scholarship would be best and he would make one helluva walk-on for the hoops team.
Thank you!
Anytime! You all know I'm good with answering any questions that are out there!



joeaggie
Posts: 158
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:26 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by joeaggie » March 13th, 2019, 11:52 am

22 whats you favorite color?😁😏



User avatar
usubobcat
Posts: 465
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 4:50 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by usubobcat » March 13th, 2019, 12:20 pm

joeaggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 11:52 am
22 whats you favorite color?😁😏
These users liked this post from usubobcat:
Agsman


Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by aggies22 » March 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm

joeaggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 11:52 am
22 whats you favorite color?😁😏
Aggie blue, white and pewter. :utah: :state:
These users liked this post from aggies22. Total Likes: 2
newtonianblueflying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 713
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 13th, 2019, 2:59 pm

If Krystkowiak is fired??? Holy **** that's a lot of bread. His contract runs through 2023 at $3.39M/year iirc. The U gonna pay him $13.5M to go get another coach, who they'll probably poach and have to pay his buyout, then what can they afford to actually pay the guy? I don't think the U can afford a $13.5M buyout. Maybe I'm way off base here tho.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by aggies22 » March 13th, 2019, 3:03 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 2:59 pm
If Krystkowiak is fired??? Holy **** that's a lot of bread. His contract runs through 2023 at $3.39M/year iirc. The U gonna pay him $13.5M to go get another coach, who they'll probably poach and have to pay his buyout, then what can they afford to actually pay the guy? I don't think the U can afford a $13.5M buyout. Maybe I'm way off base here tho.
I'm not in charge of the finances. All I know is what I've been told.



blueaggie
Posts: 755
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by blueaggie » March 13th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Why would they fire coack k? The Utes are the third seed in the pac 12 tournament. Go Aggies!



ThunderAggie
Posts: 253
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by ThunderAggie » March 13th, 2019, 3:29 pm

blueaggie wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Why would they fire coack k? The Utes are the third seed in the pac 12 tournament. Go Aggies!
3rd seed in PAC 12 is not as impressive as years past for sure....but still doing better than 9 other teams in their conference. If anything, those teams should fire their coaches before the U fires coach K. :lol:



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2117
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 13th, 2019, 4:37 pm

We missed on a similar opportunity with Britain Covey. Hopefully we get a little more coordination between football and basketball with this one!


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7381
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by ViAggie » March 13th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Coach K at Utah is NOT even close to being fired.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

NVAggie
Posts: 14954
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by NVAggie » March 14th, 2019, 7:41 am

Is Larry K going to adopt him too?



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by aggies22 » March 14th, 2019, 7:46 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 7:41 am
Is Larry K going to adopt him too?
I doubt it. :) The only reason Utah is in the picture is because he is good friends with Chris Jones' son Rylan.



KohnDome
Posts: 22
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 10:40 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by KohnDome » March 14th, 2019, 9:08 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 7:41 am
Is Larry K going to adopt him too?
That whole situation was Bull s*** in my opinion!! From the looks of it though he made the right decision, Green Canyon would’ve been pretty dang good in basketball if he was there this year though.



AggieVoice
Posts: 830
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by AggieVoice » March 19th, 2019, 4:29 pm

How do we get Falslev here? I'm especially interested in basketball. The kid is a total stud and would be the home town hero.



IdAggie
Posts: 125
Joined: December 9th, 2011, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by IdAggie » March 20th, 2019, 11:17 am

I know some of the Falslev family well and have talked to them about this. Falslev is very high on Smith and USU basketball right now. If he goes on his mission he could come back and wear Aggie blue. If he dosen't mission, the U is more likely, but USU is still on his mind. His family would prefer him being at USU. Have also been told that he would have support for trying to make both basketball and football work together here.
These users liked this post from IdAggie. Total Likes: 3
flying_scotsman2.02004AGIdaAg93



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 3775
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 20th, 2019, 11:59 am

IdAggie wrote:I know some of the Falslev family well and have talked to them about this. Falslev is very high on Smith and USU basketball right now. If he goes on his mission he could come back and wear Aggie blue. If he dosen't mission, the U is more likely, but USU is still on his mind. His family would prefer him being at USU. Have also been told that he would have support for trying to make both basketball and football work together here.
I get the whole "play in the Pac12" thing, but the future at USU is very bright right now, and I don't think things at the U in basketball are all unicorns and rainbows right now. And based on the past couple of years, the MWC isn't far off from the Pac12. Parker Van Dyke chased the Pac12 dream and never played in the NCAA tournament. The Aggies will almost certainly be a tournament team next year and beyond. If Falslev wants to play both sports, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk



Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 4841
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Aglicious » March 20th, 2019, 2:40 pm

PAC-12 or not, how many schools out there can offer playing for both a top 25 football and basketball team? The fact that one is in your back yard should be frosting.
These users liked this post from Aglicious:
Agsman



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2366
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 125 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by ChicAggie » March 20th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:59 am
And based on the past couple of years, the MWC isn't far off from the Pac12.
Indeed, the MWC ended the season with two top 25 teams. The PAC 12 had zero.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

NVAggie
Posts: 14954
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by NVAggie » March 20th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Yet we had two teams in the two major post season tournaments and they got 4 in.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2117
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:08 pm
Yet we had two teams in the two major post season tournaments and they got 4 in.
There is only one major postseason tournament. And the score is 3-2 for them. Their average seeding was 10.66, while ours was 7.5 (the lower the better).


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Usu0505
Posts: 327
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Usu0505 » March 20th, 2019, 6:41 pm

NVAggie wrote:Yet we had two teams in the two major post season tournaments and they got 4 in.
I know Washington, Oregon and ASU. Who is the 4th?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Blitz79
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Blitz79 » March 20th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 6:41 pm
NVAggie wrote:Yet we had two teams in the two major post season tournaments and they got 4 in.
I know Washington, Oregon and ASU. Who is the 4th?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colorado



Usu0505
Posts: 327
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Usu0505 » March 20th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Duh. I’m an idiot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Usu0505
Posts: 327
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by Usu0505 » March 20th, 2019, 6:45 pm

The NIT is a good tournament but as far as what tournaments potential recruits pay attention to I would guess it’s really only the ncaa.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



blueaggie
Posts: 755
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by blueaggie » March 21st, 2019, 5:21 am

How does the mountain west only get two ranked teams in the tournament and the pac 12 gets three unranked teams. It makes no sense! P5 bias at it's best! Go Aggies! Blow out Washington!



NVAggie
Posts: 14954
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by NVAggie » March 21st, 2019, 7:48 am

Honestly, I wonder if they would have included us in the NC2As if we had lost to SDSU.



superaggie
Posts: 557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:03 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by superaggie » March 21st, 2019, 8:41 am

Let this kid go. I don't want kids who think they are too good for Utah State University (especially from Cache Valley). If a kid is too stupid to see the value in being an Aggie and wants to go to the commuter school, then so be it. I am not going to pine for a naïve kid that buys into the Pac 12 propaganda. I have watch a lot of basketball this year and with the exception of a few teams in the nation, the MWC features teams with the same speed and athleticism that is featured in the power conferences. The NBA and NFL don't care where you go to school. Right now to get to the tourney no one in the state Utah has been able to do it on a consistent basis, so I don't know what propaganda the Pukes are selling. .



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2117
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 21st, 2019, 8:45 am

superaggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 8:41 am
Let this kid go. I don't want kids who think they are too good for Utah State University (especially from Cache Valley). If a kid is too stupid to see the value in being an Aggie and wants to go to the commuter school, then so be it. I am not going to pine for a naïve kid that buys into the Pac 12 propaganda. I have watch a lot of basketball this year and with the exception of a few teams in the nation, the MWC features teams with the same speed and athleticism that is featured in the power conferences. The NBA and NFL don't care where you go to school. Right now to get to the tourney no one in the state Utah has been able to do it on a consistent basis, so I don't know what propaganda the Pukes are selling. .
Oh wow 9:41 AM and we've already got the worst post of the day.
These users liked this post from YoungBloodAggie. Total Likes: 3
donlarson8bigblueIdaAg93


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic