How to not commit a recruiting violation

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FromLItoLogan

How to not commit a recruiting violation

Post by FromLItoLogan » April 3rd, 2019, 10:51 am

So USU just announced their partnership with UW for a camp of sorts in June. I'm from out east and my high school has a sophomore QB who started and balled out as a freshman last season. He's already considered one of the top prospects in the state for his recruiting class. Ive seen my high school coach tweet out things about him and tag different coaches from some D1 programs including SJSU and others. How do I make them aware of the event, just in case they're interested, without committing recruiting violations of some sort. Do I just DM the coach the announcement? I just know we don't tweet at recruits and since I don't know the kid, I don't want to take any chances.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: How to not commit a recruiting violation

Post by aggies22 » April 3rd, 2019, 11:26 am

PM me what you do know about him.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » April 3rd, 2019, 11:29 am

FromLItoLogan wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 10:51 am
So USU just announced their partnership with UW for a camp of sorts in June. I'm from out east and my high school has a sophomore QB who started and balled out as a freshman last season. He's already considered one of the top prospects in the state for his recruiting class. Ive seen my high school coach tweet out things about him and tag different coaches from some D1 programs including SJSU and others. How do I make them aware of the event, just in case they're interested, without committing recruiting violations of some sort. Do I just DM the coach the announcement? I just know we don't tweet at recruits and since I don't know the kid, I don't want to take any chances.
Unless you work for the athletic department, I don't think there is any rule against tweeting to recruits (it is typically just a good rule to follow because fans act like a horse's hindquarters most of the time). You are simply an interested party letting his coach (typically the best point of contact anyway) know about a camp (an NCAA approved activity).
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
aggies22

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » April 3rd, 2019, 8:04 pm

Whatever you are thinking don’t do it. After what has come out about LSU and violations at other major programs recently the NCAA needs to REALLY punish a mid major program to prove that they are serious about enforcing the whole student athlete thing.
These users thanked the author Cuchelain for the post:
donlarson8

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 3rd, 2019, 8:38 pm

Cuchelain wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 8:04 pm
Whatever you are thinking don’t do it. After what has come out about LSU and violations at other major programs recently the NCAA needs to REALLY punish a mid major program to prove that they are serious about enforcing the whole student athlete thing.
Unfortunately, they probably would.

Locked Previous topicNext topic