Interviews

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Full
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 11 times

Interviews

Post by Full » April 4th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Last edited by Full on April 4th, 2019, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post from Full. Total Likes: 2
aggies22Aggie_in_Idaho

Aggie84025
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Interviews

Post by Aggie84025 » April 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Great exposure to have 1280 up there during the practice and doing all the interviews.
These users liked this post from Aggie84025:
aggies22

Smokin Joe
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Smokin Joe » April 4th, 2019, 9:26 pm

Cougarboard is stewing about praise heaped on Jordan Love, so its all good.
These users liked this post from Smokin Joe:
aggies22

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » April 4th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Great exposure to have 1280 up there during the practice and doing all the interviews.
IMHO, just having GA here brings an added level of excitement and interest from the media. Just my idiosyncratic impression.
These users liked this post from Smokin Joe:
aggies22

dyedblue
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by dyedblue » April 4th, 2019, 9:56 pm

They came up here many times for Wells and he was on the radio a lot. Gary started that when he was here, but we got good exposure with Matt as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » April 4th, 2019, 10:33 pm

dyedblue wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 9:56 pm
They came up here many times for Wells and he was on the radio a lot. Gary started that when he was here, but we got good exposure with Matt as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True.

ususports
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Post by ususports » April 4th, 2019, 11:49 pm

dyedblue wrote:
While this is true, Matt was frequently snarky in his interviews, and I got the impression that some of the SLC media didn’t enjoy interviewing him. There is absolutely no question that the SLC media loves GA.

slcagg
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by slcagg » April 5th, 2019, 3:53 am

Love sounded older and wiser to me.

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 455 times
Been liked: 272 times

Post by aggies22 » April 5th, 2019, 7:15 am

ususports wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 11:49 pm
dyedblue wrote:
While this is true, Matt was frequently snarky in his interviews, and I got the impression that some of the SLC media didn’t enjoy interviewing him. There is absolutely no question that the SLC media loves GA.
I don't think Matt was snarky but he did have a dry sense of humor that not everyone always understood.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » April 5th, 2019, 9:34 am

My point was that there is something about GA that elevates the excitement level more than his predecessor. I think GA will put people in the stands and the SLC media likes him a lot.

Full
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Full » April 5th, 2019, 9:46 am

aggies22 wrote:I don't think Matt was snarky but he did have a dry sense of humor that not everyone always understood.
When someone asked a irrelevant or dumb question to Matt you could hear the disdain in his reply. He got better at masking it during his time here. With Gary, he understands that someone is asking him a dumb question and uses the opportunity to turn it into a conversation that he wants to have.

Ask Matt about BYU and Utah you get an answer that reflects he is the USU coach and he doesn’t follow what goes on teams he has little interest in. Gary with the same question will give a story about something related and then with a slight turn starts selling the program.

I don’t want it to come off like I’m bashing Matt. It honestly made some members of the media better at knowing they better prepare if they are going to take the coaches time. He was rightly short when he could tell someone, especially local talk radio, was expecting him to do the heavy lifting with very little knowledge or interest in USU football. I do think it is masterful how GA can take any question and use it to sell the program. I also like the wide range of information GA speaks about. GA interviews feel like reading a novel where you know the ending, but the voyage is interesting.
These users liked this post from Full:
ChicAggie

BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BigBlueDart » April 5th, 2019, 10:31 am

Full wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 9:46 am
aggies22 wrote:I don't think Matt was snarky but he did have a dry sense of humor that not everyone always understood.
When someone asked a irrelevant or dumb question to Matt you could hear the disdain in his reply. He got better at masking it during his time here. With Gary, he understands that someone is asking him a dumb question and uses the opportunity to turn it into a conversation that he wants to have.

Ask Matt about BYU and Utah you get an answer that reflects he is the USU coach and he doesn’t follow what goes on teams he has little interest in. Gary with the same question will give a story about something related and then with a slight turn starts selling the program.

I don’t want it to come off like I’m bashing Matt. It honestly made some members of the media better at knowing they better prepare if they are going to take the coaches time. He was rightly short when he could tell someone, especially local talk radio, was expecting him to do the heavy lifting with very little knowledge or interest in USU football. I do think it is masterful how GA can take any question and use it to sell the program. I also like the wide range of information GA speaks about. GA interviews feel like reading a novel where you know the ending, but the voyage is interesting.
I think this is a very fair assessment.

AndroidAggie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by AndroidAggie » April 5th, 2019, 10:52 am

GA definitely didn't sound burned out to me. Sounded like he never left.

kofdog
Been liked: 7 times

Post by kofdog » April 5th, 2019, 11:15 am

I just didn't enjoy listening to Matt like I do GA....not sure why, but I always went out of my way to listen to GA and so glad to have this again!..."at the end of the day..."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic