Raymond and Thompson

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgsRock
Posts: 26
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Raymond and Thompson

Post by AgsRock » April 22nd, 2019, 10:02 am

So where realistically do we think these two will get drafted. I searched the internet noting and found three seven round mock drafts. Raymond was predicted 3rd, 5th and 6th, while Thompson was a 7th rounder in all three (final pick in one draft)



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5038
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by 2004AG » April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am

It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Madmartigan
Posts: 2558
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by Madmartigan » April 22nd, 2019, 10:54 am

2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be he gets taken earlier, but I'm biased.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6047
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 22nd, 2019, 1:06 pm

I hope he gets taken in the top four rounds. If not, it only solidifies my thinking that these agents are willing to say anything to get these fairly unknown players to turn professional before they become well-known and a bidding war ensues.



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3277
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by ratofallaggies » April 22nd, 2019, 2:40 pm

There is something to be said about the complaints gathering surrounding the combine. If Darwin and RT would have been invited and put up the numbers they did at pro day, they would have been 3rd and 5th round picks respectively.



QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 15268
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by QuackAttackAggie » April 22nd, 2019, 5:18 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5792
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by USU78 » April 22nd, 2019, 6:41 pm

What's Ray Lynn Thompson got to do with anything?


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5038
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by 2004AG » April 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.
Unfortunately, If current projections are accurate, he gave up a free education to drop out and make very little money in Canada.

I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, because he’s good enough to make it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Imakeitrain
Posts: 4986
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by Imakeitrain » April 22nd, 2019, 8:34 pm

If he's likely going to play in Canada, then he probably wasn't NFL talent to begin with.

Personally at worst I think he makes a practice squad with real potential to make the NFL.

He's undersized but he has a ton of power that makes up for his lack of size. But, I think a lot of people expect smaller backs to be a lot speedier and shiftier. Darwin is fast and makes guys miss- but it's also the NFL.


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

cbingham
Posts: 271
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:26 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by cbingham » April 23rd, 2019, 7:00 am

2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.
Unfortunately, If current projections are accurate, he gave up a free education to drop out and make very little money in Canada.

I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, because he’s good enough to make it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he makes it even at NFL minimum salary he wi earn $480K or equal to about 9 times the reported earnings of new USU graduates (per pay scale which I think is high). If he has confidence in himself (which matters most given his history) combined with his measurables he’ll be fine. Not sure that another year boosts him that much



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6047
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 23rd, 2019, 1:52 pm

cbingham wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 7:00 am
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.
Unfortunately, If current projections are accurate, he gave up a free education to drop out and make very little money in Canada.

I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, because he’s good enough to make it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he makes it even at NFL minimum salary he wi earn $480K or equal to about 9 times the reported earnings of new USU graduates (per pay scale which I think is high). If he has confidence in himself (which matters most given his history) combined with his measurables he’ll be fine. Not sure that another year boosts him that much
The vast majority of practice squad players don't have a lengthy NFL career; maybe two years. Yeah, that's a lot of money for two years. Bu then what? I once worked with a former NFL WR who went from making over $1m per year to $32k plus commissions in an entry-level sales position.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2254
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 185 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by YoungBloodAggie » April 23rd, 2019, 2:56 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 1:52 pm
cbingham wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 7:00 am
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.
Unfortunately, If current projections are accurate, he gave up a free education to drop out and make very little money in Canada.

I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, because he’s good enough to make it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he makes it even at NFL minimum salary he wi earn $480K or equal to about 9 times the reported earnings of new USU graduates (per pay scale which I think is high). If he has confidence in himself (which matters most given his history) combined with his measurables he’ll be fine. Not sure that another year boosts him that much
The vast majority of practice squad players don't have a lengthy NFL career; maybe two years. Yeah, that's a lot of money for two years. Bu then what? I once worked with a former NFL WR who went from making over $1m per year to $32k plus commissions in an entry-level sales position.
2,000,000 (assuming $1M per year at average NFL career length)
1,344,000 (assuming 42 years at 32,000 per year and no promotions or pay raises ever)
3,344,000 total career earnings

That's not too shabby, considering that the median salary for a USU grad with a BA degree is $60,185. Over 44 years (assuming you graduate at 21 and retire at 65), that is worth $2,648,140.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5038
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by 2004AG » April 23rd, 2019, 3:02 pm

cbingham wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.
Unfortunately, If current projections are accurate, he gave up a free education to drop out and make very little money in Canada.

I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, because he’s good enough to make it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he makes it even at NFL minimum salary he wi earn $480K or equal to about 9 times the reported earnings of new USU graduates (per pay scale which I think is high). If he has confidence in himself (which matters most given his history) combined with his measurables he’ll be fine. Not sure that another year boosts him that much
Right.

I guess my point is he’s gonna have a hard time sticking on a roster and really making 480k. The odds are severely stacked against undrafted players. I hope I’m wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6047
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 23rd, 2019, 3:40 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 2:56 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 1:52 pm
cbingham wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 7:00 am
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am
It’s a shame Thompson left. 7th round/undrafted doesn’t seem worth leaving early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my understanding is that he did not have a lot of choice. I'm not sure of the reason why, but the QB at Oregon one year declared because his mom was in dire need of any money so he felt he was better off making a little money in Canada than he would be in school for one more year. it happens.
Unfortunately, If current projections are accurate, he gave up a free education to drop out and make very little money in Canada.

I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, because he’s good enough to make it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he makes it even at NFL minimum salary he wi earn $480K or equal to about 9 times the reported earnings of new USU graduates (per pay scale which I think is high). If he has confidence in himself (which matters most given his history) combined with his measurables he’ll be fine. Not sure that another year boosts him that much
The vast majority of practice squad players don't have a lengthy NFL career; maybe two years. Yeah, that's a lot of money for two years. Bu then what? I once worked with a former NFL WR who went from making over $1m per year to $32k plus commissions in an entry-level sales position.
2,000,000 (assuming $1M per year at average NFL career length)
1,344,000 (assuming 42 years at 32,000 per year and no promotions or pay raises ever)
3,344,000 total career earnings

That's not too shabby, considering that the median salary for a USU grad with a BA degree is $60,185. Over 44 years (assuming you graduate at 21 and retire at 65), that is worth $2,648,140.
No, not too shabby at all.

Bear in mind these guys get used to a standard of living just like we do. It's hard to go from 80k to 60k per year. Imagine going from $480k per year to 60k. Or, having to go back to school to finish your degree.

I don't root against any of these guys, I'd probably do the same thing. I just think he has a better chance at getting drafted with one more year in college and drafted players have a much higher chance at making the roster their first year if only because no team wants to admit they missed on a draft choice.



Blitz79
Posts: 1066
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by Blitz79 » April 23rd, 2019, 6:30 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 1:52 pm

The vast majority of practice squad players don't have a lengthy NFL career; maybe two years. Yeah, that's a lot of money for two years. Bu then what? I once worked with a former NFL WR who went from making over $1m per year to $32k plus commissions in an entry-level sales position.
Lets say he plays two years. Then what? Well as far I know he is not banned from going back to school and finishing his degree, is there an age limit or any other type of restrictions to going back to school that I'm not aware of?

I see you addressed this. Go get it Darwin!



taniataylor
Posts: 1444
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by taniataylor » April 23rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

Darwin is 23. He is a RB. Dax is also 23 & he declared because of his age as a TE. RBs life span is substantially shorter than a Receiver or TE. Darwin made the right choice and I do believe he has his degree or may be just short. He cannot return to college FB but he can finish his degree when time permits. I hope they all find a place at the next level, they worked hard last season...,so hard in fact that there is a discussion about last season almost everyday!!
These users liked this post from taniataylor:
donlarson8


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7091
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 129 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by dyedblue » April 23rd, 2019, 8:51 pm

taniataylor wrote:Darwin is 23. He is a RB. Dax is also 23 & he declared because of his age as a TE. RBs life span is substantially shorter than a Receiver or TE. Darwin made the right choice and I do believe he has his degree or may be just short. He cannot return to college FB but he can finish his degree when time permits. I hope they all find a place at the next level, they worked hard last season...,so hard in fact that there is a discussion about last season almost everyday!!
Exactly. RB have a very short shelf life in the NFL and age is against Darwin. He'll be just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5358
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 100 times
Contact:

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by TheAKAggie » April 23rd, 2019, 10:38 pm

dyedblue wrote:
taniataylor wrote:Darwin is 23. He is a RB. Dax is also 23 & he declared because of his age as a TE. RBs life span is substantially shorter than a Receiver or TE. Darwin made the right choice and I do believe he has his degree or may be just short. He cannot return to college FB but he can finish his degree when time permits. I hope they all find a place at the next level, they worked hard last season...,so hard in fact that there is a discussion about last season almost everyday!!
Exactly. RB have a very short shelf life in the NFL and age is against Darwin. He'll be just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, we get it, he’s 5’8”, quit pointing it out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3277
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by ratofallaggies » April 24th, 2019, 8:32 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Darwin did not declare for any other reason than his desire to play in the NFL. He'll have a different path than he hoped for, but he's going to be just fine.



taniataylor
Posts: 1444
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by taniataylor » April 24th, 2019, 9:15 am

GUESS WHO IS COMIN IN AT #92 out of the top 100 NFL Prospects?? (Hint: Choo Choo)

https://mikewachsman51.blogspot.com/201 ... t.html?m=1


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Posts: 7729
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by BigBlueDart » April 24th, 2019, 9:24 am

taniataylor wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 9:15 am
GUESS WHO IS COMIN IN AT #92 out of the top 100 NFL Prospects?? (Hint: Choo Choo)

https://mikewachsman51.blogspot.com/201 ... t.html?m=1
MidnightTralnAggie?!



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5792
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by USU78 » April 24th, 2019, 10:26 am

DTrain!


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Madmartigan
Posts: 2558
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by Madmartigan » April 24th, 2019, 10:35 am

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4/17/ ... osh-jacobs

SBnation is extremely high on DTrain.



BeHURD
Posts: 21
Joined: March 5th, 2019, 12:12 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by BeHURD » April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am

Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5792
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by USU78 » April 24th, 2019, 11:50 am

BeHURD wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.
I'm far more moved by the "23-year-old-running-back" argument. Arguably and perhaps inarguably he has gotten all he can out of the HS/JC/University system that he can, and he has maxed out in terms of development. He'll never get better, regardless how new or experienced his line is. And he'll never get younger. 30-year-old running backs are not a thing. Not many Rigginses are birthed. DTrain's making the right call here.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Madmartigan
Posts: 2558
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by Madmartigan » April 24th, 2019, 11:52 am

USU78 wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:50 am
BeHURD wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.
I'm far more moved by the "23-year-old-running-back" argument. Arguably and perhaps inarguably he has gotten all he can out of the HS/JC/University system that he can, and he has maxed out in terms of development. He'll never get better, regardless how new or experienced his line is. And he'll never get younger. 30-year-old running backs are not a thing. Not many Rigginses are birthed. DTrain's making the right call here.
Texas forever, 6.



taniataylor
Posts: 1444
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by taniataylor » April 24th, 2019, 12:05 pm

BeHURD wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.
:disappointed:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12858
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by brownjeans » April 24th, 2019, 12:12 pm

College fans are selfish for their team. So they throw shade on guys who leave early because they wish they'd stay so their team would be better.



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3277
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by ratofallaggies » April 24th, 2019, 12:50 pm

BeHURD wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.
Nope...



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5038
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by 2004AG » April 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm

brownjeans wrote:College fans are selfish for their team. So they throw shade on guys who leave early because they wish they'd stay so their team would be better.
Lazy.

If DT gets drafted and makes it on a team, makes 480k for a couple years, yes he made the right choice.

If DT doesn’t get drafted, doesn’t make a roster, and bounces around a couple practice squads, (does he still make 480k as a practice squad player?), then I don’t think he made the right decision.

My “hesitation” is based on some projections showing him not getting drafted at all. I have no idea if those projections are accurate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



taniataylor
Posts: 1444
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by taniataylor » April 24th, 2019, 1:31 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm
brownjeans wrote:College fans are selfish for their team. So they throw shade on guys who leave early because they wish they'd stay so their team would be better.
Lazy.

If DT gets drafted and makes it on a team, makes 480k for a couple years, yes he made the right choice.

If DT doesn’t get drafted, doesn’t make a roster, and bounces around a couple practice squads, (does he still make 480k as a practice squad player?), then I don’t think he made the right decision.

My “hesitation” is based on some projections showing him not getting drafted at all. I have no idea if those projections are accurate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he will be drafted. He is considered 1 of the top 100 prospects in the draft. I dont think he will go 7th round like the mock drafts predicted, maybe 3rd or early 4th


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

BeHURD
Posts: 21
Joined: March 5th, 2019, 12:12 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by BeHURD » April 24th, 2019, 4:07 pm

taniataylor wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 1:31 pm
2004AG wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm
brownjeans wrote:College fans are selfish for their team. So they throw shade on guys who leave early because they wish they'd stay so their team would be better.
Lazy.

If DT gets drafted and makes it on a team, makes 480k for a couple years, yes he made the right choice.

If DT doesn’t get drafted, doesn’t make a roster, and bounces around a couple practice squads, (does he still make 480k as a practice squad player?), then I don’t think he made the right decision.

My “hesitation” is based on some projections showing him not getting drafted at all. I have no idea if those projections are accurate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he will be drafted. He is considered 1 of the top 100 prospects in the draft. I dont think he will go 7th round like the mock drafts predicted, maybe 3rd or early 4th
I love Thompson, but there is no way he is drafted before the 5th round.



User avatar
paaron46
Posts: 1097
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 11:52 am
Location: Section 5, Row 7
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by paaron46 » April 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:50 pm
BeHURD wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.
Nope...
At a SLC luncheon my friend was talking to Sanford about it and Sanford said DT just got some bad advice. They tried to get him to do one more year at USU and then he'd be on the radar of all the scouts. Sanford talked about how the NFL has a certain way of scouting and tracking these guys and DT just really isn't on anyone's radar over guys they've been tracking for a long time. I don't fault anyone for trying for the NFL. Dax made the right choice, even though he could've come back to USU for one more year. DT would've really upped his draft stock after plowing over the Mountain West for one more year.


Twitter: @AaronPeck

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12858
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by brownjeans » April 24th, 2019, 5:41 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm
brownjeans wrote:College fans are selfish for their team. So they throw shade on guys who leave early because they wish they'd stay so their team would be better.
Lazy.

If DT gets drafted and makes it on a team, makes 480k for a couple years, yes he made the right choice.

If DT doesn’t get drafted, doesn’t make a roster, and bounces around a couple practice squads, (does he still make 480k as a practice squad player?), then I don’t think he made the right decision.

My “hesitation” is based on some projections showing him not getting drafted at all. I have no idea if those projections are accurate.
If he makes a team, right choice, if he doesn't, wrong choice? Don't stick your neck out like that!



Sl7vk
Posts: 177
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Raymond and Thompson

Post by Sl7vk » April 24th, 2019, 6:11 pm

paaron46 wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:50 pm
BeHURD wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thompson left early because he lost his entire offensive line. Even if he improved this year last years stats would look more impressive. This is really his only shot at the NFL.
Nope...
At a SLC luncheon my friend was talking to Sanford about it and Sanford said DT just got some bad advice. They tried to get him to do one more year at USU and then he'd be on the radar of all the scouts. Sanford talked about how the NFL has a certain way of scouting and tracking these guys and DT just really isn't on anyone's radar over guys they've been tracking for a long time. I don't fault anyone for trying for the NFL. Dax made the right choice, even though he could've come back to USU for one more year. DT would've really upped his draft stock after plowing over the Mountain West for one more year.
I got crusified on this board for suggesting Darwin got bad advice when he declared a couple of months ago.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic