Darwin Thompson!!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ThunderAggie
Posts: 277
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 48 times

Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by ThunderAggie » April 27th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Selected to the Kansas City Chiefs with the 214th pick and last pick of the 6th round!



BleedAggieBlue0
2013-14 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Posts: 2417
Joined: January 8th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times

Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » April 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Dumbasses need to eat crow. Dude was never going undrafted. His style is perfect for the NFL, and he’s gonna get paid.
It was the correct decision and it was never close.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2205
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by JonnyCienPesos » April 27th, 2019, 3:27 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:Dumbasses need to eat crow. Dude was never going undrafted. He’s 3x the NFL prospect that any other eligible Aggie is. His style is perfect for the NFL, and he’s gonna get paid.
It was the correct decision and it was never close.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Even had he gone undrafted he was going to make a roster and get playing time. He’s too good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 14869
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 221 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 27th, 2019, 3:40 pm

With football the only correct decision is to never play.



mcaggie1
Posts: 2412
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 48 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by mcaggie1 » April 27th, 2019, 3:48 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:40 pm
With football the only correct decision is to never play.

Wow, that quote takes us back to the 80s....”.Wargames”
These users liked this post from mcaggie1:
hipsterdoofus21



CW51
Posts: 26
Joined: October 17th, 2018, 9:15 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by CW51 » April 27th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Great for Darwin and his family!!! Great for Utah State!!!



918AGG
Posts: 504
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by 918AGG » April 27th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Congrats to my fellow Aggie and fellow Jenks Trojan! I’m sad to see him leave, but I’m happy that he’s representing Aggie nation so well.


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

slcagg
Posts: 3011
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by slcagg » April 27th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Love he is gonna be part of chief kingdom! Gives me a reason to root for them this fall.
These users liked this post from slcagg:
aggies22



slcagg
Posts: 3011
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by slcagg » April 27th, 2019, 6:08 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Dumbasses need to eat crow. Dude was never going undrafted. His style is perfect for the NFL, and he’s gonna get paid.
It was the correct decision and it was never close.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless of course he played himself into a higher pick in the next draft and had more guaranteed money. I mean that is why guys play in the nfl. Nick Saban recently had interesting comments on this very topic. Either way I’m not here to prove anyone wrong and I’m happy to see for Darwin. Seems like a great kid and will be rooting for him.



USUFAN5
Posts: 84
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:32 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by USUFAN5 » April 28th, 2019, 12:40 am

Great interview by a Chiefs Scout about Darwin.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/trey-kozio ... n-thompson
These users liked this post from USUFAN5:
Aggie_in_Idaho



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12851
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 126 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by brownjeans » April 28th, 2019, 1:03 am

slcagg wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 6:08 pm
Unless of course he played himself into a higher pick in the next draft and had more guaranteed money.
I don't think the economics work for the stay-and-get drafted higher thinking unless we're talking about getting drafted in rounds one or two. The difference between end of the 6th round and end of the 3rd round is not exceptional. And if DT stayed, he'd be losing a year of potential earnings from the back end of his career (simply due to father time).

If DT stayed he MIGHT increase his draft status - or get injured and lose his chance altogether. If he was drafted at the end of the 3rd round/start of the 4th he would earn roughly an extra 100k/yr on his rookie deal (for a total of 400k). But he'd lose a full year's veteran pay on the back end assuming he gets a second contract (worth a minimum of about $750k four years from now when DT becomes a free agent).

The only way this didn't work out to DT's benefit is if he didn't make a team and ended up broke without a college degree. I'll be rooting for him to work hard, get opportunities to play, and succeed. I also hope he does his best to prepare for life after NFL. Go Darwin!
These users liked this post from brownjeans:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 3011
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by slcagg » April 28th, 2019, 5:32 am

brownjeans wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 1:03 am
slcagg wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 6:08 pm
Unless of course he played himself into a higher pick in the next draft and had more guaranteed money.
I don't think the economics work for the stay-and-get drafted higher thinking unless we're talking about getting drafted in rounds one or two. The difference between end of the 6th round and end of the 3rd round is not exceptional. And if DT stayed, he'd be losing a year of potential earnings from the back end of his career (simply due to father time).

If DT stayed he MIGHT increase his draft status - or get injured and lose his chance altogether. If he was drafted at the end of the 3rd round/start of the 4th he would earn roughly an extra 100k/yr on his rookie deal (for a total of 400k). But he'd lose a full year's veteran pay on the back end assuming he gets a second contract (worth a minimum of about $750k four years from now when DT becomes a free agent).

The only way this didn't work out to DT's benefit is if he didn't make a team and ended up broke without a college degree. I'll be rooting for him to work hard, get opportunities to play, and succeed. I also hope he does his best to prepare for life after NFL. Go Darwin!
I’m not sure the economics in between rounds. So I could def be wrong. Either way I agree with you, go Darwin. Seems like a great kid!



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2086
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by ineptimusprime » April 28th, 2019, 8:09 am

Happy for him. Another year of Thompson would have been fun, but between Bright, Burt, Warren, and Nawahine, we are stacked at RB for this season.



AgsRock
Posts: 26
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by AgsRock » April 28th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Couldn't agree more, loved the year with Thompson, but he was drafted and is 23, good decision to go early. I really hope he kills it in the NFL, I would love to buy a Darwin Thompson Chiefs Jersey. It would go well with my sons Bobby Wagner Seahawks Jersey and my Nick Vigil Bengals jerseys.



blueaggie
Posts: 766
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by blueaggie » April 28th, 2019, 10:23 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:40 pm
With football the only correct decision is to never play.
I guess you have never played the game. Soccer or lacrosse fan?



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6035
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 29th, 2019, 8:40 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Dumbasses need to eat crow. Dude was never going undrafted. His style is perfect for the NFL, and he’s gonna get paid.
It was the correct decision and it was never close.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a pretty confrontational perspective. No one was rooting against him or doubts his abilities and everyone hopes he tears it up in the NFL for many years. Many of us believed then - and still do - that he could have bumped his stock a few rounds by staying another year and gaining more visibility.

As it is, he was the 20th RB taken in the draft, only four RB's were chosen after him. An NFL team is far more invested in giving their early round draft choices as many reps as possible to prove themselves in training camp. Cutting the last player taken in the 6th isn't seen as making a mistake. Hence, the reasoning for staying another year and getting into the fourth round.

All points being equal, KC is a great fit for DT as he is accustomed to playing in a fast tempo spread offense. I don't think KC was just filling out the draft card when they picked him, it was a calculated choice.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2534
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 224 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by ChicAggie » April 30th, 2019, 2:14 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Dumbasses need to eat crow. Dude was never going undrafted. His style is perfect for the NFL, and he’s gonna get paid. It was the correct decision and it was never close.
Well, the counter-argument to that is that the projected value of his contract as the last player drafted in the 6th round is $2.647 million for a four-year deal, with a very small percentage of that guaranteed. If he had stuck around for a year and climbed up into, say, the third round, his projected contract would be closer to the $3.6-$4.2 million range with a higher percentage fully guaranteed. Given that roughly 61% of all NFL players have careers that are five years or less, arguably the most important factor for the average player in maximizing his earning potential is to get drafted higher and make a greater amount up front with more of it guaranteed. If Darwin could have been assured he would move up into the third round with another stellar season for the Aggies, it seems that would have been the better move. Of course, there is no way to be certain Darwin would have moved up in the draft with another year under his belt....


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

NVAggie
Posts: 15142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 249 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by NVAggie » April 30th, 2019, 3:24 pm

His projected draft placement next year would have been "undrafted" if he suffers an injury. No sense in rolling the dice for something that isn't guaranteed.
These users liked this post from NVAggie:
TheAKAggie



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5341
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 94 times
Contact:

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by TheAKAggie » April 30th, 2019, 7:46 pm

MORE FREE LABOR!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2534
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 224 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by ChicAggie » May 1st, 2019, 6:57 am

NVAggie wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 3:24 pm
His projected draft placement next year would have been "undrafted" if he suffers an injury. No sense in rolling the dice for something that isn't guaranteed.
I hear you loud and clear, NV, I'm just pointing out that there is a reasonable argument on the other side of the coin. There was no guarantee he would be drafted this year either -- as Dax discovered. I also wonder if Darwin would have made the same choice if all the people whispering in his ear would have told him he would be the last player taken in the 6th round. I suspect he hoped (and was probably told by his handlers) at the time he made his decision to enter the draft that he was likely going to go in the 3rd or 4th.

Speaking of 3rd or 4th round, I thought Thompson was a MUCH better back than Alexander Mattison out of BSU whom my Vikings took in the 3rd round. I was disappointed to see the Vikes make that pick. I view Thompson as both a more dangerous runner and receiving threat, though I don't know how they stack up as blockers. I suspect Darwin's size may have scared some off.

For what it's worth, I think Darwin may have the best NFL career of any back in USU history. Who currently holds that distinction? Roy Shivers? MacArthur Lane? Altie Taylor? Louie Giammona? Rick Parros? It's a pretty low bar to clear, but I would be willing to bet that Darwin will clear it. Fingers crossed . . . .


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Mediocre at Best
Posts: 742
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by Mediocre at Best » May 1st, 2019, 12:38 pm

Chic -

As always you are spot on. I was really surprised as well. DT has everything that scouts knock Mattison for and the most glaring stat on the scouting report is that Mattison last year had just 9 carries for more than 15 yards, is a multi-stepper in his reads and lacks a burst to the edge. DT played in the same conference against the same competition and the comparative numbers speak for themselves or should I say the film. I have a friend that coaches for the Cardinals and his understanding why DT was not invited to the combine is vague as I have posted before - no major offers out of high school and only 1 year of DI football whereas Mattison has more DI years of experience. Also DT shared duties with GB and limited carries hurt his stock. DT out performs Mattison on the speed combine tests and did one more bench press rep so they are comparable in strength. Just as a side...the Cardinals were also interested in signing DAX as an UDFA.

I really like what DT brings to the game and agree that potentially and actually expect that he will out perform in his NFL tenure provided he is not injured Robert Turbin, Kerwynn Williams, and Devante Mays who in my mind despite his physical attributes size/speed combination was surprisingly drafted and a bust. A big part of the game is mental and DT has that going for him in spades. Safe to say DT is a 3rd rounder cloaked as a 6th rounder. Now it does not matter. His draft place is respectable and the rest is up to him. So glad he did not listen to the nay-sayers and believe the false notion that he was not on the NFL radar. The MWC has an excellent reputation for producing quality backs and everyone I talk to indicates that in recent years all brightly show up on the radar. Even Justen Hervey was looked at early on and on the initial radar at least.
These users liked this post from Mediocre at Best. Total Likes: 2
ChicAggiesneed



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6035
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 1st, 2019, 2:20 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 12:38 pm
Chic -

As always you are spot on. I was really surprised as well. DT has everything that scouts knock Mattison for and the most glaring stat on the scouting report is that Mattison last year had just 9 carries for more than 15 yards, is a multi-stepper in his reads and lacks a burst to the edge. DT played in the same conference against the same competition and the comparative numbers speak for themselves or should I say the film. I have a friend that coaches for the Cardinals and his understanding why DT was not invited to the combine is vague as I have posted before - no major offers out of high school and only 1 year of DI football whereas Mattison has more DI years of experience. Also DT shared duties with GB and limited carries hurt his stock. DT out performs Mattison on the speed combine tests and did one more bench press rep so they are comparable in strength. Just as a side...the Cardinals were also interested in signing DAX as an UDFA.

I really like what DT brings to the game and agree that potentially and actually expect that he will out perform in his NFL tenure provided he is not injured Robert Turbin, Kerwynn Williams, and Devante Mays who in my mind despite his physical attributes size/speed combination was surprisingly drafted and a bust. A big part of the game is mental and DT has that going for him in spades. Safe to say DT is a 3rd rounder cloaked as a 6th rounder. Now it does not matter. His draft place is respectable and the rest is up to him. So glad he did not listen to the nay-sayers and believe the false notion that he was not on the NFL radar. The MWC has an excellent reputation for producing quality backs and everyone I talk to indicates that in recent years all brightly show up on the radar. Even Justen Hervey was looked at early on and on the initial radar at least.
The naysayers didn't say he wasn't NFL caliber. We said he was being undervalued because he wasn't well known - which you say yourself. He's a 3rd rounder cloaked as a 6th rounder. He's underpaid right away. If he stays for a year then he's more well known, gets drafted much earlier, makes a lot more money, a lot more money guaranteed, and a far greater chance at being on the opening day roster.

I don't see Devante' Mays as a bust. He was chosen in the seventh round. The expectations of a late round draft choice aren't much different than and UDFA.

The worry of injury if he stays another year is over blown. Players get hurt during off-season drills. There's no way to avoid it.



hickaggie
Posts: 2757
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by hickaggie » May 1st, 2019, 2:40 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:20 pm
Mediocre at Best wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 12:38 pm
Chic -

As always you are spot on. I was really surprised as well. DT has everything that scouts knock Mattison for and the most glaring stat on the scouting report is that Mattison last year had just 9 carries for more than 15 yards, is a multi-stepper in his reads and lacks a burst to the edge. DT played in the same conference against the same competition and the comparative numbers speak for themselves or should I say the film. I have a friend that coaches for the Cardinals and his understanding why DT was not invited to the combine is vague as I have posted before - no major offers out of high school and only 1 year of DI football whereas Mattison has more DI years of experience. Also DT shared duties with GB and limited carries hurt his stock. DT out performs Mattison on the speed combine tests and did one more bench press rep so they are comparable in strength. Just as a side...the Cardinals were also interested in signing DAX as an UDFA.

I really like what DT brings to the game and agree that potentially and actually expect that he will out perform in his NFL tenure provided he is not injured Robert Turbin, Kerwynn Williams, and Devante Mays who in my mind despite his physical attributes size/speed combination was surprisingly drafted and a bust. A big part of the game is mental and DT has that going for him in spades. Safe to say DT is a 3rd rounder cloaked as a 6th rounder. Now it does not matter. His draft place is respectable and the rest is up to him. So glad he did not listen to the nay-sayers and believe the false notion that he was not on the NFL radar. The MWC has an excellent reputation for producing quality backs and everyone I talk to indicates that in recent years all brightly show up on the radar. Even Justen Hervey was looked at early on and on the initial radar at least.
The naysayers didn't say he wasn't NFL caliber. We said he was being undervalued because he wasn't well known - which you say yourself. He's a 3rd rounder cloaked as a 6th rounder. He's underpaid right away. If he stays for a year then he's more well known, gets drafted much earlier, makes a lot more money, a lot more money guaranteed, and a far greater chance at being on the opening day roster.

I don't see Devante' Mays as a bust. He was chosen in the seventh round. The expectations of a late round draft choice aren't much different than and UDFA.

The worry of injury if he stays another year is over blown. Players get hurt during off-season drills. There's no way to avoid it.
While I respect your opinion and rationale I have a hard time seeing that Thompson didn't make the best calculated risk.

1. He's a RB. The proverbial dime a dozen position. Its also a position that is limited highly by number of reps. It is a position that every play carries a higher probability of a serious injury whether it be knee, shoulder, or the beginning of concussion issues than most other positions.
2. He just lost his whole O-line and would be playing under a different offense and coordinator had he stayed. The chances that he will perform significantly better this year are less than the chances of him having similar or reduced numbers.
3. He is not going to get significantly better. He is pretty much maxed out as far as speed training and bulking up. Yeah, he might get a combine invite if his numbers improve but once again that's not likely. RB is different from the QB and O-line positions in this aspect. What technique improvements he can make would occur at the pro-level anyway against better competition as he adjusts to the speed of the game.
4. He would be sharing the reps with another proven senior.
5. A good RB will stick in the NFL if he can pass block, run routes, hold on to the ball, avoid injuries, exc. regardless of draft position. Higher drafted RBs don't get the Fackrell "time to develop the investment" treatment. You perform or you don't and guys that do will overcome their draft status.

Yeah, he could have risked it and come out ahead but the odds favored his decision.



Mediocre at Best
Posts: 742
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by Mediocre at Best » May 1st, 2019, 8:00 pm

Florida Aggie - Sorry for the confusion. When I referred to naysayers it is NFL people who did not think DT was worthy of combine invite. Here in Cache Valley even the state of Utah I doubt there is one naysayer when it comes to DT. You certainly are not. I also misled you if you think I said he was not well known...DT by the end of the season was very well known in scouting circles just not established. I might be splitting hairs here but I tend to think there is a difference.
These users liked this post from Mediocre at Best:
FloridaAggie13



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6035
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 1st, 2019, 9:54 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 8:00 pm
Florida Aggie - Sorry for the confusion. When I referred to naysayers it is NFL people who did not think DT was worthy of combine invite. Here in Cache Valley even the state of Utah I doubt there is one naysayer when it comes to DT. You certainly are not. I also misled you if you think I said he was not well known...DT by the end of the season was very well known in scouting circles just not established. I might be splitting hairs here but I tend to think there is a difference.
No problem, I understand your point. There was some banter on the board where I think it appeared those of us who said he should wait another year did so because we didn't think he was NFL ready, which I think was out of context. We, well I at least, simply thought one more year of recognition could bump him from late 6th round to at least the 4th round giving him more money up front, more guaranteed contract money and a better opportunity to stick with whomever drafted him. The injury possibilities due to playing another year at USU in my opinion are inconsequential.

He's NFL caliber in my view, especially with the trend toward fast-paced spread offenses becoming the norm. Ten years ago he probably isn't an NFL back, today, especially in KC, I think he is the perfect fit.



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2260
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by OKAggie » May 2nd, 2019, 10:08 am

With DT's leaving early, and some of the speculation on this board, I was surprised to see Darwin on the graduation list with a degree in kinesiology, especially after only one full year on campus.

Off topic: Jacoby Wildman also graduated, but will be back with the Aggies in 2019 (further off topic: Abel Porter also).

Congrats to all 25 Aggie football players who earned their degree and kept the program on the right path!
These users liked this post from OKAggie. Total Likes: 3
USU78oleblu111Aggie_in_Idaho


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
Chod
Posts: 142
Joined: September 22nd, 2012, 9:04 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by Chod » May 2nd, 2019, 12:58 pm

OKAggie wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 10:08 am
With DT's leaving early, and some of the speculation on this board, I was surprised to see Darwin on the graduation list with a degree in kinesiology, especially after only one full year on campus.

Off topic: Jacoby Wildman also graduated, but will be back with the Aggies in 2019 (further off topic: Abel Porter also).

Congrats to all 25 Aggie football players who earned their degree and kept the program on the right path!
I thought you made Kinesiology up, but from Wiki:

"Kinesiology is the scientific study of human or non-human body movement. Kinesiology addresses physiological, biomechanical, and psychological dynamic principles and mechanisms of movement. Applications of kinesiology to human health (i.e., human kinesiology) include biomechanics and orthopedics; strength and conditioning; sport psychology; methods of rehabilitation, such as physical and occupational therapy; and sport and exercise."

Thanks - and good job Darwin.



mcaggie1
Posts: 2412
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 48 times

Re: Darwin Thompson!!!

Post by mcaggie1 » May 17th, 2019, 9:20 am

Chod wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 12:58 pm
OKAggie wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 10:08 am
With DT's leaving early, and some of the speculation on this board, I was surprised to see Darwin on the graduation list with a degree in kinesiology, especially after only one full year on campus.

Off topic: Jacoby Wildman also graduated, but will be back with the Aggies in 2019 (further off topic: Abel Porter also).

Congrats to all 25 Aggie football players who earned their degree and kept the program on the right path!
I thought you made Kinesiology up, but from Wiki:

"Kinesiology is the scientific study of human or non-human body movement. Kinesiology addresses physiological, biomechanical, and psychological dynamic principles and mechanisms of movement. Applications of kinesiology to human health (i.e., human kinesiology) include biomechanics and orthopedics; strength and conditioning; sport psychology; methods of rehabilitation, such as physical and occupational therapy; and sport and exercise."

Thanks - and good job Darwin.
I took a Kinesiology class at USU. not easy.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic