New MWC Media Deal

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
oleblu111
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: New MWC Media Deal

Post by oleblu111 » May 16th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:17 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 10:57 am
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 10:46 am
calaggie wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 9:41 am
WAAggie wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 8:08 am
Hartwell clarified last night, no ties/wed game. Even called out usufans as a source of mid information Image. AAC new tv deal not as sweet as they make it out to be. They report only gross $ and also leave out the fact most schools need multi million $ upgrades to provide the production each school needs to provide on their own. Still negotiating through June for mtw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what I heard. Hartwell was the source of the misinformation. He apparently misspoke.
After his fake conversation with Utah’s AD about renewing the series, I take all Hartwell comments with a grain of salt.
So you think Hartwell lies ? Maybe the Utes lied about that, after all coach A. said that Utah will never play football with us in Logan. I would think for him to say that some kind of conversation would have taken place.
oleblu111 wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
calaggie wrote:
WAAggie wrote:
Hartwell clarified last night, no ties/wed game. Even called out usufans as a source of mid information Image. AAC new tv deal not as sweet as they make it out to be. They report only gross $ and also leave out the fact most schools need multi million $ upgrades to provide the production each school needs to provide on their own. Still negotiating through June for mtw.

I know what I heard. Hartwell was the source of the misinformation. He apparently misspoke.
After his fake conversation with Utah’s AD about renewing the series, I take all Hartwell comments with a grain of salt.
So you think Hartwell lies ? Maybe the Utes lied about that, after all coach A. said that Utah will never play football with us in Logan. I would think for him to say that some kind of conversation would have taken place.
In that particular circumstance, Hartwell would have a reason to bend the truth and Harlan wouldn’t. If they really had been in talks Harlan would’ve said “I’ve been in communication with John and we are evaluating our future to make the best scheduling decisions for the University of Utah”. Harlan had nothing to gain by fabricating a story that Hartwell has actually never called him. John, however, has every reason to make it appear to the Aggie fan base that he is actively pursuing a renewed Aggie-Ute series.

I like Hartwell, but his response to the question during the Welcome Back GA presser did seem hurried/panicky and not so legit. Going to give the benefit of the doubt to Harlan on this one.
[/quote

Well let me say this I know for a fact that the ewe of ewe does not want to play USU in Logan in football or basketball. If Mr. Harlan was to sign a home and home with USU he would be in a world of hurt. Perhaps John talked to Hill or Harlan about this I do not know. What I do know is it ain't going to happen.

Keep in mind that A.D.'s talk all the time at meetings, conferences etc. I would be wiling to wager that Harlan, Hill and Hartwell have talked. I would think the subject of playing each other came up.

I do not trust the ewe at all they have been a consent blockage to USU, and damaged us for decades.

Naked Bull Rider
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Naked Bull Rider » May 16th, 2019, 2:22 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 2:03 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
calaggie wrote:
WAAggie wrote:

oleblu111 wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
calaggie wrote:
WAAggie wrote:

In that particular circumstance, Hartwell would have a reason to bend the truth and Harlan wouldn’t. If they really had been in talks Harlan would’ve said “I’ve been in communication with John and we are evaluating our future to make the best scheduling decisions for the University of Utah”. Harlan had nothing to gain by fabricating a story that Hartwell has actually never called him. John, however, has every reason to make it appear to the Aggie fan base that he is actively pursuing a renewed Aggie-Ute series.

I like Hartwell, but his response to the question during the Welcome Back GA presser did seem hurried/panicky and not so legit. Going to give the benefit of the doubt to Harlan on this one.
[/quote

Well let me say this I know for a fact that the ewe of ewe does not want to play USU in Logan in football or basketball. If Mr. Harlan was to sign a home and home with USU he would be in a world of hurt. Perhaps John talked to Hill or Harlan about this I do not know. What I do know is it ain't going to happen.

Keep in mind that A.D.'s talk all the time at meetings, conferences etc. I would be wiling to wager that Harlan, Hill and Hartwell have talked. I would think the subject of playing each other came up.

I do not trust the ewe at all they have been a consent blockage to USU, and damaged us for decades.
oleblu111 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 2:03 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
calaggie wrote:
WAAggie wrote:

oleblu111 wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
calaggie wrote:
WAAggie wrote:

[/quote

I understand the dynamics and that Utah doesn’t want to play us in football or basketball. It bothers me to no end that they schedule home & home’s with SJSU and Northern Illinois. I think they even have WYO on an upcoming schedule.

Though, professionally speaking, there’s no reason Harlan would’ve made a public comment that Hartwell hadn’t reached out to him about it unless it was true. That’s why I’m inclined to believe Harlan when he says John hadn’t reached out to him yet.

I hope they have talked and that eventually Utah’s athletic department realizes that from a financial standpoint and a fan-interest standpoint, USU-Utah matchups make far more sense than scheduling OOC games with other MWC teams or teams from the MAC. Though I don’t expect their better judgement will ever dissuade their arrogance & ignorance.

Full
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 37 times

New MWC Media Deal

Post by Full » May 16th, 2019, 2:39 pm

I trust Hartwell reached out to Harlan. Of corse if the Utah AD told everyone the USU reached out and he told them the Utes will not schedule a game in Logan there would be blowback. I’m sure he remembers the legislature ordering an audit when they canceled the basketball series with BYU. With the Utes playing the Pack in Reno in basketball they really are out of excuses other than they refuse to play in Logan.

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » May 16th, 2019, 3:27 pm

The truth is they do not need the revenue, in fact they sellout every football game a RES. The school that would benefit the most would be USU, and the EWE could care less.

That state government cared more about YBU getting games cancelled than what happened to USU is very telling. They would apply pressure to make them play a private school but do nothing about the blackball which made life very hard for USU for decades. We begged to get in the old WAC, but state government never got involved to help us out. Perhaps I'm wrong but I trust our people much more than the EWE of EWE.
These users liked this post from oleblu111. Total Likes: 2
donlarson8NavyBlueAggie

USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 467 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by USU78 » May 16th, 2019, 3:48 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 3:27 pm
The truth is they do not need the revenue, in fact they sellout every football game a RES. The school that would benefit the most would be USU, and the EWE could care less.

That state government cared more about YBU getting games cancelled than what happened to USU is very telling. They would apply pressure to make them play a private school but do nothing about the blackball which made life very hard for USU for decades. We begged to get in the old WAC, but state government never got involved to help us out. Perhaps I'm wrong but I trust our people much more than the EWE of EWE.
Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49593.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » May 16th, 2019, 3:54 pm

USU78 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 3:48 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49593.
Yes 78 it is not just athletics that the southern swine has tried to limit USU, but in all things university related.
These users liked this post from oleblu111:
USU78

Ahbye
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Ahbye » May 16th, 2019, 11:15 pm

Seems like a good start to righting wrongs would be to put Spencer Cox in the governor's seat. A democrat won't win no matter what, so might as well put an Aggie in there if you tend to vote democrat and want to salvage the value of your vote.
These users liked this post from Ahbye. Total Likes: 2
GUSflying_scotsman2.0

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic