USU vs LSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 460
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 88 times

USU vs LSU

Post by ThunderAggie » May 25th, 2019, 6:53 pm

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 32273838_7

Just saw this article on 247 sports. We are the first game on the list with our matchup vs LSU! It is nice having some respect preseason. I think we could catch them overthinking us as they have a matchup with Florida the week after, but this game will be very tough. I didn't think we would be able to hang with Mich St last year and Jordan came out cool, collected, and firing, so you never know. BYU vs USC is also listed, which ruined the list...



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2641
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 272 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by ChicAggie » May 25th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Looking forward to that trip to Baton Rouge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from ChicAggie:
1TruAggie


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2466
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 313 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by YoungBloodAggie » May 25th, 2019, 7:02 pm

If they didn’t have a bye week coming into the game I would seriously consider putting some money on the Ags outright. I am super excited to watch it live though!


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

trombone_ninja
Posts: 1160
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 1:59 pm
Location: Greeley, CO
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by trombone_ninja » May 25th, 2019, 8:30 pm

I don’t think we’ll pull off the upset, but I think we can make a game of it!


USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

User avatar
DCS
Posts: 990
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: Salt Lake
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by DCS » June 9th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Are you able to purchase away tickets before single game home tickets go on sale? Or does that happen at the same time. Looking at possibly going to this game, but trying to price it out to see if I can get someone else to come.



dogie
Posts: 2907
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by dogie » June 10th, 2019, 7:18 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 6:53 pm
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 32273838_7

Just saw this article on 247 sports. We are the first game on the list with our matchup vs LSU! It is nice having some respect preseason. I think we could catch them overthinking us as they have a matchup with Florida the week after, but this game will be very tough. I didn't think we would be able to hang with Mich St last year and Jordan came out cool, collected, and firing, so you never know. BYU vs USC is also listed, which ruined the list...
At first I thought they were predicting that Arkansas could upset Colorado State. After reading the article more closely, they are saying that Colorado State could upset Arkansas.

Because they think that Colorado State beating Arkansas (one of the worst teams in college football) would qualify as an upset, this article loses all credibility. Apparently any G-5 victory over a P-5 school is considered to be an upset.
These users liked this post from dogie:
JSHarvey



User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 566
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by 918AGG » June 10th, 2019, 1:11 pm

I'm super excited for this one. I'm still planning to attend.


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Aggie_CEE
Posts: 166
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 25 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by Aggie_CEE » June 12th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Any recommendations on seating? I was planning on buying tickets through our ticket office so I could sit by fellow Aggies, but don't want to get stuck in the worst seats in the stadium if that's where our allotment is. I'll be bringing 3 others.



User avatar
lcrasmus
Posts: 1318
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:40 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by lcrasmus » June 12th, 2019, 2:50 pm

Hey friends. First post in a long time, but I figured this is a good thing to get back on the board with. Finished my grad degree from LSU just over 2 years ago, and spent my fair share of time in Tiger Stadium. Honestly, there's not a bad place to sit. It's a different experience anywhere you are, but they're all great. You'll likely be able to find after market nosebleed seats for 8-15 dollars for our game, depending a bit on where rankings are falling at the time. The view from up top is pretty incredible. LSU Fans are some of the most accommodating people in the world providing you're not from a rival SEC team, and they're great to sit by regardless. If you're looking to hit the official "visiting section", it's the south side of the stadium by the visiting bench. Check the picture.

EDIT: If you are jumping for nosebleeds, make sure you're on the west side. The sun is BRUTAL on the upper east side seats, and unless we're a LATE game, you'll be much happier with the shade of the stadium on you.

The Stadium is among the most massive buildings I've ever seen, and the game day experience there is incredible. Every inch has history, and has also been monetized. I can't imagine the amount of donors that have contributed to it in some way. The amount of money needed to purchase and entire gate to be named after your family must be absurd. The campus is gorgeous, and the Stadium really is one of the most amazing sights, both from outside and inside. Absolutely worth the trip for anyone considering it.

You'll want to be careful about parking and where you're staying day of. Plan on arriving early and being there late. Tailgating starts Friday evening at 5, and carries on through the full day the next day. Even at half capacity there's 60k people there, along with thousands more who watch from tailgates that take up the entirety of campus. Traffic getting out of the games is rough. The infrastructure of Baton Rouge leaves a lot to be desired. Plan on it honestly being a full day experience. Arrive early. Wear USU gear, and plan on talking to a lot of people as you meander around.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the area or the like, if there's any specifics you'd want to know.
Image
These users liked this post from lcrasmus. Total Likes: 7
TurtleThunderAggiedonlarson8IdaAg93treesap32918AGGAggie_in_Idaho



Aggie_CEE
Posts: 166
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 25 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by Aggie_CEE » July 1st, 2019, 10:44 am

lcrasmus wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 2:50 pm
Hey friends. First post in a long time, but I figured this is a good thing to get back on the board with. Finished my grad degree from LSU just over 2 years ago, and spent my fair share of time in Tiger Stadium. Honestly, there's not a bad place to sit. It's a different experience anywhere you are, but they're all great. You'll likely be able to find after market nosebleed seats for 8-15 dollars for our game, depending a bit on where rankings are falling at the time. The view from up top is pretty incredible. LSU Fans are some of the most accommodating people in the world providing you're not from a rival SEC team, and they're great to sit by regardless. If you're looking to hit the official "visiting section", it's the south side of the stadium by the visiting bench. Check the picture.

EDIT: If you are jumping for nosebleeds, make sure you're on the west side. The sun is BRUTAL on the upper east side seats, and unless we're a LATE game, you'll be much happier with the shade of the stadium on you.

The Stadium is among the most massive buildings I've ever seen, and the game day experience there is incredible. Every inch has history, and has also been monetized. I can't imagine the amount of donors that have contributed to it in some way. The amount of money needed to purchase and entire gate to be named after your family must be absurd. The campus is gorgeous, and the Stadium really is one of the most amazing sights, both from outside and inside. Absolutely worth the trip for anyone considering it.

You'll want to be careful about parking and where you're staying day of. Plan on arriving early and being there late. Tailgating starts Friday evening at 5, and carries on through the full day the next day. Even at half capacity there's 60k people there, along with thousands more who watch from tailgates that take up the entirety of campus. Traffic getting out of the games is rough. The infrastructure of Baton Rouge leaves a lot to be desired. Plan on it honestly being a full day experience. Arrive early. Wear USU gear, and plan on talking to a lot of people as you meander around.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the area or the like, if there's any specifics you'd want to know.
Image
Thanks! I'm going to see if the ticket office has decent seats for this game. Does anyone know when the single away game tickets will go on sale?

Edit: They are already on sale and are $45/seat.



User avatar
lcrasmus
Posts: 1318
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:40 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by lcrasmus » July 3rd, 2019, 10:16 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 10:44 am


Thanks! I'm going to see if the ticket office has decent seats for this game. Does anyone know when the single away game tickets will go on sale?

Edit: They are already on sale and are $45/seat.
Like I said, the aftermarket is going to be your best option. LSU is going to be gunning for a National Championship this year, and they will sell almost all their tickets to season ticket holders. It's a well established practice that those holders will put their tickets to lesser (read non-SEC) opponents. I got into several games for 6 dollars on game day during my time there, even with top 10 rankings. (Un)fortunately, the Aggies won't be a large draw, so you'll absolutely be able to pick up tickets on stubhub/vivid or the like.

As a story of how rabid this market is, my last year of grad school we lived in a condo just north of campus, a 12 minute walk from Tiger Stadium. Alabama played on Saturday night in Baton Rouge that year. Both teams were in the top 10. The cheapest tickets for that game were 250+ for nosebleeds, and RV's started to arrive for tailgating Thursday night. Gameday there were more than 250,000 people within a 2 mile square radius of the stadium, and traffic took till past 5 am the next morning to clear out. Because we couldn't afford tickets, we threw our condo up on Air Bnb and planned to head to New Orleans for a night. It ended up renting for $950 a night for it and the 2 parking spots that came with it. I ate beignets, and our landlord/us/a roomate split $1900 for spending 48 hours out of the house. Story gets crazier, but I digress.

THAT is the kind of game the season ticket holders are investing in either seeing, or selling tickets for profit for. I will almost guaranty our game will have options for $15 or less, easily.

EDIT: https://www.stubhub.com/lsu-tigers-foot ... =price+asc Bingo



slcagg
Posts: 3244
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by slcagg » July 3rd, 2019, 10:30 pm

Lc I had a LSU alum co-worker send this promotion to me for the game. Food and tickets for 18 dollars. Seats are high behind the end zone. Any idea of these seats are still decent seats?

https://offer.fevo.com/4th-of-july-flas ... xs-14ad5b1



User avatar
lcrasmus
Posts: 1318
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:40 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by lcrasmus » July 3rd, 2019, 11:10 pm

slcagg wrote:Lc I had a LSU alum co-worker send this promotion to me for the game. Food and tickets for 18 dollars. Seats are high behind the end zone. Any idea of these seats are still decent seats?

https://offer.fevo.com/4th-of-july-flas ... xs-14ad5b1

It's a really cool vantage from that angle. Watching the field sideline to sideline instead of end zone to end zone is pretty cool there. You're still high, but like I said, it's a cool experience up that high.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
aggieman2828
Posts: 77
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:33 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 0

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by aggieman2828 » July 5th, 2019, 11:37 am

https://www.usu.edu/alumni/travel/neworleans

Is anyone doing this? I'm was looking at signing up but there has only been one couple signed up so I'm wondering what everyone else is planning.



SectionFaggie
Posts: 104
Joined: December 18th, 2016, 7:27 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: USU vs LSU

Post by SectionFaggie » July 5th, 2019, 5:12 pm

aggieman2828 wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 11:37 am
https://www.usu.edu/alumni/travel/neworleans

Is anyone doing this? I'm was looking at signing up but there has only been one couple signed up so I'm wondering what everyone else is planning.
OMG. There is such great food in New Orleans. And great music. Plus a great aquarium, architecture, gardens that will still be in bloom, and an Insectariium. Plus great art and the Audubon Zoo. This would be a great way for Aggies to experience NOLA and Aggie Football, without the menace of parking in Red Stick. All this and beads and booze for those that want that side of this great city.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic