Mike Favero USU Offense Analyst?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
sockpuppet
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Mike Favero USU Offense Analyst?

Post by sockpuppet » July 4th, 2019, 5:05 pm

If Gary Andersen feels there is talent and benefit to adding Mike Favero to D1 level, then why not? Let's not forget that Favero did win 5 state championships coaching at one of the smallest, cash poor school districts in the state.
These users liked this post from sockpuppet:
YoungBloodAggie

oleblu111
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by oleblu111 » July 4th, 2019, 5:26 pm

If it makes you guy's happy he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He really is not worth arguing about.

If you guy's really like him that OK. It is also ok if I do not.

BleedAggieBlue0
2013-14 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » July 4th, 2019, 5:51 pm

oleblu111 wrote:If it makes you guy's happy he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He really is not worth arguing about.

If you guy's really like him that OK. It is also ok if I do not.
The point isn’t about whether or not he is a great coach. The point is- you freaked out about Gary hiring a guy as an off-field ANALYST. It is a situation that literally nothing bad can come from.
P5 schools have 10-20 analysts that sit and film study all year, in an attempt to help the real coaches be better prepared. This is a great thing for the football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » July 4th, 2019, 6:26 pm

If you think me getting freaked out is my post about him just being good for getting coffee. I hope you never see me get truly upset.

I do not like him at all. If Gary was going to put a person on staff that you really did not care for perhaps you would remain silent, and post nothing.

I'm aware of what P-5 and G-5 are doing with analysts long before this thread.

If nothing bad can come from a situation then perhaps my dislike of someone should not bother people. I think I can dislike someone without board approval.

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » July 5th, 2019, 11:51 am

oleblu111 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 9:43 pm
OCDAggie wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 9:07 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 5:17 pm
2004AG wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 4:24 pm
Seems like you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. He's an offensive analyst. He's not the OC, let alone a WR coach, or RB coach. By all accounts he's a sharp guy.
You are correct it is not a big deal he is most likely a unpaid analyst. He is not a coach. I will admit that my dislike of him may have been a factor in my post. Why I think so little of him matters not.
I suspect oleblu that if you had to post your full name, we'd find a handful of people that think little of you as well!
I think most people would have folks that dislike them for one reason or another, in my case maybe more than a few. Those that dislike my posts on this board are going to really be upset with me because I find myself bored with much on here, Envy of YBU, is a major item on here, any time anything happens down in Provostan it's is on here in a flash, which I find silly. some fool gets a DUI and posts come out of the woodwork. When I talk about the very poor level of fan and alum support that bothers many, but in my eyes it is the biggest problem facing USU.

I think my problem might be that I did not attend USU, I'm not a member of thee church, so I don't understand why grads and, alums along with the people in Logan do not support their school, I believe it is a good school that deserves support. I also do not understand the envy or hate for YBU. For hell bells they are not as evil towards USU as what the ewe of ewe is

I have to agree with your grievances about USU. If I may compound or possibly alleviate your feelings of not understanding the lack of support by grads and alums, did you know that most USU grads contribute more money each year directly to BYU than to USU? While the USA does not require public disclosure of religious charitable spending, the Canada and the UK do and you can learn from those disclosures that in 2017, Canada LDS members paid 173.6 M in tithes and charitable offering, 78.6 M of which was transferred directly to BYU. Some years, the donation transfer percentage was closer to 85% of charitable income. In the UK in 2017, the money generated by charitable giving was 48.6 M pounds, of which almost 40% went to BYU. If the numbers in the United States are similar, which are not disclosed to the public or to the shareholders (tithepayers), then one can also guess that about 40 to 50% of all tithes collected go directly to benefit BYU (this includes BYU-P, BYU-I, BYU-H). So the average LDS household in Utah making a mean income of $68,500 will donate roughly $3,000 to $4,500 annually to BYU, tax deductible, along with another $3,000 in tithes that go to other charitable/administrative ends. This leaves little disposable income leftover to contribute to their alma mater.

https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/hacc/sr ... 1&dsrdPg=1

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » July 5th, 2019, 12:46 pm

sockpuppet wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 11:51 am
oleblu111 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 9:43 pm
OCDAggie wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 9:07 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 5:17 pm
2004AG wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 4:24 pm
Seems like you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. He's an offensive analyst. He's not the OC, let alone a WR coach, or RB coach. By all accounts he's a sharp guy.
You are correct it is not a big deal he is most likely a unpaid analyst. He is not a coach. I will admit that my dislike of him may have been a factor in my post. Why I think so little of him matters not.
I suspect oleblu that if you had to post your full name, we'd find a handful of people that think little of you as well!
I think most people would have folks that dislike them for one reason or another, in my case maybe more than a few. Those that dislike my posts on this board are going to really be upset with me because I find myself bored with much on here, Envy of YBU, is a major item on here, any time anything happens down in Provostan it's is on here in a flash, which I find silly. some fool gets a DUI and posts come out of the woodwork. When I talk about the very poor level of fan and alum support that bothers many, but in my eyes it is the biggest problem facing USU.

I think my problem might be that I did not attend USU, I'm not a member of thee church, so I don't understand why grads and, alums along with the people in Logan do not support their school, I believe it is a good school that deserves support. I also do not understand the envy or hate for YBU. For hell bells they are not as evil towards USU as what the ewe of ewe is

I have to agree with your grievances about USU. If I may compound or possibly alleviate your feelings of not understanding the lack of support by grads and alums, did you know that most USU grads contribute more money each year directly to BYU than to USU? While the USA does not require public disclosure of religious charitable spending, the Canada and the UK do and you can learn from those disclosures that in 2017, Canada LDS members paid 173.6 M in tithes and charitable offering, 78.6 M of which was transferred directly to BYU. Some years, the donation transfer percentage was closer to 85% of charitable income. In the UK in 2017, the money generated by charitable giving was 48.6 M pounds, of which almost 40% went to BYU. If the numbers in the United States are similar, which are not disclosed to the public or to the shareholders (tithepayers), then one can also guess that about 40 to 50% of all tithes collected go directly to benefit BYU (this includes BYU-P, BYU-I, BYU-H). So the average LDS household in Utah making a mean income of $68,500 will donate roughly $3,000 to $4,500 annually to BYU, tax deductible, along with another $3,000 in tithes that go to other charitable/administrative ends. This leaves little disposable income leftover to contribute to their alma mater.

https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/hacc/sr ... 1&dsrdPg=1

Thanks for the info.
I do understand the 10% that LDS people are supposed to pay, and can understand how that can be a problem for someone trying to raise a family making a average salary of $68,500 that is a full tithe payer. However as a member of a church which also ask's for money on a weekly basis which runs the church, and has a paid clergy, most folks that do belong to a church have that same problem not just LDS.

I would hope that most USU grads would earn more than what the average salary is in Utah. Despite having many of the same religious costs aggie alums face I have been able to buy season football tickets for a long time, even now they are only $115 for a season ticket, surely most USU grads can afford that.

I do now understand now why aggie's dislike YBU so much, putting big money in a school that you face on the gridiron must be a real pain.

What we need to do is recruit more Jack Mormons, and non church goers to good ole USU .

One question I have is does anyone know how many members of the LDS church pay the full amount would it be 25 to 50 % or higher ?

NVAggie
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 489 times

Post by NVAggie » July 8th, 2019, 9:22 am

I have a hard time believing that 40-50% of all tithes are going to BYU entities.

JSHarvey
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by JSHarvey » July 8th, 2019, 9:46 am

NVAggie wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 9:22 am
I have a hard time believing that 40-50% of all tithes are going to BYU entities.
I agree, no way is this number correct. Further, most of the money going to BYU does not go to the athletic programs.

Here is an article from about two years ago, if its numbers are correct the percentage going to BYU is minisucle at best, certain low single digits. https://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/2 ... ots-of-it/

And here is an ancient article (1996) that claims ZERO tithing money goes to BYU sports - it is based on figures from one of the few years BYU had to disclose its budgets. https://www.deseretnews.com/article/523 ... BOOKS.html

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

sneed
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by sneed » July 8th, 2019, 9:29 pm

JSHarvey wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
I agree, no way is this number correct. Further, most of the money going to BYU does not go to the athletic programs.

Here is an article from about two years ago, if its numbers are correct the percentage going to BYU is minisucle at best, certain low single digits. https://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/2 ... ots-of-it/

And here is an ancient article (1996) that claims ZERO tithing money goes to BYU sports - it is based on figures from one of the few years BYU had to disclose its budgets. https://www.deseretnews.com/article/523 ... BOOKS.html
Interesting. I don’t like it when people say zero tithing goes to athletics though. When tithing (and I’m sure other funds are used) funds their “multipurpose room” or whatever they want to call their basketball facility or when they subsidize scholarships (and tuition in general) with tithing funds they are funding athletics. I don’t love it but it’s the Lords money. He can do whatever he wants with it. - just don’t say no tithing goes towards athletics.

NVAggie
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 489 times

Post by NVAggie » July 9th, 2019, 7:48 am

I think it is wrong to say nothing goes to Athletics as well.

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » July 9th, 2019, 7:55 am

NVAggie wrote:
True. It may just be that Canada and the UK pay a majority of its tithes in to BYU and that BYU is funded disproportionately from foreign donations. These numbers are not disclosed in the States so one can only speculate.

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » July 9th, 2019, 8:28 am

Of course I do not care what your church does with their collections, but to say that USU alums can not pay for tickets or donations to USU because of tithing is a little hard for me to shallow given the large amount of tickets bought, and donations given to YBU, and the ewe of ewe by what must be members of your church.As I posted before my church ask's for money all the time.

AgMan21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by AgMan21 » July 9th, 2019, 9:14 am

I thought this thread was about Favero? ;)
These users liked this post from AgMan21:
aggies22

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 1932 times
Been liked: 1034 times

Post by aggies22 » July 9th, 2019, 9:23 am

AgMan21 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:14 am
I thought this thread was about Favero? ;)
Who??
These users liked this post from aggies22:
ShowMeAggie

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » July 9th, 2019, 9:29 am

Like so many threads it gets changed to religion. Sorry I responded to the new topic.

When I was involved with the ewe of ewe some folks referred to USU as YBU lite.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 9th, 2019, 9:40 am

oleblu111 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:29 am
Like so many threads it gets changed to religion. Sorry I responded to the new topic.

The thought sickens me to be referred to as byu anything. Unless it involves the word anti. Not anti-Mormon, just anti-byu.
These users liked this post from aggies22:
ShowMeAggie

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » July 9th, 2019, 9:51 am

aggies22 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:40 am
oleblu111 wrote:

The thought sickens me to be referred to as byu anything. Unless it involves the word anti. Not anti-Mormon, just anti-byu.
I understand as a non LDS I was kind of shocked, my reply was that's better than a school named after a female sheep. I always liked the ags.

I recall one game in Sheet lake city as I was cheering for good ole USU that a ewe of ewe fan hollered at me hey farmer where did you park your tractor, I replayed right on top of your damn Teepee. even the ewe of ewe fans got a giggle out of that.
These users liked this post from oleblu111. Total Likes: 3
aggies22USU78JSHarvey

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 9th, 2019, 9:53 am

oleblu111 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:51 am
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:

I understand as a non LDS I was kind of shocked, my reply was that's better than a school named after a female sheep. I always liked the ags.

I recall one game in Sheet lake city as I was cheering for good ole USU that a ewe of ewe fan hollered at me hey farmer where did you park your tractor, I replayed right on top of your damn Teepee. even the ewe of ewe fans got a giggle out of that.
:notworthy: :golfclap:

USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 606 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by USU78 » July 9th, 2019, 9:56 am

oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Like so many threads it gets changed to religion. Sorry I responded to the new topic. When I was involved with the ewe of ewe some folks referred to USU as YBU lite.

:lol: :cheers: :rock: :notworthy: :scotsman:

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

tipitup
2018 WTHCG Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by tipitup » July 9th, 2019, 11:07 am

USU78 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:56 am
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Like so many threads it gets changed to religion. Sorry I responded to the new topic. When I was involved with the ewe of ewe some folks referred to USU as YBU lite.

:lol: :cheers: :rock: :notworthy: :scotsman:

man that was soooooo off topic, but one of the better replies i've heard yet!! Thanks for the laugh!!

treesap32
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 260 times

Post by treesap32 » July 16th, 2019, 11:17 am

What does BYU have to do with Favero?

Good hire, by the way.

AgMan21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by AgMan21 » July 16th, 2019, 11:35 am

YoungBloodAggie
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 313 times

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 16th, 2019, 12:12 pm

I am once again laughing at the notion that Mike Favero, a man who turned the otherwise unimpressive Logan High into a football powerhouse in the state of Utah, is not qualified to break down game tape and recommend offensive tactics and strategy.
These users liked this post from YoungBloodAggie. Total Likes: 4
USU78BleedAggieBlue0aggies22BLUERUFiO

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

TrueBlueFan
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by TrueBlueFan » July 17th, 2019, 9:24 am

Ok, while I do not totally agree with all of my 16-year-old-self analysis as seen in the post below, I have been saying and thinking this for years. So, I am very happy about this hire. He will be a great addition.

Also, as a side note. He also coached Luke Faulk, who I did not mention in the below post. Unfortunately, Jeff Manning petered out on us. He was incredible in high school but the mission ruined his physical ability. Beyond that, he did end up winning the state title that year (2011) and then won one more (2015). Logan also should have won one more in 2013 but got robbed after a bogus suspension to Chase Nelson.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic