Summer Workouts?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Summer Workouts?

Post by Aggie84025 » June 25th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Anyone close to the team know how summer workouts are going with the new strength coaches? For the past several years the strength coaches have been awesome, was just interested in seeing how it is going with this year's team.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
BigBlueDart



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by BigBlueDart » June 25th, 2019, 1:39 pm

I am also interested in the answer to this question. A strong S&C program has been key to the program's progress over the past decade. I hope Jordan Hicks keeps the program at the same level!



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9062
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4017 times
Been thanked: 2231 times
Contact:

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 2:36 pm

I haven't run into anyone recently to ask but I will make sure to ask once I do. Many of the Polynesian guys live near me.



taniataylor
Posts: 1684
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by taniataylor » June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm

All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
aggies22ViAggie


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by ChicAggie » June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm

taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm
All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
Source level?

That joke never gets old.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22ViAggie


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9062
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4017 times
Been thanked: 2231 times
Contact:

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 2:56 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm
taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm
All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
Source level?

That joke never gets old.
I'm sure she heard that from Jordan's two or three bigger fans from the board. :lol:



User avatar
aggiefan444
Posts: 680
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by aggiefan444 » June 25th, 2019, 3:17 pm

I talked to Devin Andersen at Home Depot the other day, him and Alfred Edwards were working there. He told me that he personally likes coach A a lot better than he did coach Wells, said he didn't like Wells or the way he ran the program. Loved the way coach A is and said that he loves him as his position coach as well.
These users thanked the author aggiefan444 for the post (total 2):
aggies22NVAggie



Chupamedia
Posts: 1244
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Summer Workouts?

Post by Chupamedia » June 25th, 2019, 3:18 pm

I was talking to a couple of players yesterday and they said it is pretty intense and difficult but in a good way. One has been on the team a few years the other will be a true freshman - so I asked the veteran what he thought of the change in the strength and conditioning and he said he thought it was good and there is also a lot of nutrition involved - said he had already lost some excess weight.
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post (total 2):
aggies22NVAggie



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9062
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4017 times
Been thanked: 2231 times
Contact:

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 3:37 pm

aggiefan444 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 3:17 pm
I talked to Devin Andersen at Home Depot the other day, him and Alfred Edwards were working there. He told me that he personally likes coach A a lot better than he did coach Wells, said he didn't like Wells or the way he ran the program. Loved the way coach A is and said that he loves him as his position coach as well.
I've been told that same namely by Tipa but others as well.



Madmartigan
Posts: 2699
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by Madmartigan » June 25th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Chupamedia wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 3:18 pm
I was talking to a couple of players yesterday and they said it is pretty intense and difficult but in a good way. One has been on the team a few years the other will be a true freshman - so I asked the veteran what he thought of the change in the strength and conditioning and he said he thought it was good and there is also a lot of nutrition involved - said he had already lost some excess weight.
Scholz and company did a great job with the S&C program. The S&C guys here with Scholz were mostly Charles Polinquin disciples, which isn't bad. The one small criticism I heard lodged was that while the players numbers were going up in the weight room, it didn't always translate to gains in speed, agility, injury prevention, etc.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16454
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 765 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by NVAggie » June 25th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Glad to see that our community is reaching out to the players and making them feel welcome.



taniataylor
Posts: 1684
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by taniataylor » June 25th, 2019, 3:48 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm
taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm
All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
Source level?

That joke never gets old.
Lol. I know


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

taniataylor
Posts: 1684
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by taniataylor » June 25th, 2019, 3:50 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:56 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm
taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm
All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
Source level?

That joke never gets old.
I'm sure she heard that from Jordan's two or three bigger fans from the board. :lol:
You guys kill me with that!! :anonymous:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2405
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by OKAggie » June 25th, 2019, 7:08 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm
taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm
All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
Source level?

That joke never gets old.
Don't be so sure...


Nobody here knows anything.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16454
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 765 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: Summer Workouts?

Post by NVAggie » June 26th, 2019, 11:13 am

OKAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 7:08 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm
taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:42 pm
All I can tell you is all new players are here. They are on 2 workouts per day
Source level?

That joke never gets old.
Don't be so sure...
TWSS...right OK?



Locked Previous topicNext topic