10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Boise goes 12-0, wins Conf, makes NY6, BYU goes 11-1
1
3%
Boise goes 11-1, wins Conf, BYU goes 12-0, makes NY6/Playoff
0
No votes
Both go about 6-6
3
10%
Boise 1-11, BYU 2-10
1
3%
Boise 2-10, BYU 1-11
8
26%
Boise 12-0/11-1, BYU 1-11
9
29%
Boise 12-0/11-1, BYU 6-6
6
19%
Boise 6-6, BYU 1-11
3
10%
Boise 6-6, BYU 12-0/11-1
0
No votes
Boise 1-11, BYU 6-6
0
No votes
Boise 1-11, BYU 12-0/11-1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 31

User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 573
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 105 times

10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by thegreendalegelf » July 8th, 2019, 11:40 am

Assuming we go 10-2 but lose to Boise State and BYU, how would you want their seasons to go? Saw a similar poll on CB about USU and Utah and wondered how USU fans feel.



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6137
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 606 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by USU78 » July 8th, 2019, 11:48 am

In what universe is it morally justifiable to make any assumption of a home loss in football to the parochial stench? :puke:


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7949
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by ViAggie » July 8th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Weird poll. Why do we care what ybu does? As long as we continue to have our way with them, I'm good.
These users liked this post from ViAggie:
crazywookie


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7426
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1932 times
Been liked: 1034 times
Contact:

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by aggies22 » July 8th, 2019, 12:38 pm

I will never live in a world where I would concede a loss (hypothetical or otherwise) to those losers from pwovo.
These users liked this post from aggies22. Total Likes: 2
USU78JSHarvey



taniataylor
Posts: 1569
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 347 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by taniataylor » July 8th, 2019, 12:45 pm

When I first saw this thread, I thought BAZINGA came back.....


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2466
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 313 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 8th, 2019, 12:51 pm

For me, this is a very easy answer.

If we lose to Boise, we will need them to lose some games to get us into the MWCCG. 6-6 is fine with me. 8-4 or 9-3 would be even better, provided we still had them beat for conference record.

BYU should go 6-6 for a few more years, IMO. 1-11 or 2-10 will get Kalani fired too quickly, and we need the mediocrity to seep in a little deeper before they finally can him.

TLDR; I answered 6-6 for both, but I'd really like to see 9-3 for Boise (not a bad loss at that point) and 6-6 for BYU (keep the mediocrity rolling a little longer).
These users liked this post from YoungBloodAggie:
JSHarvey


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggie in Boise
Posts: 228
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by Aggie in Boise » July 8th, 2019, 1:03 pm

I hate losing to Boise State and BYU especially given the fact that I live in Boise where those programs have the two largest fan bases. As long as we win those two games I will be very happy. I would love to see BYU and BSU lose every single one of their games this season.



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1604
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by Jjoey53 » July 8th, 2019, 1:15 pm

BYU needs to 5-7 and lose to USU, This would be best case scenario for them.

As for Boise don’t really care, as long as a team from the MWC wins the Access Bid. The AAC fans are pretty close to rivaling BYUs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4704
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 8th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Even setting aside if BYU beats us or not, I am almost preferring to see them go around 6-6 over 1-11 just for the sake of keeping Kalani around. I have to admit that while I enjoyed their first few losses, I wasn't wanting them to lose to Hawaii, UMass(again) or New Mexico State lest it got Kalani the ax after last year.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7426
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1932 times
Been liked: 1034 times
Contact:

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by aggies22 » July 8th, 2019, 1:43 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:51 pm
For me, this is a very easy answer.

If we lose to Boise, we will need them to lose some games to get us into the MWCCG. 6-6 is fine with me. 8-4 or 9-3 would be even better, provided we still had them beat for conference record.

BYU should go 6-6 for a few more years, IMO. 1-11 or 2-10 will get Kalani fired too quickly, and we need the mediocrity to seep in a little deeper before they finally can him.

TLDR; I answered 6-6 for both, but I'd really like to see 9-3 for Boise (not a bad loss at that point) and 6-6 for BYU (keep the mediocrity rolling a little longer).
I agree. A steady diet of 5-7 or 6-6 seasons is exactly what they need. Just enough to keep thinking year in and year out that they are about to turn the corner only to be mired in mediocrity. That school and its fanbase want Sitake to be the savior so badly that they'll wait for years if they continue to get teased just a little bit.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4704
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 8th, 2019, 5:05 pm

For those you voted wanting BYU to go 1-11 if their win is against us, Why??? So we can hear about it 20 years down the line like how they still consider it something to brag about that we were their only basketball win in 1997.

I understand not wanting them to do well, but if they are able to beat the weak teams on their schedule, we wouldn't be reminded of being 1 win of at least 4 or 5 as opposed to being reminded of their only win.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 1792
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by NavyBlueAggie » July 8th, 2019, 6:43 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 1:43 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:51 pm
For me, this is a very easy answer.

If we lose to Boise, we will need them to lose some games to get us into the MWCCG. 6-6 is fine with me. 8-4 or 9-3 would be even better, provided we still had them beat for conference record.

BYU should go 6-6 for a few more years, IMO. 1-11 or 2-10 will get Kalani fired too quickly, and we need the mediocrity to seep in a little deeper before they finally can him.

TLDR; I answered 6-6 for both, but I'd really like to see 9-3 for Boise (not a bad loss at that point) and 6-6 for BYU (keep the mediocrity rolling a little longer).
I agree. A steady diet of 5-7 or 6-6 seasons is exactly what they need. Just enough to keep thinking year in and year out that they are about to turn the corner only to be mired in mediocrity. That school and its fanbase want Sitake to be the savior so badly that they'll wait for years if they continue to get teased just a little bit.

I believe 5-7 or 6-6 this season will result in Kalani getting his walking papers. That school has too much money and a storied football recent history to continue with mediocrity. 7-5 might save his job, as it seems that school has some decent recruits on their team at this point. They are easy for me to dislike to the extreme.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1726
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by JSHarvey » July 9th, 2019, 10:12 am

So you are saying we can beat LSU, Wake Forest, Fresno, etc. but lose to YBU? Get a life!
These users liked this post from JSHarvey:
crazywookie


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

deltaaggie
Posts: 55
Joined: July 21st, 2015, 12:59 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by deltaaggie » July 9th, 2019, 2:00 pm

I need BYU to go 5-7 or worse. I've got a lunch bet with an unsufferable BYU fan/co-worker that BYU wont make a bowl game this year.. So far he's paid for lunch twice. Once for our dominating football win and second for us making the NCAA tournament. :rock: You would think that he would be a little humbled but nope...ya just cant beat it out of those zoobies.
These users liked this post from deltaaggie:
JSHarvey



logansdad2
Posts: 2
Joined: March 10th, 2019, 3:02 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by logansdad2 » July 9th, 2019, 2:53 pm

You guys are way too pessimistic just like basketball this team will challenge for conference championship and win nine or 10 or more games


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 573
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by thegreendalegelf » July 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm

I will never stop being amazed at how hypothetical questions can get people so upset on here. I was interested in how the rivalries would effect your thoughts on their seasons. In no way shape or form is this a prediction.



Full
Posts: 1713
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by Full » July 9th, 2019, 3:21 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:Assuming we go 10-2 but lose to Boise State and BYU, how would you want their seasons to go? Saw a similar poll on CB about USU and Utah and wondered how USU fans feel.
BYU 1-11. Boise can be anywhere from 5-6 to 10-2 (6-2 to 1-7). I want them to win OOC games and whatever gives the best opportunity to host the conference championship game in Logan.



cornia27
Posts: 82
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: 10-2 with losses to Boise State and BYU. What would you rather have happen?

Post by cornia27 » July 9th, 2019, 5:32 pm

I live in Boise too and it is tough living around the donkey fans who are getting almost as bad as BYU fans. I can’t and don’t cheer for them when they play a non conference game.
Aggie in Boise wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 1:03 pm
I hate losing to Boise State and BYU especially given the fact that I live in Boise where those programs have the two largest fan bases. As long as we win those two games I will be very happy. I would love to see BYU and BSU lose every single one of their games this season.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic