Flights to wake forest

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggieforlife

Flights to wake forest

Post by Aggieforlife » June 6th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Which city is best to fly into for wake forest?

Aggie84025

Re: Flights to wake forest

Post by Aggie84025 » June 6th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Just depends on what you want to do. When we went to Wake Forest we flew into Raleigh. We spent a day at the beach (topsail beach) which was 2.5 hours away which was fantastic. We then toured the NC State, Duke and NC campuses the morning of the game before traveling to the game. Travel to Winston Salem from Raleigh is about 1.5 hours. Other than the actual poor display of the football team the trip was fantastic. You can also fly into Charlotte which is about 70-80 minutes away.

AggieVoice
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieVoice » June 6th, 2019, 2:17 pm

I got cheap flights to Raleigh ($120 round trip), but Charlotte would have been better had we found the same deal. We are driving all the way to Clemson on Thursday to catch a game there (and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway), then driving back to Winston-Salem on Friday for the Aggie game.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 7th, 2019, 10:53 am

I have to travel to Winston-Salem for work periodically. I typically fly into Charlotte because there is a direct flight from Des Moines and then drive the 1.5 hours up to WS. You could fly into Greensboro, which is really close to WS, or into Raleigh, but depending on your departure city, they’ll likely require a connection somewhere (likely Atlanta, Dallas, or Orlando).

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » June 7th, 2019, 11:23 am

American has a pretty cheap red-eye between SLC and Charlotte: Leaves about 12:30 am MDT and arrives about 6:30 am EDT. I take that one once or twice a year when I visit my inlaws in SW Virginia, as they have regular flights to the two regional airports in the area.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » June 8th, 2019, 4:23 pm

As others have noted, it depends on your criteria for "best." If by "best," you mean closest, that is definitely Piedmont Triad International (GSO). It's a smaller airport, though, and the flight schedule may be limited/expensive. Charlotte and RDU are both a little further away, but there should be a larger selection of flights. One of those three airports is almost certainly going to be your best bet. I hope that helps.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 12th, 2019, 7:57 am

Just booked my ticket to Charlotte (hilariously coded as CLT) for August 29th and back out on August 31st! YBA Sr. and I will be attending the game, and we would like to meet up with whomever else is going to be there!

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » June 14th, 2019, 5:00 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 2:17 pm
I got cheap flights to Raleigh ($120 round trip), but Charlotte would have been better had we found the same deal. We are driving all the way to Clemson on Thursday to catch a game there (and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway), then driving back to Winston-Salem on Friday for the Aggie game.
I love your idea of driving down for the Clemson game. I might steal that one . . . .

Did you get tix already?

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » July 14th, 2019, 1:30 pm

I just booked my flights. I'm flying into Asheville on Wednesday, staying with my sister who lives there, driving down to Clemson for the Ga Tech @ Clemson game on Thursday evening (will plan to hook up with AggieVoice down there if anyone wants to join us), staying overnight in Charlotte on Thursday night (expecting to arrive VERY late), then will head to Winston-Salem on Friday for the game. Staying in WS Friday night, then heading back to Asheville to spend some more time with my sister on Saturday afternoon. Hope to see a bunch of you there!! PM me if you want to hook up.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Locked Previous topicNext topic