Ingram transferring

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
taniataylor

Re: Ingram transferring

Post by taniataylor » August 1st, 2019, 3:00 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 11:36 am
slcagg wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:05 pm
22 what were your biggest take aways from media days?
Jordan Nathan also said expects AJ Carter to make an immediate impact and possibly Cam Lampkin.
Jordan Nathan is not the boss!!! 🤣🤣

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 1st, 2019, 8:05 pm

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » August 1st, 2019, 8:39 pm

slcagg wrote:
Surprise, surprise. Saint Matt Wells strikes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » August 1st, 2019, 10:11 pm

slcagg wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 8:05 pm
Tania?

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » August 1st, 2019, 11:18 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 10:11 pm
slcagg wrote:
Tania?
I swear I didnt know. But the “wreck em” really is the same as #aggieup
I dont remember Jamarcus even liking Coach Wells much less follow him. Omg, so sorry guys

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 2nd, 2019, 4:57 am

taniataylor wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 11:18 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 10:11 pm
slcagg wrote:
Tania?
I swear I didnt know. But the “wreck em” really is the same as #aggieup
I dont remember Jamarcus even liking Coach Wells much less follow him. Omg, so sorry guys
I would suspect it has more to do with playing in the big 12 than it does matt. Be interesting to know who reached out to who here.

pablohoney

Post by pablohoney » August 2nd, 2019, 6:28 am

Put me on the side of I hope Texas Tech fails miserably this year.
These users thanked the author pablohoney for the post:
aggies22

AgMac

Post by AgMac » August 2nd, 2019, 9:36 am

This seems curious to me. It's difficult to not be biased, but I honestly don't think a move to TT will put him more soundly on any NFL radar than staying at USU.

Unless wikipedia is wrong (and it is NEVER wrong :) ), the last DB drafted from TT was in 2009, and they've only had 2 in the past 20 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think USU has had more DBs drafted during that time.

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » August 2nd, 2019, 9:38 am

AgMac wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:36 am
This seems curious to me. It's difficult to not be biased, but I honestly don't think a move to TT will put him more soundly on any NFL radar than staying at USU.

Unless wikipedia is wrong (and it is NEVER wrong :) ), the last DB drafted from TT was in 2009, and they've only had 2 in the past 20 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think USU has had more DBs drafted during that time.
I mean we had 3 in 2013-2014.

Also strangely since 2010 we have only had LBs, RBs, and DBs drafted.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 2nd, 2019, 9:48 am

Just because he’s going to TT doesn’t mean Wells did anything wrong. Ingram may have just decided grad school wasn’t going to work at Utah State and then contacted TT because he knows the coaches there. There isn’t always some deep conspiracy or evil villain in everything that happens in life even though it seems we’ve all been trained to think and believe that...

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 2nd, 2019, 9:57 am

bluegrouse wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:48 am
Just because he’s going to TT doesn’t mean Wells did anything wrong. Ingram may have just decided grad school wasn’t going to work at Utah State and then contacted TT because he knows the coaches there. There isn’t always some deep conspiracy or evil villain in everything that happens in life even though it seems we’ve all been trained to think and believe that...
No, there isn’t. But I bet you my life that Ingram doesn’t throw his name in the transfer portal one month before the season begins after having been successful at USU with a starting spot all but guaranteed, without knowing he already has a landing spot in place.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 2nd, 2019, 10:15 am

bluegrouse wrote:
To me this is too large a coincidence to be a simple "hey Lubbock looks like a good place to do my grad program I''ll transfer to Texas Tech." That and the sting of Collette leaving where there was CLEAR tampering that happened. I don't know anything for a fact, so you could be right, but I think there was some shadiness that went down here.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » August 2nd, 2019, 10:25 am

Madmartigan wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:15 am
bluegrouse wrote:
To me this is too large a coincidence to be a simple "hey Lubbock looks like a good place to do my grad program I''ll transfer to Texas Tech." That and the sting of Collette leaving where there was CLEAR tampering that happened. I don't know anything for a fact, so you could be right, but I think there was some shadiness that went down here.
Lubbock looks like a good place.... said no one ever. :lol: Woof. From a natural beauty perspective, Lubbock is very easily the ugliest place I've been in the United States, and it is not particularly close.

If it really was that Ingram couldn't get admitted to his grad program at USU or something, I wish him well.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » August 2nd, 2019, 11:01 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:25 am
Madmartigan wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Lubbock looks like a good place.... said no one ever. :lol: Woof. From a natural beauty perspective, Lubbock is very easily the ugliest place I've been in the United States, and it is not particularly close.

If it really was that Ingram couldn't get admitted to his grad program at USU or something, I wish him well.
Tarantulas, blow snakes, fire ants, sidewinders, armadillos, and diamondbacks. Lubbock truly does have the lion's share of nature's wonders.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 2nd, 2019, 11:03 am

USU78 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:01 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:25 am
Madmartigan wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

Tarantulas, blow snakes, fire ants, sidewinders, armadillos, and diamondbacks. Lubbock truly does have the lion's share of nature's wonders.
West Texas in general sucks, but Lubbock REALLY sucks. Anyway, I don't like that Ingram transferred so I'm taking my anger out on Lubbock.

Full

Post by Full » August 2nd, 2019, 11:14 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:No, there isn’t. But I bet you my life that Ingram doesn’t throw his name in the transfer portal one month before the season begins after having been successful at USU with a starting spot all but guaranteed, without knowing he already has a landing spot in place.
I’m not mad at someone graduating and transferring before training camp begins. I hope Ingram had a landing spot before putting his name in the transfer portal. Ula Toluta’u is sitting in the portal, and I have to imagine sitting out his second year of football, because he put his name in the portal without getting some assurances first.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 2nd, 2019, 12:13 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:57 am
bluegrouse wrote:
No, there isn’t. But I bet you my life that Ingram doesn’t throw his name in the transfer portal one month before the season begins after having been successful at USU with a starting spot all but guaranteed, without knowing he already has a landing spot in place.
I imagine all the kids transferring from Utah to Utah State knew they had landing spots before they announced their transfers too.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 2nd, 2019, 12:17 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Doesn’t it seem natural that if a kid decides his grad program is not going to work out that he contacts the coaches he’s played for in the past? Doesn’t seem like a huge “coincidence”. Players who didn’t think it was going to work out at Utah for whatever reason decided to follow Gary to Logan because they knew and liked him. Nothing sinister about that.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 2nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:13 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
I imagine all the kids transferring from Utah to Utah State knew they had landing spots before they announced their transfers too.
Big difference between doing it last December and doing it a week before training camp.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » August 2nd, 2019, 12:27 pm

I don’t want to judge Ingram too harshly. From the limited information we have, it’s possible he wasn’t able to get admitted to the USU grad program he wanted or just found a grad program at another school that he preferred. And that’s all fine — it’s his education.

I just don’t really understand why it needed to go deep into the summer before it was known that a transfer would be a possibility. In just about any scenario I can think of, this all should have been settled much sooner to allow us sufficient time to bring in another CB to fill his spot.

I guess it’s possible that the grad program at USU dragged its feet on giving Ingram a decision on admission or something, in which case, it’s not really on him at all.

Just wish we had more info.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 2nd, 2019, 12:30 pm

AgMac wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:36 am

Texas Tech has never been known for it's defense.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 2nd, 2019, 12:31 pm

slcagg wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:19 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:13 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Big difference between doing it last December and doing it a week before training camp.
Okay but that still doesn’t mean Wells did anything wrong. The timing is on Ingram.

Listen, I have no idea what happened. Maybe Wells offered a house and a car. Who knows? People can believe what they want to believe. I’m just saying that not everything that happens is an epic battle between good vs. evil with shady characters plotting to destroy our program. There are perfectly good explanations for what happened that are entirely innocent. Things happen.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 2nd, 2019, 12:34 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
IF Ja'marcus does end up at Texas Tech it won't be because of a graduate program. It will be due to a word that starts with a t and rhymes with pampering.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 2nd, 2019, 12:36 pm

Anyone who thinks this wasn't tampering is incredibly naive. Texas Tech's starting safety was suspended for the year two weeks ago. This is your answer right here as to why Ingram is headed there.

https://wreckemred.com/2019/07/15/texas ... fety-2019/
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
aggies22utahcountyaggie

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 2nd, 2019, 12:38 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:34 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
IF Ja'marcus does end up at Texas Tech it won't be because of a graduate program. It will be due to a word that starts with a t and rhymes with pampering.
For me, accusations require evidence. If there is evidence, I’m always willing to change my point of view.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 2nd, 2019, 12:57 pm

Evidence on a message board??? Good luck. I'm sure there is a way to find out, but no one is willing to go down that road.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 2nd, 2019, 1:00 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:36 pm
Anyone who thinks this wasn't tampering is incredibly naive. Texas Tech's starting safety was suspended for the year two weeks ago. This is your answer right here as to why Ingram is headed there.

https://wreckemred.com/2019/07/15/texas ... fety-2019/
Wow they are thin at safety and Matt moves Ingram to safety last fall. Oh hey I know a guy graduating from the former school I coached at that would be a very good addition.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » August 2nd, 2019, 2:14 pm

Matt will get what’s coming to him.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
ViAggie

Full

Post by Full » August 2nd, 2019, 2:45 pm

Sl7vk wrote:Matt will get what’s coming to him.
The Mike Leach treatment?

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » August 2nd, 2019, 2:51 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:38 pm
aggies22 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
For me, accusations require evidence. If there is evidence, I’m always willing to change my point of view.
I just wanted to come in here and let you know you're not alone, bluegrouse. The assertions against Matt are certainly plausible, but I'm just not willing to adopt the dominant narrative here without more than circumstantial evidence. That and I just don't have the energy to hate on someone who has moved on and essentially left the program in a pretty good place.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » August 2nd, 2019, 2:58 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
I just wanted to come in here and let you know you're not alone, bluegrouse. The assertions against Matt are certainly plausible, but I'm just not willing to adopt the dominant narrative here without more than circumstantial evidence. That and I just don't have the energy to hate on someone who has moved on and essentially left the program in a pretty good place.
Don’t be naive. Do you expect JI and MW to issue a press release? Of course MW reached out. Do you guys still believe in Santa Claus until you’ve seen evidence to the contrary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
CanuckAggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 2nd, 2019, 3:07 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 2:51 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
I am not hating, I care about our program. We don’t want to be a feeder program for Matt. I am pointing out that 1+1 is likely equal to 2. I liked Matt but there appears to be some smoke here.
Not saying there is anything that can be done but it obviously is gonna effect the talent on defense this fall.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » August 2nd, 2019, 3:11 pm

If aggies22 says there was hampering with a "t" then I believe it. :noidea:

No surprise. Move on. Next man up. We want players that want to be here. You know the drill. JFW
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 3):
aggies22slcaggbrownjeans

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » August 2nd, 2019, 3:38 pm

2004AG wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 2:58 pm
Don’t be naive.
Restraining my cynicism is not the same as being naive.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
bigblue

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 2nd, 2019, 4:41 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 2:51 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
I don't think any of us, beyond 22 and maybe Tania has inner knowledge of how it worked out, but it's still an incredible coincidence to not consider that tampering went on. The optics of it aren't good for Wells. I hope he didn't tamper, but I wouldn't be surprised based on all the evidence we have.

Locked Previous topicNext topic