Crazy Stat for 2019 Roster

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
YoungBloodAggie

Crazy Stat for 2019 Roster

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 2nd, 2019, 9:14 pm

Only fifteen seniors on this team. Anderson, Baker, Bright, Burt, Dalton, Eberle, Galeai, Haney, Harris, Leilua, Mariner, Repp, Unga, Wildman, Williams,

I immediately thought of two things:

1. For only fifteen seniors, we have some excellent leadership and a ton of talent in that group. The only non-letterman is Harris, who is a high character teammate. You should reasonably expect almost every one of these guys to be the leader in their position group and to play a high number of snaps.

2. We are loaded for the future (I know we get grumpy about looking forward too far, but I also don't care). 2020 will have a monster senior class (with or without Love), and could deliver one of the most memorable seasons we've ever had with a home game against Wazzu and roadies in Seattle, Provo, and Boise.

3. 2021 is lining up to be another 10+ win season. The schedule is uh...soft, to say the least and we will have potentially up to 50+ returning lettermen. We could theoretically have more than 100 career starts along the offensive line coming back, and our talented QB room will be all grown up.

Anyway, it's late and I was looking at the 2019 Media Guide (doing more Wikipedia stuff), so I thought maybe someone else would find this interesting.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
NVAggie

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Crazy Stat for 2019 Roster

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm

The wiki page really shows how much experience we have in terms of redshirts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 4th, 2019, 7:52 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm
The wiki page really shows how much experience we have in terms of redshirts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion, it is the mark of an established G5 team to have more than 50% of your players have redshirts. Given our limitations in recruiting relative to the wealthier programs, the answer is developmental expertise. That redshirt year is critical for our guys, and has so often produced great results (Vigil, Doughty, Fackrell, Woodward, and others come to mind just in the LB group).
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
USU78

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 5th, 2019, 9:32 am

Our youth is also one of the reasons that the media doesn't see us having as much success as last year. I think it will be nice to prove them wrong.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
IdaAg93

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » August 5th, 2019, 3:22 pm

The good thing is we will have success this year and because of this youth that we have, be set up for another few years of good sustained success as well. I like the trajectory that we're on and the strength of several of the key position groups like youngblood mentioned in the OP.

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

Locked Previous topicNext topic