Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by jpswensen » August 14th, 2019, 12:14 am

Favorite lines from sports movies. Guess the movie that had the previous line and then add your own.


“Heroes get remembered, but legends never die”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

Machismo
Posts: 3557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Machismo » August 14th, 2019, 6:35 am

jpswensen wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 12:14 am
Favorite lines from sports movies. Guess the movie that had the previous line and then add your own.


“Heroes get remembered, but legends never die”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Sandlot I think.


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1735
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by sam tingey » August 14th, 2019, 6:43 am

"If you can dodge a wrench..."
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post (total 2):
Madmartiganthegreendalegelf



Machismo
Posts: 3557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Machismo » August 14th, 2019, 6:46 am

sam tingey wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 6:43 am
"If you can dodge a wrench..."
Dodgeball :lol:

“Captain Insano shows no mercy.”


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
RigAggie
Posts: 863
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by RigAggie » August 14th, 2019, 8:03 am

Waterboy...

"Left Side!!"



Machismo
Posts: 3557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Machismo » August 14th, 2019, 8:06 am

RigAggie wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 8:03 am
Waterboy...

"Left Side!!"
Remember the Titans


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by jpswensen » August 14th, 2019, 8:14 am

Here is a bit harder one, though I’ll give an easier hint if no one gets it.

“And they’ll pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and peace they lack.”


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

Madmartigan
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Madmartigan » August 14th, 2019, 8:57 am

jpswensen wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 8:14 am
Here is a bit harder one, though I’ll give an easier hint if no one gets it.

“And they’ll pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and peace they lack.”
Field of Dreams

"In this lifetime, you don't have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself."



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1735
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by sam tingey » August 14th, 2019, 9:05 am

"In this lifetime, you don't have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself."
Riley Nelson!

Stretching the rules of the game a little, but still one of my favorite quotes.

'Why does Rice play Texas? Because it is hard,'”



IditarodAGGIE
Posts: 24
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 6:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by IditarodAGGIE » August 14th, 2019, 9:53 am

'Why does Rice play Texas? Because it is hard,'”
JFK, JFK, JFK, JFK, JFK, JFK, JFK

“Forget about the crowds, the size of the school, their fancy uniforms, and remember what got you here.”



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16473
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by NVAggie » August 14th, 2019, 10:12 am

Hoosiers

"Great moments are born out of great opportunities"



User avatar
Empire of Dirt
Posts: 3306
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:57 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Empire of Dirt » August 14th, 2019, 10:18 am

Miracle

"The world needs ditch diggers too."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk



"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Jjoey53 » August 14th, 2019, 10:25 am

“You have no eggs.”


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Jjoey53 » August 14th, 2019, 10:25 am

Empire of Dirt wrote:Miracle

"The world needs ditch diggers too."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Caddy shack.

Also, the quote about Rice v Texas was JFK.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



taniataylor
Posts: 1684
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 575 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by taniataylor » August 14th, 2019, 10:41 am

"SHOW MEEEEEE THEEEEEE MONEY"


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by jpswensen » August 14th, 2019, 10:56 am

taniataylor wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 10:41 am
"SHOW MEEEEEE THEEEEEE MONEY"
Jerry Maguire

This one is reaching a little bit, but fishing is a sport too, right?

"My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy."


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

User avatar
sammyhagar
Posts: 394
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:15 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by sammyhagar » August 14th, 2019, 11:11 am

I am all jacked up on Mountain Dew



sneed
Posts: 832
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by sneed » August 14th, 2019, 11:19 am

jpswensen wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 10:41 am
"SHOW MEEEEEE THEEEEEE MONEY"
Jerry Maguire

This one is reaching a little bit, but fishing is a sport too, right?

"My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy."
A river runs through it.

Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!



User avatar
sambonethegreat
Posts: 940
Joined: September 5th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by sambonethegreat » August 14th, 2019, 11:22 am

sneed wrote:
jpswensen wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 10:41 am
"SHOW MEEEEEE THEEEEEE MONEY"
Jerry Maguire

This one is reaching a little bit, but fishing is a sport too, right?

"My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy."
A river runs through it.

Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!
A League of their Own

“Up your butt, Jobu.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7160
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by GeoAg » August 14th, 2019, 12:08 pm

sambonethegreat wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:22 am
sneed wrote:
jpswensen wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 10:41 am
"SHOW MEEEEEE THEEEEEE MONEY"
Jerry Maguire

This one is reaching a little bit, but fishing is a sport too, right?

"My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy."
A river runs through it.

Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!
A League of their Own

“Up your butt, Jobu.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Major league?

“Every time I call it a business, you call it a game! And every time I call it a game, you call it a business!”


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

User avatar
ShowMeAggie
Posts: 584
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:43 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by ShowMeAggie » August 14th, 2019, 1:37 pm

sammyhagar wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:11 am
I am all jacked up on Mountain Dew
Talladega Nights...The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

"Is that goal regulation size, or what?!"



Machismo
Posts: 3557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Machismo » August 14th, 2019, 1:40 pm

GeoAg wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 12:08 pm
sambonethegreat wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:22 am
sneed wrote:
jpswensen wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 10:41 am
"SHOW MEEEEEE THEEEEEE MONEY"
Jerry Maguire

This one is reaching a little bit, but fishing is a sport too, right?

"My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy."
A river runs through it.

Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!
A League of their Own

“Up your butt, Jobu.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Major league?

“Every time I call it a business, you call it a game! And every time I call it a game, you call it a business!”
North Dallas Forty!


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

Machismo
Posts: 3557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Machismo » August 14th, 2019, 1:43 pm

"You're five foot nothin. A hundred and nothin. And you have barely a speck of athletic ability."


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

blueblood
Posts: 319
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:52 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by blueblood » August 14th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Machismo wrote:"You're five foot nothin. A hundred and nothin. And you have barely a speck of athletic ability."
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by jpswensen » August 14th, 2019, 2:03 pm

To keep it going:

"You’re gonna die, clown!"


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9085
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4067 times
Been thanked: 2256 times
Contact:

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by aggies22 » August 14th, 2019, 2:06 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 1:37 pm
sammyhagar wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:11 am
I am all jacked up on Mountain Dew
Talladega Nights...The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

"Is that goal regulation size, or what?!"
Happy Gilmore

"Stay Perfect."



Machismo
Posts: 3557
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Machismo » August 14th, 2019, 3:37 pm

jpswensen wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 2:03 pm
To keep it going:

"You’re gonna die, clown!"
Happy Gilmore- Miniature Golfing learning how to putt.

"My you have lovely hair, You ever find any Spiders in it?"


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8095
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by BigBlueDart » August 14th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Really wanted to use the closing lines of Raising Arizona, but it's not a sports movie, so here's this:

"Thomas can raise a barn, but can he pick up a 7-10 split?"
"God blessed my brother to be a good carpenter. It's okay."
"Yeah, well he blessed you, too, and I'll give you a hint what it is. It's round, has three holes, and you put your fingers into it."
"You leave Rebecca out of this!"

Oh, and the previous quote was from The Longest Yard. The original one.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9085
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4067 times
Been thanked: 2256 times
Contact:

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by aggies22 » August 14th, 2019, 4:25 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 4:00 pm
Really wanted to use the closing lines of Raising Arizona, but it's not a sports movie, so here's this:

"Thomas can raise a barn, but can he pick up a 7-10 split?"
"God blessed my brother to be a good carpenter. It's okay."
"Yeah, well he blessed you, too, and I'll give you a hint what it is. It's round, has three holes, and you put your fingers into it."
"You leave Rebecca out of this!"

Oh, and the previous quote was from The Longest Yard. The original one.
Kingpin.



jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by jpswensen » August 14th, 2019, 4:31 pm

To keep it going:

"Well, I've been with the best. I've beaten the best. I've retired more men than Social Security."


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7117
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1151 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by USU78 » August 14th, 2019, 4:31 pm

I think he broke his ******* neck!
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
jpswensen


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

bigbluemtn
Posts: 4
Joined: December 4th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by bigbluemtn » August 14th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Longest Yard.
Mark it 8 Dude, next frame.
These users thanked the author bigbluemtn for the post:
bigblue



bigskysbro
Posts: 176
Joined: January 7th, 2011, 9:16 pm
Location: Orting WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by bigskysbro » August 14th, 2019, 7:11 pm

bigbluemtn wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Longest Yard.
Mark it 8 Dude, next frame.
Shut the f&$* up Donny
These users thanked the author bigskysbro for the post:
bigblue



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Jjoey53 » August 14th, 2019, 7:37 pm

USU78 wrote:I think he broke his ******* neck!

Original Longest Yard

You’ll get nothing and you will like it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Since we are all getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the season to begin

Post by Jjoey53 » August 14th, 2019, 7:38 pm

bigskysbro wrote:
bigbluemtn wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Longest Yard.
Mark it 8 Dude, next frame.
Shut the f&$* up Donny

Red Dawn


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Locked Previous topicNext topic