Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5204
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 19th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Wow this is an awesome pickup. Defensive back from ASU. Here was a big time player for them last season at times. He was slated to be their #3 corner though. He is eligible immediately and is a junior this year.

Here's an article from a few weeks ago when he wasn't going to transfer.

Last edited by Roy McAvoy on August 19th, 2019, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
aggies22Machismo



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8304
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU

Post by ViAggie » August 19th, 2019, 2:52 pm

any official word?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2951 times
Been thanked: 1647 times
Contact:

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by aggies22 » August 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm

I'm hoping to 100% confirm this but by all accounts, it looks like the real deal! Solid job Roy!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
thegreendalegelf



Aggieforlife
Posts: 557
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Aggieforlife » August 19th, 2019, 3:08 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm
I'm hoping to 100% confirm this but by all accounts, it looks like the real deal! Solid job Roy!
His Twitter still shows the letter pinned saying that he was entering the transfer portal, but his most recent tweets are retweet’s about him staying at asu?



Bigd23
Posts: 53
Joined: August 30th, 2015, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Bigd23 » August 19th, 2019, 3:10 pm

Can't find any information on this online as everything points to Adams having decided to stay at ASU and was welcomed back to the team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




aggie4L
Posts: 49
Joined: September 23rd, 2016, 9:47 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by aggie4L » August 19th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Couple of tweets FWIW.






aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2951 times
Been thanked: 1647 times
Contact:

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by aggies22 » August 19th, 2019, 3:15 pm

This was posted by Arizona State's 247sports guy an hour and a half ago.

https://247sports.com/Article/ASU-footb ... 134585941/



Aggieforlife
Posts: 557
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Aggieforlife » August 19th, 2019, 3:17 pm

aggie4L wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:14 pm
Couple of tweets FWIW.





This is huge, and he is eligible immediately?



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3310
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by ratofallaggies » August 19th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:17 pm
aggie4L wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:14 pm
Couple of tweets FWIW.





This is huge, and he is eligible immediately?
Roy answered that in bold on his first post.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoyaggies22



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5204
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 19th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Bigd23 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Can't find any information on this online as everything points to Adams having decided to stay at ASU and was welcomed back to the team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Image
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on August 19th, 2019, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 612
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by thegreendalegelf » August 19th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Bigd23 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:10 pm
Can't find any information on this online as everything points to Adams having decided to stay at ASU and was welcomed back to the team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Don't doubt me on this.

Image
So he graduated and this is a "grad" transfer? cause how is he eligible otherwise?

Not doubting you, just trying to understand the situation.



ususports
Posts: 1207
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by ususports » August 19th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:17 pm
This is huge, and he is eligible immediately?
TWSS



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '15 & '17 Weekly
Posts: 15624
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 420 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 19th, 2019, 4:19 pm

That sucks for ASU. Hope they weren't blind sided but happy to have him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Bigd23
Posts: 53
Joined: August 30th, 2015, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Bigd23 » August 19th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Not doubting at all just hoping that it is true.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




Madmartigan
Posts: 2668
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Madmartigan » August 19th, 2019, 4:33 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 4:19 pm
That sucks for ASU. Hope they weren't blind sided but happy to have him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your first concern is the feelings of ASU? INCONCEIVABLE!
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
BioAggie



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8304
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by ViAggie » August 19th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Maybe the coach meant the University of Utah, people always seem to get us confused with each other, like "wow there's two Universities in Utah? I didn't know that!" :joking:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Imakeitrain
Posts: 5547
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Imakeitrain » August 19th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Good for him. Herm Edwards is a great coach- but Gary Andersen knows the name of his team. :devil:
Last edited by Imakeitrain on August 19th, 2019, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
donlarson8


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8453
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2951 times
Been thanked: 1647 times
Contact:

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by aggies22 » August 19th, 2019, 5:04 pm

The real question is, does he get jersey #2?



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5547
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Imakeitrain » August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm

But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 385
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by frankiesaysrelax » August 19th, 2019, 5:14 pm

It just sounds like the dude knew he wouldn’t get as much playing time as he wanted. I imagine he was talked back into staying with promise of earning time during camp. He probably saw the he wasn’t in any better spot halfway into camp so he wanted out.
These users thanked the author frankiesaysrelax for the post:
Imakeitrain



bluegrouse
Posts: 3070
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by bluegrouse » August 19th, 2019, 7:06 pm

“Adams' father is former NFL Pro Bowl defensive lineman Sam Adams, who played in Baltimore and Cincinnati...”



Madmartigan
Posts: 2668
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Madmartigan » August 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
The simplest explanation is he tried aggie blue mint and knew he couldn't live without it the two remaining years of eligibility.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 6):
tysteve20NVAggieTrueBlueFanViAggiesam tingeyHomeTown



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15398
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 664 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 19th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Welcome aboard and join the ranks. We sorely needed the depth.



slcagg
Posts: 3549
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by slcagg » August 19th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
The simplest explanation is he tried aggie blue mint and knew he couldn't live without it the two remaining years of eligibility.
Doesn’t he need a certain number of practices before he can play? Even then 2 weeks to learn a defense is difficult to be ready to contribute much.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1551
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Aggie84025 » August 19th, 2019, 8:09 pm

What type of stats did he have at ASU? Would people think he is on par with Ingram or better/worse? Seems like a good get this late in the season. Hopefully he is motivated to play well.



Chatman
Posts: 1089
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Chatman » August 19th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:09 pm
What type of stats did he have at ASU? Would people think he is on par with Ingram or better/worse? Seems like a good get this late in the season. Hopefully he is motivated to play well.
Good question. We are a better team than ASU right now and he wasn’t going to get playing time much there. I guess we need some depth and he fills a need.



BeNo
Posts: 659
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by BeNo » August 19th, 2019, 9:31 pm

What Adams have did, that Ingram have not did?
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post:
USU78



slcagg
Posts: 3549
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by slcagg » August 19th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Chatman wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:09 pm
What type of stats did he have at ASU? Would people think he is on par with Ingram or better/worse? Seems like a good get this late in the season. Hopefully he is motivated to play well.
Good question. We are a better team than ASU right now and he wasn’t going to get playing time much there. I guess we need some depth and he fills a need.
Even if that is the case and we are a better team than asu doesn’t mean that we have better corners than asu. Position groups can be stronger at one school when compared to another. Plus we essentially play 3 corners on a starting defense so that will probably open up opportunities.



captain68
Posts: 148
Joined: August 29th, 2013, 6:37 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by captain68 » August 19th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Found this video. He looks to have good potential.




Aggieforlife
Posts: 557
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Aggieforlife » August 19th, 2019, 9:59 pm

slcagg wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:08 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
The simplest explanation is he tried aggie blue mint and knew he couldn't live without it the two remaining years of eligibility.
Doesn’t he need a certain number of practices before he can play? Even then 2 weeks to learn a defense is difficult to be ready to contribute much.
This is also what I would most like to know, what are the odds he plays at wake?



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5204
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 19th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:59 pm
slcagg wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:08 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
The simplest explanation is he tried aggie blue mint and knew he couldn't live without it the two remaining years of eligibility.
Doesn’t he need a certain number of practices before he can play? Even then 2 weeks to learn a defense is difficult to be ready to contribute much.
This is also what I would most like to know, what are the odds he plays at wake?
He isn’t going to play against Wake Forest. It’ll probably be 3 weeks at minimum to get acclimated.



User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 822
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by GeorgiaAggie » August 19th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:59 pm
slcagg wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:08 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
The simplest explanation is he tried aggie blue mint and knew he couldn't live without it the two remaining years of eligibility.
Doesn’t he need a certain number of practices before he can play? Even then 2 weeks to learn a defense is difficult to be ready to contribute much.
This is also what I would most like to know, what are the odds he plays at wake?
In the article written by the ASU reporter, it says he went through half of their fall camp. I’m sure he has the required number of practices. Learning our defense is another story.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6131
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by MetsJetsAggies » August 20th, 2019, 12:39 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
Probably had to pass summer classes to graduate and be eligible immediately. It sounds like Ingram did the same thing but may not have been able to be a grad transfer now
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3310
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by ratofallaggies » August 20th, 2019, 8:24 am

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:59 pm
slcagg wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:08 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm
But tbh there is so much upside and this is enormous going into play Wake.

But there is something strange going on. He wanted to go, then he didn’t, now he’s transferring? I don’t know what is going on in his life so I won’t judge to conclusions. I just hope he is committed.
The simplest explanation is he tried aggie blue mint and knew he couldn't live without it the two remaining years of eligibility.
Doesn’t he need a certain number of practices before he can play? Even then 2 weeks to learn a defense is difficult to be ready to contribute much.
This is also what I would most like to know, what are the odds he plays at wake?
In the article written by the ASU reporter, it says he went through half of their fall camp. I’m sure he has the required number of practices. Learning our defense is another story.
Defenses, especially cover schemes, aren't that difficult to learn. If he's dedicated, it wouldn't be much of an issue to learn the defense. As far as his abilities, he was playing behind Lucas at ASU who has the potential to be picked in the first couple of rounds in the upcoming NFL draft next spring.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5204
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 328 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Terin Adams Transferring to USU!

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 20th, 2019, 8:35 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:09 pm
What type of stats did he have at ASU? Would people think he is on par with Ingram or better/worse? Seems like a good get this late in the season. Hopefully he is motivated to play well.
He's an amazing get at this stage. We were so thin with defensive backs. One injury and we were hurting I think. I'm not sure what will happen season, but I imagine it's almost a certainty he'll be starting next year as a Senior.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
aggies22Madmartigan



Locked Previous topicNext topic