Ingram?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2212
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 199 times

Ingram?

Post by ineptimusprime » August 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Has Ingram landed anywhere yet? Feel sort of bad for the kid for making such a terrible life decision.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7182
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by dyedblue » August 19th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Who?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4710
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 19th, 2019, 9:47 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has Ingram landed anywhere yet? Feel sort of bad for the kid for making such a terrible life decision.
No sign of him anywhere. I feel absolutely horrible for the kid. He was simply following some horrible advice from coaches he had grown to trust these past few years. It’s quite sad really.



Chatman
Posts: 998
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Chatman » August 19th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:47 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has Ingram landed anywhere yet? Feel sort of bad for the kid for making such a terrible life decision.
No sign of him anywhere. I feel absolutely horrible for the kid. He was simply following some horrible advice from coaches he had grown to trust these past few years. It’s quite sad really.
Is it possible the transfer portal will end up hurting players more than helping them?



pilotaggie
Posts: 484
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by pilotaggie » August 19th, 2019, 10:53 pm

I'm out of the loop on this one. What happened?



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7018
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1549 times
Been liked: 759 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by aggies22 » August 20th, 2019, 5:58 am

Chatman wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:03 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:47 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has Ingram landed anywhere yet? Feel sort of bad for the kid for making such a terrible life decision.
No sign of him anywhere. I feel absolutely horrible for the kid. He was simply following some horrible advice from coaches he had grown to trust these past few years. It’s quite sad really.
Is it possible the transfer portal will end up hurting players more than helping them?
The NCAA created the transfer portal in an effort to create more transparency in regards to transfers with the main focus being put on trying to stop poaching. All it's really done is caused many coaches to adopt a "you enter the transfer portal, you're not coming back here" policy. Which I'm fine with.
These users liked this post from aggies22. Total Likes: 2
USU78NavyBlueAggie



Full
Posts: 1670
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Full » August 20th, 2019, 6:12 am

Chatman wrote:Is it possible the transfer portal will end up hurting players more than helping them?
It appears to be the case for many players that have entered. If it was set up to get rid of poaching, it isn’t working. I do think coaches see kids on the portal as more likely to transfer again. If they see close to the same potential in a high school recruit, the high school kid wins.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 791
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 20th, 2019, 8:36 am

Did I miss something? I thought he was headed to Texas Tech?



taniataylor
Posts: 1492
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 232 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by taniataylor » August 20th, 2019, 8:43 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:36 am
Did I miss something? I thought he was headed to Texas Tech?
No, not going to Texas Tech
These users liked this post from taniataylor. Total Likes: 2
flying_scotsman2.0aggies22


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4710
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 20th, 2019, 8:51 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:36 am
Did I miss something? I thought he was headed to Texas Tech?
He couldn't get eligible to actually be a grad transfer. He's only been in school for 3 years and hasn't been on a track to take extra classes and graduate in 3 years.

Seems SOMEBODY gave him very very bad advice.
These users liked this post from Roy McAvoy:
flying_scotsman2.0



MWCFAN12
Posts: 650
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 20th, 2019, 9:16 am

aggies22 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 5:58 am
Chatman wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:03 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:47 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has Ingram landed anywhere yet? Feel sort of bad for the kid for making such a terrible life decision.
No sign of him anywhere. I feel absolutely horrible for the kid. He was simply following some horrible advice from coaches he had grown to trust these past few years. It’s quite sad really.
Is it possible the transfer portal will end up hurting players more than helping them?
The NCAA created the transfer portal in an effort to create more transparency in regards to transfers with the main focus being put on trying to stop poaching. All it's really done is caused many coaches to adopt a "you enter the transfer portal, you're not coming back here" policy. Which I'm fine with.

And the interesting part is coach will only take kids from programs they Trust.
I read that 47% of P5 kids who enter the portal end up with nowhere to land.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 7603
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by ViAggie » August 20th, 2019, 9:19 am

GA is a no-nonsense coach, so when you enter the TP, and he finds out about it, there is no coming back! Nada! You are here to play for USU and if you don't like it here, hit the trail!

The rumor on Ingram was that he was going to transfer to Weber (after getting bad advice about being able to transfer as a non-grad student). What/where/who he ends up with is still unknown. What is known is that he's already been replaced in kind.

Best of luck to him though.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

jpswensen
Posts: 1389
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 127 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by jpswensen » August 20th, 2019, 9:25 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 9:16 am
And the interesting part is coach will only take kids from programs they Trust.
I read that 47% of P5 kids who enter the portal end up with nowhere to land.
I bet that of the other 53%, a non-trivial portion included a bit of tampering to make promises about available position before they even started the transfer portal process.

It would be incredibly interesting for a national reporting to start seeking out athletes where tampering had occurred and then things fell through. I suspect these athletes who ended up in FCS or worse would be more apt to spill the beans if they felt promises and trust were broken.


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2212
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by ineptimusprime » August 20th, 2019, 10:45 am

I’d still like him back from a depth perspective if he is contrite, but I understand that would probably mess with team chemistry and create more problems than it is worth, especially since we just landed a P5 transfer.

Just sad to see a kid throw it all away. If he can’t grad transfer, he’s basically SoL and will have to go FCS, right?

From potential starter on a good FBS team to FCS.... ouch.



NVAggie
Posts: 15332
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 390 times
Been liked: 319 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by NVAggie » August 20th, 2019, 10:53 am

If this kid was given bad advice by trusted former coaches, shame on the coaches. It stinks to lose a player, but I would rather these kids be where they want to be.



AgMan21
Posts: 1209
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by AgMan21 » August 20th, 2019, 11:12 am

I think the only way you can let someone come back after that is if the entire team unanimously welcomes him back. Otherwise, that's really hard.

Having said that, if the team accepted Ingram back, then I'd be ok with him coming back. Otherwise, I agree with Gary.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7182
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by dyedblue » August 20th, 2019, 11:12 am

Ingram isn't innocent here. He chose to listen to the snakes. He's not a naive 17 year old kid. He was trying to be a graduate transfer meaning he is a college graduate. He's old enough to make his own choices.

That being said I'd love to see kids like this expose the coaches that illegally tampering with players.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

taniataylor
Posts: 1492
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 232 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by taniataylor » August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am

Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
These users liked this post from taniataylor. Total Likes: 2
aggies22donlarson8


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

MWCFAN12
Posts: 650
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am

taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.



taniataylor
Posts: 1492
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 232 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by taniataylor » August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.
Sorry.... :(


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

MWCFAN12
Posts: 650
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 20th, 2019, 11:47 am

taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.
Sorry.... :(
No worries. I understand why he left. You have to do what's best for you and your family. And that's the criteria he used to make that decision.

I have no problem with him making that decision. And I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands. And I'm sure the large majority of fans feel that way.

And it is 100% okay for you to go mama bear on people here. I get it.



taniataylor
Posts: 1492
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 232 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by taniataylor » August 20th, 2019, 11:54 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:47 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.
Sorry.... :(
No worries. I understand why he left. You have to do what's best for you and your family. And that's the criteria he used to make that decision.

I have no problem with him making that decision. And I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands. And I'm sure the large majority of fans feel that way.

And it is 100% okay for you to go mama bear on people here. I get it.
I am only MaMa Bear to one....but my baby cub is roommates with said player, so I try to stick to the facts


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

MWCFAN12
Posts: 650
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 20th, 2019, 11:57 am

taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:54 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:47 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.
Sorry.... :(
No worries. I understand why he left. You have to do what's best for you and your family. And that's the criteria he used to make that decision.

I have no problem with him making that decision. And I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands. And I'm sure the large majority of fans feel that way.

And it is 100% okay for you to go mama bear on people here. I get it.
I am only MaMa Bear to one....but my baby cub is roommates with said player, so I try to stick to the facts
I know how it works. You are Mama bear to one yes, but you also look out for your kids friends. And that is how it should be. And I thank you for that.
These users liked this post from MWCFAN12:
taniataylor



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5480
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 143 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by TheAKAggie » August 20th, 2019, 12:20 pm

We’ll take a kid from the transfer portal though!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

AggieFBObsession
Posts: 635
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by AggieFBObsession » August 20th, 2019, 12:30 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:20 pm
We’ll take a kid from the transfer portal though!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems like a double standard almost. The assumption seems to be that Utah State>>B therefore, we'll take a transfer. However because of that assumption someone considering seriously transferring from Utah State to elsewhere is unacceptable.

However the reality is that kids are never so ideal in their thinking. They can be influenced heavily especially by former coaches and current close friends and family. Those influences may or may not be for the best. I'm not convinced that a policy of a closed door when a kid puts himself in the portal is the best policy for the kids. That said, Ingram already had some stains on his track record.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7018
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1549 times
Been liked: 759 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by aggies22 » August 20th, 2019, 12:31 pm

taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:54 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:47 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.
Sorry.... :(
No worries. I understand why he left. You have to do what's best for you and your family. And that's the criteria he used to make that decision.

I have no problem with him making that decision. And I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands. And I'm sure the large majority of fans feel that way.

And it is 100% okay for you to go mama bear on people here. I get it.
I am only MaMa Bear to one....but my baby cub is roommates with said player, so I try to stick to the facts
Does Ja'marcus still live there? My wife and I were talking with Jordan a week or so ago and he only named Kevin and Al as his roommates.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4710
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 20th, 2019, 12:34 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:30 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:20 pm
We’ll take a kid from the transfer portal though!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems like a double standard almost. The assumption seems to be that Utah State>>B therefore, we'll take a transfer. However because of that assumption someone considering seriously transferring from Utah State to elsewhere is unacceptable.

However the reality is that kids are never so ideal in their thinking. They can be influenced heavily especially by former coaches and current close friends and family. Those influences may or may not be for the best. I'm not convinced that a policy of a closed door when a kid puts himself in the portal is the best policy for the kids. That said, Ingram already had some stains on his track record.
Except your "double standard" premise is entirely a straw man argument. Who here is actually claiming Ingram transferring elsewhere is "unacceptable" and on the flip side celebrating us landing Terin Adams? Nobody is. You're not actually arguing against anyone.



taniataylor
Posts: 1492
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 232 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by taniataylor » August 20th, 2019, 12:37 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:31 pm
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:54 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:47 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Easy with the " you guys" stuff... It is some .. And not that many.
Sorry.... :(
No worries. I understand why he left. You have to do what's best for you and your family. And that's the criteria he used to make that decision.

I have no problem with him making that decision. And I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands. And I'm sure the large majority of fans feel that way.

And it is 100% okay for you to go mama bear on people here. I get it.
I am only MaMa Bear to one....but my baby cub is roommates with said player, so I try to stick to the facts
Does Ja'marcus still live there? My wife and I were talking with Jordan a week or so ago and he only named Kevin and Al as his roommates.
He just officially got off of the lease, he still goes there and cuts alot of the team's hair. Al has moved in and Jamarcus moved with his girlfriend that goes to Weber


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4710
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm

taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Again, people are lamenting him leaving due to the loss for the team, but who is actually cursing him for it and saying it was wrong for him to leave? Nobody is. What exactly are you defending?

I will disagree about making an impact. He has a two year starter for us as a freshman & sophomore. Yes, he was out 1/2 of last season but I argue 1) Our defensive back play last year struggled at times 2) We had Deante Fortenberry to play in his place and 3) We've moved to a 4-2-5 defense so we have one more defensive back on the field than last season, making his loss even bigger.

Yes, other players are stepping up and bringing in Terin Adams helps so much. Losing Ingram was a loss though due to the 3 factors I just stated and yes we have lamented his loss. There are also people on here obviously just finding it out for the first time so it's their turn to lament it too.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7018
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1549 times
Been liked: 759 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by aggies22 » August 20th, 2019, 12:40 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:30 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:20 pm
We’ll take a kid from the transfer portal though!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems like a double standard almost. The assumption seems to be that Utah State>>B therefore, we'll take a transfer. However because of that assumption someone considering seriously transferring from Utah State to elsewhere is unacceptable.

However the reality is that kids are never so ideal in their thinking. They can be influenced heavily especially by former coaches and current close friends and family. Those influences may or may not be for the best. I'm not convinced that a policy of a closed door when a kid puts himself in the portal is the best policy for the kids. That said, Ingram already had some stains on his track record.
A closed-door policy might NOT be the best policy for the kid that wants to test the waters BUT the Head Coach has 114 other kids that he has to think of. If a kid wants to risk foregoing a sure thing at his current school and put his name in the transfer portal hoping to attract a better offer from a bigger school, then the kid has to accept the risk and the consequences if it doesn't work out the way he had initially hoped.



AggieFBObsession
Posts: 635
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by AggieFBObsession » August 20th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:34 pm
You're not actually arguing against anyone.
It doesn't really matter whether I do or I don't. It's only my opinion. :cheers:



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4710
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 20th, 2019, 12:42 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:41 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:34 pm
You're not actually arguing against anyone.
It doesn't really matter whether I do or I don't. It's only my opinion. :cheers:
:cheers:
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on August 20th, 2019, 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7018
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1549 times
Been liked: 759 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by aggies22 » August 20th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Again, people are lamenting him leaving due to the loss for the team, but who is actually cursing him for it and saying it was wrong for him to leave? Nobody is. What exactly are you defending?

I will disagree about making an impact. He has a two year starter for us as a freshman & sophomore. Yes, he was out 1/2 of last season but I argue 1) Our defensive back play last year struggled at times 2) We had Deante Fortenberry to play in his place and 3) We've moved to a 4-2-5 defense so we have one more defensive back on the field than last season, making his loss even bigger.

Yes, other players are stepping up and bringing in Terin Adams helps so much. Losing Ingram was a loss though due to the 3 factors I just stated and yes we have lamented his loss. There are also people on here obviously just finding it out for the first time so it's their turn to lament it too.
If a kid wants to go he can go. It's college football and kids come and go every year for one reason or another. If Ja'marcus wants to go, good luck. My ONLY issue with his decision was the timing of his decision. Much like ol' Collette in hoops, at least give us a chance to recruit your replacement!



taniataylor
Posts: 1492
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 232 times

Re: Ingram?

Post by taniataylor » August 20th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm
taniataylor wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
Ingram is a graduate transfer. What is wrong with him leaving? He did not got to Texas Tech, he graduated and needed specific classes to obtain his masters. You guys act like he made that big of an impact, he was gone about 1/2 the season.....we've moved on.....damn this is gonna be a long 10 days
Again, people are lamenting him leaving due to the loss for the team, but who is actually cursing him for it and saying it was wrong for him to leave? Nobody is. What exactly are you defending?

I will disagree about making an impact. He has a two year starter for us as a freshman & sophomore. Yes, he was out 1/2 of last season but I argue 1) Our defensive back play last year struggled at times 2) We had Deante Fortenberry to play in his place and 3) We've moved to a 4-2-5 defense so we have one more defensive back on the field than last season, making his loss even bigger.

Yes, other players are stepping up and bringing in Terin Adams helps so much. Losing Ingram was a loss though due to the 3 factors I just stated and yes we have lamented his loss. There are also people on here obviously just finding it out for the first time so it's their turn to lament it too.
Maybe some have forgotten, but this is the SECOND thread regarding Jamarcus' transfer situation.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49869&hilit=ingram (the 1st)

That is why I am defending him. I also am not saying he was not a starter, but actually he didn't play much last year because of turf toe and his father passing. WE also have no idea how much notice the coaching staff actually had prior to this being announced on social media. The players have to let their coaches know they are entering the portal...so while it may have seemed like a surprise to most, it wasn't just sprung on those that matter.
These users liked this post from taniataylor:
donlarson8


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5480
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 143 times
Contact:

Re: Ingram?

Post by TheAKAggie » August 20th, 2019, 1:03 pm

aggies22 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:30 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:20 pm
We’ll take a kid from the transfer portal though!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems like a double standard almost. The assumption seems to be that Utah State>>B therefore, we'll take a transfer. However because of that assumption someone considering seriously transferring from Utah State to elsewhere is unacceptable.

However the reality is that kids are never so ideal in their thinking. They can be influenced heavily especially by former coaches and current close friends and family. Those influences may or may not be for the best. I'm not convinced that a policy of a closed door when a kid puts himself in the portal is the best policy for the kids. That said, Ingram already had some stains on his track record.
A closed-door policy might NOT be the best policy for the kid that wants to test the waters BUT the Head Coach has 114 other kids that he has to think of. If a kid wants to risk foregoing a sure thing at his current school and put his name in the transfer portal hoping to attract a better offer from a bigger school, then the kid has to accept the risk and the consequences if it doesn't work out the way he had initially hoped.
There is NO way he’s thinking about all 114, 65-70 tops.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic