Ticket office and ramblings

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
sammyhagar

Ticket office and ramblings

Post by sammyhagar » August 20th, 2019, 3:01 pm

I just now got off the phone with the ticket office inquiring about buying LSU game tickets.
they told me that they had already returned the tickets to LSU. :headscratch:
that game is in October, why would we have to return unsold tickets to them this early??? I don't get that.
So now I have to contact LSU ticket office and buy from them and ask for our section ( 402-403 if you care.)
Or look for other ticket options.
I was shocked as to why we had to return them so early.

I have a Matt Wells autographed football if anyone wants it.

I have an employee who played D line for the U, and was on the roster of two NFL teams for a bit.
He is "cousins" with Tipa. At the end of last season, he was on the phone talking a language I didnt understand, ( talking with Tipa) and a few days later he showed up at my office with a football signed by last years team. I display it proudly above my desk for everyone to see.
These users thanked the author sammyhagar for the post (total 2):
aggies22Machismo

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Ticket office and ramblings

Post by aggies22 » August 20th, 2019, 3:09 pm

Tipa is a GOOD dude!

jeffdan25

Post by jeffdan25 » August 20th, 2019, 3:13 pm

They are about $10 a seat cheaper on vivd seats in the aggie section then they were through the ticket office.
These users thanked the author jeffdan25 for the post:
aggies22

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 20th, 2019, 3:16 pm

LSU may have set an earlier deadline. The official ticketing website says that all road game tickets will be available up until 3 weeks before the game EXCEPT LSU which has a deadline of August 8th. Sometimes schools give a deadline to return tickets by. After that point USU would have to eat the cost of any unsold tickets.

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » August 20th, 2019, 3:35 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:16 pm
LSU may have set an earlier deadline. The official ticketing website says that all road game tickets will be available up until 3 weeks before the game EXCEPT LSU which has a deadline of August 8th. Sometimes schools give a deadline to return tickets by. After that point USU would have to eat the cost of any unsold tickets.
This is spot on. Most schools want tickets sent back 2 weeks prior to a game, but LSU gave an earlier deadline. There isn’t anything the ticket office can do about it at this point.

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » August 20th, 2019, 3:42 pm

What section and rows are you guys sitting in that bought tickets from USU? I've been looking at Stubhub and am still wondering when the best time is to purchase. Looking for 4 seats in either the Aggie section or something along the sidelines in the lower bowl. Any recommendations?

Aggie_CEE

Recent Alumni tickets

Post by Aggie_CEE » August 20th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Rambling-

Apparently the ticket office stopped selling the recent alumni season tickets. I have a few neighbors who are recent alumni that I was encouraging to purchase season tickets, but when they called into the ticket office they were told they aren't offering that deal anymore.

YoungBloodAggie

Re: Recent Alumni tickets

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Rambling-

Apparently the ticket office stopped selling the recent alumni season tickets. I have a few neighbors who are recent alumni that I was encouraging to purchase season tickets, but when they called into the ticket office they were told they aren't offering that deal anymore.
Umm...you might want to check again. Source: my tickets are recent alumni tickets and I know others that are using this deal as well.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » August 20th, 2019, 4:19 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm
Aggie_CEE wrote:
Rambling-

Umm...you might want to check again. Source: my tickets are recent alumni tickets and I know others that are using this deal as well.
I'm using the deal as well. All I can say is that my neighbors were told they stopped when they called last week.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 20th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:
Rambling-

I'm using the deal as well. All I can say is that my neighbors were told they stopped when they called last week.
Maybe a cut off? Saw them advertised heavily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » August 20th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
Rambling-

Recent graduate pricing for season tickets is still a thing; for those who graduated in the last five years, season tickets are available for as little as $80 per ticket. The price varies based on where you would like to sit.

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 20th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 4:19 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:
Rambling-

It is possible your neighbors are fraudsters and didn't actually graduate from USU. Or they were BS-ing about actually having checked on the promotion and just didn't want to get tickets. Or the ticket office screwed something up. All three are equally likely.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ragnarh77

Post by ragnarh77 » August 22nd, 2019, 9:27 am

We will be in 412 with at least 7 Aggies total. Hoping to see some more Aggie Blue in Baton Rouge. We'll be tailgating with my sister's department (she's an Aggie teaching at LSU). Should be fun being the only Aggies there :)

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » August 22nd, 2019, 12:40 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:42 pm
What section and rows are you guys sitting in that bought tickets from USU? I've been looking at Stubhub and am still wondering when the best time is to purchase. Looking for 4 seats in either the Aggie section or something along the sidelines in the lower bowl. Any recommendations?
I think they said we will have to pick up tickets at Will-Call on game day.

cbingham

Post by cbingham » August 22nd, 2019, 3:59 pm

I’ve never understood why people want to sit in visiting section. The ticket block in most places in the worst section and they’re usually not cheap. Excited to see both my Aggies and Longhorns play LSU this year.
These users thanked the author cbingham for the post:
thegreendalegelf

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 22nd, 2019, 4:31 pm

cbingham wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 3:59 pm
I’ve never understood why people want to sit in visiting section. The ticket block in most places in the worst section and they’re usually not cheap. Excited to see both my Aggies and Longhorns play LSU this year.
There are pro's and con's. It's fun to be around fans that are cheering for the same team as you and they aren't always the worst seats. I thought the tickets at Tennessee and Wake Forest were fine. We were right next to the USU section at Michigan State and it was decent as well.

cbingham

Post by cbingham » August 22nd, 2019, 4:34 pm

Crazy... if I had a tier 1 program I’d reward my own fans and give rivals the middle finger.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » August 22nd, 2019, 10:50 pm

cbingham wrote:Crazy... if I had a tier 1 program I’d reward my own fans and give rivals the middle finger.
It goes both ways as you also want your fans to have decent seats and buy through you for away games. I know most conferences stipulate a minimum number of seats for visiting fans and a certain number of lower level, usually behind the away team sideline near the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author bigwilly087 for the post:
ProvoAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic