Kevin White interview with Jordan Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Elkaggie

Kevin White interview with Jordan Love

Post by Elkaggie » August 23rd, 2019, 8:12 am

Jordan said he tore his meniscus in the BYU game last year. He played the rest of the year with this injury. Is this normal? Also, when was the last time in the against them have we NOT had a QB injury? Crazy how many there have been.

captain68
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kevin White interview with Jordan Love

Post by captain68 » August 23rd, 2019, 8:27 am

I honestly don’t know why anyone plays BYU. There is nothing to gain, and there always are injuries. I would rather play them game one than later in the season though, when we need to have our guys rested up for the games that really matter. I honestly would care less if we never played BYU again.
These users thanked the author captain68 for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » August 23rd, 2019, 8:55 am

captain68 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 8:27 am
I honestly don’t know why anyone plays BYU. There is nothing to gain, and there always are injuries. I would rather play them game one than later in the season though, when we need to have our guys rested up for the games that really matter. I honestly would care less if we never played BYU again.
For many of our “fans”, that is the only game that matters haha. Don’t mean to hijack the thread, so back to Jordan Love... That’s interesting that that information was never made public. It didn’t seem to affect him much 🤷‍♂️

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

ususports

Post by ususports » August 23rd, 2019, 8:58 am

captain68 wrote:
Yes, I would much rather have lots of empty seats that the athletic department is trying to sell last minute at deeply discounted prices (by playing basically any other opponent) compared to a sell out at significantly raised prices when we play BYU at home. You are right, we have nothing to gain because those two are financially equal. Also, good point on the fact that the other 11 games of the season are always injury free for our players.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » August 23rd, 2019, 9:01 am

TrueAggieman wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 8:55 am
captain68 wrote:
For many of our “fans”, that is the only game that matters haha. Don’t mean to hijack the thread, so back to Jordan Love... That’s interesting that that information was never made public. It didn’t seem to affect him much 🤷‍♂️
They announced after the bowl game that he was getting knee surgery.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » August 23rd, 2019, 9:04 am

ususports wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 8:58 am
captain68 wrote:
Yes, I would much rather have lots of empty seats that the athletic department is trying to sell last minute at deeply discounted prices (by playing basically any other opponent) compared to a sell out at significantly raised prices when we play BYU at home. You are right, we have nothing to gain because those two are financially equal. Also, good point on the fact that the other 11 games of the season are always injury free for our players.
Uh, the good Captain was spoofing on bougar fans during our long stretch in football hell. Quoting them, throwing their own words back in their stupid faces.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

captain68

Post by captain68 » August 23rd, 2019, 10:58 am

ususports wrote:
captain68 wrote:
Wow, didn’t mean to touch your BYU fan bone there buddy. I’m just saying, it seems like injuries are much more common when we play BYU vs. other teams. Also, how do you think it’s beneficial to play a tough non-conference game right before we roll into the toughest part of our schedule, Boise state, and the conference championship game. If it’s all about the money maybe you’re right, but I’m all about winning championships. Seems like BYU is always making the argument that they don’t care about winning championships as independents because the money is so much better. You sure you’re ready to convert over to be an Aggie fan right now?

ususports

Post by ususports » August 23rd, 2019, 11:13 am

captain68 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 10:58 am
ususports wrote:
captain68 wrote:
Wow, didn’t mean to touch your BYU fan bone there buddy. I’m just saying, it seems like injuries are much more common when we play BYU vs. other teams. Also, how do you think it’s beneficial to play a tough non-conference game right before we roll into the toughest part of our schedule, Boise state, and the conference championship game. If it’s all about the money maybe you’re right, but I’m all about winning championships. Seems like BYU is always making the argument that they don’t care about winning championships as independents because the money is so much better. You sure you’re ready to convert over to be an Aggie fan right now?
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I absolutely hate BYU. It has been discussed a million times on this board about how much we don't like the late game against BYU, but we were the ones who requested the November game for this year so that we could add LSU to our schedule. The game was originally scheduled earlier in the season. There have been so many posts over the years about "We don't need BYU...Why do we schedule them...etc." Anyone who looks at the stadium on game day against BYU, and then compares it to a game against almost any other opponent (Utah and Boise being the other two close comparisons), to say that we don't need BYU is just not an intelligent observation (especially considering the inflated ticket prices for the in state games). As for injuries, they are part of the game. They have lost their QBs in the game against us too.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 23rd, 2019, 11:17 am

ususports wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 11:13 am
captain68 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 10:58 am
ususports wrote:
captain68 wrote:
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I absolutely hate BYU. It has been discussed a million times on this board about how much we don't like the late game against BYU, but we were the ones who requested the November game for this year so that we could add LSU to our schedule. The game was originally scheduled earlier in the season. There have been so many posts over the years about "We don't need BYU...Why do we schedule them...etc." Anyone who looks at the stadium on game day against BYU, and then compares it to a game against almost any other opponent (Utah and Boise being the other two close comparisons), to say that we don't need BYU is just not an intelligent observation (especially considering the inflated ticket prices for the in state games). As for injuries, they are part of the game. They have lost their QBs in the game against us too.
If playing byu gets butts in the seats then I'm for it. The are not a dirty now as they were a couple of years ago.

Plus, beating them gives us a leg up with instate recruiting. I say that's worth the risk.

captain68

Post by captain68 » August 23rd, 2019, 11:26 am

OK, OK, I didn’t mean to stoop so low as to call you a BYU fan, but I’m just saying, if we have to play them I would much rather that it be at the beginning of the season vs. later in the season. I would say the same thing about any non- conference big name school, but historically BYU has been much worse for injuries from all the gator rolls, late hits, and targeting. They may be better under Sitake, but I still watch every game waiting for their true colors to Come back out.

Full

Post by Full » August 23rd, 2019, 11:28 am

I don’t think need BYU-P anymore, but way more tickets are available for the game vs Stoney Brook in 15 days than for a November game against their team.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » August 23rd, 2019, 12:25 pm

TrueAggieman wrote:
captain68 wrote:
I thought it affected him a fair amount. His footwork wasn't as good later in the year and his accuracy took a dive in a few games too.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » August 23rd, 2019, 12:48 pm

Anyone have the link to the interview?

ootek

Post by ootek » August 23rd, 2019, 12:51 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:Anyone have the link to the interview?
I don’t have the link, but it was on the most recent Aggies all the Way podcast

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » August 23rd, 2019, 1:25 pm

Crazy! What’s he going to do with 2 good knees??

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » August 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm

I'm no orthopedic surgeon, but from my understanding a torn meniscus isn't fully debilitating. I'm dating myself, but I remember Dan Marino tearing his meniscus during a game and giving the doctor the diagnosis himself and then continuing to play. It would definitely affect mobility and range of motion. Sometimes just rest is prescribed and not necessarily surgery.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » August 23rd, 2019, 3:19 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:I'm no orthopedic surgeon, but from my understanding a torn meniscus isn't fully debilitating. I'm dating myself, but I remember Dan Marino tearing his meniscus during a game and giving the doctor the diagnosis himself and then continuing to play. It would definitely affect mobility and range of motion. Sometimes just rest is prescribed and not necessarily surgery.
Torn meniscus is either surgery or deal with the pain. Maybe a microscopic tear will heal with a few months rest. The surgery is either suture a small tear or trim out the damage if it is bad. My doctor was in the Air Force and he had pilots back in the cockpit within a week or two for a trim it out surgery. A suture job is months of a full leg brace to limit movement.

At least that’s how it was 17 years ago when I tore my meniscus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » August 23rd, 2019, 3:53 pm

USU78 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 9:01 am
TrueAggieman wrote:
captain68 wrote:
They announced after the bowl game that he was getting knee surgery.
You're so right. My bad, I can be quite forgetful and I'm only 22. God only knows what I'll be like when I get older :crazy: :shock:
These users thanked the author TrueAggieman for the post:
USU78

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 24th, 2019, 3:09 pm

I tore my meniscus this fall. Pain through December. January started feeling better and it’s probably 98% now. Through a brace on when skating, but that’s a precaution. I couldn’t do yard work for more than an hour, can’t imagine playing half a college football season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic