Keegan Duncan (Boise transfer) officially an Aggie

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Roy McAvoy

Keegan Duncan (Boise transfer) officially an Aggie

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 28th, 2019, 4:34 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 4:18 pm
I've 100% confirmed! Keegan Duncan has signed with the Aggies!
I felt this deserved it's own thread since it's such big news. He was a big recruit for Boise this past year. He tore his ACL during fall camp with Boise though and is out for the year though and now transferred to USU.

I wanted to discuss his position. He was a star RB in HS and I think planned on playing RB in college, but he's a very close player comparison to Nick Vigil. I think this kid has NFL potential if he switches to LB.

Based off his 247 rank, had he committed to USU he would've been one of our highest rated recruits of all time.

Last edited by Roy McAvoy on August 28th, 2019, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 4):
Machismoaggies22sneedAggie_in_Idaho

Aglicious
Site Admin

Re: Keegan Duncan officially an Aggie

Post by Aglicious » August 28th, 2019, 4:39 pm

It will be interesting to see if his game grows to the point where he can be an effective FBS RB. His highlight reels were always hard for me to evaluate because he played against pretty low-level competition and he was so much bigger than everyone on the field (even lineman at that level). I agree that he looks like he has the frame and body to play LB - wonder how his tackling skills are?

FireAg

Re: Keegan Duncan (Boise transfer) officially an Aggie

Post by FireAg » August 28th, 2019, 5:25 pm

He can certainly be an effective running back for us, but he’s tall and a long strider. He would also work out very well at receiver or even some slot or TE but his highest ceiling may be at LB.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » August 28th, 2019, 6:23 pm

I certainly see him playing h-back, doing some blocking, catching some passes, hitting the inside reverse trap off left guard, shedding tacklers for that tough 2-4 yards on 2nd or 3rd and short.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 28th, 2019, 7:31 pm

great news. 247 has him as a 4 star but a 3 star in the composite. what is the difference?

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 28th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Nice pick up for us!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » August 28th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Hopefully the ACL comes back and he does not tear then other one. I think his future is on defense. He was a beast in Idaho, but was at a lower classification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 28th, 2019, 8:02 pm

i agree he looks like he'd make a very good LB. he should look at what vigil did/is doing in the NFL and really consider that route.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 28th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Declo?

True story: my freshman year I meant to ask this chick from Declo to home coming, however I accidentally asked out another girl. Who said yes. So I was stuck.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » August 28th, 2019, 8:29 pm

He looks like a Varsity running back playing against Peewee Pop Warner football players in his highlight reel!

cornia27

Post by cornia27 » August 28th, 2019, 9:00 pm

The competition was inferior yes but I saw him scrimmage against bigger teams like Richland Washington and Eastside Catholic and 4A and 5A teams from Idaho and he held his own. Vander Esch played and dominated 8 man football and held his own in college and the pros. If Duncan played in 4A or 5A he would have been just fine. Kid is an athlete played basketball and state record holder in 100 meters
These users thanked the author cornia27 for the post (total 4):
ThunderAggieaggies22NVAggieLambchops

FireAg

Post by FireAg » August 28th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Duncan’s team played Bishop Gorman at Boise team camp two years ago. Duncan victimized Bishop Gorman defense. Of course, it was just camp, but still, it was Bishop Gorman.
These users thanked the author FireAg for the post (total 3):
ThunderAggieaggies22IdaAg93

jeffdan25

Post by jeffdan25 » August 28th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Keegan was also rated the number 13 athlete coming out of high school by 247 sports. Dudes legit!
These users thanked the author jeffdan25 for the post (total 3):
aggies22newtonianblueMachismo

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » August 29th, 2019, 12:19 am

I'm surprised he played safety so much. At 6'3" and 220, that is taller than the average NFL safety and about the average weight of an NFL safety. Many high schools, especially little ones in Idaho, always put guys that big and athletic rushing the edge. Also pretty tall and heavy for a running back at any level, especially considering a good strength and conditioning program would likely see him go up to at a very fit 245 or more.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Chod

Post by Chod » August 29th, 2019, 8:31 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 8:06 pm
Declo?

True story: my freshman year I meant to ask this chick from Declo to home coming, however I accidentally asked out another girl. Who said yes. So I was stuck.
Isn't Scotty G. from the metropolis of Declo?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 29th, 2019, 8:38 am

Chod wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 8:31 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 8:06 pm
Declo?

Isn't Scotty G. from the metropolis of Declo?
That he is.

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » August 29th, 2019, 8:47 am

jpswensen wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 12:19 am
I'm surprised he played safety so much. At 6'3" and 220, that is taller than the average NFL safety and about the average weight of an NFL safety. Many high schools, especially little ones in Idaho, always put guys that big and athletic rushing the edge. Also pretty tall and heavy for a running back at any level, especially considering a good strength and conditioning program would likely see him go up to at a very fit 245 or more.
Speaking of strength and conditioning, didn't our previous strength and conditioning coach leave? Has that been going well?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » August 29th, 2019, 9:13 am

Great get, hopefully he recovers well. Welcome to the aggies, you will be loved.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » August 29th, 2019, 9:39 am

USUMAE wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 8:47 am
jpswensen wrote:
Speaking of strength and conditioning, didn't our previous strength and conditioning coach leave? Has that been going well?
Every player I have spoken to has RAVED about how Jordan Hicks and his staff have trained them over the summer. I've heard it described as "brutal" and "horrible" as in it's the most difficult training regimen they have ever had to take part in. Those two specific comments are not from freshmen either, they were made by a junior that's been here 4 years and a senior that has been here 5 years. After having been pushed as hard as they have all summer long the players are WELCOMING the opportunity to show their opponents what they are made of.
Last edited by aggies22 on August 29th, 2019, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » August 29th, 2019, 1:09 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 9:39 am
USUMAE wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 8:47 am
jpswensen wrote:
Every player I have spoken to has RAVED about how Jordan Hicks and his staff have trained them over the summer. I've heard is described as "brutal" and "horrible" as in it's the most difficult training regimen they have ever had to take part in. Those two specific comments are not from freshmen either, they were made by a junior that's been here 4 years and a senior that has been here 5 years. After having been pushed as hard as they have all summer long the players are WELCOMING the opportunity to show their opponents what they are made of.
Glad to hear it!

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » August 29th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Is it possible that this kid is leaving Boise because they wanted to move him out of the running back position?
I would love to see a kid this size run the wildcat in the redzone for us!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 29th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Is it possible that this kid is leaving Boise because they wanted to move him out of the running back position?
If he wasn't asked directly to change positions he may have simply seen the writing on the wall. Even without his injury it's not likely he would have cracked their top 3 RB's for while and if he wants to play (like most players do) then he would have to find a better fit.

I think GA probably told him he would have a crack at RB here but if he's smart he'll see the path to the NFL has already been blazed by guys that made the switch to D at USU. With his size and speed he would be a great safety or OLB. If he stays at RB, he could still be very good but we would also have two very tall future RBs in Duncan and Nawahine. Depends on his long term goals I suppose.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » August 29th, 2019, 4:55 pm

Aglicious wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 4:33 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 3:24 pm
If he wasn't asked directly to change positions he may have simply seen the writing on the wall. Even without his injury it's not likely he would have cracked their top 3 RB's for while and if he wants to play (like most players do) then he would have to find a better fit.

I think GA probably told him he would have a crack at RB here but if he's smart he'll see the path to the NFL has already been blazed by guys that made the switch to D at USU. With his size and speed he would be a great safety or OLB. If he stays at RB, he could still be very good but we would also have two very tall future RBs in Duncan and Nawahine. Depends on his long term goals I suppose.
And both players originally intended to play at Boise.

triplejAggie

Post by triplejAggie » August 29th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Ok ok... everyone needs to calm down on this. I know this kid, i watched him in person from the sidelines. Yes his highlights and measurables are amazing. However, i can honestly say i did not walk away from watching him feeling amazed. He is not a physical runner at all. He had numerous injuries in high school, he is not very durable. He also played safety and he would be bodied up and blocked by kids 50 lbs smaller and 6 inches shorter than him. He would arm tackle and often whiff. Im not ragging on the kid, but i am tempering your expectations. This kid was a high schooler in a college mans body while in high school. it wasn't even fair. Once he is on a level playing field, I'm afraid he will not be as amazing as we all expect. Hopefully im proved wrong though. Im from a small Idaho town only a few miles away from declo, so there is no one that wants to see this kid succeed more than me. Hopefully he gets well and can make an impact for us!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 29th, 2019, 8:01 pm

wardPT wrote:Ok ok... everyone needs to calm down on this. I know this kid, i watched him in person from the sidelines. Yes his highlights and measurables are amazing. However, i can honestly say i did not walk away from watching him feeling amazed. He is not a physical runner at all. He had numerous injuries in high school, he is not very durable. He also played safety and he would be bodied up and blocked by kids 50 lbs smaller and 6 inches shorter than him. He would arm tackle and often whiff. Im not ragging on the kid, but i am tempering your expectations. This kid was a high schooler in a college mans body while in high school. it wasn't even fair. Once he is on a level playing field, I'm afraid he will not be as amazing as we all expect. Hopefully im proved wrong though. Im from a small Idaho town only a few miles away from declo, so there is no one that wants to see this kid succeed more than me. Hopefully he gets well and can make an impact for us!
Okay, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 30th, 2019, 8:44 am

I never get too excited about a recruit signing. At that point, they have only proven that they can sign their own name.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » August 30th, 2019, 11:38 am

wardPT wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 8:00 pm
Ok ok... everyone needs to calm down on this. I know this kid, i watched him in person from the sidelines. Yes his highlights and measurables are amazing. However, i can honestly say i did not walk away from watching him feeling amazed. He is not a physical runner at all. He had numerous injuries in high school, he is not very durable. He also played safety and he would be bodied up and blocked by kids 50 lbs smaller and 6 inches shorter than him. He would arm tackle and often whiff. Im not ragging on the kid, but i am tempering your expectations. This kid was a high schooler in a college mans body while in high school. it wasn't even fair. Once he is on a level playing field, I'm afraid he will not be as amazing as we all expect. Hopefully im proved wrong though. Im from a small Idaho town only a few miles away from declo, so there is no one that wants to see this kid succeed more than me. Hopefully he gets well and can make an impact for us!
Thanks Coach Harsin.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
utahcountyaggieFireAgMetsJetsAggies

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 4th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Was anything announced?

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » September 4th, 2019, 9:46 pm

I heard Gary mention his name in an interview this week. Not exactly official, but close.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm

HomeTown wrote:I heard Gary mention his name in an interview this week. Not exactly official, but close.
If Gary is mentioning names then papers have been signed. If not it’s a violation.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
aggies22

Hail Aggies!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 5th, 2019, 5:31 am

HomeTown wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 9:46 pm
I heard Gary mention his name in an interview this week. Not exactly official, but close.
Do you recall what interview?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 5th, 2019, 8:15 am

slcagg wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 5:31 am
HomeTown wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was the coach's show.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 5th, 2019, 9:04 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 8:15 am
slcagg wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 5:31 am
HomeTown wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was the coach's show.
Yes, it was the coaches show last week that Gary talked about it and said it was official.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
aggies22

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 5th, 2019, 5:20 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm
HomeTown wrote:I heard Gary mention his name in an interview this week. Not exactly official, but close.
If Gary is mentioning names then papers have been signed. If not it’s a violation.

Narc

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm

Narc
Ahbye rubbing off on me.

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic