That is on gary!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Re: That is on gary!

Post by ineptimusprime » August 31st, 2019, 5:42 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 1:13 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 10:13 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
bigblue wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm
There's blame on players and coaches. One thing I noticed is even with the interceptions it didn't seem to throw Love off his game too much. He will learn from this game. There were a bunch of positives from the game that will have me excited for the rest of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The thing that keeps me from getting too excited is that we still have to play at least two teams that are better than Wake (LSU and BSU), and another two that might be (Fresno, SDSU).

Looking like a 6-6 or 7-5 season.
Anything less than 8-4 is a failure with this talent and an indication maybe the right coaching hire was made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is seriously one of the most ridiculous takes that I've seen on this board, and extremely uninformed.
For real. Have you all looked at the schedule? I’m not throwing the towel in on the season, but bowl eligibility is gonna be real iffy if we can’t take down SDSU in a few weeks.

Two very likely wins (Stony Brook and UNM), Two very likely losses (LSU, BSU), and the rest to me, could go either way barring some miraculous significant improvement from the secondary.

bull

Post by bull » August 31st, 2019, 6:34 pm

Players made mistakes, and if they had played a cleaner game and executed better we would have won.
But they didn’t because the coaches failed to use our competitive advantages- it’s the coaches job to win the game with what we have.
The reason everyone is pissed is because the talent we had at our disposal was not managed well. Bottom line is we were the better team but lost because we were predictable, cautious and not creative on both sides of the ball. That is on the coaches - and as fans we want it fixed quickly.

bull

Post by bull » August 31st, 2019, 6:38 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 5:42 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 1:13 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 10:13 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
bigblue wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm
There's blame on players and coaches. One thing I noticed is even with the interceptions it didn't seem to throw Love off his game too much. He will learn from this game. There were a bunch of positives from the game that will have me excited for the rest of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The thing that keeps me from getting too excited is that we still have to play at least two teams that are better than Wake (LSU and BSU), and another two that might be (Fresno, SDSU).

Looking like a 6-6 or 7-5 season.
Anything less than 8-4 is a failure with this talent and an indication maybe the right coaching hire was made.

This is seriously one of the most ridiculous takes that I've seen on this board, and extremely uninformed.
For real. Have you all looked at the schedule? I’m not throwing the towel in on the season, but bowl eligibility is gonna be real iffy if we can’t take down SDSU in a few weeks.

Two very likely wins (Stony Brook and UNM), Two very likely losses (LSU, BSU), and the rest to me, could go either way barring some miraculous significant improvement from the secondary.
And are you OK with that?

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 31st, 2019, 6:41 pm

Not using GB in the second half, barring injury, is just criminal. I loved how Warren played, but no way should Bright have been benched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » August 31st, 2019, 7:29 pm

What's the biggest determining factor for winning a football game? I believe most would say TO margin, we lost that battle and therefore lost the game. The game would have been a blowout if not for those. And we really should have had 2 more. Also look at were the TO's happened it was at least a 10-14 point turn around. Look I'm as upset as anyone but it really doesn't do anyone any good to point to 1 play as costing us the game when those are not the facts.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 1st, 2019, 6:08 am

dyedblue wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 6:41 pm
Not using GB in the second half, barring injury, is just criminal. I loved how Warren played, but no way should Bright have been benched.

Agree.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » September 1st, 2019, 7:40 am

Bright wasn't benched in the 2nd half he played. Warren was just the more effective back in that particular game. So he did play more. Bright was in the game on our last drive though.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 1st, 2019, 7:44 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:29 pm
What's the biggest determining factor for winning a football game? I believe most would say TO margin, we lost that battle and therefore lost the game. The game would have been a blowout if not for those. And we really should have had 2 more. Also look at were the TO's happened it was at least a 10-14 point turn around. Look I'm as upset as anyone but it really doesn't do anyone any good to point to 1 play as costing us the game when those are not the facts.
I’m trying to remember, did we turn them over on
downs 2 or 3 times? They got us once. So we had 4 turnovers.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 1st, 2019, 8:10 am

dyedblue wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 6:41 pm

Bright should have been used more in the second half but it's hard to argue with using Warren as he was gassing them for large chunks of yards.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 1st, 2019, 8:10 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 7:40 am
Bright wasn't benched in the 2nd half he played. Warren was just the more effective back in that particular game. So he did play more. Bright was in the game on our last drive though.
Bright got a nice catch and run late in the fourth.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:07 am

USU78 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 8:10 am
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
He was also wide open on the last play that Love three the INT. I do remember the one screen play we ran to GB on a crucial third down. He had three blockers and one guy to beat. All he had to do was bounce it to the outside and he would have got the first down and more. In stead he cut inside and got tackled.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 1st, 2019, 9:19 am

Elkaggie wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:07 am
USU78 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 8:10 am
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
He was also wide open on the last play that Love three the INT. I do remember the one screen play we ran to GB on a crucial third down. He had three blockers and one guy to beat. All he had to do was bounce it to the outside and he would have got the first down and more. In stead he cut inside and got tackled.

[That play frustrated me too, i was yelling at the screen go to the outside.]

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 1st, 2019, 9:33 am

Some seem more upset with this game than losing to bsu last year, which also had a ton of questionable coaching calls.

With only 2 returning starters on O I was worried we might have a hard time putting up points. Other than the TO which may have given us more points and yards 600 total yards of O is amazing and makes me excited!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 1st, 2019, 9:44 am

Usu0505 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:33 am
Some seem more upset with this game than losing to bsu last year, which also had a ton of questionable coaching calls.

With only 2 returning starters on O I was worried we might have a hard time putting up points. Other than the TO which may have given us more points and yards 600 total yards of O is amazing and makes me excited!

When the BSU loss happened (which sucked), we had already had a really nice season. When a loss happens the first game of the year and there appears to be serious issues with game management and a position group, you tend to get more doom, gloom and meltdown because of concern about how the rest of the season will go.

Usu0505

That is on gary!

Post by Usu0505 » September 1st, 2019, 9:58 am

That’s odd to me. Neither make me happy but Losing to BSU, again, and this time for the mountain west championship was way worse in my opinion. Ya you could say, well at least we had a great season but that to me is being way more complacent about Aggie football than losing a close one the first game of the year. As others have pointed out Boise is a much more established dynasty than wake forest. Had we been blown out I could more understand the doom and gloom.

Maybe I’m just weird.

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » September 1st, 2019, 10:25 am

El Sapo wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 5:33 pm
One play decided the game. 3rd and 4 yards with 2:30 to go. Here were the choices on that play

1. Give Love a chance to win the game. Offense had already scored 35 points so the offense wasn't struggling. Try to convert a 3rd and 4 for a first down that would have won the game by passing the ball.

2. Run the ball and use up WF timeouts. Give the defense who had given up 31 points, but made a couple of nice stops late in the game a chance to win the game. WF gets the ball on their own 10 with 150 seconds left and no time outs. They need a TD to win.

I thought Love was the best player on the field. So, taking him out of the offense was a mistake.

Failing to make any adjustment on defense after we gave them the ball was inexcusable. We should have had 7 DB's on the field. all their receivers doubled up.

So yes, this is on Gary. Just like we didn't have an onside kick defense v Auburn, Gary didn't appear to have a prevent defense ready for this game.
Jaylen Warren was averaging 7.5 yards per carry, so there's that.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 1st, 2019, 10:31 am

USUstudent13 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:25 am
El Sapo wrote:
One play decided the game. 3rd and 4 yards with 2:30 to go. Here were the choices on that play

1. Give Love a chance to win the game. Offense had already scored 35 points so the offense wasn't struggling. Try to convert a 3rd and 4 for a first down that would have won the game by passing the ball.

2. Run the ball and use up WF timeouts. Give the defense who had given up 31 points, but made a couple of nice stops late in the game a chance to win the game. WF gets the ball on their own 10 with 150 seconds left and no time outs. They need a TD to win.

I thought Love was the best player on the field. So, taking him out of the offense was a mistake.

Failing to make any adjustment on defense after we gave them the ball was inexcusable. We should have had 7 DB's on the field. all their receivers doubled up.

So yes, this is on Gary. Just like we didn't have an onside kick defense v Auburn, Gary didn't appear to have a prevent defense ready for this game.

[People dont look at stats they just want to 2nd guess everything. Get on board i think k we will be a good team. We have some issues but also a lot of positives. I can only imagine if we beat weber 6-0 what the meltdown would be.]

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 1st, 2019, 10:33 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

[People dont look at stats they just want to 2nd guess everything. Get on board i think k we will be a good team. We have some issues but also a lot of positives. I can only imagine if we beat weber 6-0 what the meltdown would be.]
Oh man. Would be ugly.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 1st, 2019, 10:40 am

The blame for this loss could be on any number of coaches or players. The game turned on one score,,,penalties, missed assignments, lack of execution, taking THAT play off? Yes, I'm steamed about dropping this one,,,I'll see ALL who are within driving distance of the Maverick this Saturday and THROUGHOUT the season. PUT UP and SHOW UP.... SEE YOU THERE!!!

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 1st, 2019, 10:42 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:The blame for this loss could be on any number of coaches or players. The game turned on one score,,,penalties, missed assignments, lack of execution, taking THAT play off? Yes, I'm steamed about dropping this one,,,I'll see ALL who are within driving distance of the Maverick this Saturday and THROUGHOUT the season. PUT UP and SHOW UP.... SEE YOU THERE!!!
I be there for every one.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » September 1st, 2019, 10:55 am

USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Take away the 60 yarder and what was he getting?

Also, he didn't get those yards against a stacked defensive front lined up with 8 men in the box. WF was overcommitted against the run at that point in the game. Gary chose to make WF use their last time out. That decision ultimately cost us the game.

Unprepared, conservative, poor clock management and no feel for late game decisions...… whmmmm, somehow that seems familiar.

I can see how these decisions might seem overwhelming for some posters, football is complex. It can seem like it really doesn't matter what you choose because there are too many variables. Sometimes that is the case, but this time it was purely a coaches decision. We were the better team. Our coach didn't allow us our best shot at winning

Aggiewest

Post by Aggiewest » September 1st, 2019, 7:31 pm

El Sapo wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:55 am
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Also, he didn't get those yards against a stacked defensive front lined up with 8 men in the box. WF was overcommitted against the run at that point in the game. Gary chose to make WF use their last time out. That decision ultimately cost us the game.

Unprepared, conservative, poor clock management and no feel for late game decisions...… whmmmm, somehow that seems familiar.

I can see how these decisions might seem overwhelming for some posters, football is complex. It can seem like it really doesn't matter what you choose because there are too many variables. Sometimes that is the case, but this time it was purely a coaches decision. We were the better team. Our coach didn't allow us our best shot at winning
Not everyone can be so brilliant as "some posters".
These users thanked the author Aggiewest for the post:
El Sapo

Usu0505

That is on gary!

Post by Usu0505 » September 1st, 2019, 8:42 pm

El Sapo wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Wow... just wow.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:13 pm

El Sapo wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

The same dumbass that genuinely believes we lost a football game because of one decision out of hundreds thinks that football is too complicated for others. If irony was tangible, we’d all be suffocating right now.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » September 1st, 2019, 9:24 pm

El Sapo wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

So El Sapo l'd like to be enlightened, what exactly is the root cause for our loss to WF?

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:40 pm

El Sapo wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Take away all our points and we scored 0 points.

Hail Aggies!

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:42 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:40 pm
El Sapo wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Take away all our points and we scored 0 points.

“That can’t be tr— “

*pulls out calculator, does the math*

“Oh no...”

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » September 1st, 2019, 10:03 pm

El Sapo wrote:

Didn't we give love a chance to win the game at the end when he threw the interception? It could have happened on that series. And then you would have blamed Gary for not running the ball. It is always easy to second guess coaches. It is a team game that includes players coaches and fans! Go Aggies!

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 1st, 2019, 10:13 pm

blueaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Didn't we give love a chance to win the game at the end when he threw the interception? It could have happened on that series. And then you would have blamed Gary for not running the ball. It is always easy to second guess coaches. It is a team game that includes players coaches and fans! Go Aggies!
Coaches are paid a huge sum of money to win football games. Players aren't. Last time I checked, the fans foot the bill. I'd say we have a right to question coaching decisions, especially when those decisions directly impacted the outcome of the game.

These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
El Sapo

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 1st, 2019, 10:15 pm

dyedblue wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:13 pm
blueaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Coaches are paid a huge sum of money to win football games. Players aren't. Last time I checked, the fans foot the bill. I'd say we have a right to question coaching decisions, especially when those decisions directly impacted the outcome of the game.

How much do you think one college football game victory costs, and how much do you think you’ve donated towards one so far?

Jjoey53

That is on gary!

Post by Jjoey53 » September 1st, 2019, 10:27 pm

blueaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

It should never have come to that. Their was the one play, but several others were also. When Andre Ware was saying the Aggies were going conservative on their side of the field indicates something, playing not lose usually means a loss.

I had no problem not kicking a field goal in the first half, but it was a run up the gut, IIRC.

Last edited by Jjoey53 on September 1st, 2019, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » September 1st, 2019, 10:29 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
blueaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

It should never have come to that. There was the one play, 3rd and 4, but several others were also. When Andre Ware was saying the Aggies were going conservative on their side of the field indicates something, playing not lose usually means a loss.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » September 1st, 2019, 10:34 pm

So glad to see players parents and former players calling out so called Aggie fans on Twitter!! They're right we've got a bunch if winers and fair weather fans!

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 1st, 2019, 10:41 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:34 pm
So glad to see players parents and former players calling out so called Aggie fans on Twitter!! They're right we've got a bunch if winers and fair weather fans!
Indeed, I may need a strong zinfandel for our next P5 away game. Best places in Baton Rouge?

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 1st, 2019, 10:56 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:13 pm
blueaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

How much do you think one college football game victory costs, and how much do you think you’ve donated towards one so far?
Yep, only millionaires deserve to talk about the game. I guess I should just shut up and take my place in silence.

I'm not a big doner, never have been and probably never will be wealthy enough to be one. I do but season tickets and make a small donation. I'll bet at least half the stadium Sundays less than I do. Rather than heed your advice and run off fans, I'll be there cheering in the team Saturday night - if you'll allow me in.

These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 2):
AgMacAGGZILLA

Locked Previous topicNext topic