BYU has finally been invited to a conference

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

BYU has finally been invited to a conference

Post by AggiesForever » September 3rd, 2019, 4:02 pm

It will be General Conference, October 5-6.

Badda boom.
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 6):
aggies22USU78sneedTrueAggieman918AGGViAggie

BigBlueSteve

Re: BYU has finally been invited to a conference

Post by BigBlueSteve » September 4th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Haha! I'll admit that I fell for the click-bait there.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » September 4th, 2019, 12:35 pm

yeah me too...

But there is always the ACC
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post:
BigBlueSteve

Where only sage brush grows

CapitolAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by CapitolAggie » September 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm

PROVO, UTAH (AP) — Coach Kilani Sitake was humbled to receive a personal invitation to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints General Conference this past weekend. Although Brigham Young University (BYU) competes as an independent in the FCS the invitation to join ANY conference was welcome.

Previously BYU Football had gone the independent route because they felt that their brand was strong enough to get them into the Power Five conversation. After several setbacks in the program BYU is focusing on winning General Conference which is a two day event October 5th-6th this year.

When asked Coach Sitake responded: “We are overjoyed to have been invited to General Conference this year. Last year we got to play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl – which is an honor to go to a bowl whose theme is a vegetable. But, at BYU we are always trying to catch up with the likes of The Fighting Irish – who by the way showed that we can’t lose ever.”

Defensive back George Udo echoed his Coach’s sentiments. “I just think if the team gets a bit more spiritual we can win General Conference. I know that the boosters have been pressuring Tom Holmoe to get into a conference. Coach Sitake had us light a bag of dog poo on his porch on fire – just to get his attention – but he thought it was drunken Ute fans. I just want to play well for General Conference. That will make it all better.”

Tom Holmoe when reached for comment responded: “Look – I think if we win General Conference we are bound to be invited to a New Year’s bowl. I mean all of our fans believe we can finish at least in the top 5 this year. It would be really sad if we can’t win General Conference. A really brutal stinking fish slap in the face if you ask me.”

Quarterback Zach Wilson, when asked about General Conference and a bowl invitation responded: “Look – I tried my best but those animals at The University of Utah made me look bad in front of 61,626 of my friends. They stole the ball from me and then they scored with it twice. I don’t know if I should start to learn Mah Jong or if I take up cross stitching. I am so lost.”

___

This story was corrected to reflect that not ALL 61,626 people attending the BYU vs Utah game were not ALL Zach Wilson’s friends. The Utah Defense will not be added to that total, and that a potato is a Tuber, not a vegetable.
These users thanked the author CapitolAggie for the post (total 7):
sam tingeyTurtleMachismoflying_scotsman2.0AggiesForeveraggies22tysteve20

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » September 4th, 2019, 4:38 pm

My work here is done.
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 3):
aggies22BearLakeMonsterUSU78

Locked Previous topicNext topic