Love's Decision Making

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
thetrueaggie

Love's Decision Making

Post by thetrueaggie » August 31st, 2019, 8:54 am

Love looked great last night, but his decision making is questionable at times. With 3 picks (should have been 4), what can he do differently?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Love's Decision Making

Post by brownjeans » August 31st, 2019, 8:57 am

Don't under-throw it (first pick), don't over=throw it (last pick - unless he was going to the deep receiver then it's an under-throw). When leading a WR, check to see if someone's waiting at the spot where you are throwing the ball.

I'm not too concerned, his TD/INT stats last season were insanely good. I don't think he's forgotten how to play.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 31st, 2019, 9:08 am

brownjeans wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:57 am
Don't under-throw it (first pick), don't over=throw it (last pick - unless he was going to the deep receiver then it's an under-throw). When leading a WR, check to see if someone's waiting at the spot where you are throwing the ball.

I'm not too concerned, his TD/INT stats last season were insanely good. I don't think he's forgotten how to play.
I'm pretty sure he under threw the receiver on the last pick. He didn't put enough air under the ball.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » August 31st, 2019, 9:38 am

My thoughts...Love looked great in first half. But when he is out of pocket and forcing the play, he can make some bad throws. I suspect we will see future opponents try to bring more pressure on Love. On the other hand, I thought our running game was better than I expected. I still see a very bright season ahead. Someone had to win that game last night and the margin between the two teams was razor thin.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » August 31st, 2019, 10:50 am

brownjeans wrote:

Agreed but he will face much better defenses than last year.

On the other hand did our secondary even have a chance at an int?

Aggie84025
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggie84025 » August 31st, 2019, 10:54 am

aggies22 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 9:08 am
brownjeans wrote:

I'm pretty sure he under threw the receiver on the last pick. He didn't put enough air under the ball.

[He probably should have thrown it to the under receiver Bright. Easy throw and Bright would have been able to get out of bounds to stop the clock.]

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » August 31st, 2019, 10:58 am

I didn't watch the game but I'll say this. I was following the game in Mexico.

#1. Love can't throw 3 interceptions and the Aggies expect to win. This isn't completely his fault but mostly. Certainly play calling can affect interceptions as well as route running. However, Jordan should take most of the responsibility for this loss

#2. Whoever was covering Surrat at the end of the game can't allow him to catch that ball and nearly score a TD. The game is on the line at that point. Get a PI if you have to but 70 yards on one play is unacceptable.

My two takeaways from this game are as follows mostly until I watch the game film. #1 Jordan's decision making must improve drastically. #2. Our defensive woes are mostly on the secondary.

Wake is a bowl team but they're still not a top 25 team. The Aggies have a long way to go before they can expect to be MWC champs. If you can't beat Wake, you're not going to win the MWC. The Aggies need to improve a lot before MWC play in order to win the MWC.

Aggie84025
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggie84025 » August 31st, 2019, 11:02 am

You absolutely need to take the PI penalty if you are beat in that position, there is no way you should give up a 70 yard pass play when you know they are going to be throwing deep.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » August 31st, 2019, 11:06 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 11:02 am
You absolutely need to take the PI penalty if you are beat in that position, there is no way you should give up a 70 yard pass play when you know they are going to be throwing deep.
Agree. See BYU game last year.

Locked Previous topicNext topic