Moving forward

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Moving forward

Post by slcagg » September 1st, 2019, 8:19 am

Guys I see a lot of potential for the remaining part of the season. A rookie oline and receivers went across the country and put up 600 yards on a decent team. That oline is only going to get better. Warren and bright are gonna be good. Mariner is gonna be very good against our competition. Defensive front 7 and outside of LSU and possibly bsu we will not face the receivers like we did against wake. I still expect us to go 8-4 to 9-3. We will go into that LSU game at 3-1.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22ViAggie

ineptimusprime

Re: Moving forward

Post by ineptimusprime » September 1st, 2019, 8:33 am

Guess we’ll find out. I’m still just dejected about the Wake loss.

While I appreciate the bye week before a season-defining game against SDSU, the more than three week wait to able to able to flush that Wake game sucks. Playing and beating Stony Brook will do nothing for me.

sdiggety

Post by sdiggety » September 1st, 2019, 10:50 am

slcagg wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 8:19 am
Guys I see a lot of potential for the remaining part of the season. A rookie oline and receivers went across the country and put up 600 yards on a decent team. That oline is only going to get better. Warren and bright are gonna be good. Mariner is gonna be very good against our competition. Defensive front 7 and outside of LSU and possibly bsu we will not face the receivers like we did against wake. I still expect us to go 8-4 to 9-3. We will go into that LSU game at 3-1.
I like the optimism. We got the first game butterflies and kinks out. From being at the game, the players all looked even more crushed by this than the boise st game last year. You can tell it meant a lot to them and they are going to be very reflective and hungry to improve in the next 2 weeks. We are definitely not going to see the same team after this week.

sdiggety

Post by sdiggety » September 1st, 2019, 10:55 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 8:33 am

While I appreciate the bye week before a season-defining game against SDSU, the more than three week wait to able to able to flush that Wake game sucks. Playing and beating Stony Brook will do nothing for me.
The Stony Brook game can still be interesting for you, it will likely be a good chance to see what some of the depth can do- like Columbi & Peasley, Riley Burt & Enoch Nawahine, and AJ & Sean Carter.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:19 pm

I do wish it was a high caliber opponent, but will enjoy getting to see them live again. MOF is a great place to come back to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:20 pm

sdiggety wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:55 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 8:33 am

The Stony Brook game can still be interesting for you, it will likely be a good chance to see what some of the depth can do- like Columbi & Peasley, Riley Burt & Enoch Nawahine, and AJ & Sean Carter.
I am very excited to see what everyone has been talking about with Nawahine. Also excited to see Colombi’s progress over the last year.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 1st, 2019, 9:25 pm

Not saying it won’t be fun and productive, just that it won’t do anything for me in terms of flushing the gnawing feeling I have after the Wake game since it’s an FCS opponent.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » September 1st, 2019, 9:34 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:25 pm
Not saying it won’t be fun and productive, just that it won’t do anything for me in terms of flushing the gnawing feeling I have after the Wake game since it’s an FCS opponent.
This kind of attitude is exactly what I'm attempting to teach my boys to avoid. You need to learn how to move on and not get caught up in past failures!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 1st, 2019, 9:38 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
This kind of attitude is exactly what I'm attempting to teach my boys to avoid. You need to learn how to move on and not get caught up in past failures!
You try living in Optimus’s shadow your whole life.

Hail Aggies!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 1st, 2019, 9:39 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:34 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
I 100% agree and hope the team is over it already! I’m just saying beating up on Stony Brook isn’t gonna tell us much about how the rest of our season will go.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 1st, 2019, 9:39 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:38 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

😂

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 2nd, 2019, 6:09 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:39 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:38 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

😂
More than meets the eye.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » September 3rd, 2019, 9:54 am

slcagg wrote:
Honestly I'm mad about the loss, but rewashing the game, I agree with you. There was a lot of good that came out of it. I do think we still have a good shot at going 10-2 still.

Aggiewest

Post by Aggiewest » September 3rd, 2019, 10:36 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 9:54 am
slcagg wrote:
Honestly I'm mad about the loss, but rewashing the game, I agree with you. There was a lot of good that came out of it. I do think we still have a good shot at going 10-2 still.
There were a number of plays that you can point to that if they went the other way we win WF game. I optimistic about this team, but 10-2 is too optimistic for me. The conference is much better this year and we play the best teams from the West. We won some close games last year where a play or two not going our way and we have a couple more loses. I just don't see us only losing one more game with road games at Fresno, SDSU, and Colorado State. Even winning all our home games will be difficult with Boise St., Nevada, BYU, and Wyoming. A 8-4 record seems doable, but anything better than that will be very surprising.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 3rd, 2019, 10:40 am

Aggiewest wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 10:36 am
There were a number of plays that you can point to that if they went the other way we win WF game. I optimistic about this team, but 10-2 is too optimistic for me. The conference is much better this year and we play the best teams from the West. We won some close games last year where a play or two not going our way and we have a couple more loses. I just don't see us only losing one more game with road games at Fresno, SDSU, and Colorado State. Even winning all our home games will be difficult with Boise St., Nevada, BYU, and Wyoming. A 8-4 record seems doable, but anything better than that will be very surprising.
Colorado St is a home game. In fact, it's our Homecoming game.

I agree with your general point, though. I would be generally satisfied with an 8-4 season. A part of me still hopes to go 11-1 in the regular season, though. Of course, another part of me still fears going 1-11. Well... maybe not 1-11. But still.

Aggiewest

Post by Aggiewest » September 3rd, 2019, 10:45 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 10:40 am
Aggiewest wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 10:36 am
Colorado St is a home game. In fact, it's our Homecoming game.

I agree with your general point, though. I would be generally satisfied with an 8-4 season. A part of me still hopes to go 11-1 in the regular season, though. Of course, another part of me still fears going 1-11. Well... maybe not 1-11. But still.
You're correct and I should of known that because the Colorado State game is one where we probably should of lost last year and it was on the road. Thanks for the correction. It still doesn't change my mind that 8-4 is probably the best we can hope for. The AF game is on the road and it would probably be more difficult to get a win there than at Colorado State.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » September 3rd, 2019, 11:23 am

I think we showed enough that we could go 10-2. A lot of positives and a lot of our preseason worries did not come to fruition (OL, WRs).

I also think we showed some real weaknesses and some of our future opponents look better than I thought that I could see us not making a bowl. Wyoming and Nevada both beat P5 teams. AFA, SDSU, and Fresno were always going to be tough wins. Add Boise, BYU, and LSU and we have a tough road.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 3rd, 2019, 11:28 am

I would love 10-2, but I am leaning toward 7-5. I think the SDSU will tell us a lot. If we pull that one out, I really like our chances other than against LSU, Fresno and Boise.

Locked Previous topicNext topic