BYU looking good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aglicious
Site Admin

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Aglicious » September 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm

It doesn't happen for the Aggies that way. We schedule a historical middle to lower tier P5 team and end up facing them 2 out 3 times in some of their best years.

Then again, we also don't win games with hail Mary's year after year....but does anyone do it at the rate of BYU? Over the course of my life I swear I have never seen a team win more games on last minute fluke plays, or miracle answered prayer type plays. #livingrightoffthefield
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
aggies22NVAggie

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 15th, 2019, 8:08 am

dyedblue wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 8:39 pm
I'd give my left one for a win over Tennessee or USC. Enough with the they were up or down crap. We can't even beat a mediocre P5. Ever. Until we win some, I'm gonna shut up about that team down south.
Yep.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 15th, 2019, 8:49 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:18 pm
dyedblue wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Almost beating Wake, MSU, Auburn, Wisconsin is about the same as beating Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, USC, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, and whoever else they have beat. That's okay, we'll keep mocking them and they'll keep beating big name teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big names teams when their having down years.
byu also had a down year last year yet they still won at Arizona and at Wisconsin. Wisconsin wasn't that bad last year. A solid 8-5 big ten team. They have had some good wins that we would celebrate.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 15th, 2019, 8:51 am

Aglicious wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm
It doesn't happen for the Aggies that way. We schedule a historical middle to lower tier P5 team and end up facing them 2 out 3 times in some of their best years.

Then again, we also don't win games with hail Mary's year after year....but does anyone do it at the rate of BYU? Over the course of my life I swear I have never seen a team win more games on last minute fluke plays, or miracle answered prayer type plays. #livingrightoffthefield
They beat a couple of P5 teams every year. Don't really think it is a fluke at that point.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 15th, 2019, 9:07 am

Gotta hand it to the Coogs...they beat big name teams on a semi regular basis. That isn't an accident or a misfire... they must be respected. I would expect we beat them this year,,,,hail Mary or not,,,but watch out for the hail Mary.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 15th, 2019, 9:26 am

I think BYU is a lot better team than they were last year and this is very different than the Wisconsin game. They have a different QB who seems to just have only a decent arm but is a flat out play maker, they have more speed on the field, and a lot of inexperienced players that are playing now and look good, and a DT in Tonga who was wreaking havoc the past few games.

I think the odds are pretty good BYU is 5-2 coming into Logan and coming off a bye week (since they always schedule bye weeks before their game against us). That may end up our 2nd toughest game on schedule this year.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 16th, 2019, 8:55 am

That Tonga kid is a complete freak. He's like Andre the Giant out there.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 16th, 2019, 9:10 am

Always a challenge to play them...this will be a huge game for Utah State. Their Q B, while young, impressed me with his ability to see the field and make plays. Certainly a threat as a play maker.

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 16th, 2019, 4:01 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
Almost beating Wake, MSU, Auburn, Wisconsin is about the same as beating Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, USC, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, and whoever else they have beat. That's okay, we'll keep mocking them and they'll keep beating big name teams.

When you play 6-7 p5 teams per season, 1-2 are bound to be in for a ‘down’ season. However, in our case, SC and Mich St we’re about as ‘down’ as they could have been when we faced them and we still couldn’t get the job done.

I actually did think BYU would end up going 2-2 in this initial stretch of games but how they fare this weekend against uDub will be a greater gauge of “how good are they, really?”

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 16th, 2019, 4:31 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 9:10 am
Always a challenge to play them...this will be a huge game for Utah State. Their Q B, while young, impressed me with his ability to see the field and make plays. Certainly a threat as a play maker.
Kid’s a gamer. He looked ten times the qb than Mangum in that one series against us. I’ll just say we were fortunate that Sitake didn’t have the awareness to hand the reigns over to him sooner in the game, like out of halftime, rather than the final offensive series of the game.
These users thanked the author AGGZILLA for the post:
NavyBlueAggie

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

isrred
Pick'em Champ - '21 Kickoff

Post by isrred » September 16th, 2019, 5:08 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 4:01 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

When you play 6-7 p5 teams per season, 1-2 are bound to be in for a ‘down’ season. However, in our case, SC and Mich St we’re about as ‘down’ as they could have been when we faced them and we still couldn’t get the job done.

I actually did think BYU would end up going 2-2 in this initial stretch of games but how they fare this weekend against uDub will be a greater gauge of “how good are they, really?”
We lost to a 7 win Michigan State team that went bowling, byu beat a 3-9 Michigan State team. And we very well could have won the USC game in '13 if we'd had it at home like byu did.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » September 16th, 2019, 7:25 pm

I can’t stand BYU - but I have to respect them for doing what we long to do, but never quite do. Coulda woulda shoulda just doesn’t compare with did. We can argue if they’re up or down years but bottom line they win games that we have not.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » September 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Where is Brian Suite when we need him.

Locked Previous topicNext topic