LSU on "upset alert"

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

LSU on "upset alert"

Post by ViAggie » October 3rd, 2019, 5:36 pm

He's dreaming! Actually he's picking LSU to win but USU ATS

Utah State at No. 5 LSU
When: Saturday, Noon ET | Where: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Line: LSU -26.5

Why it's listed: Before LSU fans throw a fit, understand this is my long shot. The Tigers are coming off an open week, but I would not be looking ahead to Florida if I were them. Utah State has a track record of playing up for these types of games, and noon kickoffs can mean sleepy favorites. Watching Aggies quarterback Jordan Love is as much fun as you're going to have outside the usual suspects.

Utah State's key to the game: I don't have tremendous faith the Aggies are going to be able to slow down LSU's passing offense, so there's not much margin for error. Love, as good as he is, will need to play some hero ball and this team needs a couple of breaks because the offense is not the most efficient, either.

LSU's key to the game: The Tigers plan on utilizing "warp speed" periodically against Utah State's defense -- one step below "ludicrous speed." That's fine as long as the defense can get off the field on third downs. The Tigers defense is so-so in that category (34.43%) and are still nursing some injuries up front. Both teams like to play fast, so getting off the field quickly is important if the drives start mounting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... set-alert/

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

trombone_ninja

Re: LSU on "upset alert"

Post by trombone_ninja » October 3rd, 2019, 6:16 pm

This guy doesn’t seem to realize that Utah State’s offense likes to operate at “ludicrous speed,” especially in practice, so if a high-speed offense is their key to victory, we’ve got this in the bag.

Even so, I think it’s the Tigers by 20+

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 3rd, 2019, 6:28 pm

We should honestly come out super slow and catch them off guard. Super slow, methodical first drive pounding the ball and making short passes.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 3rd, 2019, 6:31 pm

I wish we could mimic Wake's hurry up and wait game, or what ever it is they do. That was the funnest offense I've seen all year.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 3rd, 2019, 7:04 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 6:16 pm
This guy doesn’t seem to realize that Utah State’s offense likes to operate at “ludicrous speed,” especially in practice, so if a high-speed offense is their key to victory, we’ve got this in the bag.

Even so, I think it’s the Tigers by 20+
I think the dude is confused. When their coach was talking about warp speed he was saying that is what their second team is doing in practice as the scout team. Trying to mimic our offense. Their coach said we play faster than anyone they will see all year. Said we were faster than Missouri. Are they supposed to play fast?

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » October 3rd, 2019, 8:58 pm

I think their coach was saying our athletes were faster than anything they'd seen so far this year but I may have imagined that.

Edit: I was wrong, you were right. I didn't realize Mizzou ran a fast offense.

Locked Previous topicNext topic