When you whore yourself out, you’re bound to get the clap

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

When you whore yourself out, you’re bound to get the clap

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 2:10 pm

How embarrassing. :disappointed:
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
BustaMcNutt

Aggie19

Re: When you whore yourself out, you’re bound to get the clap

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 2:13 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:10 pm
Hahaha! I'm positive this is the first time I've heard our football described as someone with a venereal disease, but point recieved
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
ProvoAggie

Go Aggies!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 5th, 2019, 2:33 pm

"Avoid the clap -- Jimmy Dugan"

"Gee thanks Mr. Dugan!"
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
YoungBloodAggie

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » October 5th, 2019, 5:22 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
So wrong on so many levels. Maybe you should donate the 1.5 MM our program needs. Then we would be good to go. I normally like your comments, but this one is just plain wrong to me. Go Aggies! Proud of you all the time!!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Agezzz wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 5:22 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
So wrong on so many levels. Maybe you should donate the 1.5 MM our program needs. Then we would be good to go. I normally like your comments, but this one is just plain wrong to me. Go Aggies! Proud of you all the time!!
Widow’s mite man. I give what I can and support whenever possible. I’m not embarrassed by the team. I’m embarrassed by administration that merely sees the $$ of playing a game like this, at this point in the season. I would love to play winnable P5 games for half the prize money, that involve a possible home game in Logan, and to no longer play FCS teams. Getting blown out in SEC country and then using up a home game to pay an FCS team to lose to us does very little to grow fan support and excitement. I know this because we’ve followed the same scheduling philosophy for 30 years and still can’t sell out the stadium or get more donations.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 5th, 2019, 6:13 pm

I don't get the point of saying why are we so stressed about if this is scheduled right now. If we would have played them the first game of the season it wouldn't have changed anything they have Superior athletes and very few of our players would sniff the field on their team. I agree it's not the most optimal time to play them but honestly one would be the most optimal time they are just better than us. With our current state of the program we need the money in order to pay the bills.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 6:35 pm

It’s not the competitive disadvantage of playing them now, they clearly are better in every way. Playing NFL size, speed, and aggression leads to worn down bodies and more injuries. Better to play it first game (if we have to) so guys can heal in time for conference play.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Machismo

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » October 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm
Agezzz wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Widow’s mite man. I give what I can and support whenever possible. I’m not embarrassed by the team. I’m embarrassed by administration that merely sees the $$ of playing a game like this, at this point in the season. I would love to play winnable P5 games for half the prize money, that involve a possible home game in Logan, and to no longer play FCS teams. Getting blown out in SEC country and then using up a home game to pay an FCS team to lose to us does very little to grow fan support and excitement. I know this because we’ve followed the same scheduling philosophy for 30 years and still can’t sell out the stadium or get more donations.

Widow’s mite man. Whatever that means???? I understand your point now, better than your first statement. If we had played them 28-14, you would feel differently. The reality is that USU needs the money games and will for a long time. I have a little bit of inside knowledge on this topic(not an expert), but I do. I am very supportive of getting these big games every couple of years. The problem with fans not coming to the games has nothing to do with playing a P 5 team. It's a Logan problem with building fan support after 40 years of $hit FB and their lack of knowledge as to how important the University is to the community in every way one can imagine. It's always been this way. I would much rather talk about this game than how we beat up on Stoney Brook. The better the schedule the better for Aggie visibility nationally. Beating Stoney brook gives us nothing but stats. Going into Death Valley shows we are not afraid to play anyone. This game could have easily been 35 to 13. That is respectful in my book. Maybe playing an easier schedule is what some want...not me. It's been the same argument with Stew and BB. Our easy pre season schedules did nothing to upgrade the program. Loved Stew, but he wanted wins more than Big Games. I like what I see with our current BB philosophy much more. But, to each their own. I will say again, we will need the Big Money games for a long long time. Go Aggies! I know you love them dearly too!!
These users thanked the author Agezzz for the post:
lionhead

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » October 5th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Oh please! Injuries in football can happen on any play at any time in practice and in games. I saw as many LSU player injured as Utah State players and most of the injuries had nothing to do with the LSU size and speed. Mariner was injured because he laid out to catching a pass and landed on his shoulder. I have seen that injury happen many times in little league and high school football. Maybe we should just play BYE for every ooc game. That way we would never have an ooc injury.
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post (total 2):
SBC_packersChicAggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Agezzz wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm
Agezzz wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Widow’s mite man. Whatever that means???? I understand your point now, better than your first statement. If we had played them 28-14, you would feel differently. The reality is that USU needs the money games and will for a long time. I have a little bit of inside knowledge on this topic(not an expert), but I do. I am very supportive of getting these big games every couple of years. The problem with fans not coming to the games has nothing to do with playing a P 5 team. It's a Logan problem with building fan support after 40 years of $hit FB and their lack of knowledge as to how important the University is to the community in every way one can imagine. It's always been this way. I would much rather talk about this game than how we beat up on Stoney Brook. The better the schedule the better for Aggie visibility nationally. Beating Stoney brook gives us nothing but stats. Going into Death Valley shows we are not afraid to play anyone. This game could have easily been 35 to 13. That is respectful in my book. Maybe playing an easier schedule is what some want...not me. It's been the same argument with Stew and BB. Our easy pre season schedules did nothing to upgrade the program. Loved Stew, but he wanted wins more than Big Games. I like what I see with our current BB philosophy much more. But, to each their own. I will say again, we will need the Big Money games for a long long time. Go Aggies! I know you love them dearly too!!
Well we can certainly agree on Stony Brook. I hate FCS games. I hate that we have to pay them to come in and suck. I wonder if LSU fans thought that same thing today.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 5th, 2019, 8:19 pm

We don't really "whore" ourselves out. We play one of these games a season and the vast majority of times the team isn't as elite as LSU this year. 7-5 Auburn, 8-6 Wisconsin team, 7-6 Tennessee, 7-6 Washington and 7-5 Michigan State are some of the teams we have played recently. All of those programs have potential to be great. Washington for example is now a perennial 10 win team and should be very good when we face them next year.

Yeah it sucks to get blown out and have injuries, but this is college football. We have talked for years of taking the next step. Teams trying to take the next step don't run from these games.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:19 pm
We don't really "whore" ourselves out. We play one of these games a season and the vast majority of times the team isn't as elite as LSU this year. 7-5 Auburn, 8-6 Wisconsin team, 7-6 Tennessee, 7-6 Washington and 7-5 Michigan State are some of the teams we have played recently. All of those programs have potential to be great. Washington for example is now a perennial 10 win team and should be very good when we face them next year.

Yeah it sucks to get blown out and have injuries, but this is college football. We have talked for years of taking the next step. Teams trying to take the next step don't run from these games.
We get paid handsomely to go into these teams’ home and lay on our backs while they have their way with us. If that ain’t “whore-like” then I may not know what whores do.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » October 5th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Im afraid this game will sting until we beat Nevada.
Last edited by Machismo on October 5th, 2019, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 5th, 2019, 8:28 pm

What is the point of playing if we aren’t willing to play the best.

The dream would be to play a team like LSU in a ny6 bowl.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 5th, 2019, 9:26 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Yeah it is amazing how defeatist this board has been today. Definitely not something I'd expect. Last year the talk was of going to a NY6 bowl if the ball bounced one way or the other and guess who we would have played? LSU. Would we have all been crying and demanding the game be cancelled?

For years Aggie fans have had to combat the "little brother" nonsense we have gotten from our rivals down south. Honestly after seeing the board today, maybe the little brother moniker works. Utah is in the Pac 12 and byu doesn't seem afraid to play anybody. While our fans are wanting to cancel our one game a year against the big boys. We all have disagreements about players, coaches and everything else, but I've never just been disappointed to read other opinions before today. You would think this was 2006 where we almost went winless and not a team coming off an 11 win nationally ranked season.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
NVAggielionhead

Murkymerk

Post by Murkymerk » October 5th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:13 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Hahaha! I'm positive this is the first time I've heard our football described as someone with a venereal disease, but point recieved
You weren’t around in the Arslanian, Dennehy, or Guy days were you?
These users thanked the author Murkymerk for the post:
BustaMcNutt

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 5th, 2019, 10:22 pm

This really has been a weird day. All these years of talking about taking the next step. Then we cry when we have an opportunity to show we are ready for the next step. Anyone, anywhere.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 10:23 pm

October 5th, 2019, 9:26 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

Yeah it is amazing how defeatist this board has been today. Definitely not something I'd expect. Last year the talk was of going to a NY6 bowl if the ball bounced one way or the other and guess who we would have played? LSU. Would we have all been crying and demanding the game be cancelled?

For years Aggie fans have had to combat the "little brother" nonsense we have gotten from our rivals down south. Honestly after seeing the board today, maybe the little brother moniker works. Utah is in the Pac 12 and byu doesn't seem afraid to play anybody. While our fans are wanting to cancel our one game a year against the big boys. We all have disagreements about players, coaches and everything else, but I've never just been disappointed to read other opinions before today. You would think this was 2006 where we almost went winless and not a team coming off an 11 win nationally ranked season.
Not sure, but I think you guys might be kissing what we’re really arguing here. The point is our program just isn’t at the stage where we have Boise’s depth or UFC’s depth to consistently plug the next man up in and compete. So yeah, I get nervous when we choose the extra cash over the chance at a MW championship.
The risk of injury is higher against SEC teams more than any other conference, so the argument would be that if we have to play this game we should play it game 1 so we can get guys back from injury in time for the games against our peers that really matter. And of course we should schedule games against the other P5 conferences. Everyone who is upset about this game is worried about MW championships not NY6 bowls.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 10:25 pm

NVAggie wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:22 pm
This really has been a weird day. All these years of talking about taking the next step. Then we cry when we have an opportunity to show we are ready for the next step. Anyone, anywhere.
We brought in 50 new guys this year. This was bound to be a step back from last year. Having said that I believe Gary is the right guy to build our program into a G5 juggernaut.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 10:36 pm

Serious question here, why do people think we've taken a step back? We've lost to two undefeated P5 teams, that quite possibly are having historic seasons for their schools. I get that it hasn't looked as polished and smooth, but we've beat who we were supposed to and SDSU and CSU are not slouch teams for us, those were quality wins. We have a responsible chance to win the rest of our games. Even if it doesn't look as pretty. We need to let out play out first.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
frankiesaysrelax

Go Aggies!

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 5th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:36 pm
Serious question here, why do people think we've taken a step back? We've lost to two undefeated P5 teams, that quite possibly are having historic seasons for their schools. I get that it hasn't looked as polished and smooth, but we've beat who we were supposed to and SDSU and CSU are not slouch teams for us, those were quality wins. We have a responsible chance to win the rest of our games. Even if it doesn't look as pretty. We need to let out play out first.
Very well said. This sums it up for me as well. Well, i would say reasonable and not responsible chance but maybe being responsible plays into it somehow too, but very well said.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 10:47 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:41 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
Very well said. This sums it up for me as well. Well, i would say reasonable and not responsible chance but maybe being responsible plays into it somehow too, but very well said.
Haha, apparently my proofreading skills diminish as the night goes on. I meant reasonable, but hell, let's be responsible about it too. 😁

Go Aggies!

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm

Want the truth well LSU fans put a total of $75 million into athletics, USU fans put in a total of $7 million those numbers reflect both ticket sales and donations. The USU fans bought a total of $2 million dollars in tickets for all sports. The administration has increased contributions by many millions of dollars in order to be at least competitive in the MWC, as it is students, and school funds make up 55 % of the budget. Even with that we spent the second lowest amount on athletics of any school in the conference. Where is USU going to get the money to run the program? If we spent as much as the fans of Wyoming do we would not need these games, so it is up to us.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
bigblue

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 6th, 2019, 7:03 am

oleblu111 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm
Want the truth well LSU fans put a total of $75 million into athletics, USU fans put in a total of $7 million those numbers reflect both ticket sales and donations. The USU fans bought a total of $2 million dollars in tickets for all sports. The administration has increased contributions by many millions of dollars in order to be at least competitive in the MWC, as it is students, and school funds make up 55 % of the budget. Even with that we spent the second lowest amount on athletics of any school in the conference. Where is USU going to get the money to run the program? If we spent as much as the fans of Wyoming do we would not need these games, so it is up to us.
Wyoming plays these games. They played Oregon with Mariotta when they were in the national championship.
What teams in our conference don't play these games? It is part of being a college football team. Before yesterday Aggie fans looked forward to these games and welcomed them. Playing Auburn game 1 after they were national champs is one of the most memorable Aggie games of the last 20 years.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 6th, 2019, 7:07 am

Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:47 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
CSU isn't a quality win. They are pretty bad, but the win at San Diego State was a very good win. Season still young, but that might be our most impressive win since joining the MW. Still have a lot to play for this year.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 6th, 2019, 7:33 am

October 6th, 2019, 7:07 am
Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:47 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
CSU isn't a quality win. They are pretty bad, but the win at San Diego State was a very good win. Season still young, but that might be our most impressive win since joining the MW. Still have a lot to play for this year.
I believe it was a quality win against CSU, not because they are a great. I think its a quality win because of the weather and our history of tough games with them. Over three last 10 games with them, we're 5-5. The series is pretty even since it began. Also because of what transpired at the end of the game last season, I think CSU wanted a little pay back.

Go Aggies!

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 6th, 2019, 8:35 am

CSU looked hapless at home last night. They are not a good team. SDSU's defense is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 6th, 2019, 8:43 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:23 pm
October 5th, 2019, 9:26 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

Not sure, but I think you guys might be kissing what we’re really arguing here. The point is our program just isn’t at the stage where we have Boise’s depth or UFC’s depth to consistently plug the next man up in and compete. So yeah, I get nervous when we choose the extra cash over the chance at a MW championship.
The risk of injury is higher against SEC teams more than any other conference, so the argument would be that if we have to play this game we should play it game 1 so we can get guys back from injury in time for the games against our peers that really matter. And of course we should schedule games against the other P5 conferences. Everyone who is upset about this game is worried about MW championships not NY6 bowls.
Amen Hipster! Exactly how it should be. Thanks

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » October 6th, 2019, 9:00 am

This board gets pathetic when we lose. I’ll solely be checking in for injury updates till the Nevada game.

letsbehonest
Has thanked: 0

Post by letsbehonest » October 6th, 2019, 9:18 am

Win or lose I just look forward to penis and std references
These users thanked the author letsbehonest for the post:
Usu0505

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 6th, 2019, 9:37 am

October 6th, 2019, 7:03 am
oleblu111 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm
Wyoming plays these games. They played Oregon with Mariotta when they were in the national championship.
What teams in our conference don't play these games? It is part of being a college football team. Before yesterday Aggie fans looked forward to these games and welcomed them. Playing Auburn game 1 after they were national champs is one of the most memorable Aggie games of the last 20 years.
Wyoming plays P-5 schools which is true however most of those are home and home for example the Missouri win was part of a home and home series as are Texas Tech, Utah, California, over the next 10 seasons they have one game that is not home and home with a power 5 school.big difference. Teams in the conference that do not do this are San Diego, Boise, Hawaii, and Air Force. I understand why we play these games, but I do not think putting the blame on the school is correct. I would be thrilled to do what Wyoming does.
Last edited by oleblu111 on October 6th, 2019, 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 6th, 2019, 9:45 am

It makes some fan sense to freak out after some losses, but this isn’t one of them.

I agree that it isn’t in our interest to schedule top end SEC teams. Our team can compete with just about any other teams from any other P5 conference (see our game from a few weeks ago against an undefeated P5 from a different conference). Top SEC teams are just a different animal talent-wise with NFL depth and talent at every position.

Schedule the Pac-12, Big Ten, and Big 12 schools for our money games. Really, just don’t schedule Bama or LSU.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 6th, 2019, 9:47 am

I don't see many freaking out because we lost. I think most are simply pointing out that our ineptitude is a pattern. We couldn't even punch it in from the 7 yard line and not just because it was LSU because we haven't done it all year.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » October 6th, 2019, 9:54 am

dyedblue wrote:I don't see many freaking out because we lost. I think most are simply pointing out that our ineptitude is a pattern. We couldn't even punch it in from the 7 yard line and not just because it was LSU because we haven't done it all year.

It’s not even so much the freaking out, it’s the bickering and low blows towards other fans and the team. For some, it is the extent of the freaking out as well.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 6th, 2019, 9:55 am

dyedblue wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 9:47 am
I don't see many freaking out because we lost. I think most are simply pointing out that our ineptitude is a pattern. We couldn't even punch it in from the 7 yard line and not just because it was LSU because we haven't done it all year.

I get that. I’m critical of our offensive performance from yesterday too.

Locked Previous topicNext topic