The ultimate fake injury to stop the clock

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FloridaAggie13

The ultimate fake injury to stop the clock

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 5th, 2019, 7:22 pm

BYU has nothing on Auburn. This from two weeks ago:

These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
SBC_packers

Jjoey53

Re: The ultimate fake injury to stop the clock

Post by Jjoey53 » November 5th, 2019, 10:34 pm

That was very weak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Someone made a good suggestion in another thread that they come out with a rule that if a player is hurt, he has to sit out the entire remainder of the series.

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » November 6th, 2019, 12:04 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:14 pm
Someone made a good suggestion in another thread that they come out with a rule that if a player is hurt, he has to sit out the entire remainder of the series.
I think series is too long but I would definitely support maybe 2 or 3 plays since they need to be "checked out".

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 6th, 2019, 7:11 am

FromLItoLogan wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 12:04 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:14 pm
I think series is too long but I would definitely support maybe 2 or 3 plays since they need to be "checked out".
I disagree. If there were some way to use replay to verify the "fakeness" of the injury, I think the punishment should be more severe. Force them to sit out a quarter. This kind of stuff is ridiculous. If a defense can't stop or slow down an offense either play better and get off the field or call more effective plays. I'm sure this just falls under the umbrella of "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 6th, 2019, 7:18 am

If you are hurt, your hurt. This isn’t soccer where a yellow car comes out and a player pops right back up. It is criminal to exploit injuries as a means to gain a competitive advantage. I suggested a series and I think that fits. I would like to see the play clock stop at 10 on defensive substitutions to that when players waddle off like Air Force did last year they can’t run the play clock down with late and slow substitutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » November 6th, 2019, 8:59 am

I'm conflicted on this.

Football is a rough sport that can leave injuries that severely impact player's lives. For that reason I think that the rules need to encourage players to err on the side of caution if they think they're hurt.

On the other hand, I hate flopping and don't think it should have a place in any sport.

I think a reasonable rule would be that an injured player cannot return for at least four plays. I also think that on injury timeouts only injured players shall be substituted. In the event of an illegal substitution there shall be a ten yard penalty and the illegally substituted players shall be removed from the field for the series and not replaced for the remainder of the series.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 6th, 2019, 10:11 am

Oh great, now football is becoming soccer. It won't be long before I hate it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic