Game day experience fail

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Re: Game day experience fail

Post by TheAKAggie » November 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm

AgMac wrote:I think the game day experience is fine. It sounds like maybe there are some issues on the east side.

I will, however, harp once again on something I complained about earlier - parking. Agree with others. You should NOT be selling parking when you don't have enough spots for your existing season ticket holders. Thanks for the info on who to contact. I'll be doing that.
AgMac, I shared your issues with someone in Athletics when we were talking about something else, he said the problem would be fixed “as soon as that cheap bastard donates more for a better parking spot.”

Rule #1

Hail Aggies!

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 3rd, 2019, 8:15 pm

AgMac wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:40 pm
I think the game day experience is fine. It sounds like maybe there are some issues on the east side.

I will, however, harp once again on something I complained about earlier - parking. Agree with others. You should NOT be selling parking when you don't have enough spots for your existing season ticket holders. Thanks for the info on who to contact. I'll be doing that.

Game day is great not awesome! But way better than most places I visit.

I agree on parking. What the heck is going on????? I donate $2,400 a year to get a parking pass & then they sell my spot for $10???? We that desperate to make an extra $500 per game.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 3rd, 2019, 8:46 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:37 am
NEVER let the opposing teams band in!! And I won't get concessions at our games because I go to watch the game NOT stand in line for nachos and miss an entire quarter.
Yesterday I went for the Nachos. Waited in line on two separate occasions during the second half. They were the best damn concession Nachos I've ever had. Well worth the wait.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:17 pm

bigblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 3:15 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
rAggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:22 am
Aggie fans complaining? What else is new?

I arrived to the stadium at 4 pm to tailgate, there were no parking issues, because football is meant to show up early and have fun. If you think you can roll in right before kickoff and breeze into the game, you are your own problem.

There are NO “reserved” parking spots unless you are in one of the numbered cone spots in the A lot. Your pass entitles you to access to a lot but if you show up late and it is full, it doesn’t entitle you to a spot.

I walked into the stadium about five minutes before kickoff. I had a blanket, I simply shook the blanket and breezes through security. I do not understand how some of you folks continue to complain about security, either you are taking too much stuff into the game, are mad you can’t smuggle things in, or you’re just a complainer.

Bathrooms? Not sure what the south and East experience is like but the west side bathrooms are fantastic. Rarely lines, perfect access — here’s a thought: if you want a high end, high touch experience, buy tickets on the west side. If you want to have an experience with less frills at a lower cost, go elsewhere, but don’t act as if buying the cheap seats entitles you to the amenities of the new part of the stadium unless you’re going to pony up or at minimum invest the time to walk to the west side.

You're right all of us low level donors on the east side should just shut up or stop coming to the games. Thank you for allowing me to look at the West Side during football games.
So you have a parking pass for lot B? I sit on the west side but only have passes for Lot D on the east side. It's quite the hike but I did arrive at 7:45 to my parking spot and was in my seat for the Aggie lights. I'll trade you parking spots. Seems like a win-win to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have a B lot pass and a D lot Pass. I have 2 seat on the west side and 4 seats on the east side.

My wife likes to sit on the east side so that she can sit by her sister. If I had it my way I would have all six on the west side. But my wife wants to keep the 4 on the east side next to her sister.

I gave my two seats on the west side to a client as the game was too late for my kids. I do this quite often and it works out well. Then me and my wife and my brother and one of his boys used the four seats on the east side.

I would have used the D parking lot however my wife got of the parking passes mixed up for this game.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 3rd, 2019, 9:32 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm
AgMac wrote:I think the game day experience is fine. It sounds like maybe there are some issues on the east side.

AgMac, I shared your issues with someone in Athletics when we were talking about something else, he said the problem would be fixed “as soon as that cheap bastard donates more for a better parking spot.”

Rule #1
I know you're joking, but the athletic department is going to see me go the other direction on this one.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » November 4th, 2019, 6:48 am

AgMac wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm

Rule #1
I know you're joking, but the athletic department is going to see me go the other direction on this one.
Understandable, I have a feeling there are some changes afoot in the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 4th, 2019, 10:27 am

The best way to fix all of these issues would be for the team to suck again so that the 800 of us that really care can spread out a bit and have no lines.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 3):
oleblu111Zaggie07Winning Team

Aggieiester

Post by Aggieiester » November 4th, 2019, 3:29 pm

ususports wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:19 pm
rAggie wrote:
If you want to have an experience with less frills at a lower cost, go elsewhere, but don’t act as if buying the cheap seats entitles you to the amenities of the new part of the stadium unless you’re going to pony up or at minimum invest the time to walk to the west side.
If that is an invitation to bring my young son over from the low life scum cheap section to piss on every toilet seat on the west side, consider it accepted. ;) You and oleblu must be best friends as you spend all of your time bragging to each other how much money you have. While you use 100 dollar bills to blow your nose and wipe your butt, I will use Charmin, as it just feels better even though it is less flashy and attention grabbing.
You seem nice

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 4th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Aggieiester wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 3:29 pm
ususports wrote:
rAggie wrote:
If you want to have an experience with less frills at a lower cost, go elsewhere, but don’t act as if buying the cheap seats entitles you to the amenities of the new part of the stadium unless you’re going to pony up or at minimum invest the time to walk to the west side.
If that is an invitation to bring my young son over from the low life scum cheap section to piss on every toilet seat on the west side, consider it accepted. ;) You and oleblu must be best friends as you spend all of your time bragging to each other how much money you have. While you use 100 dollar bills to blow your nose and wipe your butt, I will use Charmin, as it just feels better even though it is less flashy and attention grabbing.
You seem nice
To be fair, rAggie's post did come off a bit douchey.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 4th, 2019, 4:08 pm

AgMac wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Aggieiester wrote:
ususports wrote:
rAggie wrote:
You seem nice
I intended only the appropriate proportional level of douchiness to respond to the over the top complaining earlier in the thread. But the net of it all is, the stuff people are complaining about (lines, parking, bathrooms) that can be resolved but with some cost, whether that is time (walking), money (tickets, donations), or other.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » November 4th, 2019, 4:39 pm

I opened my trench coat on security as I entered the stadium. They said something about "not wanting to see any more of that!"
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 2):
BearLakeMonsterUSU78

ususports

Post by ususports » November 4th, 2019, 6:10 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 4:08 pm
AgMac wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Aggieiester wrote:
ususports wrote:
rAggie wrote:
You seem nice
I intended only the appropriate proportional level of douchiness to respond to the over the top complaining earlier in the thread. But the net of it all is, the stuff people are complaining about (lines, parking, bathrooms) that can be resolved but with some cost, whether that is time (walking), money (tickets, donations), or other.
Just to be clear on a few things. I was not a participant in any of the complaining in this thread. I have walked from my house to some games. Sometimes I park on the street and walk several blocks to other games (like I did this past weekend), so I don't care about parking. I usually don't go to the bathroom at games (just put on an extra large elastic band on one side and stick a cork in on the other--and that takes care of it). I don't buy any concessions, as I don't need a $300 miniature container of popcorn or $100 cup of hot chocolate. So for me, game day experience is working out just great in my cheap seats that all the people on the west side make fun of and look down at. I just saw an opportunity to make a joke about pissing on uppity people's toilets and posted it. Even it is not funny to anyone else, I had fun posting it. Now that I have wasted enough time on this thread, I need to go back to complaining on the basketball thread about how my kids are more intelligent at marketing than the ticket office. See you all over there.

Brushowl

Post by Brushowl » November 5th, 2019, 8:22 am

I really enjoy the Charmin Tissue in the Club seat restrooms. Makes me feel special!

I support our troops, especially the snipers.

Donman

Post by Donman » November 5th, 2019, 6:00 pm

AggiesForever wrote:I opened my trench coat on security as I entered the stadium. They said something about "not wanting to see any more of that!"
Careful there bishop

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » November 7th, 2019, 5:28 pm

AggiesForever wrote:I opened my trench coat on security as I entered the stadium. They said something about "not wanting to see any more of that!"
I was behind him in line, they pointed and laughed.

Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 7th, 2019, 8:46 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 5:28 pm
I was behind him in line, they pointed and laughed.

So you are saying there wasn’t much more of that to see.

Locked Previous topicNext topic