Any Woodward news?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1754
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has liked: 485 times
Been liked: 69 times

Any Woodward news?

Post by JSHarvey » November 3rd, 2019, 11:41 am

Is he gone for good or just temporarily out?


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Donman
Posts: 2517
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Donman » November 3rd, 2019, 11:42 am

Out for year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk




Blue Sage
Posts: 515
Joined: January 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Blue Sage » November 3rd, 2019, 11:55 am

I hope woody just moves on, long term brain injuries aren’t worth it.



bluegrouse
Posts: 2995
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 318 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by bluegrouse » November 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am

Did the concussion happen in practice or in the AF game? I don’t remember him going out in the game. Of course, I’ve tried to erase everything in my memory from that game but still.....



Elkaggie
Posts: 3642
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Elkaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 12:03 pm

He got hurt towards end of AF.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion & 2019 Weekly Pick'em Winner
Posts: 7806
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1303 times
Contact:

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 12:43 pm

Donman wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 11:42 am
Out for year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes. Out for the year. Returning for his senior year is definitely in question.
Last edited by aggies22 on November 3rd, 2019, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post from aggies22:
donlarson8



Yossarian
Posts: 2494
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Yossarian » November 3rd, 2019, 12:51 pm

If I was him, I would hang it up. It's not worth it. My wife's cousin suffered several concussions playing just high school football. He now, 25 years later, suffers excruciating headaches, can't concentrate, has missed so much work they will be letting him go, is so far in debt with medical bills he may never pay them off, and I worry about him taking the Junior Seau way out to ease his suffering. I would stop playing immediately, if I was Woodward, and i would pray i don't suffer long term damage. I really don't see how football can survive as a sport if this is the price to pay for participation.
These users liked this post from Yossarian. Total Likes: 6
oleblu111AGinNEIowaAggie_in_IdahoBLUERUFiOSl7vk918AGG



Bigd23
Posts: 48
Joined: August 30th, 2015, 10:12 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Bigd23 » November 3rd, 2019, 1:44 pm

Heard from a reliable source that Woodward has a torn meniscus and is out for the rest of the season. Don't know what is actually true and why the rumor mill says concussion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 479
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 3rd, 2019, 2:04 pm

Bigd23 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 1:44 pm
Heard from a reliable source that Woodward has a torn meniscus and is out for the rest of the season. Don't know what is actually true and why the rumor mill says concussion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Because its a message board and most these guys think they know when they don't ;)



Agezzz
Posts: 157
Joined: September 14th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Agezzz » November 3rd, 2019, 2:33 pm

Very reliable source. I have heard it's his 5th concussion and he is done with football. Will not ever play again. Health way more important than football.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2021
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 3rd, 2019, 3:08 pm

Yossarian wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:51 pm
If I was him, I would hang it up. It's not worth it. My wife's cousin suffered several concussions playing just high school football. He now, 25 years later, suffers excruciating headaches, can't concentrate, has missed so much work they will be letting him go, is so far in debt with medical bills he may never pay them off, and I worry about him taking the Junior Seau way out to ease his suffering. I would stop playing immediately, if I was Woodward, and i would pray i don't suffer long term damage. I really don't see how football can survive as a sport if this is the price to pay for participation.
Wow that sucks. Sorry for your family. It does make you wonder what the future is of football. Love football, but you wonder if you are a parent of a great 15 year old athlete if you don't if nothing else highly push them in the direction of another sport.



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1650
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 145 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Jjoey53 » November 3rd, 2019, 3:32 pm

Agezzz wrote:Very reliable source. I have heard it's his 5th concussion and he is done with football. Will not ever play again. Health way more important than football.
Too bad, but he needs to hang up the cleats. A person’s life is more important than football


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



TomMangum
Posts: 11
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by TomMangum » November 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm

He will announce his retirement from football this week.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1203
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 259 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm

TomMangum wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm
He will announce his retirement from football this week.
Not going to lie reading this made me shed a tear. He is such an awesome player I love the way he played, the way heacted on the field, he will always be one of my favorites. Hopefully he can finish up his degree and move on and be successful in life.



User avatar
Empire of Dirt
Posts: 3295
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:57 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Empire of Dirt » November 3rd, 2019, 6:45 pm

My wife said no football for Jr with he was 8 or so. I argued with her at the time, but I'm super glad that she didn't give in.

He is 14 now, lettered in a different sport as a freshman may letter in another. No brain injuries or trauma.

I actually feel a twinge of guilt watching football and wonder how long the game can continue as it is currently constructed.

I hope Woodard gets out and it isn't too late for him to heal completely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These users liked this post from Empire of Dirt. Total Likes: 2
JSHarveyAggieFBObsession


"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

BeNo
Posts: 650
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 6:55 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:45 pm
My wife said no football for Jr with he was 8 or so. I argued with her at the time, but I'm super glad that she didn't give in.

He is 14 now, lettered in a different sport as a freshman may letter in another. No brain injuries or trauma.

I actually feel a twinge of guilt watching football and wonder how long the game can continue as it is currently constructed.

I hope Woodard gets out and it isn't too late for him to heal completely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Not just football:
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regiona ... ev1LLNsNO/



bluegrouse
Posts: 2995
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 318 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by bluegrouse » November 3rd, 2019, 8:49 pm

TomMangum wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm
He will announce his retirement from football this week.
Wow. Heartbreaker. Truly hurt for the kid. He clearly loved playing the game. Special player. At the same time, I’m glad he and those around him are smart enough to call it while they can. Wish him all the best in the world.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6651
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:59 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:45 pm
My wife said no football for Jr with he was 8 or so. I argued with her at the time, but I'm super glad that she didn't give in.

He is 14 now, lettered in a different sport as a freshman may letter in another. No brain injuries or trauma.

I actually feel a twinge of guilt watching football and wonder how long the game can continue as it is currently constructed.

I hope Woodard gets out and it isn't too late for him to heal completely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I don't feel any guilt; not everyone who plays ends up with long term brain damage and those that are playing are making a conscious, educated choice.

There are risks in all of life's endeavors, not just sports. Look at the stress (cardiovascular disease) in other occupations such as banking or the medical profession.

That said, if I had boys, I wouldn't have let them play until they were older, if at all. I don't think the potential benefits outweigh the risks. And in fact, my main concern would have been paralysis; one hit with the head tilted ever so slightly at the wrong angle...and...



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 567
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by El Sapo » November 5th, 2019, 10:20 am

This is devastating. Clearly Woody has been playing hurt for a few games.

I think he was injured before the season even started. Hasn't been 100% all year. Man, I'm surprised how the team can keep these injuries secret. Goes to show you how little (or how poor) media coverage we have.


I can see how these decisions might seem overwhelming for some posters, football is complex. It can seem like a single decision doesn't matter because there are too many variables......That wasn't the case with Wake Forest

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4749
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2019, 10:32 am

El Sapo wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 10:20 am
This is devastating. Clearly Woody has been playing hurt for a few games.

I think he was injured before the season even started. Hasn't been 100% all year. Man, I'm surprised how the team can keep these injuries secret. Goes to show you how little (or how poor) media coverage we have.
He did miss alot of fall camp, and the team did keep it from us for over a week. The only reason it leaked is cause of us being concerned he had quit cause of not being on the sidelines.

One media guy we all miss is Jared Eborn.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion & 2019 Weekly Pick'em Winner
Posts: 7806
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1303 times
Contact:

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by aggies22 » November 5th, 2019, 10:50 am

El Sapo wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 10:20 am
This is devastating. Clearly Woody has been playing hurt for a few games.

I think he was injured before the season even started. Hasn't been 100% all year. Man, I'm surprised how the team can keep these injuries secret. Goes to show you how little (or how poor) media coverage we have.
I knew by mid-week of last week. I didn't say anything publicly because it forced byu to have to game plan with the assumption that David Woodward would be on the field. Having information that David Woodward would be missing the game would have allowed them to change their plan. As we clearly saw #9 was sorely missed Saturday night but I wasn't about to leak information that could potentially help the opposition. Those that read this board that I chose to share the info with prior to Saturday know what I'm talking about.



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 567
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by El Sapo » November 5th, 2019, 10:54 am

How much did Woody being out effect the team? We were flat coming out of the locker room. Seems like something effected the teams moral. They were complacent according to mediots who are only casual fans. It was easy to see we weren't mentally ready. At first I thought the weight of the season had finally caught up with the defense.

Mediots said our offense has the lowest time of possession in college football. Does the mean our defense has the most time on the field? If so that's just one more strike against Sanford and the hurry up offense.

How can we expect our defense to hold up after basically playing 2 games in one?


I can see how these decisions might seem overwhelming for some posters, football is complex. It can seem like a single decision doesn't matter because there are too many variables......That wasn't the case with Wake Forest

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion & 2019 Weekly Pick'em Winner
Posts: 7806
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1303 times
Contact:

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by aggies22 » November 5th, 2019, 11:05 am

El Sapo wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 10:54 am
How much did Woody being out effect the team? We were flat coming out of the locker room. Seems like something effected the teams moral. They were complacent according to mediots who are only casual fans. It was easy to see we weren't mentally ready. At first I thought the weight of the season had finally caught up with the defense.

Mediots said our offense has the lowest time of possession in college football. Does the mean our defense has the most time on the field? If so that's just one more strike against Sanford and the hurry up offense.

How can we expect our defense to hold up after basically playing 2 games in one?
You can't. The offense MUST find a way to stay on the field longer.



NVAggie
Posts: 15951
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 539 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by NVAggie » November 5th, 2019, 11:11 am

So how does one get on your list of insiders aggies22?



taniataylor
Posts: 1598
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 403 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by taniataylor » November 5th, 2019, 12:25 pm

NVAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:11 am
So how does one get on your list of insiders aggies22?

Yea '22 - I need to be on the list


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
Dwigt
Posts: 1172
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Dwigt » November 5th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Is there any chance Tipa would get moved into Woodward’s spot?


"The threshold of insult is in direct relation to intelligence and security." John Steinbeck

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion & 2019 Weekly Pick'em Winner
Posts: 7806
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1303 times
Contact:

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by aggies22 » November 5th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Dwigt wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Is there any chance Tipa would get moved into Woodward’s spot?
I wouldn't count on it.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion & 2019 Weekly Pick'em Winner
Posts: 7806
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1303 times
Contact:

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by aggies22 » November 5th, 2019, 2:15 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 12:25 pm
NVAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:11 am
So how does one get on your list of insiders aggies22?

Yea '22 - I need to be on the list
I'm sorry!! I didn't think you'd be interested in a defensive guy!!



taniataylor
Posts: 1598
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 403 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by taniataylor » November 5th, 2019, 2:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 2:15 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 12:25 pm
NVAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:11 am
So how does one get on your list of insiders aggies22?

Yea '22 - I need to be on the list
I'm sorry!! I didn't think you'd be interested in a defensive guy!!
Jordan used to be a CB so I can handle defense....


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion & 2019 Weekly Pick'em Winner
Posts: 7806
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 2388 times
Been liked: 1303 times
Contact:

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by aggies22 » November 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 2:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 2:15 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 12:25 pm
NVAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:11 am
So how does one get on your list of insiders aggies22?

Yea '22 - I need to be on the list
I'm sorry!! I didn't think you'd be interested in a defensive guy!!
Jordan used to be a CB so I can handle defense....
1,000 apologies!!



Chatman
Posts: 1074
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Chatman » November 5th, 2019, 3:14 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 10:54 am
How much did Woody being out effect the team?
I think there were several plays that went for big gains that Woody would have prevented. Without him it doesn’t appear anyone on the defense has the ability to tackle. It was very noticeable that his absence was a huge blow.



User avatar
RigAggie
Posts: 847
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by RigAggie » November 5th, 2019, 3:18 pm

I also think about the psychological effect of him being out. He was the leader of the team in more ways than just tackles. The whole defense just didn't look the same.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3642
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Elkaggie » November 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm

The first drive of the game the got a huge play on a third down, I think that his replacement was lost and way too slow. Is Shelton his replacement?



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6651
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 5th, 2019, 7:24 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 2:14 pm
Dwigt wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Is there any chance Tipa would get moved into Woodward’s spot?
I wouldn't count on it.
Yes, because according to the coaching staff, Tipa is much more effective lined up six inches from a 300 lb tackle. :headscratch:



Aggs&Jazz12
Posts: 91
Joined: July 5th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Any Woodward news?

Post by Aggs&Jazz12 » November 8th, 2019, 6:35 pm

I know it’s now common knowledge he’s out for the season. But just wanted to add, per very reliable, that Woody is indeed out for the season and he is fully intent on treating this as a season-ending injury, and not a career ending injury as he will be declaring for the draft at the end of the season and try his luck in the league.

I hope it works out and his long-term health isn’t placed in jeopardy.
These users liked this post from Aggs&Jazz12. Total Likes: 4
usufan1Sl7vkaggies22donlarson8



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic