Tipa's Out

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2752
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Tipa's Out

Post by AgMac » November 9th, 2019, 5:08 pm

This should go well. :shock:



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by dyedblue » November 9th, 2019, 5:42 pm

No wonder we’ve looked so bad on defense this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

blueaggie
Posts: 949
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by blueaggie » November 9th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Why do they not disclose what the injuries are?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12718
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 588 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by ProvoAggie » November 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm

blueaggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Why do they not disclose what the injuries are?
To keep other teams guessing. Harder to prep for a team if you don't know who is playing. If the injury is disclosed then most teams could make a guess as to when the player will be back.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16844
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 753 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by NVAggie » November 9th, 2019, 9:14 pm

It makes it harder for me to Predict the Score too. No wonder I am always on the bottom of the rankings.

I am top 3 in basketball though...maybe



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 809
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by Sl7vk » November 10th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Anyone have any ideas on the injury? Will he be back for WYO?



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4336
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by aceofspadeskb » November 11th, 2019, 8:12 am

bump. Anyone know anything?



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 958
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by El Sapo » November 11th, 2019, 11:09 am

Horrific. Our 2 biggest impact players on defense gone. This could have been a season long nagging injury....

What? Where? When?


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

Yossarian
Posts: 3500
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by Yossarian » November 11th, 2019, 11:11 am

El Sapo wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 11:09 am
Horrific. Our 2 biggest impact players on defense gone. This could have been a season long nagging injury....

What? Where? When?
Three, if you count Fua Leilua



blueaggie
Posts: 949
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by blueaggie » November 11th, 2019, 2:25 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm
blueaggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Why do they not disclose what the injuries are?
To keep other teams guessing. Harder to prep for a team if you don't know who is playing. If the injury is disclosed then most teams could make a guess as to when the player will be back.
Okay, I get that but now both Galeai and Woodward are out for the year but we still have not heard anything about the injuries. I have heard that Woodward would not play football again because of concussions and then I hear he is going to prepare for the draft. It reminds me of Devonte Mays senior year.



User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2752
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by AgMac » November 11th, 2019, 2:34 pm

To be clear, my OP was at the first of the Fresno game when they announced it on TV, and I meant he was out for the Fresno game. I have no idea if he is out for the rest of the year. Perhaps others do?



Elkaggie
Posts: 3762
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by Elkaggie » November 11th, 2019, 2:41 pm

I know Tipa warmed up



Chatman
Posts: 1137
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by Chatman » November 11th, 2019, 5:20 pm

blueaggie wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 2:25 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm
blueaggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Why do they not disclose what the injuries are?
To keep other teams guessing. Harder to prep for a team if you don't know who is playing. If the injury is disclosed then most teams could make a guess as to when the player will be back.
Okay, I get that but now both Galeai and Woodward are out for the year but we still have not heard anything about the injuries. I have heard that Woodward would not play football again because of concussions and then I hear he is going to prepare for the draft. It reminds me of Devonte Mays senior year.
Woodward is going to try to play in the nfl and not come back for his senior year.

Tipa may not be injured? Don’t know for sure.



User avatar
sammyhagar
Posts: 398
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:15 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by sammyhagar » November 11th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Tipa is playing Saturday



IdAggie
Posts: 143
Joined: December 9th, 2011, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by IdAggie » November 11th, 2019, 5:52 pm

High ankle sprain late in BYU game. Was not too bad and I would guess he will be ready this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author IdAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy



blueaggie
Posts: 949
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by blueaggie » November 12th, 2019, 1:22 am

That's great news about Tipa. Hopefully they can put in a position to be successful. So what is the injury that is taking Woodward out for the rest of the year? I never did see him go down in a game. Concussions?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2965 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by aggies22 » November 12th, 2019, 8:22 am

blueaggie wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 1:22 am
That's great news about Tipa. Hopefully they can put in a position to be successful. So what is the injury that is taking Woodward out for the rest of the year? I never did see him go down in a game. Concussions?
Yes. David Woodward is out with a concussion.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 720
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by thegreendalegelf » November 12th, 2019, 8:27 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 8:22 am
blueaggie wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 1:22 am
That's great news about Tipa. Hopefully they can put in a position to be successful. So what is the injury that is taking Woodward out for the rest of the year? I never did see him go down in a game. Concussions?
Yes. David Woodward is out with a concussion.
Is there any chance that Woodward comes back for a bowl game? Especially if it is later in December?



Imakeitrain
Posts: 6250
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by Imakeitrain » November 12th, 2019, 8:33 am

thegreendalegelf wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 8:27 am
aggies22 wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 8:22 am
blueaggie wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 1:22 am
That's great news about Tipa. Hopefully they can put in a position to be successful. So what is the injury that is taking Woodward out for the rest of the year? I never did see him go down in a game. Concussions?
Yes. David Woodward is out with a concussion.
Is there any chance that Woodward comes back for a bowl game? Especially if it is later in December?
I doubt he'd be ready- but even if here were why would he? Even if he feels he COULD play and is cleared- what would be the point in playing in a bowl that the only people watching are USU fans and whichever Sun Belt we end up playing. Assuming he were healthy, the only way I see him putting on pads again for USU is if we are playing in the MWCCG. Those are 2 GIANT IFs. "IF he is healthy" and "IF we make the MWCCG" (and even then it may not be worth it)

Otherwise, I hope to be rooting for him on Sundays.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1820
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 699 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by JSHarvey » November 12th, 2019, 8:55 am

I hope it all works out well for Woodward. But if he has had concussions to the point it is season ending it seems like trying to play in the NFL is really rolling the dice with his brain health. In any event best of luck to him, and thanks to him for all that he's done as an Aggie!


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2965 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa's Out

Post by aggies22 » November 12th, 2019, 11:16 am

thegreendalegelf wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 8:27 am
aggies22 wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 8:22 am
blueaggie wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 1:22 am
That's great news about Tipa. Hopefully they can put in a position to be successful. So what is the injury that is taking Woodward out for the rest of the year? I never did see him go down in a game. Concussions?
Yes. David Woodward is out with a concussion.
Is there any chance that Woodward comes back for a bowl game? Especially if it is later in December?
I would be surprised if he did. I think his focus is on a possible career in the NFL. If he is a legitimate draft prospect, which I think he is, why waste any more hits to the head in college?
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
thegreendalegelf



Locked Previous topicNext topic